2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
White Shark

Up-N-Atomizer Appreciation Thread

White Shark

Holy hell this thing is FUN!  So much so that I think it deserves its own thread.

At first I wanted to unlock it, just because it's a free and unique weapon.  Then, when I learned it has infinite ammo, even better!  A fun weapon that doesn't cost anything to keep using it.  But when I got to actually use it, I was very impressed!

The range on this thing is pretty big, considering I thought it was just going to be a close range gimmicky weapon.  It's very powerful - not necessarily in a lethal sense, but in that it can easily flip cars, and instantly disrupt a group of bad guys.  I used it on one of the dispatch missions where you have to go through the building at the junk yard, and it's great!  Moving from corridor to corridor, blast-waving enemies, sending them slamming into walls or ceilings is so thrilling.  Plus, they don't even get a shot off, because the blast can hit them without direct impacts, and the effect also can stun nearby enemies.  I loved one bit where I blasted an enemy, and the pulse shattered all the windows in the room - great effect!  

As I moved about blasting enemies away, wearing my new Arena War Space Traveller outfit (black), I felt like some super advanced alien being, causing havoc to the puny earthlings muhaha.  Couple that with my MKII just adds to the effect.

I tested it on a group of randoms who were all fighting each other (pink and red blips) and it was hilarious!  I was on a roof, and just kept blasting them, causing them to fly about, flip any cars they tried to get in as they ran around in panic and flipped over a large camper van two had sought refuge in haha.

Great great fun!  Sure, it's not GTA-like at all, but then this game hasn't been like GTA for a long time, so just go with it.  This gun certainly has added a lot of playability to the game again, much more than Arena War has done!

Some useful tips (will add more as I discover them):

• It can break open doors that are locked by blasting them (e.g. the cell door in the Dispatch mission)
  • It can destroy a helicopter's rear rotor with two direct blasts
  • It can destroy a helicopter's main rotor but takes several shots aimed at it
  • Holding down the trigger will continue to fire off shots each time it's charged (nothing that major)
  • Destroys explosive items like barrels, petrol (gas) station pumps in one shot
  • Can be used to blow up either yours or enemies sticky bombs in one blast (even splash damage can trigger them)
  • Blasting vehicles side on is the best way to flip them
  • Flipped cars' engines have a tendency (sometimes) to catch fire almost immediately (NPC cars)
  • Useful at dislodging enemies hiding behind cover
  • Useful at dislodging / flipping your own vehicles when stuck without causing too much damage
  • Metal railings or fence in your way?  A single blast blows them away
  • It can flip and move the large cargo containers you find down at docks
  • When fired into water, the laser bolt still 'detonates' under the water
  • Firing it at a gas cloud blows it away, but only very briefly
  • Destroys the explosive crates in one shot on the Gunrunning source mission, saving on explosives.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a human race to enslave!

Edited by White Shark

555-We-Tip

Been trying to get it, only got a sweater but looking forward to having it soon when it's released to the masses. Sounds like a great time.

White Shark
13 minutes ago, 555-We-Tip said:

Been trying to get it, only got a sweater but looking forward to having it soon when it's released to the masses. Sounds like a great time.

It's brilliant!  And surprisingly tactical too.  Bunch of enemies in the next room?  Blast off a quick shot and send them flying.  Like a stun grenade almost!

I'm looking forward to hopefully changing the weapon tint of it, as I'm not fond of the festive look.  Would like to have it in black or gray. 

hei3enberg

It's indeed a fun weapon, despite the fact that a lot of people would argue that there's no place for this thing in GTA. Honestly, it's the most fun thing of this update for me these days, I'm battling with my mates using it, trying to survive cops, sending myself flying, etc. It's a strong gun so be careful with your friends, you may start a hot duel occasionally. It's a goofy thing, but with some republican space ranger outfit it's a match. 

I've got mine from Simeon BB and immediately quit others BB to allow crew members to have a shot at it. 

White Shark
8 minutes ago, hei3enberg said:

It's indeed a fun weapon, despite the fact that a lot of people would argue that there's no place for this thing in GTA. Honestly, it's the most fun thing of this update for me these days, I'm battling with my mates using it, trying to survive cops, sending myself flying, etc. It's a strong gun so be careful with your friends, you may start a hot duel occasionally. It's a goofy thing, but with some republican space ranger outfit it's a match. 

I've got mine from Simeon BB and immediately quit others BB to allow crew members to have a shot at it. 

Yep same here!  Most fun thing I've used since the MKII.  

I got mine from collecting a yellow Issi (Mr Bean car replica) from a garage car park.    

lennymuhboi

Do we know if you can keep it?

White Shark
3 minutes ago, lennymuhboi said:

Do we know if you can keep it?

Yes you keep it.  Apparently, the Atomizer is going to be released for everyone to have anyway.  This early release is just for the festive tint on it.

xDONALDxTRUMPx1

I got it without doing anything. Can someone explain how this happened?

AllienEgg

Now, all we need is

11 minutes ago, xDONALDxTRUMPx1 said:

I got it without doing anything. Can someone explain how this happened?

Cheaters

Edited by AllienEgg

CrysisAverted

all I got was a lousy sweater 

Shadowfennekin

I love the gun

Although I'm still quite pissed we got all this weird weaponry sh*t before the Rail Gun....

It's great fun!

It'd take more guns like these over lazy sh*t like MK II weaponry any day, a new gun is a new gun.... I'll take it!

Amy Vinewood

Posted this in general chat, but I think it belongs in here in it's appreciation thread

It's great weapon to use when you're fighting someone that immediately drops a sticky bomb at their feet every time.

