3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Tengerecki

What happened to GTA (Online)?

Tengerecki

Take a look at the latest update. This 'Arena' update...what happened to Rockstar? This game isn't even GTA anymore, it's a piece of sh*t.

cp1dell

It’s because they have a small team dedicated to GTAO. Meanwhile the rest of the company works on the actual good sh*t like their next SP game.

How this sh*t gets approved though and released is beyond me. I get the idea these guys are completely unmonitored. I’m interested how/if GTA VI will deal with the strange canon GTAO has introduced, as well as dealing with the amount of content presented in the next SP release when they have the monster of content that is GTAO to compare to.

Zello

I like to think that online isnt canon.

mde2

It's not "what happened to Rockstar" it's "what the f*ck are the team behind GTA Online thinking?".

Cunning Stunts was when they really pushed the bar for the stupid sh*t that was starting to happen but if it makes you feel any better, this arena update is probably the least...far out thing we've seen thus far. In fact I'd say vehicular combat in this style actually sort of suits GTA in it's own sadistic way, especially in this post-Saints Row mindset R* seems to be stuck in, in relation to the GTA series.

Journey_95

GTA:O is garbage, nothing new. As long as this sh*t stays away from the SP I don't really care, I couldn't give less f*cks about GTA:O

TheSantader25

GTA O ended after the heists update. The rest is Rockstar's new IP called "Edgy Online". Don't worry about it. It's a sh*t game. They even f*cked up their own timeline and story in this. Which is more of a reason to believe it's not canon after the heists update. It's simply a cash cow. Whenever the investors need more money the online team who have no idea about GTA and are free to release anything online release a new Mindless update to feed the investors. 

Edited by TheSantader25

mjace72

It's a means to keep pc users spending while they continue to deprive us of the Red Dead Franchise.  Why I'm deprived because some pretend to be hackers can best the glorious Rockstar team on any given day will never make sense to me but maybe I'm bias.  I still remember when Rockstar was cool, but it's so long ago.  My name ain't Benjamin, so it's not all about me.

JuliusCaesar

The audience has changed significantly across the board in video games, is the short answer.

Smokewood
On 12/17/2018 at 6:45 AM, Tengerecki said:

Take a look at the latest update. This 'Arena' update...what happened to Rockstar? This game isn't even GTA anymore, it's a piece of sh*t.

I love arena wars. It's a really cool change of pace from the rest of the game.

gtafaninwest

Cockstar has becoming like most gaming companies. Abandoning their OG fanbase and catering to children. They lost their way around the time of the HD universe, notably during the PC version of GTA IV.

Online doesn't even seem canon anymore.

Edited by gtafaninwest

Tengerecki
On 12/18/2018 at 8:28 PM, JuliusCaesar said:

The audience has changed significantly across the board in video games, is the short answer.

Ex-f*cking-actly, that's what I think too. These Fortnite kids have made their way to GTA. I bet they never even touched the SP part of the game. They jump straight into that chaotic mess that we call GTA Online. I mean...I totally get it, the world's changing, cool, awesome but why ruin a franchise like this? Why can't the devs or Rockstar like stay real? Not being a fake tw*t used to make a difference...they kept it real but now it's nothing but dumb idiotic-ass ideas and crash grab like there's no tomorrow. Scr*w it. I'm disappointed.

How can Rockstar just literally sh*t on their die-hard fanbase? Fans like me, fans like you, some of us, who have been supporting GTA since day one. This s*cks. :@

I'm starting to think GTA:O is one of the reasons why GTA VI is being 'delayed'. Don't stone me I know there are several other factors such as waiting for next gen of consoles, etc...all that, yeah.

I wonder what the next GTA will be like. (probably awful, just like GTA: O now)

Edited by Tengerecki

TheSantader25

This sh*t won't make it's way to GTA VI SP. Mark my words. If it does I will be pretty much done with video games. 

JuliusCaesar
7 hours ago, Tengerecki said:

Ex-f*cking-actly, that's what I think too. These Fortnite kids have made their way to GTA. I bet they never even touched the SP part of the game. They jump straight into that chaotic mess that we call GTA Online. I mean...I totally get it, the world's changing, cool, awesome but why ruin a franchise like this? Why can't the devs or Rockstar if you like stay real? Not being a fake tw*t used to make a difference...they kept it real but now it's nothing but dumb idiotic-ass ideas and crash grab like there's no tomorrow. Scr*w it. I'm disappointed.

How can Rockstar just literally sh*t on their die-hard fanbase? Fans like me, fans like you, some of us, who have been supporting GTA since day one. This s*cks. :@

I'm starting to think GTA:O is one of the reasons why GTA VI is being 'delayed'. Don't stone me I know there are several other factors such as waiting for next gen of consoles, etc...all that, yeah.

I wonder what the next GTA will be like. (probably awful, just like GTA: O now)

Indeed, if you go onto PS4 and look at Achievement percentages, it becomes very clear the real reason there was no SP DLC. I haven't looked in a while, but it was less than 5 percent on many of the simple things that you automatically unlock as you go through the story as late as early this year.

If Leslie Benzies' allegations that Online was all him, and the Housers did not like or want any part of it and only cared about single player (like most of us vocal/participant community fans), then there's a good chance that SP will take a bigger cue. 

