3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

a z

Keeping the Whittemore Outfit?

a z

Is there a way to get the Whittmore outfit to stay in your wardrobe after the Debauchery mission?  It's sad you go to actually buy it from the tailor for a mission yet it's never available after the mission.  It's one of the more better outfits.

BTW, is anyone else having problems when there's more than 3 outfits on your house (out of 5) and having them get scrambled when you happen to pick up some stray item?  Why's there a limit on saved outfits... it's a strange limitation for 2018 games.

9fn19mgbxjy11.jpg

Darealbandicoot
1 hour ago, alz said:

Is there a way to get the Whittmore outfit to stay in your wardrobe after the Debauchery mission?  It's sad you go to actually buy it from the tailor for a mission yet it's never available after the mission.  It's one of the more better outfits.

BTW, is anyone else having problems when there's more than 3 outfits on your house (out of 5) and having them get scrambled when you happen to pick up some stray item?  Why's there a limit on saved outfits... it's a strange limitation for 2018 games.

9fn19mgbxjy11.jpg

It's saved on your horse after the mission but unless you save it as a custom outfit it's gone forever. I'm noticing the outfits getting scrambled as well. Very odd limitation 

Drake713

I've just left it on my "equipped to horse" bar, I had no idea I could lose it if I hadn't of done that o.O

So wait... what happens to it in the epilogue if you lose all your horses? (just to be clear going from Ch6 -> Epilogue causes you to lose all your horses)

Edited by Drake713

Drake713

I did some more testing with the Whitemore Outfit and it has some really weird... quirks.

Maybe some of these are a result of not being able to save it, and maybe some of these are the reason it is not saved - chicken and egg situation for sure

When you merely preview the outfit it disables all talismans and satchels (didn't test bandoliers) so much so that going back to your normal custom outfit, these items STAY disabled.

aka Arthur is running around with NO satchel visible at all

Even tho it is listed in the outfits stored on your horse... I am unable to find it when I go to the horse and look for it.

Eg. wardrobe says you have 4 outfits on the horse? Go look on the horse and there are only 3, and the missing one is the Whitemore

Darealbandicoot
25 minutes ago, Drake713 said:

I did some more testing with the Whitemore Outfit and it has some really weird... quirks.

Maybe some of these are a result of not being able to save it, and maybe some of these are the reason it is not saved - chicken and egg situation for sure

When you merely preview the outfit it disables all talismans and satchels (didn't test bandoliers) so much so that going back to your normal custom outfit, these items STAY disabled.

Even tho it is listed in the outfits stored on your horse... I am unable to find it when I go to the horse and look for it.

Eg. wardrobe says you have 4 outfits on the horse? Go look on the horse and there are only 3, and the missing one is the Whitemore

You have to choose it from the horse saved outfits in the wardrobe and yes, it disappears forever regardless after chapter 6 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

Possebility
56 minutes ago, Drake713 said:

this!

Edited by Possebility

Drake713

I saved it as a custom outfit and it immediately disappeared from the "equipped to horse" list, now that I am in the epilogue when I try to wear the saved outfit... nothing happens... it won't let me equip it and the preview of it is the same as my current outfit

You can spam the X button and it just stays lit up like it was available to equip

Edited by Drake713

GroveStGTAV
On 12/25/2018 at 7:57 PM, Drake713 said:

I saved it as a custom outfit and it immediately disappeared from the "equipped to horse" list, now that I am in the epilogue when I try to wear the saved outfit... nothing happens... it won't let me equip it and the preview of it is the same as my current outfit

You can spam the X button and it just stays lit up like it was available to equip

I will try different way now, thanks for the infos.

I will wear whittemore outfit then wear a any trapper outfit which do not replace his coat/boots/pants and save it like this. 

I hope i can wear it in the epilogue

Darealbandicoot
6 hours ago, GroveStGTAV said:

I will try different way now, thanks for the infos.

I will wear whittemore outfit then wear a any trapper outfit which do not replace his coat/boots/pants and save it like this. 

I hope i can wear it in the epilogue

You can't without a save editor unfortunately

a z
6 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

You can't without a save editor unfortunately

Is this theory or proven?  I don't mind using an editor if I already had it.

Darealbandicoot
5 minutes ago, alz said:

Is this theory or proven?  I don't mind using an editor if I already had it.

I have it with my John. 

3Prcntr

Outfits are definitely bugged. I had the raven claw without purchasing it, and the survivalist off hand holster too. Also, there was a feather in Arthurs hat once that you cannot craft and I have no idea how it got there, and found the nevada hat then it was gone. Tons of bugs.

At least now I know to save the Whittemore outfit... which is also extremely stupid. Right up there with not being able to get the LOTE outfit as Arthur unless you glitch.

Drake713
19 minutes ago, 3Prcntr said:

Outfits are definitely bugged. I had the raven claw without purchasing it, and the survivalist off hand holster too. Also, there was a feather in Arthurs hat once that you cannot craft and I have no idea how it got there, and found the nevada hat then it was gone. Tons of bugs.

At least now I know to save the Whittemore outfit... which is also extremely stupid. Right up there with not being able to get the LOTE outfit as Arthur unless you glitch.

