4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Reyvar

Weapon Devouring Horse

Reyvar

Out of curiosity, is anyone else beyond fed up with this idiotic weapon "storage" system? Every single time I get on my horse the weapons I carry around 100% of the time, literally the only ones I ever want to use, are placed back on my horse. 90% of the time, I get off my horse and different weapons are in their place. Namely, my repeater and shotgun - neither of which I use at all. 10% of the time I get off my horse and I have only my pistols.

I literally just got to wrestle with a panther because I got off my horse and walked into the woods to hunt one, only to find that the bow and rifle I had selected had been randomly left on my horse and I had empty slots. Not a fun experience, let me tell you. This is very much my single largest complaint about RDR2, and it's beyond me how the game got out the door with weapon storage working this way.

mde2

It's not inherently bad but yeah it gets pretty frustrating in this game. Every time I've got a good loadout equipped somehow my weapons keep mysteriously changing and by the time I'm like 100 metres away from my horse I realise that I somehow have a shotgun instead of my rolling block or just no guns at all (minus my six shooters). I think the system is meant to make you prepare before you move away from your horse and be a bit more conscious about what you're doing but most of the time its just annoying.

Edited by mde2

Reyvar
12 minutes ago, mde2 said:

It's not inherently bad but yeah it gets pretty frustrating in this game. Every time I've got a good loadout equipped somehow my weapons keep mysteriously changing and by the time I'm like 100 metres away from my horse I realise that I somehow have a shotgun instead of my rolling block or just no guns at all (minus my six shooters). I think the system is meant to make you prepare before you move away from your horse and be a bit more conscious about what you're doing but most of the time its just annoying.

It'd be fine, if I manually put my guns away on the horse. Instead the game just randomly decides to do it, or randomly mixes up the guns you already had. That's the issue - if it didn't do that, I'd be great with it.

CryptReaperDorian

There REALLY should be a way to disable the automatic weapon storage. R* wants us to press a button for every other little action in the game, but this is just about the sole feature that the player character automatically does by his or her self with no input from the player whatsoever.

Furthermore, there should be a gun locker at camp that contains all of your weapons, and then you should be able to tag what all appears on your horse (store only what you want and reduce clutter on your mount and person). Implementing this feature should also mean that you'd be able to own two or more of each two-handed gun and three or more of each one-handed gun. This being for the purpose of having multiple customized variations of each gun.

Edited by CryptReaperDorian

SeniorDerp

After the recent patch any time I dismount I’m automatically given guns I have selected in my weapon wheel, even if they’re visibly stored on my horse

I haven’t done any story missions since the update so I’m unsure if the sort of “default” weapon loadout is still a thing. That def was a pain in the ass

Edited by SeniorDerp

pie4july

My biggest complaint is putting weapons on Arthur's back, only for him to restore them on the horse. Then a mission starts and I am in a firefight with only two pistols while my rifle and shotgun are stuck on a horse...

It seemed to happen for most missions. Why let me buy guys if I can't use them?

Sometimes when you're walking during a story mission, I've gone back to get my guns only to find my weapons are inaccessible or the weapons I've chosen have been replaced after a cut scene.

Drake713

The worst part is when you have the weapon in your damned HANDS and the horse still rips it away from you

Deadman2112

I've found a few ways around this, however they are not very practical...

One is to, Ride triggered lol

Pun intended...

First select the guns you want him to have before you get on. Then once on the horse just hold the L2 (left trigger). Even if you stop he will not put the guns away.

The down side is that you have to hold the button down in order for this to work. If you let go, you will only have a few seconds before he starts to put them away.

And

You can not clam the horse while holding the trigger button.

The up side to this is a quick tap of the R2 (right trigger) and your ready to fire with your last selected weapon.

Another option is to Have 2 fast horses and just ride the unsaddled one. Then he can't put them away.

The down side is you have to ride the horse that doesn't gain the benefits of your purchased saddle.

The up side is having a second horse offers you a few benefits like...

...The ability to bring in 2 large pelts at a time.

...If one horse runs out of stamina simply whilst for the other horse and jump on it when it gets close and instantly you have a fresh horse to ride.

The last option is to Have a gun or a knife in your hands while riding.

The down side to this is, I find you can't hit the maximum speed (I could be mistaken about this, and it might just be an optical illusion.)

The up side is you don't put your guns away lol.

Like I said, none are very practical, but they do work. I have found using all 3 of the options listed above does work fine for certain given situations.

The thing I don't understand about this is...

In online, the weapons you have selected immediately show up when you get off your horse.

...yet we all know what happens in single player.

So, why doesn't it work the same way in both game modes?

Edited by Deadman2112

Fluffy Sock

You tell me.......

Riding on your horse, with no gun in hand. A predator appears, the skittish f*ck throws you off and runs away. You're stuck with 2 pistols against a beast, or more.😓

Cutter De Blanc

f*ckin Rifle in hand and the horse hits a tree, I am dismounted and the rifle has been stored on the horse, what the f*ck