1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

xDONALDxTRUMPx1

I'm a hardcore GTAOnline player, convince me why I should buy/play Red Dead Online

xDONALDxTRUMPx1

As title goes, I'm into GTA Online, but I'm not fully convinced on Red Dead Online. Has it improved from when it first launched? Is the money system any better than GTA Online?

DrKrankenstein

i bet we could do without you and still have fun lol

xDONALDxTRUMPx1

What's the matter, bro, you can't read? Read the title, then reply accordingly.

4 minutes ago, DrKrankenstein said:

i bet we could do without you and still have fun lol

1 minute ago, xDONALDxTRUMPx1 said:

Only reply by answering the question, thanks.

RAND0M GRAFFITI

Well It's been less than a month and it's still a beta, So not a lot has changed other than some small things. I don't know how the money system could be better or worse than GTAO considering the values of things are completely different and there's not as much content as GTAO yet. This might be fake news though, so I dunno.

Side note. I love this Make Donald Drumpf Again extension for Chrome 🤣😂🤣 

Smokewood

It's just like GTAO.

Compared to story-mode it really sux but you are sure to have some fun there.

I won't go back until (or if) there are friendly lobbies.

Don't have the time or the desire for non-stop PvP - it's just annoying at this point.

unicornace

You shouldn't

Semaj 2JZ♢

Nah. If you need convincing, just forget it and stick with GTAO. Be a shepherd for once in your life.

xDONALDxTRUMPx1
4 minutes ago, Semaj 2JZ♢ said:

Nah. If you need convincing, just forget it and stick with GTAO. Be a shepherd for once in your life.

Yeah, I do need some convincing, but I also needed convincing to get into GTA V and GTA Online. I'm tempted to try out Red Dead Online just for the PVP element, but I hear this is too out of control right now.

21 minutes ago, RAND0M GRAFFITI said:

Well It's been less than a month and it's still a beta, So not a lot has changed other than some small things. I don't know how the money system could be better or worse than GTAO considering the values of things are completely different and there's not as much content as GTAO yet. This might be fake news though, so I dunno.

Side note. I love this Make Donald Drumpf Again extension for Chrome 🤣😂🤣 

Enjoyed your side note, how do I find this extension?

Callahan44

The loading times are good compared to gta. But theres not much to load compared to gta.

Slam_Jones
4 minutes ago, xDONALDxTRUMPx1 said:

Yeah, I do need some convincing, but I also needed convincing to get into GTA V and GTA Online. I'm tempted to try out Red Dead Online just for the PVP element, but I hear this is too out of control right now.

I heard that it was just a constant grief-fest with players coming from miles around just to hogtie or shoot you in the back of the head while fishing, or hunting, or otherwise minding your own business.

Well, I'm up to level 30 and only been hogtied once, and that was in a gunfight.  Seen plenty of players standing nearby while I'm fishing, but none of em have attacked me yet.

Overall, if you're interested, then just go for it.  It's only going to improve with time.

Edited by Slam_Jones

Rocket-74

If you need convincing, you're probably not going to like it. It's a slower pace than GTA Online, more of a chill game. Sounds like you'd be happier staying in GTA.

Jason

There's nothing out of control about the PvP in RDO, the issue is that it isn't optional. If you want PvP it's very easy to find it either in playlists or free roam. That said, the griefing problem has been overblown massively, there are lobbies now and then that are chaos but it's a huge map with an average of 20-30 players in it, it's very, very easy to avoid players in free roam while still doing free roam activities.

The games suffers from a lack of content, friendly/pve/freeaim lobbies and balancing issues, the only thing they've did since launch was lower the weapon prices and tweak the payouts for a few things, beyond that they've changed/added nothing and it sounds like they won't till the new year.

IKilledMyHorseAgain
1 hour ago, xDONALDxTRUMPx1 said:

Is the money system any better than GTA Online?

IMO GTA has a horrible money system and the main reason i never turn it anymore.  While things seem kinda high in RD, i dont think it even compares to how much everything is in GTA.   

