2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Moose_Cdn

Why can't I put a camp site locally like SP?

Moose_Cdn

Pls we need  to rest as well, please allow putting camp sites like SP, like where I'm standing pls.

ThaBirdCoot

What I don't understand is why it is still selectable in the item wheel. But I can see why perhaps they chose not to make it identical to SP. It would probably be causing major glitches or bugs if any guy could basically just set camp where he stood. Imagine 5 or 6 players setting up their campsite next to each other performance and stability of online play would suffer greatly.

Van_Hellsing

You can find campfires all over the map. At farms, homesteads, bandit camps, you name it. You can use these to cook some meat and craft items. 

SaturdayNight
On 12/22/2018 at 11:47 AM, Sauce béarnaise said:

What I don't understand is why it is still selectable in the item wheel. But I can see why perhaps they chose not to make it identical to SP. It would probably be causing major glitches or bugs if any guy could basically just set camp where he stood. Imagine 5 or 6 players setting up their campsite next to each other performance and stability of online play would suffer greatly.

Easy work around would be to not allow that.  And the map is more than large enough to accommodate such a request on 32 different players. I think a restriction would be you cant have 32 large camps because large camps support 7 players each. Sleeping should have benefits too. I would personally like sleeping to refill all cores but you change servers to one that is the time of day you wake at. Posse leader can decide if this posse sleeps or not or have a vote. 

BearChow

I like the idea how its set up now with camps, it's just it should not cost you that much to move your camp.  We should be able to set up temp camp like in sp so we can just rest quickly and move on.  For me visiting camp is really rare due to high amount of travel in between or even cost to move it. Temp camp be nice.

SaturdayNight
On 12/28/2018 at 6:19 AM, BearChow said:

I like the idea how its set up now with camps, it's just it should not cost you that much to move your camp.  We should be able to set up temp camp like in sp so we can just rest quickly and move on.  For me visiting camp is really rare due to high amount of travel in between or even cost to move it. Temp camp be nice.

Its almost as if they are discouraging you to go there or they want to encourage you to travel to get there. Either way its manufactured adventuring and not natural.  

The camp should be exactly like the single player version and not any less. Also it should not have been a money sinking machine that has a fast travel function at a certain rank. It should be customizable to the style and liking to your character. It should let you rest and actually accommodate and encourage friendly interaction between players of a posse. Also it should be hidden on the map and if discovered becomes visible on the map hinting you should move locations. And f*ck cripps.

4eyedcoupe
9 hours ago, SaturdayNight said:

And f*ck cripps.

This.  I hate that grubby looking bitch being in charge of my camp.  He is completely incompetent....I tell him to put my camp in Gaptooth Ridge, he puts it in Scarlet Meadows.  I tell him to put it in Scarlet Meadows, he puts it Gaptooth Ridge.  What an asshat 

Cutter De Blanc

Because you can get out of the map via one of the campsites

rusbeckia
On 12/31/2018 at 10:04 PM, Cutter De Blanc said:

Because you can get out of the map via one of the campsites

I don‘t get it. What do you mean?

LeopardLove27

I hope we see more development with the camps ... they are useless

ALifeOfMisery
On 12/30/2018 at 3:21 PM, SaturdayNight said:

And f*ck cripps.

Always worth a 👍 from me.

ViceCityVin
On 12/22/2018 at 11:47 AM, ThaBirdCoot said:

But I can see why perhaps they chose not to make it identical to SP. It would probably be causing major glitches or bugs if any guy could basically just set camp where he stood. Imagine 5 or 6 players setting up their campsite next to each other

No kidding. I agree that they probably didn't do this for logistical reasons. It may be annoying, but the bugs would be much worse.

kiki31

more than large enough to accommodate such a request on 32 different players. I think a restriction would be you c

Xender Discord Omegle

Spicy_Biscuits

I was wondering the same thing. I’m one of those people who values the Grizzlies West when it comes to hunting, but I always forget to change into a coat, and with no campfire my guy starts to freeze to death.

Clickalot

Perhaps this will help

I log off every day at my camp. I have noticed that my camp will be there where I left (only strange thing is ....you wont return in your camp when you log on again)

I I log off just anywhere on the map besides my camp...my camp is sometimes on a other location.....

I hope this will help ya

coach_wargo

Since the update I don't have a camp. I get a notice that Cripps has packed up, but my camp hasn't been placed anywhere. This is fine with me since it was useless and right now I'm not being charged for the maintenance. 

Kemasus
On 12/22/2018 at 4:27 PM, Van_Hellsing said:

You can find campfires all over the map. At farms, homesteads, bandit camps, you name it. You can use these to cook some meat and craft items. 

I count on these.....

Im thinking RS needs to add a few more simple cabins with cooking fires scattered around the map

Van_Hellsing
3 hours ago, Kemasus said:

I count on these.....

Im thinking RS needs to add a few more simple cabins with cooking fires scattered around the map

You can craft ammo on the fly. Things that don't require a fire. Select items, go to the campfire icon, press r2 to change it in a mortar and you get the crafting menu. 

Foxwolfe

I like how the current camp setup is, but at the same time we should also have the small SP style local camp that we can plop down anywhere that has just cooking/core refills and nothing else (I'd be ok if it didn't even make you passive like the normal camp). Leave the normal camp for the rest such as wardrobe/delivery box/... whatever else it's useful for lol.

Plus that would give the camp icon in the item wheel some use as it's kinda redundant atm with the camp options in the freeroam menu.