3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

hotrats773

Selling pelts buggy AF.

hotrats773

Hi. I'm not sure if this has been posted in bugs or if anyone else notices this weird anomaly when selling pelts/fish/etc..

If I have a stack of say, pronghorn pelts and tap X to "sell" sometimes it doesn't register. I tap a few more times with no luck so move on to the next pelt. When I sell the next one, the previous pelt I was trying to sell disappears but doesn't add money to my character.

Am I going crazy or is anyone else seeing this? (no need to answer the first question ;) )

IceD34ler

If you sell something the server needs to be informed about it. This can sometimes take some time depending on other things that are going on at the same time. Sometimes it's fast, sometimes it takes a while, just chill. So it does register everytime, just with a delay.

hotrats773
24 minutes ago, IceD34ler said:

If you sell something the server needs to be informed about it. This can sometimes take some time depending on other things that are going on at the same time. Sometimes it's fast, sometimes it takes a while, just chill. So it does register everytime, just with a delay.

Oh I did chill. It just isn't giving my money after I chill. Maybe I'll get a fat payday at the end of the week? :)

IKilledMyHorseAgain

I have issues with all of the butchers after i get about half way through selling my stuff. First handful of items always process fast then it just immediately slows down and half the time wont do anything at all. I cant say ive noticed things missing or not getting paid for them but i know i can never sell everything i want to sell unless i want to wait 30-40 seconds in between pressing the button which is just annoying and i usually just leave and deal with later but that always leaves me full on some items which in turn is costing me money.

trevorjc2511

I noticed something similar once.  Have this other weird error where the butcher in Blackwater is there but his counter is not, I can still sell stuff though. 

The Winter Crow

This also happens to me. Sometimes it give me the money, sometimes it doesn’t. Really annoying when it happens with higher value items.

Van_Hellsing

Immediately get out of the dialog of the butcher and start the dialog again. It is annoying as hell. 

PetrolCB

If it locks up while selling, click L1 or R1 to change categories, then switch back to keep selling. 

Also, OP, if you have a stack of the same animal’s pelt, just select “sell all” instead of spamming X. 

Edited by PetrolCB

Tha-Jamz
27 minutes ago, trevorjc2511 said:

I noticed something similar once.  Have this other weird error where the butcher in Blackwater is there but his counter is not, I can still sell stuff though. 

Yeah happens to me too sometimes.

8 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

If it locks up while selling, click L1 or R1 to change categories, then switch back to keep selling. 

Also, OP, if you have a stack of the same animal’s pelt, just select “sell all” instead of spamming X. 

This <--

hotrats773
10 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Ok yeah, I started doing that last night and got the same type of behavior. "Sell All" button pressed and nada. Money doesn't move. I back out and come back in, pelts/fish are gone and money is unchanged.

I had all of the problems (and more) mentioned here until I started removing one of the carcasses from my horse and carrying it to the butcher. No need set it down, just keep it shouldered and start selling whatever you carried as well as the rest of your pelts and carcasses. Why this works couldn't tell you.

Edited by 1898

4eyedcoupe

I opened a ticket with Rockstar over this issue,  they replied with the usual "this is a known issue' bla bla bla.  I would sell pelts, parts, meat, and multiple carcus and would not get paid.  I tried leaving the interaction with the butcher as well as walking up to the butcher with the carcus.  After selling a few items, it just stops paying but continues to take out of your inventory

Edited by Jlindstead

TCA

I switch tabs and then it lets me. 

hotrats773
On 12/21/2018 at 12:46 PM, 1898 said:

I had all of the problems (and more) mentioned here until I started removing one of the carcasses from my horse and carrying it to the butcher. No need set it down, just keep it shouldered and start selling whatever you carried as well as the rest of your pelts and carcasses. Why this works couldn't tell you.

Thanks! I'll try that and post back here.

fejkb

Got it more often for few days and it seems to bug out only with skins stored on horse. Small animal skins never bugged for me. Gonna check that solution too

lockstockn1ak
On 12/21/2018 at 10:14 AM, hotrats773 said:

Oh I did chill. It just isn't giving my money after I chill. Maybe I'll get a fat payday at the end of the week? :)

That,my friend, was a hilarious response 

Reyvar

Same issue. Closing the dialog and reopening it makes whatever I sold disappear, but doesn't pay me for what I sold. Same with switching tabs. Worse, the butcher will not buy anything any longer - no matter what I do he's just stealing my stuff.

I'm beginning to think that one of my sticks of dynamite has his name on it. Think he'll take that for free too?

