4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

hotrats773

Selling pelts buggy AF.

hotrats773
3 hours ago, Jlindstead said:

Yes, that is definitely not true for everyone.  It seems to be an issue with items on the horse, as I don't really have problems with satchel items(somebody chime in and let me know if it is the same for them).  I've been running into a different bug with the butcher the past two days...I go there with pelts and a carcus and the I can't interact with the butcher at all.  In one town he was standing on the counter, in another he was IN a barrel, and in Rhodes he was standing with his back to me, but I watched another player sell their pelts right in front of me.  I've given up on pelts and carcus for now and am just collecting items I can sell from my satchel...SOO much $ lost here.  

I had this happen last night on the way to Strawberry. had a perfect grizzly pelt and was not going to stop for anything and of course I get ambushed by NPCs and wolves. I kept on going without stopping and when I got to the butcher he basically told me to piss off. I think it's because the game still thought I was in an active fight. I rode out of town a little ways and came back and was able to sell.

Reyvar
3 hours ago, Jlindstead said:

Yes, that is definitely not true for everyone.  It seems to be an issue with items on the horse, as I don't really have problems with satchel items(somebody chime in and let me know if it is the same for them).  I've been running into a different bug with the butcher the past two days...I go there with pelts and a carcus and the I can't interact with the butcher at all.  In one town he was standing on the counter, in another he was IN a barrel, and in Rhodes he was standing with his back to me, but I watched another player sell their pelts right in front of me.  I've given up on pelts and carcus for now and am just collecting items I can sell from my satchel...SOO much $ lost here.  

It is indeed an issue with the horse inventory only. Satchel items are unaffected.

So far the only time I have been unable to interact with the butcher is when I was wearing a mask accidentally. That stops NPC interaction.

24 minutes ago, hotrats773 said:

I had this happen last night on the way to Strawberry. had a perfect grizzly pelt and was not going to stop for anything and of course I get ambushed by NPCs and wolves. I kept on going without stopping and when I got to the butcher he basically told me to piss off. I think it's because the game still thought I was in an active fight. I rode out of town a little ways and came back and was able to sell.

Oh, yes! That can happen too. I had to go back and clear the road of bandits to get out of combat.

4eyedcoupe
32 minutes ago, hotrats773 said:

For me riding away and going back didn't work.  I had two horses(my own and a stolen horse), and two perfect cougars.  I went to Tumbleweed and the option to interact wasn't  even available, the butcher was standing in the barrel next to his table(I took a screen shot but don't know how to transfer from PS to here or to email to send to rockstar).  I rode away, came back still the same.  I then rode to Blackwater, the butcher was just standing in the street, no counter, no chance to interact.  I then rode to Valentine, where he was standing on top of his counter, no chance to interact. Then I rode to Rhodes, and again, could not interact but I watched another player sell items right in front of me.  I did not have any bounties, or had any negative interactions with NPC's or other players before hand and also was not wearing a mask. 

It happened to me the day before in Tumbleweed, but I only had pronghorn pelts, so I didn't care to ride all over to find out.  I thought at first it might have had something to do with fast travel because I had fast traveled in that session and when I had later entered into a new session it was fixed.  However yesterday to avoid that issue, I rode from Lemoyne to Tumbleweed instead of fast traveling and ran into the same bug.  

Edited by Jlindstead

ALifeOfMisery
21 minutes ago, Reyvar said:

It is indeed an issue with the horse inventory only. Satchel items are unaffected.

I've had multiple issues with rabbit pelts, feathers etc.

Reyvar
Just now, ALifeOfMisery said:

Huh. I've never had an issue with that stuff. Even when my horse inventory stops selling I can sell my whole satchel inventory off without issue.

4eyedcoupe
6 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

At first I did too, but only after selling horse items.  To avoid losing satchel items, sell them first and then sell horse items.  Hopefully it works for you too, but honestly it seems everyone has seen different variations of the bug.

ALifeOfMisery
17 minutes ago, Jlindstead said:

At first I did too, but only after selling horse items.  To avoid losing satchel items, sell them first and then sell horse items.  Hopefully it works for you too, but honestly it seems everyone has seen different variations of the bug.

I'll give this a try the next time I play. Thanks.

4eyedcoupe
1 hour ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I'll give this a try the next time I play. Thanks.

Let us know if it works for you or not.

BUT THE BENZ

I can't say my butcher has been bugged yet, then again I had no more than 3 or 4 pelts to unload at a time so far.

speaking of which, I just gunned down a perfect florida panther, carcass and pelt combined gave me 20 $. I think I'll have to do that more often...

and oh yeah, I FORGOT, still below rank 20 so I need to know where's that one cabin/hideout where you can find the express rifle cartridges?! I gave that cougar one to the head, leaves me with just 4 for future adventures

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

ALifeOfMisery
On 12/26/2018 at 7:54 PM, Jlindstead said:

Let us know if it works for you or not.

Just had a pretty decent hunting session. I tried selling all the satchel items first, and that worked, didn't lose a single item from my satchel. Thank you for the tip.

Items from my horse on the other hand are more bugged than ever. I lost almost half of what was on my horse from the same hunting trip.

R* need to fix this, quickly. By my reckoning I'm a little over $300 down since I discovered this thread.

Edit:

Does anyone think that this could be less of a bug and more a case of R* not properly implementing a limit on how many pelts we can carry? 

I ask because I got heavily f*cked over, again, last night. I had a high number of pelts even by my own standards, 5 deer, 4 sheep/ram, 2 or 3 buck, 2 fox, 2 or 3 coyote, 1 beaver, 1 elk, I was on my way back to Strawberry and got attacked by no less than a 7 wolf pack, they all met my pump action and even though they were poor quality, I skinned them, why not? 

Lost half of that load at the butcher.

But when I do a smaller hunt, around 10 pelts, I often don't lose anything.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

Poggy

One the most annoying bugs in the game, along with dynamite lag, ghosting PCs, crafting ammo failure, PvP disconnects, upgraded saddlebag utility, horse speed, horse bonding, egret feathers, disappearing bodies, pointless pamphlets and lock breaker, and animation glitches.

Raddenson11

This glitch is infuriating.

I lost a few hundred bucks already. Hell, I lost a perfect cougar carcass and two pelts in one go at some point.

Bird hunting and fishing seem to be the only options. Ugh.

BUT THE BENZ

I don't know if this is known, probably, I didn't know...and...well you CANNOT FAST TRAVEL with pelts, upon arrival they're gone....

why did I have to give that a try with a perfect grizzlie pelt on my horse's back?!? holy moly....

Reyvar
46 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

I don't know if this is known, probably, I didn't know...and...well you CANNOT FAST TRAVEL with pelts, upon arrival they're gone....

why did I have to give that a try with a perfect grizzlie pelt on my horse's back?!? holy moly....

You can't  *anything* with pelts.

Even a visit to the stables will reset your horse, which I find hilarious as the single player game specifically points out that cargo is safely saved when you enter a stable.