Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. DLC
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
      7. The Diamond Casino Heist
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Domac

This game is the best one I've ever played

Recommended Posts

Domac

I finished the game a few days ago, and OMG, this game is a masterpiece. It's been a really  long time since I've played a game this good (the last good one I played before this was Mafia III), but now, R* Games amazed me again. The story, gameplay, and damn, they even fixed the physics!

So, yeah, all in all, another masterpiece, thanks Rockstar Games. This and GTA SA are my favourite games of all time, no doubt.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gray-Hand

My wife realised I was going to go missing for a month after the game came out, so she made me buy her a copy.

She finished it in 3 weeks (two weeks before me) and cried repeatedly after she figured out Arthur was going to die.  She deliberately did every side mission she could find in chapter 6 in order to keep playing with Arthur for as long as possible.

This is a 40 year old woman who has never played a Triple A game or even finished a computer game if any kind.

 

It is a good game, with surprisingly wide appeal.

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest176525326
1 hour ago, Domac said:

I finished the game a few days ago, and OMG, this game is a masterpiece. It's been a really  long time since I've played a game this good (the last good one I played before this was Mafia III), but now, R* Games amazed me again. The story, gameplay, and damn, they even fixed the physics!

So, yeah, all in all, another masterpiece, thanks Rockstar Games. This and GTA SA are my favourite games of all time, no doubt.

What do you mean by fixed the physics? There was nothing wrong with it in RDR.

 

But I do agree, it’s the game of the decade for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nutduster
1 hour ago, O.Z said:

What do you mean by fixed the physics? There was nothing wrong with it in RDR.

 

Assume this is a reference to the much-derided physics of GTA V, which were pretty simplified and cartoonish compared to both RDR and GTA IV.  And yes, I LOVE the physics in RDR2.  Shooting riders off their horses is gratifying each and every time, the physics engine half the time generates some crazy-looking (and painful-looking) results.

Edited by Nutduster
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnimalFather

you need to play better games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simpjkee
Just now, AnimalFather said:

you need to play better games

any suggestions?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nutduster
1 minute ago, AnimalFather said:

you need to play better games

 

You need to stop trolling before an admin turns you into a smudge on the pavement.

 

1 minute ago, simpjkee said:

any suggestions?

 

My suggestion would be don't pay attention to him. He wrote a giant diatribe about how bad the game's story is and copy-pasted it to a bunch of different forums.  Just seeking attention.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simpjkee

If there is a game out there that is better than rdr or rdr2 I want to play it. That's got to be an incredible game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnimalFather
11 minutes ago, simpjkee said:

any suggestions?

This gen i would recommend:

 

Life is Strange (1) skip all the DLC and spinoffs

Axiom Verge

Inside

Edit: Alien Isolation

Edited by AnimalFather

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simpjkee
Just now, AnimalFather said:

This gen i would recommend:

 

Life is Strange (1) skip all the DLC and spinoffs

Axiom Verge

Inside

I've played Inside and Life is Strange. They were good, but not RDR2 good. I've Axiom Verge is really good, but I'm not as in to that genre as I played those kinds of games when they were all that was around in the 80's-90's

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnimalFather
2 minutes ago, simpjkee said:

I've played Inside and Life is Strange. They were good, but not RDR2 good. I've Axiom Verge is really good, but I'm not as in to that genre as I played those kinds of games when they were all that was around in the 80's-90's

i forgot about Alien Isolation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xerukal

It really is something special. It has many faults (mostly small gameplay issues and mission design), but none of them keep it from being an incredibly moving and deep experience. 

 

As far as prequels go, this is easily the best one I've ever played. The way it affects RDR1, the complicated and troubled history of the gang. You really feel it. The best franchise prequels make the sequels feel richer and more grand. This is definitely the best one. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnimalFather

The best Red Dead Redemption story is what happens before Black Water. When Arthur is young and its the Golden Age of cowboys. That story has still not been told. 

Hoping it will happen in RDR3.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simpjkee

The only game that comes close to RDR2 and RDR1 for me is The Last of Us. It was the only game I played multiple times so I could watch the cutscenes and learn more and more about the story. I would say that The Last of Us Left Behind is the best DLC I've ever played..... better that Undead Nightmare. Looking very much forward to TLOU2.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DiEgOw_CrAzY
13 minutes ago, simpjkee said:

If there is a game out there that is better than rdr or rdr2 I want to play it. That's got to be an incredible game.

GTA IV is the magnum opus game. Just as good as RDR and RDR2

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnimalFather
Just now, simpjkee said:

The only game that comes close to RDR2 and RDR1 for me is The Last of Us. It was the only game I played multiple times so I could watch the cutscenes and learn more and more about the story. I would say that The Last of Us Left Behind is the best DLC I've ever played..... better that Undead Nightmare. Looking very much forward to TLOU2.

