3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

fejkb

Treasure maps needs balancing?

ThaBirdCoot

^ Starting to wonder if some hideouts have a higher chance of spawning a map, found 2 at Bearclaw as well, over the last few times I completed it. Also at Solomon's Folly and Twin Rocks. Never at a bigger one with plenty enemies like Shady Belly or Pikes Basin.

BUT THE BENZ

^well, the very first 2 maps I found I got from an ambush/hideout at pikes' basin, just sayin. also, it was within 3 days so the area seemed like was a "hot spot" for a few days....kind of like bearclaw right now, I guess?!

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

BUT THE BENZ

rank'd up to 55 - got half a gold bar and 100 dollars at "east watsons" - okay.

BUT THE BENZ

Found a map to a treasure at "lake isabella". Got me 0.81 goldbars and 139 $, a really good take!

aside from the take I was surprised to find the map in the first place, since I found it during a stranger mission on a dead NPC, never had that happen before

Van_Hellsing

Leveled up to level 95 and found a potent horse stimulant pamphlet along with $100 and 80 gold nuggets in the treasure map. That's the first time I got a pamphlet. 

I didn't know you could get pamphlets. I don't think you can get the high level pamphlets, but the one I got is still a few hundred dollars. 

Chrismads
4 minutes ago, Van_Hellsing said:

Leveled up to level 95 and found a potent horse stimulant pamphlet along with $100 and 80 gold nuggets in the treasure map. That's the first time I got a pamphlet. 

I didn't know you could get pamphlets. I don't think you can get the high level pamphlets, but the one I got is still a few hundred dollars. 

You got the volatile dynamite pamphlet as well. Think that one's around rank 75-85.

But nice to know I just reached rank 95 myself. 

Edited by Chrismads
PAMPHLET what a weird word

Van_Hellsing
22 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

You got the volatile dynamite pamphlet as well. Think that one's around rank 75-85.

But nice to know I just reached rank 95 myself. 

^Congrats on reaching the level. 

The journey was a hell of a ride. I also have a full time job and a family. The number of heads I bashed in to get here. 🙄 When I see a level 150+ I wonder if they eat through a tube in their nose. 

The bandit hide outs are completely broken. The gang hideouts don't finish after killing or sparing the leader. Also no more treasure maps on gang members. I keep my fingers and toes crossed for the new update. The game becomes frustratingly unplayable. 

Maybe a R* dev thought: "What pamphlets nobody buys? Let's give them away in treasure maps." But I am grateful for any pamphlets I don't have yet. 

Edited by Van_Hellsing

BUT THE BENZ

found one in a hideout @ san luis river. had to ride all the way to tumbleweed (north), got 0.55 gold bars and 120 $. aight!

and just now I found another map (located at lake isabella, again) during a stranger mission, again! and whoa the take: special miracle tonic pamphlet, 145 $ and 0.65 goldbars. niceeeeeeeeee!

Ryan5252

Latest treasure chest content, Chewing Tabaco, 0.59 gold and massive $25. 

25 miserable dollars!!!!!

ThaBirdCoot

^ f*ck mate, my last one was 118 dollars and 0.59 gold, I still have one sitting at cottail pond rn. I think I'm gonna get it tomorrow but expect it to be a real sh*tty payout, wish me luck !

Rafae S
12 minutes ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

^ f*ck mate, my last one was 118 dollars and 0.59 gold, I still have one sitting at cottail pond rn. I think I'm gonna get it tomorrow but expect it to be a real sh*tty payout, wish me luck !

The ones you get from ranking up are different from ones you find at gang hideouts, the rank up ones obv have better rewards.

Ryan5252
2 minutes ago, Rafae S said:

The ones you get from ranking up are different from ones you find at gang hideouts, the rank up ones obv have better rewards.

It was a rank up one 😪

ThaBirdCoot
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Rafae S said:

No they don't mate, it's just random like R* f*ckwit devs imagined it, absolutely no logic behind them, I'm at 133 the map I got is a map from leveling to 130 it was 37 $ and 0.13 gold.

Edit: currently at 134 I'll see what they have in store for me. I got east watsons about 3 times already, locations aren't always the same btw, that's north of strawberry for those that care to know

Edited by ThaBirdCoot

Rafae S
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Ryan5252 said:

It was a rank up one 😪

Bugger lol

I genuinely can't believe the rewards are randomized like that, a level 100 might get less than someone who just reached rank 20 smh. How hard would it be to make it so that every successive map you get from ranking up five times gives you a higher reward. They could even stop giving out maps after rank 100 with this change in effect if they wanted to. 

But no, the reason the maps keep coming is because the rewards are totally random so obviously there had to be a catch in all this >_> Ffs I was excited to get $100+ after reaching rank 35 yesterday as I got $100 on the dot for 30 but what I do get instead? A whopping $88 smh. It was still a good amount to complement what I had already but getting less money for successive ranking up doesn't make any sense at all.

5 minutes ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

No they don't mate, it's just random like R* f*ckwit devs imagined it, absolutely no logic behind them, I'm at 133 the map I got is a map from leveling to 130 it was 37 $ and 0.13 gold.

Edit: currently at 134 I'll see what they have in store for me.

Yeah I realize that now and it's f*cked beyond logic smh.

Edited by Rafae S

Ryan5252

I wonder if the payouts have taken a hit since the downgrade?

