2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

MostlyPonies

The Worst of Rockstar Logic: RDO

MostlyPonies

=== Examples ===

Murder innocent women: Perfectly fine.

Stab a lawman to death: Dishonorable.

Wear a black leather coat in the desert: You don't feel hot.

Stand next to a fireplace in a log cabin in the mountains: You're freezing.

Stupidis

Up at the glacier far north.  -14 degrees celsius (6.8 F). It's raining...

IamCourtney

Put a bullet into every bird and beast in my vicinity and leave most of them rotting in the sun after plucking a few feathers and skins: Honourable, resourceful 

Shoot one horse whose rider is charging me guns blazing looking to end my life: Slaughter, dishonour

DentureDynamite

Selects "Ambarino" as spawn location.

Game spawns me in West Elizabeth.

Finally spawn into Ambarino, a short distance off a nearby path.

Whistles for horse.

"Your horse is unable to find you. Try moving to another location and try again."

Moves 10 feet closer to path, and whistles.

Horse "suddenly finds me".

Edited by DentureDynamite

Van_Hellsing

Shoot a bird: wanted level for disturbing the peace. 

Shoot and kill bandits in an ambush: wanted for murder. Out of thin air lawmen spawn everywhere who join the bandits. 

Select a gun: you cycle the action. Put away the gun. Select the same gun again, the gun has the regular ammo and you have to cycle the action again. 

Shoot and kill a griefer during a mission. Griefer is spawning near to you so the griefer can start again. You shoot the griefer again. The griefer is spawning near to you so the griefer can start again. 

200w.gif

Edited by Van_Hellsing

Spend a buncha $$$$ on an A-frame tent that you can't enter then include an option to buy Cripps new clothes.

Get $10 after spending 5 min hunting a buck, get $8 for an hour hunting a 3 star bear

Spend more $$$$ on a lock breaker so you  can break into boxes and retrieve biscuits and sage.

ALifeOfMisery
On 12/22/2018 at 8:41 AM, MostlyPonies said:

This is so f*cking stupid. If you hit down on the d-pad the game actually accounts for you being inside and displays something like 15°C.

2 hours ago, DentureDynamite said:

Selects "Ambarino" as spawn location.

Game spawns me in West Elizabeth.

Kind of glad it's not just me spawning anywhere but the location I've selected.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

MostlyPonies
1 hour ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

This is so f*cking stupid. If you hit down on the d-pad the game actually accounts for you being inside and displays something like 15°C.

Then why am I still freezing.

ALifeOfMisery
1 hour ago, MostlyPonies said:

Then why am I still freezing.

Sorry, I think I worded my post badly, I was agreeing with you.

When you go up to Adler's Ranch it will be something like -14°C outside and R* actually put enough thought into the temperature that once you go inside the game accounts for you being indoors with a fire burning and will register something like 15°C. But, having put enough thought into it to account for different temperatures outside and inside it's mind-blowing that R* overlooked preventing the outside temperature still affecting our health core negatively.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

MidnightRun
On 12/22/2018 at 12:41 AM, MostlyPonies said:

=== Examples ===

Murder innocent women: Perfectly fine.

Stab a lawman to death: Dishonorable.

Wear a black leather coat in the desert: You don't feel hot.

Don't forget jumping in an icy pool of water in the mountains swimming as if you're free f*cking willy and aren't effected by hypothermia. 

MacNinbar

You can stow 600 pieces (10 pieces x (plain + thyme + oregano + mint) x 15 categories) of cooked meat in your satchel but there's no place in it for an eleventh feather of a bird.

fryday
2 hours ago, MacNinbar said:

You can stow 600 pieces (10 pieces x (plain + thyme + oregano + mint) x 15 categories) of cooked meat in your satchel but there's no place in it for an eleventh feather of a bird.

hmm thats a critic, you could use on every game. every inventory mechanic nedds rules and limits. 

Stupidis
2 hours ago, MacNinbar said:

29 minutes ago, fryday said:

hmm thats a critic, you could use on every game. every inventory mechanic nedds rules and limits. 

"No one hiding in the back with a cell phone, a carton of cigarettes, a pint of pruno up his ass? Amazing what they can fit up there. The lifers especially. You know those game you play, where someone gets out a rocket launcher, and people go, "Where was he keeping that? It's so unrealistic""? 

:D

Van_Hellsing

I bought a female Turkoman horse. Everytime I log in., the Turkoman is male. I have to go to the stables to cut off the dangling Christmas balls. 

Pay $700 for a fast travel post upgrade for the camp. You still have to pay full price for travelling to and from the camp. 

ghostsoap01
3 hours ago, Stupidis said:

"No one hiding in the back with a cell phone, a carton of cigarettes, a pint of pruno up his ass? Amazing what they can fit up there. The lifers especially. You know those game you play, where someone gets out a rocket launcher, and people go, "Where was he keeping that? It's so unrealistic""? 

That must be the case, because in classic San Andreas (and really every gta game) fashion, we are materializing things out of thin air. No satchel is visible, so let me just become David Blaine as I pull this coffee mug out of thin air.

DentureDynamite
4 hours ago, Stupidis said:

One of the games that actually gets this right is Escape from Tarkov.

Its looting and storage system is plausible--objects have weight and take up certain amounts of space, so it works quite well.

