3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Talisman_83

Ability Card Loadouts

S1ster P1stol

These would work for just free roam too right? I refuse to play any modes they have in RDO and I hated every adversary mode in GTAO. It'd just be nice to make it a bit harder for greifers to get cheap shots when I'm just hunting and exploring 

•—•
3 hours ago, S1ster P1stol said:

These would work for just free roam too right? I refuse to play any modes they have in RDO and I hated every adversary mode in GTAO. It'd just be nice to make it a bit harder for greifers to get cheap shots when I'm just hunting and exploring 

It works everywhere. Free roam, showdown, races, gun rush, story missions.

BUT THE BENZ

the last card I look forward to is WINNING STREAK...just 1 rank away!

then I'll have:

- paint it black/slow and steady

- horseman/winning streak

- peak condition/strange medicine/eye for an eye

- the unblinking eye

the other cards I don't think I'll ever need. from that collection I can make a few ability loadouts. you cannot save them like outfits can you?!

ALifeOfMisery
25 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

from that collection I can make a few ability loadouts. you cannot save them like outfits can you?!

Unfortunately not, at least I haven't seen or found a way to.

It's one of my many regular feedback suggestions to R*.

IamCourtney
1 hour ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

the last card I look forward to is WINNING STREAK...just 1 rank away!

then I'll have:

- paint it black/slow and steady

- horseman/winning streak

- peak condition/strange medicine/eye for an eye

- the unblinking eye

the other cards I don't think I'll ever need. from that collection I can make a few ability loadouts. you cannot save them like outfits can you?!

No Never Without One? That's the one non-negotiable card from my POV.

wehweh01
1 hour ago, IamCourtney said:

I almost feel like it's not needed for Slippery loadouts but it seems just as important. Besides, it has damage reduce when maxed.

hotrats773

Peak Condition

Horseman

Winning Streak

Slippery Bastard

I don't use Slippery Bastard much, if at all. With a Springfield and map awareness, the other three cards are more than sufficient.

Talisman_83

Does anyone know if Winning Streak and Peak Condition stack?

I'll run some tests over the next few days, but would be interested to hear if anyone can advise.

•—•
4 hours ago, wehweh01 said:

I almost feel like it's not needed for Slippery loadouts but it seems just as important. Besides, it has damage reduce when maxed.

I always have Slippery III + Never Without One III together in Showdown. By the time someone headshots my hat off, I dodge and switch on Slippery III. So they do go well together.

6 hours ago, IamCourtney said:

For PvP, yeah. And in free roam.

Ryan5252
On 2/11/2019 at 3:46 AM, Ektope said:

I always have Slippery III + Never Without One III together in Showdown. By the time someone headshots my hat off, I dodge and switch on Slippery III. So they do go well together.

For PvP, yeah. And in free roam.

Which is grand for the first attempted kill of the session but seeing as you don't respawn with your hat, and you can't pick your hat back up, your left the rest of the match taking increased damage. Or do you switch your cards around at that point?

(Obviously only applies to matches where you spawn in your own clothing like Most Wanted or Name Your Weapons FFA)

BUT THE BENZ
On 2/8/2019 at 1:10 PM, BUT THE BENZ said:

well, 3 weeks later or so, currently rank 45, I've bought a few more cards. all maxed out on tier1 by now. I am somewhat tempted to upgrade some of them...gotta stay strong and not do it though!

damn, I am weak and spent some hard earned dollars...made several tier2 upgrades!

hit rank 50 and felt like it was either now or never, I had/have about 5000 $ so I ain't totally depleting my cash, just giving up a big chunk I guess.

I upgraded:

the unblinking eye

slow and steady

paint it black

combat abilities, horseman and winning streak, don't need to be tier2 for now.

just wondering which recovery ability I should upgrade: strange medicine, peak condition, or eye for an eye!? someone said the latter wouldn't give that much dead eye anways, don't know really.

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

Talisman_83
52 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

just wondering which recovery ability I should upgrade: strange medicine, peak condition, or eye for an eye!? someone said the latter wouldn't give that much dead eye anways, don't know really.

At Tier 3, all of those cards are great.

I'm currently running:

Slow and Steady

Unblinking Eye

Peak Condition - as long as you don't sprint, it feels like you're punching a hole in your enemy

and occasionally switch between Strange Medicine and Eye for an Eye (the former when I'm running low on health tonics and need to regain health as much as possible, the latter used when I need to use dead eye extensively in a fight and I'm running low on snake oil)

Edited by Talisman_83

•—•
1 hour ago, Ryan5252 said:

Which is grand for the first attempted kill of the session but seeing as you don't respawn with your hat, and you can't pick your hat back up, your left the rest of the match taking increased damage. Or do you switch your cards around at that point?

(Obviously only applies to matches where you spawn in your own clothing like Most Wanted or Name Your Weapons FFA)

I put my hat back on through posse menu. It does apply to Most Wanted ane Name Your Weapon (Free For All).

Ryan5252
Just now, Ektope said:

I put my hat back on through posse menu. It does apply to Most Wanted ane Name Your Weapon (Free For All).

That's a game changer, I was sure I tried that back at the start but it didn't allow me. Must have made it up. Nice one 👍

•—•
3 minutes ago, Ryan5252 said:

That's a game changer, I was sure I tried that back at the start but it didn't allow me. Must have made it up. Nice one 👍

Press Left > Players > Your Gamertag > View Posse > Settings > Outfit Style > Change to Big City / Rugged / None.

You're welcome.

