3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

White Shark

Up-N-Atomizer Appreciation Thread

ash-274

I was flipping NPC’s over the retaining walls of the Observatory.

When the police showed up I flipped some prepositioned cars on top of them.  This gun is fun!

I was trying to blow up a Event Cargo car to split it into two packages so someone else could benefit and a random showed up kept shooting me with the Atomizer, then drove off with the vehicle.  I respawned and shot him out of it, then delivered the vehicle.  Trying to be nice...

Hazzardtohimself

Two fun things (well, one fun, and one glitchy). 

The first is riding the train and firing at random NPCs, traffic etc. 😋 Especially fun at 'highway speeds'. 

The weird one is firing at the base / the posts surrounding Simeon's Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man to see the spaghetti physics take over. 

Hellbendzor
2 hours ago, ash-274 said:

I was flipping NPC’s over the retaining walls of the Observatory.

When the police showed up I flipped some prepositioned cars on top of them.  This gun is fun!

I was trying to blow up a Event Cargo car to split it into two packages so someone else could benefit and a random showed up kept shooting me with the Atomizer, then drove off with the vehicle.  I respawned and shot him out of it, then delivered the vehicle.  Trying to be nice...

There are sadly still folks out there that don't know you can share the cargo... I'm a lil hesitant to admit I was one of them until a few days ago. Thx (again) to this forum and the respective threads, I now blow up the car and let another person have another chance at getting the UNA Christmas livery…

During my last round there were two guys fighting a horde of NPC. Then when one tried to get away, I started firing away. Destroyed the cargo and the 'thief'... Then they teamed up on me, so I think they planned on sharing,  ehhe.. A lil against my principles I finished what I started and got my crate… The Christmas livery is a lil too special not to.. But sadly, once again a sweater we get anyway in the next few days… Still hoping to get the Christmas livery for the UNA, making it a lil more unique and special... I love the gun...

Edited by Hellbendzor

TCMike

Damn... this thing is fun.  lol

Gaffa
9 hours ago, WildBrick142 said:

It has a price, and a dripfeed text string, so it's always possible that it will.

Rockstar Support leaked the release dates. I'm guessing the Christmas stuff is 'early access', and in January everyone will be able to buy it if they missed a free one.
<snipped>

Ahh yes I did miss those things which was a bit stupid considering I had messed with the globals to actually activate them in Ammunation 

Of course, nothing's 'exclusive' anymore and Rockstar can't possibly miss out on that cash cow. That'll be a divided, potentially unpopular opinion because "hurr durr, why can't I have that" but then again there's plenty of things on people's profiles that other's can't and wouldn't be able to get anyway. 

MusicMan05
1 hour ago, Hellbendzor said:

There are sadly still folks out there that don't know you can share the cargo... I'm a lil hesitant to admit I was one of them until a few days ago. Thx (again) to this forum and the respective threads, I now blow up the car and let another person have another chance at getting the UNA Christmas livery…

During my last round there were two guys fighting a horde of NPC. Then when one tried to get away, I started firing away. Destroyed the cargo and the 'thief'... Then they teamed up on me, so I think they planned on sharing,  ehhe.. A lil against my principles I finished what I started and got my crate… The Christmas livery is a lil too special not to.. But sadly, once again a sweater we get anyway in the next few days… Still hoping to get the Christmas livery for the UNA, making it a lil more unique and special... I love the gun...

I tried to inform a player that took the Event Cargo I was attempting to split the other day that it can be shared. He refused to believe me and insisted that I was trying to ruin it for everyone else by destroying the Event Items...

Oh, and fyi, the Holiday Gifts Festive Sweaters we're getting in the next few days are different from the Event Cargo Festive Sweaters:

Event Cargo Festive Sweaters:

• Red Bleeder Festive Sweater
  • Blue Slaying Festive Sweater
  • Burger Shot Festive Sweater
  • Green Cluckin' Festive Sweater
  • Ice Cold Sprunk Festive Sweater

Holiday Gifts Festive Sweaters:

• Blue Bleeder Festive Sweater
  • Green Slaying Festive Sweater
  • Hail Santa Festive Sweater
  • Blue Cluckin' Festive Sweater
  • Merry Sprunkmas Festive Sweater

