Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
White Shark

Up-N-Atomizer Appreciation Thread

Recommended Posts

kcole4001
Posted (edited)

Well, after a bit of experimentation, it does indeed work:

 

NLfu47_takKwfwlxQ0RWaA_0_0.jpg

 

You have to pre select the Atomizer in your weapon wheel while on foot, then enter via the passenger side of the buggy.

The weapon wheel doesn't record via the in game recorder, but when you enter the driver side, you get the normal drive by weapon wheel and reticules.

When you first select the atomizer, enter on the passenger's side, when you access the weapon wheel, all that appears is the Atomizer, and it's greyed out.

However, this video proves it's usable in the vehicle while driving.

I first shot the vehicle using the Atomizer, also got it stuck first then shot it, but after repeatedly exiting and entering the vehicle, I don't think that shooting the buggy has any bearing on availability of the weapon.

 

Note that I did NOT add the extra armor plates as I suspect that they may block shooting angles or even weapon availability while in the vehicle, and I didn't want to over complicate the criteria for the test.

The bunker sale vehicle doesn't have these extra plates, so best keep it the way it will be available in the mission, since that's where most people will encounter this vehicle.

I've been looking for a reason to buy this thing and for it to redeem itself, and this is it!

It's a very handy combination, the buggy is actually pretty decent when upgraded (MOC or Avenger vehicle workshop), though of course you won't get to use your own during a bunker sale.

 

edit: yes the mines are available without doing the research, also on the Khanjali, I modified both this evening at my facility.

 

Success! Muahahahaha!!!!

tumblr_mvjp7cgmcV1rd5rz4o1_r1_500.gif

Edited by kcole4001

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taterman
7 hours ago, Spectre "2K" said:

iirc mines are glitched, and you can buy them for any weaponized vehicle even if they aren't researched (at least it worked that way for me) 

 

i think doomsday broke it 

 

I friend of mine was able to get homing missiles for the MK2 before even buying a bunker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CanadianMuscle

Ever done the "Jailbreak" MC Contract driving a slow bus with 6 players on your ass? Ever got it stuck while desperately trying to fend off your enemies?

 

The Up-N-Atomizer is the most useful weapon I've ever used in this game...it literally saved my ass in countless situations, especially the latter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Shark
7 hours ago, kcole4001 said:

Well, after a bit of experimentation, it does indeed work:

 

NLfu47_takKwfwlxQ0RWaA_0_0.jpg

 

You have to pre select the Atomizer in your weapon wheel while on foot, then enter via the passenger side of the buggy.

The weapon wheel doesn't record via the in game recorder, but when you enter the driver side, you get the normal drive by weapon wheel and reticules.

When you first select the atomizer, enter on the passenger's side, when you access the weapon wheel, all that appears is the Atomizer, and it's greyed out.

However, this video proves it's usable in the vehicle while driving.

I first shot the vehicle using the Atomizer, also got it stuck first then shot it, but after repeatedly exiting and entering the vehicle, I don't think that shooting the buggy has any bearing on availability of the weapon.

 

Note that I did NOT add the extra armor plates as I suspect that they may block shooting angles or even weapon availability while in the vehicle, and I didn't want to over complicate the criteria for the test.

The bunker sale vehicle doesn't have these extra plates, so best keep it the way it will be available in the mission, since that's where most people will encounter this vehicle.

I've been looking for a reason to buy this thing and for it to redeem itself, and this is it!

It's a very handy combination, the buggy is actually pretty decent when upgraded (MOC or Avenger vehicle workshop), though of course you won't get to use your own during a bunker sale.

 

edit: yes the mines are available without doing the research, also on the Khanjali, I modified both this evening at my facility.

 

Success! Muahahahaha!!!!

tumblr_mvjp7cgmcV1rd5rz4o1_r1_500.gif

Ooo you little star!!! Brilliant work! I'll be doing this later bwuhahahahaha!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent 14
Posted (edited)

The mark 2 missiles has nothing to do with research. All you have to buy is a terrorbyte plus work station. However the mark 1 is the one that needed reaearch in order to carry missile. @Taterman

Edited by Agent 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hei3enberg
1 hour ago, Agent 14 said:

The mark 2 missiles has nothing to do with research. All you have to buy is a terrorbyte plus work station. However the mark 1 is the one that needed reaearch in order to carry missile.

What, that's true? It's not that I don't trust you, it's the logic somehow escapes me. Why on earth don't we need to unlock Mk 2 missiles? Like what the actual hell, missiles were essential in research and people have spent millions to unlock them for Mk 1 while there's no need for that at all with Mk 2?! Wow, no wonder there are kids everywhere flying these broomsticks shooting everything that moves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pedinhuh
33 minutes ago, hei3enberg said:

What, that's true? It's not that I don't trust you, it's the logic somehow escapes me. Why on earth don't we need to unlock Mk 2 missiles? Like what the actual hell, missiles were essential in research and people have spent millions to unlock them for Mk 1 while there's no need for that at all with Mk 2?! Wow, no wonder there are kids everywhere flying these broomsticks shooting everything that moves.