Van_Hellsing

As usual, it is a known bug to Rockstar. Because it is not affecting their precious gold shop, only their customers, they will fix it when hell freezes over. 

ALifeOfMisery

I'm getting really f*cking sick of this bug.

I've tried backing out of the butchers after selling each individual item and switching tabs after selling each item, neither makes a difference.

I've had everything from a turkey feather to an elk pelt bug out. I've kept a record over the last 2 days that this started happening to me and I'm already down just under $80 so far, so not the end of the world, but I'd rather have it than not.

I've submitted a ticket, no answer yet. Sent multiple feedback reports too.

It's so f*cking annoying.

E: So R* support have replied, not a generic bot response, but no hint at compensation for cash lost etc.

Hello ALifeOfMisery,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

We are sorry to hear that you are unable to sell the pelts to the Butcher, we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. 

We would like to take this opportunity and thank you for taking your time and reporting this issue to us. We have received similar issues reported where the players are unable to sell Pelts/Birds to the Butcher, we are currently working on fixing this issue and hope it will be resolved soon. 

We appreciate you for your efforts in testing the game. Your feedback from these early days will be instrumental in helping formulate updates to every aspect of the experience.

Please stay tuned to our newswire article for latest updates :

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60726/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Status-Update

Kindly let us know if you have any other concerns, we would be delighted to assist you.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Mallory P.

Rockstar Support

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

hotrats773

Damn, that sucks @ALifeOfMisery Well if it's any consolation, thanks for validating what I was seeing (as well as everyone else in this thread).

Sure, it's nickel and dime sh*t but considering nickels and dimes are pretty much our currency, this adds up even after a single session of huntring, skinning and visiting butchers.

Fatsanchez

Yeah I’ve also had this just yesterday. Like ALifeOfMisery I tried switching tabs and closing/reopening the sell screen, but this glitch seems totally random. I’d say its related to some server issue where it can’t validate the transaction? It seems that way to me.

I’ve also had this glitch where every store seems bugged, simply couldnt interact with any butchers across all the map. Started in Tumbleweed - the dude spawned inside a barrel, lol. I went all across the map down to Saint Denis, stopping in every city in the way - everyone was glitched out, I just couldnt sell the stuff on my horse no matter what. Only option was to search for a new lobby - losing everything in the process. Very annoying.

I thought after those patches this issue would be resolved but no. I had it again very recently.

ALifeOfMisery
1 hour ago, hotrats773 said:

Damn, that sucks @ALifeOfMisery Well if it's any consolation, thanks for validating what I was seeing (as well as everyone else in this thread).

Sure, it's nickel and dime sh*t but considering nickels and dimes are pretty much our currency, this adds up even after a single session of huntring, skinning and visiting butchers.

It is nickel and dime sh*t on a per item basis, but when you hunt like I hunt over a week of gameplay what I'm losing would buy a top tier horse or a new fully upgraded weapon or a new outfit.

This might sound petty or trivial to some, others might say just do other things in game. But I always intended on going heavy on role play in RDO, after the make millions, own everything nature of GTAO I wanted a more stripped back, authentic experience from RDO. Everything about my character is geared towards playing as the lone wolf survivor type, from my horse to clothing to weapon load out.

I don't charge around shooting everything, I spend 1-2 hours per hunting trip, alone up in the snow, following a planned route, stalking only 3* animals. When putting in that type of time and effort into playing the game this bug is completely ruining the experience for me. I still enjoy the gameplay side of hunting, so I'll endure for now, but the amount of money I'm down is now close to $200 after a lengthy session today.

I'm making far more than I lose, but if there are no more patches until the new year, I could easily be around $1k down just from playing over the holidays.

As you say, the only consolation is having it confirmed that R* are aware of the issue, but as hunting is such a big part of the game it's completely unacceptable for R* to not fix this bug as a priority.

tl;dr I'm p*ssed off. Sorry for the rant.

30 minutes ago, Fatsanchez said:

I’d say its related to some server issue where it can’t validate the transaction? It seems that way to me.

I'd say this is likely.

I tested out shorter hunting trips, going back to the butcher with only 5 or so items rather than a fully loaded horse and satchel. I've had no issues when selling when I only had a few items to sell.

Problem is, that limits where you can hunt, on a practical level. There's no point traveling up near Adler's Ranch or North of Annesburg if you're settling off back to the butcher after a handful of kills, the time wasted on traveling alone makes areas far away from a butcher almost pointless if you aren't coming back heavily loaded.