AUScowboy

I wanted to hate this thing, and still kinda do TBH, but I must admit that the novelty is pretty fun. If they are going to go full kitchen sink mode at this point, they might as well just make a massive alien doomsday heist style dlc. If you're going to go full retard, it's best to commit 100%. Seriously though, I could dig an alien invasion DLC that is similar to Undead Nightmare where there are packs of scary aliens and UFOs roaming about. A bit of a survival/preper vibe, a purchasable Zancudo UFO as the coup de gras vehicle of the update complete with stealth and teleporting capabilities but no offensive weapons (for once it would be nice to get a meme vehicle that does so many crazy things that weapons would be unnecessary). Have an underwater alien base with the interior that the CEO office garage floor skin with the kraken alien hinted at (many suspect it to be concept art for the supposed canceled Alien War SP DLC).

I was apprehensive at first, but I mind less and less that crazy, over the top stuff is being added at this point in GTAO's life span. That being said, I just know the Atomizer is going to be the griefer's new favorite tool lol.

Edited by AUScowboy

White Shark
50 minutes ago, AUScowboy said:

I was apprehensive at first, but I mind less and less thay crazy, over the top stuff is being added at this point in GTAO's life span. That being said, I just know the Atomizer is going to be the griefer's new favorite tool lol.

Who cares about what the griefers will do with it?  Their one-dimensional and dull lives have no impact on me.  

Earlier today, my nightclub vehicle got stuck.  A quick few blasts from my Atomizer saved the day!  This thing is valuable.  No need to call in a truck and risk destroying my delivery vehicles anymore.  

And stuck behind multiple metal railings down by the docks (you know the ones), blocking my access to my vehicle?  Zap - zap - zap.  Punched holes right through them allowing me quick and easy access.  Far quicker and less noisy than using explosives.

Edited by White Shark

AUScowboy

They have an impact on anybody trying to do literally anything in free roam. Unless you're new to the game, it should be fairly apparent how bad the griefer problem is, and also how R* cater to them with meme vehicles like the Oppressors, Deluxo missiles, ect.

It is a great tool for getting stuck vehicles unstuck for sure. Will make Trashmaster deliveries a lot less stressful.

Edited by AUScowboy

MusicMan05
25 minutes ago, AUScowboy said:

I wanted to hate this thing, and still kinda do TBH, but I must admit that the novelty is pretty fun. If they are going to go full kitchen sink mode at this point, they might as well just make a massive alien doomsday heist style dlc. If you're going to go full retard, it's best to commit 100%. Seriously though, I could dig an alien invasion DLC that is similar to Undead Nightmare where there are packs of scary aliens and UFOs roaming about. A bit of a survival/preper vibe, a purchasable Zancudo UFO as the coup de gras vehicle of the update complete with stealth and teleporting capabilities but no offensive weapons (for once it would be nice to get a meme vehicle that does so many crazy things that weapons would be unnecessary. Have an underwater alien base with the interio that thebCEO office garage floor skin with the krakeb alien hinted at (many suspect it to be concept art for the supposed canceled Alien War SP DLC).

I was apprehensive at first, but I mind less and less thay crazy, over the top stuff is being added at this point in GTAO's life span. That being said, I just know the Atomizer is going to be the griefer's new favorite tool lol.

This was why I was always in favor of a Alien/Epsilon Apocalypse Story DLC over a Zombie Apocalypse Story DLC. (Or new Survival Modes that introduced Aliens, Clowns and Zombies as NPCs)

I'm hoping that if/when we do get mansions it'll also be a Batman/vigilante crime fighter update. Since Arena Wars added the Republican Space Ranger outfit and weapons, they could use the crime fighter cartoon costumes for a crime fighter update. That way vigilantes can dress up as:

• Gordon Moorehead
  • Impotent Rage
  • The Kung Fu Rainbow Lazerforce
  • Princess Robot Bubblegum

Vigilantes dressing up as cartoon super heroes would still be considered criminals by LSC, so it wouldn't be a law enforcement update.

JON22

Was trying to shoot the back doors off to see if I could go in the back.

SorrowfulPiercingAmericangoldfinch-size_

......Rockstar stuck an invisible barrier there so you can't climb in :(

Love this gun.

Edited by JON22
Incomplete sentence

gtafan26
34 minutes ago, AUScowboy said:

It is a great tool for getting stuck vehicles unstuck for sure. Will make Trashmaster deliveries a lot less stressful.

