1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Can't connect to Social Club, can't even connect to the website

KingRioichi

Just now, M.Sultan said:

Have you tried trying to connect during the day compared to at night? It seems for me that I can connect when less people are online during the day but at night its just not happening lmao

Even right now I'm not able to play almost 15 hours later.

So, I've just created an account here to post what I did that solved this problem for me, and I hope it'll fix for you guys too.

I went into my modem configs (that website that you access when you type an IP in the browser search box) and did a factory reset. Mine was in: System > Backup / Restore > Restore Default Settings.

(Don't forget that you'll need to set a new password to your Wi-Fi after the reset).

After the website confirmed it was restoring to the factory settings, I removed the ethernet cable from my computer, I don't know if this is necessary, but I thought I should do it.

Then I went into Windows Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network Reset > Reset Now, waited the 5 minutes and the computer restarted, when it booted I plugged the ethernet cable back in.

That's it. This fixed it for me after I tried literally everything.

I really hope this helps you all, it's a really annoying problem. Good luck!

Edited by desze
Added more information on the modem reset
8 hours ago, desze said:

So, I've just created an account here to post what I did that solved this problem for me, and I hope it'll fix for you guys too.

I went into my modem configs (that website that you access when you type an IP in the browser search box) and did a factory reset. Mine was in: System > Backup / Restore > Restore Default Settings.

(Don't forget that you'll need to set a new password to your Wi-Fi after the reset).

After the website confirmed it was restoring to the factory settings, I removed the ethernet cable from my computer, I don't know if this is necessary, but I thought I should do it.

Then I went into Windows Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network Reset > Reset Now, waited the 5 minutes and the computer restarted, when it booted I plugged the ethernet cable back in.

That's it. This fixed it for me after I tried literally everything.

I really hope this helps you all, it's a really annoying problem. Good luck!

Yeah that's what I did first time... No luck...

55 minutes ago, Syler73 said:

Yeah that's what I did first time... No luck...

Sorry to hear that.
I saw some people saying that contacting your ISP solved the problem.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, BelegUS said:

Same problem here. ISP nor Rockstar Support aren't very supportive. Any ideas, solutions...?

Nobody is supportive in that regard been suffering in that regard myself I should have gone with the cracks :V 

4 hours ago, MariasFido said:

Nobody is supportive in that regard been suffering in that regard myself I should have gone with the cracks :V 

Thing is, I play Online only.

2 hours ago, BelegUS said:

Thing is, I play Online only.

Well I tried pretty much every R* game that uses Social Club and I can't play any of them online GTA 4 even refuses to load my progress thankfully I can continue offline in the later games

OKAY EVERYONE !!! 

i was having a ton of problems after getting new internet and moving... it felt as though i couldn't connect to ANYTHING with social club in its name, not to login, to go to the website, to play the game NOTHING was working.. so i did some trouble shooting, i tried other computers on my network my cell phone,  nothing would connect to the social club site, I determined it was connected and if i could get the site working i could play the game. 

AND I FOUND IT, easy anyone can do. so to get it working ? well if you switch to using data, instead of wifi on your phone the site opens up .. okay thats great and all but how does this help the computer ? well i was thinking, if I went on data on my phone, and usb teathered the connect, of hotspot the data on my computer it would work.. and it did ! the best part? it will use NO data. 

so hot spot  your data to your computer so your computer is using you phones data connection, if your computer isn't wireless USB tether it. go to the site social club on rockstar games.  then start up gta 5. it will connect to social club, let the game load up to where you can move your character.. and then switch to your normal wifi again, and bam ! the game stays working ! no data, no hassle, the only thing is everytime you want to play, you have to switch to data to login that's it it is JUST for the login to social club, after that its fine, it will say saving failed as you are playing, but before you are done playing connect back with you data, and leave the game thats all ! 

(i will be posting a youtube video about this later today will update with link when done) 

Edited by ProabisHD
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 9:22 PM, ProabisHD said:

-snip-

Can confirm, this works flawlessly. I couldn't even access the RGSC website on Wi-Fi and this trick fixed it. 

On 1/8/2021 at 9:44 PM, Syler73 said:

I just want to play damn game, funny thing is that socialclub blocked=no R* game launcher=no game purchases via R* warehouse AWESOME BUSINESS RUNNING FROM R* TEAM Responsible for Servers/OnlineServices.

I actually have amazing experience with R* support... I would contact them if I could ACCESS SOCIALCLUB.

have u found a way?

I was poking around for something else and found something that might be applicable here, I think (I am an idiot) that RSGS are cached by Akamai?

What does this tool say when you visit, if you're having this problem?

https://www.akamai.com/us/en/clientrep-lookup/

(It didn't even work for me but that might be my adblockers and ion cannons and wotnot)

Edit - worked in Chrome. I'm a good IP.

Edited by Gridl0k
KaelaniSalami

I know this is three years too late, but this is for anyone else who has had this problem. I created an account just for this. I had to uninstall the social club launcher, and via mobile hotspot on my phone, go onto the social club website and reinstall using 68 mb of data on my hotspot. But, once it is installed again, you can switch over to your regular wifi and it should work like a charm.

*NOTE* Let the social club launcher start while still on your phones hotspot, once it is downloaded again and you have the option to start the game you can go on regular wifi