Callahan44
4 minutes ago, IKilledMyHorseAgain said:

IMO GTA has a horrible money system and the main reason i never turn it anymore.  While things seem kinda high in RD, i dont think it even compares to how much everything is in GTA.   

Earning gold is a pain in the ass...stuff like weapons and clothing are als not expensive in gta. I guess rdo will be worse than gta if you dont want to pay. 

IKilledMyHorseAgain
2 minutes ago, Callahan44 said:

Earning gold is a pain in the ass...stuff like weapons and clothing are als not expensive in gta. I guess rdo will be worse than gta if you dont want to pay. 

Gold is a little slow for sure but most things can be bought with cash, im finding the leveling to be way more of an obstacle than money.  AS far as clothes and such i have no clue, my player will probably never get a new outfit for the life of the game so i havnt looked at the cosmetic part of the inventory cost but i know once i get to the right level, i can buy the fastest horse for $800 which if i wanted to could probably earn in half a day whereas if i want the fastest car in GTA that could take much much much longer.  Im the first to admit ive logged into GTA about 5 times this whole year so maybe im off base. 

Viciadogames

Do whatever the f*ck you want.

DrKrankenstein
1 hour ago, xDONALDxTRUMPx1 said:

Only reply by answering the question, thanks.

i replied accordingly, stay in gta if your so hardcore lol

Callahan44
7 minutes ago, IKilledMyHorseAgain said:

Gold is a little slow for sure but most things can be bought with cash, im finding the leveling to be way more of an obstacle than money.  AS far as clothes and such i have no clue, my player will probably never get a new outfit for the life of the game so i havnt looked at the cosmetic part of the inventory cost but i know once i get to the right level, i can buy the fastest horse for $800 which if i wanted to could probably earn in half a day whereas if i want the fastest car in GTA that could take much much much longer.  Im the first to admit ive logged into GTA about 5 times this whole year so maybe im off base. 

When gta released the most expensive cars where things like entity,there were no 3million $ cars. I think the best horse can only be bought with gold? 

Imo a lot of stuff is gold only already...theres just much too little content in general and if 1/5 or so is locked behind gold that sucks.

IKilledMyHorseAgain
Just now, Callahan44 said:

When gta released the most expensive cars where things like entity,there were no 3million $ cars. I think the best horse can only be bought with gold? 

Imo a lot of stuff is gold only already...theres just much too little content in general and if 1/5 or so is locked behind gold that sucks.

Very ture, i probably shouldnt compare year 6 or 7 GTA to RDR beta!!

not arguing the gold point for sure!! Its slow going and if R* hadnt gifted us the 30 id have all of 2!!      

If you want the white arabian you have to pay gold but the black one is $800.  Kinda lame if you ask me, same exact horse just different colors.  

Callahan44
1 minute ago, IKilledMyHorseAgain said:

Very ture, i probably shouldnt compare year 6 or 7 GTA to RDR beta!!

not arguing the gold point for sure!! Its slow going and if R* hadnt gifted us the 30 id have all of 2!!      

If you want the white arabian you have to pay gold but the black one is $800.  Kinda lame if you ask me, same exact horse just different colors.  

If i remember correctly the white ones is better,but havent been at the stables for ages. Free ps4 horse is good enough for me.

IKilledMyHorseAgain
1 minute ago, Callahan44 said:

If i remember correctly the white ones is better,but havent been at the stables for ages. Free ps4 horse is good enough for me.

maybe so, i looked just last night but didnt compare the stats as i figured they just knew people would want the white one so they jacked the price all the way up.    ill never pony over 42 Gold bars for the white one but ill get the black one whenever i get to that level which wont be anytime soon!!   Ive got the free ps4 arabian as well and dude is just fine but i do miss the extra stamina at times as it seems that one maxes out at like 65/70%.    Never a big deal though and probably doesnt merit ever paying the 800 for the black one but what else am i gonna spend my money one, i could care less about outfits and such and figure im on that dang horse all the time so i can at least talk myself into it. 