Dr.Rosenthal

Anybody have any experience using Cold Blooded (”After killing an enemy you will regain a little health over the next 5 seconds.”)?

Seems better to me compared to Strange Medicine since Strange Medicine has ”Your health otherwise regenerates at half the normal rate.” included.

•—•
34 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

Anybody have any experience using Cold Blooded (”After killing an enemy you will regain a little health over the next 5 seconds.”)?

Seems better to me compared to Strange Medicine since Strange Medicine has ”Your health otherwise regenerates at half the normal rate.” included.

I always preferred Stranger Medicine III over Cold Blooded III.

Body shots with Strange Medicine III could regenerate a lot more than Cold Blooded III.

If it was a single target and you're only gonna headshot them. That's just one shot. Then Cold Blooded III might be better. Strange Medicine III gives HP after every shot.

When there's a lot of enemies spawning, I'd prefer to regenerate my HP instantly after each headshots.

TL:DR:

Single target one shot - Cold Blooded III

Multiple targets / body shots - Strange Medicine III

Health regenerating at half the normal rate, isn't even an issue.

Edited by Ektope

Dr.Rosenthal

Thanks @Ektope, much appreciated. 👍

rusbeckia
5 hours ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

!? someone said the latter wouldn't give that much dead eye anways, don't know really.

Eye for an eye tier III fills up dead eye to more than a quarter on the first kill when it‘s completely drained before. 

I pretty much never run out of dead eye when it‘s equipped.

Also you can fill up dead eye easily in freeroam by killing 4-5 npcs or animals.

Edited by rusbeckia

IamCourtney

Is Strange Medicine's healing-per-shot based on the damage each shot does, or is it just a flat value no matter what?

eg. Would a hit from a Varmint round heal for the same amount as an Express round from a Springfield?

Chrismads
4 hours ago, Ektope said:

Press Left > Players > Your Gamertag > View Posse > Settings > Outfit Style > Change to Big City / Rugged / None.

You're welcome.

So changing outfits from and back to "none" will also let you respawn w a hat?

•—•
1 hour ago, IamCourtney said:

Is Strange Medicine's healing-per-shot based on the damage each shot does, or is it just a flat value no matter what?

eg. Would a hit from a Varmint round heal for the same amount as an Express round from a Springfield?

I believe it's flat value. The only thing that changes the healing rate should be the tier of the card. Like tier I says it regenerates little HP. Moderate HP for tier II. Then heals a lot from tier III.

1 hour ago, Chrismads said:

So changing outfits from and back to "none" will also let you respawn w a hat?

Sometimes. But most of the time when I change from none to big city / rugged then back to none. My hat on "none" is still shot off. So big city and rugged are more reliable to change to.

BUT THE BENZ

upgraded "eye for an eye", along with "winning streak" and probably gonna upgrade more if not ALL cards - because what do I need the dollars for anyways?!

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

wehweh01
4 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

upgraded "eye for an eye", along with "winning streak" and probably gonna upgrade more if not ALL cards - because what do I need the dollars for anyways?!

Febuary 26th yo...

BUT THE BENZ

I will buy a new coat or two, but what else will there be to buy?!

if they add new guns I might buy 1 or 2...though really I'm already set. quality over quantity!

I just want my goddamn STUBBLE to show, and many pieces of clothing to choose from.

and free aim lobbies but R* doesn't even know how to do this

jamsroob

Untill level 36 or so I didn't noticed the game-changing aspect of these cards. Now I'm level 48 and I mostly do the story-missions and a race now and them. Also hunting and stranger-missions in free roam as well, but the disconnection-errors make me not to do them at busy times at the servers (like early in the evening). So I searched for a loadout that fits my gameplay and now I've got:

- Slow and Steady (I'll change this one to Slippery Bastard when I hit level 50)

- Horseman II

- Peak Condition II

- Never Without One II

What do you guys think? Does this fit my pve-style?

Edited by jamsroob
Typo

ALifeOfMisery
7 minutes ago, jamsroob said:

Untill level 36 or so I didn't noticed the game-changing aspect of these cards. Now I'm level 48 and I mostly do the story-missions and a race now and them. Also hunting and stranger-missions in free roam as well, but the disconnection-errors make me not to do them at busy times at the servers (like early in the evening). So I searched for a loadout that fits my gameplay and now I've got:

- Slow and Steady (I'll change this one to Slippery Bastard when I hit level 50)

- Horseman II

- Peak Condition II

- Never Without One II

You're on your way to my main load out. I'm mainly PvE unless I'm forced into PvP.

- Slow & Steady 3

- Horseman 3

- Peak Condition 3

- Never Without One 3

I swap Slow & Steady 3 with Slippery Bastard 3 depending on whether I plan on fight or flight in any given situation.

I very rarely get caught out with anything on the line in freeroam now. I think the load out is a good balance of being able to hit hard and being hard to kill while on horseback.

•—•
33 minutes ago, jamsroob said:

- Horseman II

- Peak Condition II

- Never Without One II

I don't think Slippery Bastard III works against NPC AI enemies. They have aimbots.

BearChow
1 hour ago, Ektope said:

I don't think Slippery Bastard III works against NPC AI enemies. They have aimbots.

Yes it does. I been using that card for while. The ai enemies just have harder time hitting you. I seen it my self. 

I been mainly using that card for pvp. Having a blast with it!

wehweh01
1 hour ago, Ektope said:

It works but not as much I'd like it to. Guess it'd be broken as hell for PVE if it made you nearly untouchable. Also, it sure as hell doesn't have an effect on Teddy Brown :p

Image result for teddy brown armor