Yus, 100% , it save my ass doing to a nightclub delivery in the snow, ( my own fault for not waiting) I got the Pounder Custom stuck use Atomizer to get it unstuck.

Prince_Polaris

How do I customize this thing?  Am I even able to?

AUScowboy

Not until it's officially released on Jan 1st according to a supposed support ticket... who knows though.

White Shark
7 hours ago, MusicMan05 said:

This was why I was always in favor of a Alien/Epsilon Apocalypse Story DLC over a Zombie Apocalypse Story DLC. (Or new Survival Modes that introduced Aliens, Clowns and Zombies as NPCs)

I'm hoping that if/when we do get mansions it'll also be a Batman/vigilante crime fighter update. Since Arena Wars added the Republican Space Ranger outfit and weapons, they could use the crime fighter cartoon costumes for a crime fighter update. That way vigilantes can dress up as:

• Gordon Moorehead
  • Impotent Rage
  • The Kung Fu Rainbow Lazerforce
  • Princess Robot Bubblegum

Vigilantes dressing up as cartoon super heroes would still be considered criminals by LSC, so it wouldn't be a law enforcement update.

I too want a vigilante update, the type where you are rewarded heavily for hunting down griefers / those with an increased mental state.

Also, when you're in vigilante mode, the griefers can't lock onto you, and their bullets and explosives do only 25% damage, allowing you to deal with them with ease or even engage in hand to hand combat with all new melee moves and martial art style attacks.

EkaSwede
6 hours ago, Prince_Polaris said:

How do I customize this thing?  Am I even able to?

There might be the chance we can customize it when it's released on January 1st. Then it'll show up in AmmuNation.

mysteriousamg

I think they are going to make a space travel update w all these sci fi additions. They gave us friggin spacesuits. 

Foreverpast

I get the vibe that this weapon will get a major nerf at some point, in some form.

Enough people will flood R* support with complaints that it'll either end up with a 10 second recharge time or a damage output equal to a snowball.

Edited by Foreverpast

Cavot
8 minutes ago, Foreverpast said:

I get the vibe that this weapon with get a major nerf at some point, in some form.

Enough people will flood R* support with complaints that it'll either end up with a 10 second recharge time or a damage output equal to a snowball.

I doubt it will get a nerf. The auto-aim range on it is pretty similar to the stun gun from single player, making it more suited for extreme close range. It can be free aimed fairly easily however, and makes it one of the few weapons that requires timing and skill to use at further ranges due to the shot being a physical object and not hit scan.

Garland137

I was using it during Robbery in Progress and accidentally blasted the money guy into the inaccessible part of the bank.  I then blasted my feet and flopped over top of the cashier windows.  Killed the guy, took the money, and then. . . walked around the upper floor.  You could troll some people in free roam with this.

Gridl0k

I'm glad you all like the pew pew gun.

RedDagger

Uncle Sikee Atric

Yeah, no.....

That half a page of arguments and disagreements hidden and a firm warning for the participants.  A few of you are already straining your welcome and carrying on the discussion in the same light will result in the persons involved taking a nice festive holiday away from GTAF!

Carry on.

Natsuki

Did I mention I like this gun? It's pretty neat. aqmDucr.png

Fun for throwing your friend around with ease.

Edited by irish.chr

RyuNova
8 minutes ago, irish.chr said:

Did I mention I like this gun? It's pretty neat. aqmDucr.png

Fun for throwing your friend around with ease.

You did, I also like this Alien gun in GTA. I hope this, the Hellbringer and Widowmaker are signs we will get more fun and interesting weapons in the future. We still need the Flamethrower from GTA III and the Katana from VC. If planets align we might see the Electro-Gun from GTA2 as well but who knows.

REXX
12 hours ago, MusicMan05 said:

Gordon Moorehead

Fighting crime with crime, see.

*puffs Redwood*

Qv2JH0I.jpg

CaliMeatWagon

It's nice to see a re-skin of a classic GTA weapon back in the game. 

kcole4001

I just couldn't stop flipping cars last night, the cops killed me 5 or 6 times in a row.

Still finding it's uses during missions or jobs, though.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't so well.

Gridl0k

Cops hate this gun, for some reason. It doesn't have the RPG's "infinite intimidation" factor in heists though.

deadx23

Yay I finally got it on most of my accounts (the most important ones) now that I have it I lost interest.