3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

fejkb

Treasure maps needs balancing?

BUT THE BENZ

do the gang hideous/gang attacks happen again AFTER you cleared them once? just wanna know, cause I cleared at least 5 over the last days and never got a map or anything. and I tried almost EVERYTHING....spare leader, kill leader loot all enemies, loot any crate in the area...NOTHING. I'm rank 17...

DLKnives

IDK how many hideouts I've done but 0 maps for me except the ones for leveling. Just did the map today for hitting 25 and got a little gold and $99. Not much.

BUT THE BENZ

I start to doubt there were any maps to begin with, and/or probably they nerfed it with that one update.

DLKnives
9 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

I start to doubt there were any maps to begin with, and/or probably they nerfed it with that one update.

That what I'm starting to believe. I'll do the hideouts, they're fun but I don't expect a map from looting anymore. That way if I find it'll be great and I'll find it and get a teeny reward. LOL

41 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

loot any crate in the area.

I especially like when you find a lockbox that's empty. Twist that knife R*!

BUT THE BENZ

^ haha

I find the whole idea a bit strange to be honest...I mean R* giving out gold for "free" so to speak. every 5 ranks....okay!? but randoml chances of picking up gold...doesn't seem like a R*/T2 tactic to me.

miahus
33 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

I found 2 treasure maps from hideouts, yesterday and today, it's just rng. 

Some hideouts have chests and lock boxes that are visible but impossible to get to, this needs fixing asap as treasure maps could spawn in them.

Ektope
Just now, miahus said:

I found 2 treasure maps from hideouts, yesterday and today, it's just rng. 

Some hideouts have chests and lock boxes that are visible but impossible to get to, this needs fixing asap as treasure maps could spawn in them.

Isn't t that what lockpick is for?

miahus
Just now, Ektope said:

Isn't t that what lockpick is for?

I have the lock breaker, only use for it that I've found so far is to break the lock on boxes at back of stagecoaches. What  I mean is chests in hideouts that are placed in a way that it is impossible to open them, like the 2 chests placed facing each other in a tight place like this picture. https://imgur.com/a/jwSI39s

RayD70

Gang hideouts are fubar again.

Did 5 of them last night. Every. Single. One was bugged. Didn't start right, and couldn't finish it. So along with (yet again) no maps and very little in the way of payout, I didn't even get any xp.

I think I'm about done with this game (online anyway). My patience can't wear any thinner.

BUT THE BENZ
2 hours ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

do the gang hideous/gang attacks happen again AFTER you cleared them once?

Next-Gen Vercettis
6 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

Yes. 

ChaosZake

Level 87 here. 59 hideouts cleared, 1104 bodies looted (about 80% which at hideouts and bushwhacks). 18 treasures found, while I've gotten 3 from hideouts. The treasures found number doesn't seem to be accurate though. I've definitely collected treasure map after each 5 levels from 10 to 85, which should be 16. Plus the 3 I've got from hideouts. Plus the one from the intro mission. I don't know if the last one even counts though but still the number should be one higher than it is.

fejkb
2 hours ago, DLKnives said:

I especially like when you find a lockbox that's empty. Twist that knife R*!

I cleared hideout next to Armadillo today and recorded what was in ~8 lockboxes. You won’t believe me...

Nothing at all

Fatsanchez
4 hours ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

do the gang hideous/gang attacks happen again AFTER you cleared them once? just wanna know, cause I cleared at least 5 over the last days and never got a map or anything. and I tried almost EVERYTHING....spare leader, kill leader loot all enemies, loot any crate in the area...NOTHING. I'm rank 17...

You just have to loot everyone, doesnt matter if you kill or spare the leader (you can hogtie and loot him if you want to spare him tho, tried that yesterday myself). I’ve found treasure maps on random gang members (instead of the leader) on few occasions, but I dunno if thats a bug because sometimes I dont even get the “gang hideout” prompt from the game, nor the “hideout cleared” message.

Just a heads up to everyone: if you manage to kill everyone and the leader surrenders, make sure you loot everyone before going to him.

yesterday I cleared a hideout and went directly to the leader before looting the corpses. I turn around and suddenly... Everyone dissapeared (despawned). They could have had maps on them!! Damn that was frustrating. At least I got the exp for clearing it this time.

4eyedcoupe

27 hideouts and counting....  0 maps from hideouts, only ranking up and I loot everyone.

Edited by Jlindstead

fejkb

I've noticed I sometimes get treasure maps next day. F.e. I did ~5 hideouts, no map, went offline. Next day I have pop-up I have new items to claim from Post Office and it's treasure map. Ofc it wasn't for lvling up. It happend twice. Maybe it's because I started to spare leaders.