Reyvar

Sounds like you're playing like me ALifeofMisery. I've been doing the same, head up into the snow where I don't have to worry about other players and just load my horse up for several hours straight before heading back to town (and hoping no random stray bullets hit me in the head before I can get in the shop).

It really adds up, as I can bring in hauls worth $100+ and I suspect I've lost as much as half of several hauls before I even noticed what was happening.

BUT THE BENZ

how many pelts can you stack on 1 horse? can I have a second horse "on call"?!

lol I go hunting for bisons now and then, I put one pelt on my horse and the other I carry to the butcher. I whistle my horse behind me so we both "walk" to town, so to speak! it's kind of cool but the way into town is like walking on death row!

Reyvar
3 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

lol I go hunting for bisons now and then, I put one pelt on my horse and the other I carry to the butcher. I whistle my horse behind me so we both "walk" to town, so to speak! it's kind of cool but the way into town is like walking on death row!

1 large pelt (or carcass), 2 small carcasses on the side (like birds), and so far as I know an unlimited number of medium pelts (like deer/fox/wolf). I've never found a limit anyway. Everything small goes right in your bag of holding. 

Fatsanchez
13 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

Yeah you can find a random horse and use it, but it wont respond to whistles iirc. It will never reach bonding lvl 1. But it is possible, you can ride this random horse and have your horse follow you. You just have to keep an eye on both because the random horse can just go away, and if your own horse despawn, you can lose the pelts it was carrying.

Edited by Fatsanchez

BUT THE BENZ

oh, will try to find me a nag on the road then. and silly me expected a cap of 3 pelts or something. well I'll be in the woods later on and switch my game up! thanks guys!

ALifeOfMisery
1 hour ago, Reyvar said:

Sounds like you're playing like me ALifeofMisery. I've been doing the same, head up into the snow where I don't have to worry about other players and just load my horse up for several hours straight before heading back to town (and hoping no random stray bullets hit me in the head before I can get in the shop).

It really adds up, as I can bring in hauls worth $100+ and I suspect I've lost as much as half of several hauls before I even noticed what was happening.

Exactly the same. I'll typically hunt for an hour or two at a time, but if I keep finding 3* game I'll keep going for as long as the area I'm in stays free of players, which in the far North can be hours on end, even in a full lobby. I'm surprised I'm not responsible for the extinction of whole species in the West Grizzlies 😁.

When I'm bringing back $100+ hauls I'm easily losing over $30 a time. Which is completely unacceptable. It simply isn't rewarding the time and effort players like us are putting into the game.

I asked about the possibility of compensation to reflect the cash I'm losing, a question that has been completely ignored.

Also, if you're on PS4 and fancy some strength in numbers on a long hunting expedition, feel free to add me on PSN if you like. 

Same goes for anyone who enjoys playing this way. Having to time shots on multiple targets sounds like a fun additional dimension to hunting.

Just mention the forum in any request, thanks to MrBoss I still get complete strangers trying to add me from time to time.

1 hour ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

how many pelts can you stack on 1 horse? 

As others have said, medium pelts seem to have an unlimited capacity, or at least I haven't hit the limit so far, and considering I typically return to the butchers with multiple deer, ram, sheep, buck, wolf, fox and if I'm lucky, the odd beaver pelt, I'd say there is either no limit currently in place or any limit there is, is set so high that's it's unlikely that it can realistically be reached unless you literally kill every animal you see.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

Reyvar

Submitted this as a bug myself, and was told that to prevent the issue I merely needed to wait for my cash to update before selling another item. Also, they said that closing the butcher menu and talking to him again will make him work again.

Neither of these things is true.

4eyedcoupe
On 12/24/2018 at 6:20 PM, Reyvar said:

Submitted this as a bug myself, and was told that to prevent the issue I merely needed to wait for my cash to update before selling another item. Also, they said that closing the butcher menu and talking to him again will make him work again.

Neither of these things is true.

Yes, that is definitely not true for everyone.  It seems to be an issue with items on the horse, as I don't really have problems with satchel items(somebody chime in and let me know if it is the same for them).  I've been running into a different bug with the butcher the past two days...I go there with pelts and a carcus and the I can't interact with the butcher at all.  In one town he was standing on the counter, in another he was IN a barrel, and in Rhodes he was standing with his back to me, but I watched another player sell their pelts right in front of me.  I've given up on pelts and carcus for now and am just collecting items I can sell from my satchel...SOO much $ lost here.