After the mission where John and Arthur plant dynamite I noticed Arthur wearing a gun belt and main holster that afaik cannot be obtained anywhere.  I took a screenshot of it before getting rid of them if you want to see

3Prcntr
47 minutes ago, Drake713 said:

After the mission where John and Arthur plant dynamite I noticed Arthur wearing a gun belt and main holster that afaik cannot be obtained anywhere.  I took a screenshot of it before getting rid of them if you want to see

Yea sure!

Mine happened after I found "The Loft" in upper ambarino between roanoke and the grizzlies east, by the meteor house and crater site. There was a holster on a table and when I slept in the bed in the loft, I noticed my holster had changed. I went to see if the holster was still in the basement and it was, so I dunno how tf I got the survivalist holster. I never keep these things on because generally I don't like them with mismatched things but I should have taken screenshots too. Just too lazy to do all that work after work ;)

Drake713
20 minutes ago, 3Prcntr said:

Yea sure!

Mine happened after I found "The Loft" in upper ambarino between roanoke and the grizzlies east, by the meteor house and crater site. There was a holster on a table and when I slept in the bed in the loft, I noticed my holster had changed. I went to see if the holster was still in the basement and it was, so I dunno how tf I got the survivalist holster. I never keep these things on because generally I don't like them with mismatched things but I should have taken screenshots too. Just too lazy to do all that work after work ;)

I posted it in a new thread so as to not hijack this one

https://gtaforums.com/topic/923345-exclusive-gunbelt-and-holster/

lol232
4 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

I have it with my John. 

Now, where can I get that save editor without paying 60 for save editor software? Any legit free alternatives?

Drake713
Just now, lol232 said:

Now, where can I get that save editor without paying 60 for save editor software? Any legit free alternatives?

I only know of the $60 one, if there is a legit free one I'd be interested as well

lol232
3 minutes ago, Drake713 said:

I only know of the $60 one, if there is a legit free one I'd be interested as well

Not that I care about the law, but Jesus, $10, $5, would be fine. The full price of a video game? No.

If I was Sony, I would sue the living sh*t out of them.

Drake713
4 minutes ago, lol232 said:

Not that I care about the law, but Jesus, $10, $5, would be fine. The full price of a video game? No.

If I was Sony, I would sue the living sh*t out of them.

From what I could understand of that situation (which might've changed by now) they had a monopoly on having cracked the code or w/e it is and that is why they are charging so much for it; because they can.

If someone else is able to do w/e it is they did, then competition would drive the price down.  But as it stands, Sony doesn't actually lose anything to the people running that save editor so they don't have a case, again as I understand it

Sony could of course open a save editor site of thier own and get some of that cash... hint hint Sony 😛

Edited by Drake713

a z
1 hour ago, Drake713 said:

I posted it in a new thread so as to not hijack this one

https://gtaforums.com/topic/923345-exclusive-gunbelt-and-holster/

That's the belt I currently have on Arthur.  I had it once before, lost it, now got it back somehow.  I had it earlier than the Chapter 6 mission you mentioned.  It's nice because it only has one holster (the 2nd gun is hidden until drawn).

lol232
On 1/13/2019 at 6:00 AM, Drake713 said:

From what I could understand of that situation (which might've changed by now) they had a monopoly on having cracked the code or w/e it is and that is why they are charging so much for it; because they can.

If someone else is able to do w/e it is they did, then competition would drive the price down.  But as it stands, Sony doesn't actually lose anything to the people running that save editor so they don't have a case, again as I understand it

Sony could of course open a save editor site of thier own and get some of that cash... hint hint Sony 😛

There is actually a crack but ironically, to use that website which has it you gotta pay $10. Much better, but that's not the f*cking point.

Anyway, the court would rule it in Sony's favor anyway, they don't need that much of a powerful case against them, big companies are gonna big.

Cutter De Blanc

I make it a habit not to pay for questionably legal things like save editors

That's like buying some sh*t that "fell off the back of a truck"

Arthurrules
On 1/14/2019 at 7:52 PM, lol232 said:

if you empty your clothes from the horse so you dont have any there yopu get to keep the wittermore but it can only be put on while in you room or hotel,

3Prcntr

Tried it all. No saved outfit. Damnit... All I want is that damn satchel removed. No big deal. Not going to start a petition about it...

a z

Almost figured it out.  Using the Legend of the East vest for that kickass watch chain and red for low honor

urRtNJY.jpg

Oldsport
3 hours ago, alz said:

Almost figured it out.  Using the Legend of the East vest for that kickass watch chain and red for low honor

urRtNJY.jpg

HOWWWW

a z

A Save Game Editor to tinker with hex#s.  I can't figure out how to turn off suspenders though, they can be seen through the back coat at times.  I dunno why Rockstar has poor consisency with what hats or outfits you can keep after you've worn them.

torress123456

The dude with the beautiful wittemore oufit with the red legend of the east vest, how come you have in chapter 3?

torress123456

Also once you have got the wittemore outfit, do you know a way to keep the satchel off, even after saving and reloading the game?

Thanks.

Darealbandicoot
On 2/3/2019 at 9:53 AM, a z said:

A Save Game Editor to tinker with hex#s.  I can't figure out how to turn off suspenders though, they can be seen through the back coat at times.  I dunno why Rockstar has poor consisency with what hats or outfits you can keep after you've worn them.

Do you have hazards save editor? if so, just type in FFFFFFFFFF in the suspenders custom box to get rid of the suspenders.