Sorry, "update" I mean

ThaBirdCoot
1 minute ago, Rafae S said:

Bugger lol

I genuinely can't believe the rewards are randomized like that, a level 100 might get less than someone who just reached rank 20 smh. How hard would it be to make it so that every successive map you get from ranking up gives you a higher reward. They could even stop giving out maps after rank 100 with this change in effect if they wanted to. 

But no, the reason the maps keep coming is because the rewards are totally random so obviously there had to be a catch in all this >_> Ffs I was excited to get $100+ after reaching rank 35 yesterday as I got $100 on the dot for 30 but what I do get instead? A whopping $88 smh. It was still a good amount to complement what I had already but getting less money for successive ranking up doesn't make any sense at all.

some say the more time you take looting/finding a treasure chest plays a role in payout, though I personnaly doubt it, but you could still wait around switch sessions for a better payout. I didn't see much a difference.

Rafae S
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ryan5252 said:

I wonder if the payouts have taken a hit since the downgrade?

Sorry, "update" I mean

I wouldn't be surprised.

2 minutes ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

some say the more time you take looting/finding a treasure chest plays a role in payout, though I personnaly doubt it, but you could still wait around switch sessions for a better payout. I didn't see much a difference.

Nah I doubt that has anything to do with it. The one I just got yesterday took longer to find than any of the ones before.

Edited by Rafae S

GTP_Monkey
3 hours ago, Rafae S said:

Thats not correct my last rank up 125 gave me .55 gold and $31 

BUT THE BENZ

"wheels of fortune", with the right timing you can get higher takes, almost certain of this! and it doesn't matter whether it's a reward map or a loot map in the end I think

had a "streak" in terms of take for the last 3 chests. see my posting history here in this thread (it's kind of my personal treasure chest log between other posts)

and the last 2 maps I got for example: one from a stranger mission, another for the rank up to 60: got me something along 0.7/0.81 in gold, and about 99/111 dollars in cash. locations: calumet ravine/dakota river bend

I had low takes...35 dollars and nuggets less than what I get from missions...like 0.24 and sh*t, but then I changed the approach....just waited a bit before actually looting the chest. it's 2 animations. opened the thing, waited, then looted - and got  higher takes than before, "regularly"

please feel free to try, kind of curious to hear if it works for others aswell. wiith the last maps the streak is at 5 I think. always cash in the hundreds or really close. decent amount of gold and a (special miracle tonic) pamphlet in there awell.

JustCallMeNiko

Anyone else know what pamphlets are available from treasure chests now? Also, were they just added to treasure chests in the last update or have they always been a possible drop? Wondering if I should hold out for pamphlets I want and hope to collect them for free..

Ektope
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, JustCallMeNiko said:

Anyone else know what pamphlets are available from treasure chests now? Also, were they just added to treasure chests in the last update or have they always been a possible drop? Wondering if I should hold out for pamphlets I want and hope to collect them for free..

Special Miracle Tonic. Got that one twice. Once on previous character. Once on current character. Dunno about rest.

Edited by Ektope

Chrismads

I thought only specific Pamphlets were given with level treasure chests.

That was what I concluded when (I think it was you?) @Van_Hellsing and I reached rank 90-95 around the same time and recieved the same Volatile Dynamite Pamphlet from our treasure chests.

Foxwolfe

I think you guys are just conflating RNG with anecdotes.

Ektope
9 minutes ago, Foxwolfe said:

I think you guys are just conflating RNG with anecdotes.

I believe it's RNG. I went through 100+ treasure hunt maps from levelling. They been random. Low amounts, high amounts. Doesn't matter what level the character was.

rusbeckia
1 hour ago, JustCallMeNiko said:

I recieved Special Horse Stimulant by looting a chest!

Van_Hellsing
1 hour ago, Chrismads said:

I thought only specific Pamphlets were given with level treasure chests.

That was what I concluded when (I think it was you?) @Van_Hellsing and I reached rank 90-95 around the same time and recieved the same Volatile Dynamite Pamphlet from our treasure chests.

It was me, but I got the potent horse stimulant pamphlet. The stamina boost time is increased.

I am not complaining. It is a pamphlet worth several hundreds of dollars. That's more than the Dinero's in the chest. I seriously doubt that you will find an explosive ammo pamphlet. Or you would have to more chance to win the lottery. 

Foxwolfe

I've actually refrained from purchasing any pamphlets due to wanting to get one, any one, from a treasure chest, rank 100, still waiting lol.

BUT THE BENZ
Posted (edited)

update: back at it, cleared a hideout in the swamps and even though I died 2x in the end I found a map, treasure @ civil war battlefield.

different day same sh*t, my "method" still works...got 0.71 in gold and 159 $

right on!

edit: that was treasure map #21, currently rank 62.....so I got 11 by rank up....and 10 by loot? OR, simply 21 by loot...and the rank up maps don't count...that would fit!

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

GTP_Monkey

Nor seen a treasure for a long while now only ranking maps 

rusbeckia
40 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

update: back at it, cleared a hideout in the swamps and even though I died 2x in the end I found a map, treasure @ civil war battlefield.

different day same sh*t, my "method" still works...got 0.71 in gold and 159 $

right on!

edit: that was treasure map #21, currently rank 62.....so I got 11 by rank up....and 10 by loot? OR, simply 21 by loot...and the rank up maps don't count...that would fit!

But Rank-Up maps do count for the award! At least they did a while ago when I checked the last time.