Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTAForums Annual Awards 2018

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

mustafa the king

why no bikes in gta 3

Recommended Posts

mustafa the king

if rockstar games but the bikes the game will be easy and funny and be like gta vc but they never but it why what do you think about it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTAFanLuca

According to a story perspective, in GTA LCS there was a campaign for banning motorbike usage in Liberty City. Considering that LCS takes place in 1998, it makes sense to see no bikes in GTA III in 2001. But the real explanation behind it is that apparently Rockstar Games didn't have enough knowledge when it came to programming bikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tao Cheng
7 hours ago, GTAFanLuca said:

 But the real explanation behind it is that apparently Rockstar Games didn't have enough knowledge when it came to programming bikes.

Similar to how GTAIV didn't have special abilities or the ability to switch multiple weapon types.

Motorcycles were innovative when Vice City happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
American Venom
On 12/18/2018 at 1:45 AM, GTAFanLuca said:

According to a story perspective, in GTA LCS there was a campaign for banning motorbike usage in Liberty City. Considering that LCS takes place in 1998, it makes sense to see no bikes in GTA III in 2001. But the real explanation behind it is that apparently Rockstar Games didn't have enough knowledge when it came to programming bikes.

The 2D era had bikes though. I think it probably has more to do with just like how GTA IV had to start from scratch GTA III was such a big leap certain compromises had to be made and/or they just didn't have the time to add bikes in and made up an in game explanation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
just do it bob1
On 12/20/2018 at 3:55 AM, Miamivicecity said:

The 2D era had bikes though. I think it probably has more to do with just like how GTA IV had to start from scratch GTA III was such a big leap certain compromises had to be made and/or they just didn't have the time to add bikes in and made up an in game explanation.

the 2D era wasn't as detailed tho. This is probably why they had bikes? 3D was very different back then are were probably still working around the bugs to get it working. When VC added bikes, it was innovative for that time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evil empire

I think it's either because Rockstar didn't have enough knowledge to introduce bikes in the game or because the company thought the game wouldn't meet a big success and prefered to spend a limited quantity of money on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
just do it bob1
54 minutes ago, Evil empire said:

I think it's either because Rockstar didn't have enough knowledge to introduce bikes in the game or because the company thought the game wouldn't meet a big success and prefered to spend a limited quantity of money on it.

Rockstar still denies that 9/11 had any effect on the game, which we all know there is more to. There are some things we will never know. Rockstar doesn't seem to come forward about a lot of things. I really wish they would do another Q&A so we could ask about stuff like the addition of bikes into the later times of the 3D Era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
inkoalawetrust
On 12/20/2018 at 10:55 AM, American Venom said:

The 2D era had bikes though. I think it probably has more to do with just like how GTA IV had to start from scratch GTA III was such a big leap certain compromises had to be made and/or they just didn't have the time to add bikes in and made up an in game explanation.

I don't really know anything about game developement but making a bike in 3D is probably way more different than making a 2 dimensional sprite that moves across the screen since in 3D you have to model and texture the bike etc which would all be much harder to implement back in 2001 when you've never made a 3D game before and when you have to work and make do with the extremely limited space of a CD disk (That last part though just comes from what explanation i've heard for the map being so tiny..)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
perennial

^The PS2 version of GTA III uses a DVD though? The PC version came on two CDs.

Maybe R* just thought that implementing bikes for the first 3D game might have been a disproportional amount of work when only 2% of registered vehicles in New York City are motorcycles.

Edited by perennial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.