BUT THE BENZ

I went out of my way to loot a chest that didn't want to be reached. it was in a cholla springs hideout, near armadillo really. same procedure as always, killed 'em all, then went on to loot the place. found a wagon with a big chest loaded on it. couldn't get on the wagon, like you normally do. so I took the bodies and stacked them trying to build a ladder but that didn't work neither. then I managed to climb on top of the wagon's front and glitched/clipped through the seats....finally, chest was reachable!

and guess what YAAAAAAAAAAAY, empty chest!

all lockboxes are f*cking empty, some are under tables you can only reach with difficutly if at all (someone mentioned that), that wagon is another example. it leaves a bitter taste...because why not reward the effort? looting 11 cents off a leader is NOT a reward!

RayD70

Gang hideouts are an enormous waste of time.

Monetary rewards are laughable (maybe $3.00 in cash and loot). XP rewards aren't even worth your time. You can get more xp doing almost anything else. All of that assuming the camp isn't bugged out, or you don't get disconnected.

And treasure maps are a f***ing myth. Even if they actually exist, the drop rate is so low, it isn't worth going after.

Chrismads
14 minutes ago, RayD70 said:

Gang hideouts are an enormous waste of time.

Monetary rewards are laughable (maybe $3.00 in cash and loot). XP rewards aren't even worth your time. You can get more xp doing almost anything else. All of that assuming the camp isn't bugged out, or you don't get disconnected.

And treasure maps are a f***ing myth. Even if they actually exist, the drop rate is so low, it isn't worth going after.

I've gotten alot of maps from hidouts. Be sure to start looting as you go through the hideout. Bodies will despawn if you're too far away.

RayD70
1 minute ago, Chrismads said:

I've gotten alot of maps from hidouts. Be sure to start looting as you go through the hideout. Bodies will despawn if you're too far away.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

As if I didn't think of that. 😏

They're still a myth. I've done over 50 hideouts. Only got credit for 35 of of them due to the camps being buggy or last second disconnects. I always loot EVERYONE before killing the leader. The most I've ever found in a chest or lockbox is gun oil or ammo. Usually, they're just empty. And gang ambushes are the same story. Waste. Of. Time.

Chrismads
5 minutes ago, RayD70 said:

Yes. Yes. Yes.

As if I didn't think of that. 😏

They're still a myth. I've done over 50 hideouts. Only got credit for 35 of of them due to the camps being buggy or last second disconnects. I always loot EVERYONE before killing the leader. The most I've ever found in a chest or lockbox is gun oil or ammo. Usually, they're just empty. And gang ambushes are the same story. Waste. Of. Time.

How long do they take? 5-10 min max. U get at least 150 xp for the kills and what.. 150 for clearing hideout? Thats decent xp. Its not viable to go farm hideouts as you never know where they spawn, but do them whenever you see them on the minimap and its a nice little side business.

Maps are not a myth as I already said. I've gotten plenty.

Stretch188

Theyre not a myth. Ive gotten 3, game says ive cleared about 40 hideouts. Ive done a few with posses as well, so who knows if there were more.

Dont loot everyone before killing the leader - save him for last, spare or kill him THEN start looting. Also, I am pretty sure that a death during the raid will severely drop your % chance of finding one, as Ive only ever found them when avoiding death.

The drop chance increase only happens after you spare/kill the leader, so by looting before you initiate the action, you are getting default junk - complete the task at hand, then begin your looting spree!

Dont give up! I didnt get one until about rank 20 (im rank 46 now). I was convinced it was BS or just bugged out for me, but its just a low success rate. Just keep doing them, and as soon as you stop expecting to find one, one will turn up lol.

Its kind of like the advice Ron Livingstons character (Rob) gives to Jon Favreaus (Mike) character about his ex in Swingers.

Rob : I mean at first you're going to pretend to forget about her, you'll not call her, I don't know, whatever... but then eventually, you really will forget about her.

Mike : Well what if she comes back first?

Rob : Mmmm... see, that's the thing, is somehow they know not to come back until you really forget.

Mike : There's the rub.

RayD70
3 hours ago, Stretch188 said:

Theyre not a myth. Ive gotten 3, game says ive cleared about 40 hideouts. Ive done a few with posses as well, so who knows if there were more.

Dont loot everyone before killing the leader - save him for last, spare or kill him THEN start looting. Also, I am pretty sure that a death during the raid will severely drop your % chance of finding one, as Ive only ever found them when avoiding death.

The drop chance increase only happens after you spare/kill the leader, so by looting before you initiate the action, you are getting default junk - complete the task at hand, then begin your looting spree!