Shooting them explodes the sticky nearby, giving you a kill. No "easy way out" now for tryhards after a blast from the Up-N-Atomizer

giphy.gif

Edited by Amy Vinewood

Shadowfennekin
13 minutes ago, Amy Vinewood said:

Posted this in general chat, but I think it belongs in here in it's appreciation thread

It's great weapon to use when you're fighting someone that immediately drops a sticky bomb at their feet every time.

Shooting them explodes the sticky nearby, giving you a kill. No "easy way out" now now for tryhards after a blast from the Up-N-Atomizer

Hahahaha really? That's awesome! 😂

I haven't really experienced any tryhards since I came back to Los Santos, guessing the ones on Xbox f*cked off to Fortnite or COD

WildBrick142

I love this gun. It's over-the-top and has no place in a game like GTA, but it is a very welcome and fun addition. Probably one of the most fun things added in a while. Delivery and personal vehicles getting stuck are now a problem of the past with this gun - never have to worry about those again. Don't like a lamp post? You can blow it away with this. The lines and curves of a car are triggering you? Just reshape it with the gun, and pray it doesn't blow up. It's not just fun, but useful. I remember the days when people were desperate for a Stun Gun, and instead we got this amazing thing that makes you think why bother with a Stun Gun anymore.

To add on to the above posts, not only it sets off sticky bombs, but also prevents you from accessing the interaction menu once you're blasted with it - so no EWO the classic way or passive mode either. You're literally at the mercy of the gun owner.

You can also fire it while you're ragdolling! What I like to do is, at full health, fire this at my feet and try to kill myself while I'm being thrown around the place. And, if you're lucky, you happen to have an Up-n-Atomizer duel, you never know when you might fire back at the person that shot you with it. It's hilarious.

I spent hours f*cking around with this gun with friends while waiting for the Business Battles to spawn something other than a Blue Slain Sweater, or doing various other shenanigans. It's this kinda weapon you just pull out to cause chaos and mild destruction, and end up having a fun party with.

oUpgKoT.gif

mysteriousamg

I love it. I use it mainly to deter cars about to run me over. Works like a charm. Most of the people ive shot with it send me a lmao message or i hear them on the chat going batsh*t crazy.

gtafan26

I'm not ashamed to admit this, I giggle like a f**king school girl every time I rag doll another player/NPC/vehicle all over the place.

Edited by gtafan26

CrysisAverted

R* takes away the ability for our character to rag-doll online

5 years later introduces a gun that shoots physics

we finally did it boys 😭

4ward

And pvp destruction continues.

FuturePastNow

I love it. It really doesn't feel overpowered, since the damage it does to vehicles is negligible and isn't the best weapon against people, either. It's just fun. And quite useful, even, if you get a vehicle stuck- I high-centered a Marshall on a guardrail and the Atomizer easily dislodged it.

whywontyoulisten
6 hours ago, WildBrick142 said:

I love this gun. It's over-the-top and has no place in a game like GTA, but it is a very welcome and fun addition.

Dumb and fun has every place in GTA, far more than weaponised meme griefer vehicles and grinding for peanuts.

EkaSwede

I do hope it gets released to everyone, because I'm not sure if I could bother with the Event Cargo as I tend to have bad luck with RNG.

alkaline_

flappy love it! i had some fun moments with it, i managed to knock off a troublehead off his depressor mkII bike hihihi it, shot random fluffy people in cars passing by, some returned to me as they enjoyed getting flipped around. also, managed to shoot somebody off the roof of a building, fluffy @No Homing have seen it hihihi also i like it to use against wiggly warriors gnihihi great addition for sure!! 

Taterman
13 minutes ago, alkaline_ said:

flappy love it! i had some fun moments with it, i managed to knock off a troublehead off his depressor mkII bike hihihi it, shot random fluffy people in cars passing by, some returned to me as they enjoyed getting flipped around. also, managed to shoot somebody off the roof of a building, fluffy @No Homing have seen it hihihi also i like it to use against wiggly warriors gnihihi great addition for sure!! 

I've always wondered, what does hihihi mean?

1 hour ago, FuturePastNow said:

I love it. It really doesn't feel overpowered, since the damage it does to vehicles is negligible and isn't the best weapon against people, either. It's just fun. And quite useful, even, if you get a vehicle stuck- I high-centered a Marshall on a guardrail and the Atomizer easily dislodged it.

LOL, I high-centered one on a guardrail tonight too. It was during a bunker sale.

14 minutes ago, EkaSwede said:

I do hope it gets released to everyone, because I'm not sure if I could bother with the Event Cargo as I tend to have bad luck with RNG.

Me too. I have no chance in public lobbies.

alkaline_
4 minutes ago, Taterman said:

I've always wondered, what does hihihi mean?

the fluffy noise you hear:

hihihi

White Shark
1 hour ago, alkaline_ said:

I knew you would love it, especially as you can make everyone go flippy and flappy all over the flapping place!!!

Gridl0k

Posted already, but Atomizer + Tombstone + 5 kinetic mines = 

4DCu9he.gif

Edited by Gridl0k

CrysisAverted

theoretically, If I felt cheated that I delivered several cargo and got nothing

if I contact R* based on missing progress would they give me something?

if I contact R* saying my atomizer vanished would they give me one?

Lonely-Martin

Does look like a laugh, lol. Hopefully I'll get mine today/tonight, though it'll come soon either way.

Do agree it's a daft addition to GTA really, but that ship long since sailed so we gotta have what fun we can get. Nice to see some positive stuff instead of the usual crap or the haters saying the game is dead. :)

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Spelling.

No Homing
2 hours ago, alkaline_ said:

Hahah yes I saw that was awesome and funny 😛 I also shot an Executive Search Target off a rooftop 😛

RyuNova
4 hours ago, FuturePastNow said:

Are you serious? Its an unlimited ammo stun-gun basically. It take three shots at most to kill people, less from close range and you can infinitely stun lock people.