Im glad we agree on something. TLOU is a masterpiece. Unfortunately the SJW have taken over the development of TLOU2 and the things that made the first game special is now gone eg Ellie being a butch lesbian.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simpjkee
1 minute ago, AnimalFather said:

Im glad we agree on something. TLOU is a masterpiece. Unfortunately the SJW have taken over the development of TLOU2 and the things that made the first game special is now gone eg Ellie being a butch lesbian.

I don't know how her being a lesbian means the things that made the first game special are now gone. Homosexuals exist. Having a homosexual video game character does not make you a SJW. It's just a representation of the world we live in.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnimalFather
Just now, simpjkee said:

I don't know how her being a lesbian means the things that made the first game special are now gone. Homosexuals exist. Having a homosexual video game character does not make you a SJW. It's just a representation of the world we live in.

im not touching that with a 20ft pole. but i would say what made the game special was Joel/You sense of protecting the little girl. That is now gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood
29 minutes ago, AnimalFather said:

you need to play better games

such as?

I'm always looking for something new.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simpjkee
Just now, AnimalFather said:

im not touching that with a 20ft pole. but i would say what made the game special was Joel/You sense of protecting the little girl. That is now gone.

Well I think it's way too early to tell. The game hasn't even released yet and the trailers so far have hardly even mentioned the story, Joel, or the infected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nutduster
18 minutes ago, AnimalFather said:

Im glad we agree on something. TLOU is a masterpiece. Unfortunately the SJW have taken over the development of TLOU2 and the things that made the first game special is now gone eg Ellie being a butch lesbian.

 

You are just full of terrible takes.

 

Ellie's character in the trailers we've seen is completely consistent with her character in the original game.  She's tomboyish and independent even as a kid.  And oh yeah, a lesbian also, on the basis of the DLC they released less than a year after the game.  She hasn't changed, she just got older and angrier. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnimalFather
2 minutes ago, Nutduster said:

She hasn't changed, she just got older and angrier. 

 

yLceXci.gif

Edited by AnimalFather

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nutduster
5 minutes ago, AnimalFather said:

 

yLceXci.gif

 

Cool reply. I look forward to enjoying another great game when it comes out while you're cry-assing across multiple forums about how the SJWs are ruining society.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25

Incredible how completely different types of games called LiS and INSIDE are being compared to RDR2. That's when you know the species living on this planet are special. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnimalFather
1 minute ago, Nutduster said:

 

Cool reply. I look forward to enjoying another great game when it comes out while you're cry-assing across multiple forums about how the SJWs are ruining society.

i really dont do that its a moot point this is the standard today. i will however "cry-ass" over a poorly executed story in a popular videogame that I otherwise liked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25

Though I agree with you on TLOU 2.I mean we know she is a lesbian but why should they throw it in our f*cking face in a gameplay trailer. It's like they wanna force their ideas through your skull.  

Edited by TheSantader25
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nutduster
8 minutes ago, AnimalFather said:

i really dont do that its a moot point this is the standard today. i will however "cry-ass" over a poorly executed story in a popular videogame that I otherwise liked.

 

They made a choice you didn't like, boo hoo.  There are some issues with the RDR2 story (pacing, too many loose ends that don't contribute to the whole) - but basically you're just complaining because you wanted the story to be set in the golden age of cowboys when the gang was riding high, and they wanted to instead make a dark game about the dying days of the west.  That's not criticism, that's just you and them disagreeing about what the story should be. 

4 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Though I agree with you on TLOU 2.I mean we know she is a lesbian but why should they throw it in our f*cking face in a gameplay trailer. It's like they wanna throw their ideas into your face. 

 

These are intensely character-focused narrative games.  That's the character. 

 

FFS, when Uncharted 4 had a prominent scene of Nathan kissing Elena, everyone is all "OH THE AWESOME KISSING ANIMATION!"  Then TLOU2 has Ellie kissing a girl and I have to listen to a thousand rants about the downfall of civilization.  Some people are gay, f*cking get over it already.

Edited by Nutduster
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
7 minutes ago, Nutduster said:

 

 

FFS, when Uncharted 4 had a prominent scene of Nathan kissing Elena, everyone is all "OH THE AWESOME KISSING ANIMATION!"  Then TLOU2 has Ellie kissing a girl and I have to listen to a thousand rants about the downfall of civilization.  Some people are gay, f*cking get over it already.

I wanna say some of my ideas about this whole thing but I might get banned so. Basically know that I feel like they are overdoing it and forcing it down on your throat.it feels like Like 90% of the people are gay the way they are portraying it nowadays. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnimalFather
23 minutes ago, Nutduster said:

 

They made a choice you didn't like, boo hoo.  

I am ok with any choice a developer makes I do have preferences though but the execution needs to be handled properly, it wasn't in this case.

Edited by AnimalFather
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.