3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Is DYOM Dead?

Firstly im sorry for my grammar if I didn't write properly.

Hello guys , i was created 1-2 story in DYOM like 5 years ago. And i saw DYOM again at youtube last week. And i realized i miss DYOM so i wanna come back.

But before i start my projects , i want to know DYOM is dead or not. This will determine how much i will care about my projects. And it will take a bit more time to show my projects because im preparing to exams for University. So i will take a look at my free times.

• excuseme 1
37 minutes ago, Seth said:

No, it's not dead, and welcome again to DYOM Community, it's better than ever.

Oh okay. I will start to design ASAP 🙂

In Poland is dead. The famous YouTuber that recorded DYOM [he was popular like Azn-kei getting from 500-1k views to a video] stopped recording it - and went to NFS:SA Multiplayer. DYOM is kind of forgotten in Poland, so i don't create so much content aswell :(

20 hours ago, Mikolajek451 said:

In Poland is dead. The famous YouTuber that recorded DYOM [he was popular like Azn-kei getting from 500-1k views to a video] stopped recording it - and went to NFS:SA Multiplayer. DYOM is kind of forgotten in Poland, so i don't create so much content aswell :(

Thats bad dude... I just like creating and designing thats why i love DYOM. I don't want to show my projects to hundreds. So i don't gonna make videos about my missions. ( At least for now )

But i just wanna know if someone left in this forum so we can play each other's stories and talk about it.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Kinda, maybe if LDYOM releases, then.. maybe.. This website activity is kind of dead, according to MOTW entries - sometimes same people over and over again entering the competition

Edited by Guest
22 hours ago, Mikolajek451 said:

Kinda, maybe if LDYOM releases, then.. maybe.. This website activity is kind of dead, according to MOTW entries - sometimes same people over and over again entering the competition

LDYOM won't revive it, it will still be like this after days later.

On 12/23/2018 at 2:01 PM, Arcanos said:

Thats bad dude... I just like creating and designing thats why i love DYOM. I don't want to show my projects to hundreds. So i don't gonna make videos about my missions. ( At least for now )

But i just wanna know if someone left in this forum so we can play each other's stories and talk about it.

me bro, i am here

• 6 months later...

This didn't age well, did it?

I mean, there are still people out there loyal to the DYOM community, but it's way too small. I just recently got into the DYOM community and the DYOM is a great mod IMO. It doesn't deserve to be dead.

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 7:49 AM, Thunder0515 said:

This didn't age well, did it?

I mean, there are still people out there loyal to the DYOM community, but it's way too small. I just recently got into the DYOM community and the DYOM is a great mod IMO. It doesn't deserve to be dead.

I know right, DYOM is a wholesome timeless mod but it didn't get enough updates

creating and working on DYOM is a waste of time bro, community is like 500 dudes LOL XD 

it has no future and no point of making mission packs as i said waste of time

whoever wasting time and working on big mission packs for this mod is either, he has only GTA san andreas on his entire PC or his PC is sh*t and can't run better games that deserve to waste time on like Quake 3 level editor for example, endless future for it as well it goess for Doom engine as well and many more

i admit that there are some people do make missions for DYOM but they do it for fun and it might be two or three times and maybe they did it for having fun 

trust me bruh wasting a whole day on a DYOM mission is not worth unless you ain't got other games or things to care about, GTA 5 has a mod like DYOM called mission maker and it is a massive banger for both online and offline

On 6/24/2020 at 4:26 PM, Galeb said:

DYOM died cuz of toxic and childish community (for the most part)

oh yeah those indians and pakistanians who ain't got any other games on their PC but GTA san andreas and they probably run it on 800x600 resolution because they still living with their moms and can't bother to work and buy better PC and have a life, i know them bro, they are all over the discord server of DYOM 

On 6/19/2020 at 2:10 PM, Guest said:

LOL yeah, those people were born to play GTA san andreas only lol, probably this is the only game they got on their PC, HELL probably this is the best thing in their life XD XD

4 hours ago, TenAte108 said:

creating and working on DYOM is a waste of time bro, community is like 500 dudes LOL XD 

it has no future and no point of making mission packs as i said waste of time

What you said here was the ignorant thing I've ever heard. Just because the DYOM community is very small doesn't mean that DYOM Designers shouldn't put effort in their Mission Packs. The reason these people are here is because they treat DYOM as a hobby, just like me.

4 hours ago, TenAte108 said:

whoever wasting time and working on big mission packs for this mod is either, he has only GTA san andreas on his entire PC or his PC is sh*t and can't run better games that deserve to waste time on like Quake 3 level editor for example

I have a huge Steam library in my PC, and yet I can still appreciate older games, something you clearly can't do. GTA San Andreas is old and outdated yes, but I had more fun playing this old game than I had playing GTA 5.

5 hours ago, TenAte108 said:

oh yeah those indians and pakistanians who ain't got any other games on their PC but GTA san andreas and they probably run it on 800x600 resolution because they still living with their moms and can't bother to work and buy better PC and have a life, i know them bro, they are all over the discord server of DYOM 

Again, you're being extremely ignorant and disrespectful. It's easy for you to have a good Gaming PC when you're living in a good country like the USA, while other people like me who come from third world countries like Brazil, India and Pakistan have to use weaker PCs.

5 hours ago, TenAte108 said:

LOL yeah, those people were born to play GTA san andreas only lol, probably this is the only game they got on their PC, HELL probably this is the best thing in their life XD XD

Stop assuming that people only use DYOM because they got no other games to play other than San Andreas. There are people here that have a passion in making DYOM projects, including myself.

6 hours ago, TenAte108 said:

That's a kinda toxic thing to say don't you think? 😐

• Like 2

I have never seen TenAte08 outside of this thread before, and judging by their tone and comments, they strike me as a troll with no other intent than to goad. Regardless of whether this the case or not, such opinions are the opposite what this community embodies. We welcome talent and creativity from all over the world, and singling out Indian and Pakistani designers is plainly bigoted. I personally think its best to not engage with someone who obviously wants to argue in bad faith. 

And for the millionth time, DYOM is not dead.

• Like 2
  • excuseme 1
33 minutes ago, Target13 said:

personally think its best to not engage with someone who obviously wants to argue in bad faith. 

Yep, couldn't agree more! 

On 2/3/2021 at 5:42 PM, TenAte108 said:

Seriously asshole, your attitude shows how much you love to swallow the balls of Pakistanis isn't that right ?!  

Edited by Huzaifa khan