GTAOnline was SUPPOSED to be a stand alone game (this was in the works for a long time, there are take2 slide presentation images for investor meetings and such that talk about it, it was supposed to be out in 2011) - it's all a mess, GTA V probably wasn't even supposed to be part of the whole thing that became GTAOnline. It was supposed to be stand alone, then it was tied to V. 

Of course, it's a money printer, so they might also not care about SP anymore either.

Edited by JuliusCaesar

LorshZontek

greed 

cp1dell

What is with this personal hatred towards Rockstar, and “doomsday prophesizing” of their future games? We know they have a small (and sh*tty) team of devs dedicated to just GTAO.

Remember when people were freaking out about the future of Rockstar games because of GTAO and worried about their single player games, specifically RDR2?

Well? What happened to that? Is your excuse now going to be “oh no but that was in development before/during GTAO’s success.” When will it end?

American Venom

See the source image

In the words of Arthur Morgan it's all about the "Muneh".

Bad Azz

To me, the debut of GTA Online was grandiose. The prospect of a glorified single player experience with your own character and your friends. Climbing up the ladder of organised crime in Los Santos. I am a purely single player gamer, yet for once I found GTA Online to be a better and more complete experience than GTA V in itself.

I've stopped playing regularly around mid to late 2015, so I've kind of lost track of the updates timeline. Every 3 or 4 months, I will buy myself  a PS + card and intensively jump into GTA Online for month or two so that I get my fix.

I think that Heists were the trigger. We were promised Heist would be available at the very beginning of GTA Online, yet we had to wait to for a new gen console and a full additional year of development. Finally, the Heist update has only seen the light of the day in 2015. That's crazy when you think about, and that's why I think it was a triggering event in deciding the future and coming direction of GTA Online.

They deserved all the backlash they received for this f*ck up. 2 years late!! Lol. By this time it's certain they had realised that they were a bit too ambitious comparatively to what they could actually deliver. 

Narrative wise, it's true that after the Heists the game as gone to sh*t. Arena Wars, Doomsday Stuff, Cunning Stunt and Hot Rod races. 

But one thing about Online, is that you can genuinely enjoy the game without even being bothered by that stuff. 

That's what I do, and always have done. So I know you can if you want! 

But yeah, I defintely agree with the fact that the gaming community as drastically evolved in the within the last decade. This is the future of Online games. Repetitive and addicting simple mechanics.

Welcome to the mobile and ADHD era, where games of real substance are a thing of the past. People simply do not have the intelligence and attention span to play video games anymore. 

As if gaming required any type of intelligence in the first place! Lol. The future of humanity doesn't look too good when we think about it this way.  

Compute

There's barely any new content for story mode, yet they keep adding junk to online mode.

Lioshenka

I don't know what happened to GTA On-line. I launched it like 5 times, found it to be an utter sh*t, and have not launched it since. I have not launched the game for a good few months either - up until earlier this evening, when it demanded that I download a 9Gb patch (presumably for On-line).

Needless to say, I have no intentions to launching the game again this festive season.

JuliusCaesar
On 12/17/2018 at 8:54 AM, cp1dell said:

It’s because they have a small team dedicated to GTAO. Meanwhile the rest of the company works on the actual good sh*t like their next SP game.

How this sh*t gets approved though and released is beyond me. I get the idea these guys are completely unmonitored. I’m interested how/if GTA VI will deal with the strange canon GTAO has introduced, as well as dealing with the amount of content presented in the next SP release when they have the monster of content that is GTAO to compare to.

It could be setting us up for the fantastical over the top futurism of GTA 2, as a face-lift to the series. I really hope not, but that could be why they are incrementally changing the entire metaverse in Online. It could just be sort of like Call of Duty WWII where they kept the SP campaign "somewhat accurate as a fictional story can be, at least", but went all out on the MP since it's just fun compared to a "story" in the single player. Like they have all the weird outfits, zombie and winter themed clothes, male or female infantry, that stuff. It could be either, or neither of course. But I wonder, and really hope not. I hope they are smart enough to keep iterating what they have been iterating.

Edited by JuliusCaesar

Tengerecki
On 12/29/2018 at 9:19 PM, Lioshenka said:

I don't know what happened to GTA On-line. I launched it like 5 times, found it to be an utter sh*t, and have not launched it since. I have not launched the game for a good few months either - up until earlier this evening, when it demanded that I download a 9Gb patch (presumably for On-line).

Needless to say, I have no intentions to launching the game again this festive season.

Check this 'up n atomizer' gun, and that laser beam shooting-ass minigun. LOL Rockstar is going r*tarded. Also you're right they don't even give a sh*t if you got more free space left on your HDD or SSD. No more free space? You can't update GTA O, you can't play GTA O! Buy a new hard drive in order to download this 9GB update and be able to goddamn play. You poor sh*t! You wanna get millions in GTA O? Buy Shark Cards for 70 dollars each. Or die trying to grind your ass off, go ahead grind for months just to get 20 mill. Or pick up some modded money but then we'll ban your goddamn account even if you've never cheated.

Rockstar is worse than EA in my eyes. They really went low. Shame.