But I doubt Rockstar would even think of going that direction.

DentureDynamite

Gang members in hideouts fight fiercely to the death.

Their uh, 'fearless' and ruthless leader cowering in a corner. Thoughtfully waiting for you to decide his fate, while you methodically loot his dead friends.

You step inside his room, and hear him say: "You should be skinned alive for what you did to us. But... please, save my life!"

More disgusted with the dimwit Rockstar dev who "designed" gang hideout systems and their dialogue, you kill the leader... 'earning' dishonor for it.

It's honorable to kill criminal gang members, but not their criminal leader.

181148-triple_facepalm_super.jpg

Pressure Drop

This video, lol...

Boozey St John

Rockstar:

"Let's allow your players to have a camera. And instead of shows, they can also take a portrait for 5 bucks!" 

GTP_Monkey

Eat apples, celery and fruit, grow obese 

MostlyPonies
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Boozey St John said:

Rockstar:

"Let's allow your players to have a camera. And instead of shows, they can also take a portrait for 5 bucks!" 

The portrait studio makes even less sense in storymode, because the wildlife photographer could shoot some photos of you for free, with real landscapes in the background.

Edited by MostlyPonies
typo

MostlyPonies

The camp system. You're camping out because you're an outlaw. Story-wise at least. Powerful people in Blackwater had Jessica LeClerk's husband killed. They have the law in their pockets, so when you were accused of the murder, the evidence of your innocence was ignored and you were sent to prison. This is also why Jessica couldn't just hire a lawyer and testify for you, and why she or you can't do so right now. Jessica's vowed to kill them all eventually. That's why Cripps is with you, for when Jessica needs to contact you again.

Okay fair enough, but then why is camping the only option? Why can't you rent a room in town? There are hotels with multiple rooms in them all going to waste. Why can't you use one of the many abandoned cabins in the wilderness as a hideout? Between having a hideout and staying in hotel rooms, you wouldn't need a camp.

wehweh01
1 minute ago, MostlyPonies said:

The camp system. You're camping out because you're an outlaw. Story-wise at least. Powerful people in Blackwater had Jessica LeClerk's husband killed. They have the law in their pockets, so when you were accused of the murder, the evidence of your innocence was ignored and you were sent to prison. This is also why Jessica couldn't just hire a lawyer and testify for you, and why she or you can't do so right now. Jessica's vowed to kill them all eventually. That's why Cripps is with you, for when Jessica needs to contact you again.

Okay fair enough, but then why is camping the only option? Why can't you rent a room in town? There are hotels with multiple rooms in them all going to waste. Why can't you use one of the many abandoned cabins in the wilderness as a hideout? Between having a hideout and staying in hotel rooms, you wouldn't need a camp.

B-but the camp has unlimited beer and a barrel of water. Everything a cowpoke needs.

Assblaster
12 minutes ago, MostlyPonies said:

The camp system. You're camping out because you're an outlaw. Story-wise at least.

The whole camp thing, especially having to pay for it, is utterly stupid. First of all, everyone camped back then, not just outlaws. Lawmen camped when they delivered prisoners or went after bad guys. Cowboys camped when they went on cattle-drives. People going from one town to another camped, to rest themselves and the horses. Everybody camped, because horses were slow and it took a day or more, oft-times, to get from one place to another. But they never had to pay for it lmao. You gather wood, get a fire going, took care of the horses, threw a blanket down, pitched a tent if you had one, and that's it. There was no magical toll collector that went around charging for camps.

You're absolutely right though, we should be allowed to rest in abandoned cabins or rent rooms in towns. Charge us for hotel rooms, that's fine, but it should be a thing. 

Baths too. We should be able to pay 50 cents to wash the mud off after we brawl in the streets. Instead, we magically get a bath every time we switch clothes on the horse. Ok then.

R* is always looking for money sinks to wash away some of our cash, how did they not think of hotel rooms & baths when they're right there in SP? Instead they get some old guy to take our money for setting up a camp we could easily set up our own damn selves. Yeah, R* ill-logic.

Boozey St John
11 hours ago, MostlyPonies said:

The portrait studio makes even less sense in storymode, because the wildlife photographer could shoot some photos of you for free, with real landscapes in the background.

Absolutely. I don't see a reason for the portrait studio at all. It's only used for one mission in SM and it was out used for half the mission, if that. 

Personally, I don't understand it but that's R* Logic for ya.

SuperJude™

Bump into a civilian in Saint Denis? Cops everywhere.

Shoot every farm animal in sight? Happy hunting!

MostlyPonies

I threw a dead body at a cop in Saint Dennis. No reaction. Lasso my friend off his horse, hogtie him, and throw him at the cop? Still no reaction. Aim my gun at the cop's back? Wanted! He reacts to something he can't see but not to all the crazy sh*t you do in front of him. Rockstar logic.

hugh750

when npcs attack you and you defend yourself you get wanted for assault.

i've had it happen in single player and i think online as well.

you gotta love the broken wanted system.

hugh750

there's poker tables in some of the saloons but you can't play poker in online??

Coleco
On 3/14/2019 at 10:03 AM, MostlyPonies said:

I threw a dead body at a cop in Saint Dennis.

Thug life :lol: