4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

fejkb

Treasure maps needs balancing?

BUT THE BENZ
14 hours ago, Surebrec said:

still no maps for me. didn't get the one for the 28 day daily streak, or the 3 that are free to PS4 players.

time to contact support cowboy!

TiberiusMcQueen

One of my guest accounts just received the three maps, so it seems that all accounts on the PS4 receive them, not just the account that actually bought the PS+

No Homing
Just now, TiberiusMcQueen said:

One of my guest accounts just received the three maps, so it seems that all accounts on the PS4 receive them, not just the account that actually bought the PS+

Oh sh*t maybe that's what f*cked me up. But I have PS+ on both accounts???

Still waiting for my 10 gold and 75$ for replaying the missions and the 250k in GTA for NC sale too,

IamCourtney
18 hours ago, LooseCanon said:

I opened a treasure map today and got 14 varmit bullets and 88$....

Shoot the right stuff with those  varmint rounds and you can multiply their value a hundredfold!

31 minutes ago, TiberiusMcQueen said:

Yeah my wife got the maps too, and her profile only gets online via my profile's PS+.

Rev. Gnash

Map #20

Rank 245  - North Ridgewood no.2

(duplicate)

The last 5 maps collected - NONE were looted from NPC's.

Edited by Rev. Gnash

Surebrec
4 hours ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

time to contact support cowboy!

already have done.

no response yet.

CMCSAVAGE
19 hours ago, Surebrec said:

still no maps for me. didn't get the one for the 28 day daily streak, or the 3 that are free to PS4 players.

Did you have North Tumbleweed in your satchel by any chance? If so that's why, I didn't get it because of that. 

gtmike

Just cleared the Gaptooth hideout and got a treasure map for Gaptooth! How convenient.

Surebrec
6 hours ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

Did you have North Tumbleweed in your satchel by any chance? If so that's why, I didn't get it because of that. 

nope.  only things I have is the letter from horley and the recipe pamphlets that I already purchased from the fence.

BUT THE BENZ

I feel like looking for a treasure, later when I get online. just curious to see the take without any active increase in the payout. it felt like when that bonus was active, I got a LITTLE bit more gold than usual, but side from that the cash was pretty much the same, a TINY bit more than usual. felt a bit "weak"...that increase was 25 % right? I know people got over 2 bars just with one treasure, which sounds about right. I didn't get that lucky with the math then, my peak gold take was 1.87 (I was very happy with that though)

Rev. Gnash

@Benz

Yes 25% increase.

I wouldn't.

Sidenote:

You might be right about the map drops. The last five received, none were looted from NPC'S.

Edited by Rev. Gnash

-LN-

Omg, it finally happened! 😮😮😮 I just cleared one last hideout before closing out and having a break and I found a Bluewater Marsh treasure map when looting! 😁😁😁 

I never thought it would happen, but it did! I'm lucky too; there were two randoms very close to me, but I rushed over and cleared the hideout. I could see them on the radar, but they didn't assist; however, they actually rode up to me with their guns drawn after I'd finished - whilst I was in the middle of looting the bodies. I was in defensive though; I looted very quickly, then jumped on my horse, took off, and shut down. 😜

Ahhhh, I'm just so excited; this was the first one I've found since probably January and perhaps only the third one ever! ☺

Edited by -LN-

Rev. Gnash

@LN

Awesome!

HS0nx.gif

"Frog went a-kkkkk-courtin', and he did ride, kkkkkk-crambone."

joonas tippi

Hello, i was wondering that have anybody have same issue that i have. When explosive rounds and all was able to get on 50lv or something i get volatite dynamites on treasuremap and then when the week was over i lose my pamflet. I was around 55lv and think ok maybe i get it back when my level rises to that point. Dream more u cunt🖕

Red Lynx 23
5 minutes ago, joonas tippi said:

Hello, i was wondering that have anybody have same issue that i have. When explosive rounds and all was able to get on 50lv or something i get volatite dynamites on treasuremap and then when the week was over i lose my pamflet. I was around 55lv and think ok maybe i get it back when my level rises to that point. Dream more u cunt🖕

I would contact Rockstar support about losing the pamphlet. And having video footage might help your case.

joonas tippi
1 minute ago, Red Lynx 23 said:

I would contact Rockstar support about losing the pamphlet. And having video footage might help your case.

Thanks, i would do that👍 I have some screen shot that show i had volatite dynamites on my accesory wheel,im sure that is not the right word of it. Maybe this is right place cry https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadonline/feedback ?

Red Lynx 23
1 hour ago, joonas tippi said:

Thanks, i would do that👍 I have some screen shot that show i had volatite dynamites on my accesory wheel,im sure that is not the right word of it. Maybe this is right place cry https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadonline/feedback ?

I would try support, and opening a ticket  Click support at the bottom of the page, then online play, then missing in-game item. From there, choose which console you have, and write out a support ticket.

Edited by Red Lynx 23

joonas tippi

Thank you Red Lynx 23😊 I will try that one out!

Foxwolfe

My treasures lately have been pretty weak, a couple at 1.15 gold bars (with the rest being less) and around or less than 50 bucks (as low as 35). Finally the last one had 1.61 gold and 95 dollars. Hell I hadn't even found a map for nearly 10 ranks but finally got another off a stranger encounter I happened upon, these dry spells lately have been awful.

Red Lynx 23

^Glad I'm holding onto the six maps I have right now, until another bonus week for maps. 

Lonely-Martin
4 minutes ago, Red Lynx 23 said:

^Glad I'm holding onto the six maps I have right now, until another bonus week for maps. 

Seen a few mention that too. Gonna do just that myself. I've 4 atm. :)

Foxwolfe

It's not worth it to wait for me with how long the dry spells I've been getting lately have lasted, plus who knows when they'll do that again.

Lonely-Martin
14 minutes ago, Foxwolfe said:

It's not worth it to wait for me with how long the dry spells I've been getting lately have lasted, plus who knows when they'll do that again.

That's true. I'm in no rush at the mo but if something arrived I'm keen for, I've got them ready to go. Happy hunting. :)

Red Lynx 23

Unless I'm mistaken, the current drip feed is the last one before Red Dead Online's summer update. I will definitely hold onto those maps, in case I need a few hundred more dollars and/or more gold than I have.

BUT THE BENZ
58 minutes ago, Foxwolfe said:

dude exactly my thoughts....I wanted to post that yesterday, saying WHO KNOWS WHEN THAT BONUS BE BACK, IF, AT ALL?!....we saw it once, right?! maybe it was just a one-time thing. after all, the gold-payout for missions ans dailies have been "corrected" since that. no need to do that bonus again maybe?!

Rev. Gnash

@Benz

Look at it this way, what harm could it do. Wait a month or two and if you need one (open satchel).

I am saving the 20, for extra bonus or a reup on cash/gold. These maps, feel harder to get and the dry spells are longer.

Rank 250 is around the corner - making it 21.

Edited by Rev. Gnash

BUT THE BENZ

yeah I guess you have a point. but patience no my strong suit....will see

I just hit rank 125 and got me a duplicate, for north tumbleweed. wanted to use 1 map last session but didn't get around to it. so I went to get that treasure now and the take was ok. 1.58 in gold and 101 in cash. I'll just pick up that map from the post office and be back at #9 in the satchel

Rev. Gnash

1.58 in gold and 101 in cash?

Nice.

Foxwolfe

Yeah nothing wrong with hording them if you feel like it, just keep in mind there's only so many locations and since you can't hold dupes there's a possibility that you might be missing out duplicate maps from looting (unless R* programmed it so that a duplicate map can't drop from a corpse when you have that particular map in your inventory, but I dunno how they coded it so I can only speculate) since you already have that map in the satchel. 

But yeah, no wrong way to go about it, I'm a patient guy but holding out for the next treasure chest rewards bonus doesn't interest me.

BUT THE BENZ
12 hours ago, Rev. Gnash said:

1.58 in gold and 101 in cash?

Nice.

yes the amount of gold actualy surprised me. expected no more than 1.2 in gold as I have never had higher takes (at least in the beat stages), and aside from the bonus week. MAYBE it was raised generally, or maybe because it was 1 of the gifted maps!? (north tumbleweed) OR, maybe I just got lucky or something.