Dont give up! I didnt get one until about rank 20 (im rank 46 now). I was convinced it was BS or just bugged out for me, but its just a low success rate. Just keep doing them, and as soon as you stop expecting to find one, one will turn up lol.

Its kind of like the advice Ron Livingstons character (Rob) gives to Jon Favreaus (Mike) character about his ex in Swingers.

Rob : I mean at first you're going to pretend to forget about her, you'll not call her, I don't know, whatever... but then eventually, you really will forget about her.

Mike : Well what if she comes back first?

Rob : Mmmm... see, that's the thing, is somehow they know not to come back until you really forget.

Mike : There's the rub.

I'm about to hit 40. :/

If I don't loot the bodies before taking care of the leader, they disappear. Fun times.

I'm not alone. The 2 of you are outliers

BUT THE BENZ

oh guys I just found the treasure map for north tumbleweed! (simply looted from a guy, got into an ambush near pikes' basin, del lobo gang)...and 10 seconds after I found it. well, the attack wasn't even over as I was still getting shot at, and then I was DISCONNECTED due a default error or something...I was like WTF?!

well, booted it back up, and it's still there....goddammit! my heart...my achy breaky heart

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

Chrismads
1 minute ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

oh guys I just found the treasure map for north tumbleweed! (simply looted from a guy, got into an ambush near pikes's basin, del lobo gang). .and 10 seconds after I found it. well, the attack wasn't even over as I was still getting shot at, and then I was DISCONNECTED due a default error or something...I was like WTF?!

well, booted it back up, and it's still there....goddamit! my heart...my achy breaky heart

Ambush, not hideout? Didn't know you could get treasure maps from ambush

BUT THE BENZ

well, I don't know ain't they the same thing in the end? I didn't get a message this time, and I didn't check the map if there was a leader icon, no icon popped up on the expanded radar, just del lobo peasants on horses left and right I could see

so I was being shot at out of the blue and I just started looting the guys I killed right away because you never know what can happen next.

btw I was near macfarlane's ranch really and they started attacking me coming at me from the depth of pikes basin and uphill too from all sides apparently... I was just on my way to blackwater and ready to hit the cinematic camera...good thing I didn't

Bakkerbaard
5 hours ago, RayD70 said:

And treasure maps are a f***ing myth. Even if they actually exist, the drop rate is so low, it isn't worth going after

It's easy for me to talk because XP is all I'm after these days (before the suggestions come: I'm abysmal in Showdowns and Stranger missions usually get screwed up by people I don't remember invitingto the party), but as far as maps go and most anything going on, I find it comforting to take the lottery-ticket approach: 0 is still less than 0.0009.

Ofcourse, since I never really finished a proper education, I got really good at grinding jobs.

Stretch188
12 minutes ago, RayD70 said:

I'm about to hit 40. :/

If I don't loot the bodies before taking care of the leader, they disappear. Fun times.

I'm not alone. The 2 of you are outliers

Try doing it with a posse. That way when you go to kill the leader, your posse can stay near the bodies and they wont vanish.

Also - youre exaggerating dude lol. A couple may disappear, but definitely not all of them. Bodies only vanish when they move off your mini radar.

Lastly - this is just the way probability works. If theres a 5% chance of finding a treasure map, then across all RDO players, there will be a map found every 20 completed hideouts. However - some people will find one every 10 hideouts, and some people will find one every 40. Someone may find one on their first hideout, others might not find it til their 100th. There is no even distribution law - each gang hideout is a 'dice roll' independent of the last - the results of the previous hideout have no impact on what the results of the next one will be.

Youve only completed 35 hideouts - nowhere near a large enough sample size to say anything definitively. So instead of saying the game is broken, or telling the people confirming that you can win that they are outliers, take their advice and keep plugging away.

Ive never won a 50/50 ticket in my life. Does that mean that no one ever wins 50/50 tickets? No. It just means I havent gotten lucky yet.

If youre on PS4, i can add you and help you if you want. Ill stay near the bodies while you handle the leader and let you loot them all until you find one. I know its frustrating, I had given up on it as well. I think my hideout number is actually alot higher than 40, and I may have only found two actually. Im just away on vacation so I cant check.

BL4CK7H0RN3

Never got a treasure map from a gang hideout, however I've got one from an ambush which was a nice surprise. 

MafiaDesigns

I thought I was the only one having issues with finding maps. Since I was rank 65(rank 95 now) I haven't found one in hideouts since update 1.05. They must have deceased the drop rate of the. Back when I first started online I used to find at least 5-6 a day. Now I get nothing.