Because R* can't revisit old content for sh*t, also research sucks major donkey balls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001

Yeah, I think they realized how much everyone hated the research crap.

It's not a totally unreasonable concept, but the implementation and especially the liveries were absolutely a terrible idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natsuki
9 minutes ago, kcole4001 said:

Yeah, I think they realized how much everyone hated the research crap.

It's not a totally unreasonable concept, but the implementation and especially the liveries were absolutely a terrible idea.

I'd take research over AP any day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001
Just now, Natsuki said:

I'd take research over AP any day.

I don't play PvP, but totally agree.

Research would be OK if done right.  It most certainly was NOT done right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gdiddywilson
2 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

Because R* can't revisit old content for sh*t, also research sucks major donkey balls.

Major Donkey himself...

9lrBOuf.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Shark
1 hour ago, kcole4001 said:

Yeah, I think they realized how much everyone hated the research crap.

It's not a totally unreasonable concept, but the implementation and especially the liveries were absolutely a terrible idea.

Yes I actually liked the research idea. It was cool seeing my staff in lab coats perceivably working on new designs. But as mentioned, the implementation was absolutely awful. Liveries should NOT be included as research, and also once researched, you shouldn't have to pay for the things researched. It makes no sense.

 

It's a shame researched was done so poorly as now a large part of my bunker is now defunct. Oh so typical or R*...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent 14
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, hei3enberg said:

What, that's true? It's not that I don't trust you, it's the logic somehow escapes me. Why on earth don't we need to unlock Mk 2 missiles? Like what the actual hell, missiles were essential in research and people have spent millions to unlock them for Mk 1 while there's no need for that at all with Mk 2?! Wow, no wonder there are kids everywhere flying these broomsticks shooting everything that moves.

Yeah that's true. That's the reason everyone and their grandma own those pesky annoying little sh*t of a bike. Because it requires no research to unlock missiles while the outdated version requires you to shell out cash to get them. Rockstar logic.

 

 

And speaking of research. Research is sh*t because half of the sh*t you get is liveries and camos that no one will ever use lol the best way to fix it it's to allow the player to choose what they wanna research. Instead of making research RNG based.

 

 

20 minutes ago, White Shark said:

Yes I actually liked the research idea. It was cool seeing my staff in lab coats perceivably working on new designs. But as mentioned, the implementation was absolutely awful. Liveries should NOT be included as research, and also once researched, you shouldn't have to pay for the things researched. It makes no sense.

 

It's a shame researched was done so poorly as now a large part of my bunker is now defunct. Oh so typical or R*...

And you still have to pay those guys in lab coats for doing nothing 😠

Edited by Agent 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CanadianMuscle
2 hours ago, kcole4001 said:

Yeah, I think they realized how much everyone hated the research crap.

It's not a totally unreasonable concept, but the implementation and especially the liveries were absolutely a terrible idea.

Ah, yes. Weapons and other modifications are reasonable, but having liveries at the bottom of the list was a bad move on Rockstar's part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taterman
7 hours ago, Agent 14 said:

The mark 2 missiles has nothing to do with research. All you have to buy is a terrorbyte plus work station. However the mark 1 is the one that needed reaearch in order to carry missile. @Taterman

Ahh, thanks. I was really wondering when he said he had a MK2 with missiles but no bunker yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent 14
8 minutes ago, Taterman said:

Ahh, thanks. I was really wondering when he said he had a MK2 with missiles but no bunker yet.

No problem is an honest mistake since the first one needed research. Is easy to mistake it by accident and place it in the same category as the first one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001

After further experimentation (and another bunker buggy mission) I can confirm again that the Atomizer works as a drive by weapon in the Dune FAV.

 

You do not have to shoot the vehicle, you do have to select the Atomizer before entering the vehicle, and then only enter from the passenger side.

The Weapon wheel will be grayed out and you will be able to use the Atomizer instead of normal weapons (no other weapons will be available for selection while in the vehicle).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001

I managed to wedge a destroyed cop car into the bank during Robbery in Progress:

 

19C24A60B183C24C5DA96F55FE2BF997C6510D34

 

So of course, Up N Atomizer to the rescue!

I had to blast the car a few times to get just the right angle so I could climb over it and into the bank, but it really saved the day.

 

It truly is one of the best additions to the game despite being foolish futuristic nonsense.  🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
computertech82

I somehow got one online character to have it, but zero clue how he got it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001
30 minutes ago, computertech82 said:

I somehow got one online character to have it, but zero clue how he got it. 

It was free if you logged in on Christmas Day.

I actually bought it for my other character, it's well worth the $400,000 to get delivery vehicles unstuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carlin_Stanhope

I like using it when playing the Pacific standard finale. Still gets some funny reactions when you enter the bank and vault yourself over the fence before the demo burns through the first lock.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hei3enberg
On 4/18/2019 at 3:20 AM, kcole4001 said:

I had to blast the car a few times to get just the right angle so I could climb over it and into the bank, but it really saved the day.

Next time keep in mind that getting some distance will despawn the car too, if there's no luck with the Atomizer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.