ViciousSpirit
13 minutes ago, IKilledMyHorseAgain said:

The white costs 850, black one is gold only but has slightly more health and stamina. White is around 75% of the circle and black has 90%. Thats with bonding level 4. I can tell since i own both horses

IKilledMyHorseAgain
Just now, ViciousSpirit said:

The white costs 850, black one is gold only but has slightly more health and stamina. White is around 75% of the circle and black has 90%. Thats with bonding level 4. I can tell since i own both horses

Thanks! Guess i had my colors mixed up!!  you are a leveling up maniac, isnt it like level 65 or something?  Think im all of halfway there at 32 or 33 with gameplay already slowing down due to lack of content on my end.

ViciousSpirit
Just now, IKilledMyHorseAgain said:

Thanks! Guess i had my colors mixed up!!  you are a leveling up maniac, isnt it like level 65 or something?  Think im all of halfway there at 32 or 33 with gameplay already slowing down due to lack of content on my end.

Not a maniac but leveling slow and steady. Im 72 now, white is 66 and black at 70.

I have a good posse so leveling up just playing stranger missions, hideouts, hunting and the occasional pvp letting me level up fairly quick.

Key is to max your xp per kill. Like special ammo, headshot, from horseback etc gives xtra 5 xp each kill so that adds up. Also dont finish the mission asap, let the timer run down to get more xp from missions

Ektope

The combat is much better than GTA online. But no fully automatic handheld guns.

DonnieVega
4 hours ago, Slam_Jones said:

Overall, if you're interested, then just go for it.  It's only going to improve with time.

We all hope it'll improve anyway. But at the same time everyone should know that Strauss Zelnick masturbates to his own reflection in the mirror while calling himself daddy.

There are possibilities but we have to be remember what we're dealing with...

IamCourtney

I'm a longtime GTAO player myself and I'm finding RDO similar enough to scratch a lot of the same itches GTAO does while different enough to feel novel and intriguing. Good mix of familiar with fresh. How do you spend most of your time in GTAO? If you're looking a free roam experience as fleshed out as the San Andeas scene, you might be disappointed atm. If you're into DM style instanced PvP modes you might find more meat on RDO's bones but I'm not really into that side of things in either game so I can't really comment.

Bare

because gta is old now and ruined by silly content. it was awesome up until like summer 2017 and is still sometimes fun now but too many kids on flying bikes and other weird vehicles. red dead on the other hand is brand new and full of possibilities its like gta online was in late 2013 im sure it will be great for a few years at least.

also you shouldnt need "convincing"... so because you're a "hardcore" gta online player you're never gonna play any other games? even a game that's more recent and currently more relevant and popular than gta? in my opinion gta online has ran its course for the most part its still worth playing but not as much as back in the day and the same thing will happen with red dead online when gta 6 comes out whenever that might be. 

afriendlyreddot

No free-aim, pvp is absolute aids. Butttttttt, if you're a hardcore GTAO type then that might be right up your alley.

-_-

Big_Show
7 hours ago, xDONALDxTRUMPx1 said:

As title goes, I'm into GTA Online, but I'm not fully convinced on Red Dead Online. Has it improved from when it first launched? Is the money system any better than GTA Online?

Here are the main reasons I've loved playing RDR2 the past two weeks instead of GTA:

• certain end game items and gun customizations are locked behind the gold currency which predominately sourced through buying with real money
  • in game gold and money is hard to come by.
  • if you spend an hour hunting get some perfect pelts and items to turn in, all it takes is for you to lag form session or get killed and you'll lose everything
  • A lot of items are locked behind rank and getting a lot XP is a bit of a grind unless you always rank in the top 3 for PvP death matches
  • There's no free aim lobbies, and the cheapest rifle you get from rank 1 has a crazy auto aim which allows anyone to simply head shot you which is a one shot death with ease.  
  • There's limited contact missions, no heists, and poor payouts for freeroam missions. 
  • Your friends and crew don't show up on radar so if their not in your posse - like VIP/MC you don't know who is who. 
  • The game constantly disconnects in every session.
  • Your base camp can randomly spawn anywhere on the entire map so when you load in you might have to make a 5 minute journey just to get to base camp.
  • The radar blips are inconsistent and lag, when you crouch/duck you go off radar often you're dead before you even know someone was near by. 
  • Oh Did i mention it's still in beta phase.