3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

fejkb

Treasure maps needs balancing?

BUT THE BENZ

been pretty diligent, clearing hideouts left and right....nothing since friday though. and still I didn't manage to trigger TWIN ROCKS....bummer

btw, that "mysterious" hideout I only encountered just once in the south...maybe it wasn't at macomb's end but at the kamassa river?! ran into that hideout yesterday. the bridge going right over it didn't seem familiar, the rest looked just like the hideout I ran into months ago. back then, it was during daytime that I recall clearly, yesterday it spawned during daytime aswell

Rafae S

Haven't gotten one in forever besides the one I got for rank 95 almost two weeks ago.

ThaBirdCoot

I get so many recently it's madness. Sitting on 3 now, not quite sure I should collect yet.

Rafae S
4 minutes ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

I get so many recently it's madness. Sitting on 3 now, not quite sure I should collect yet.

gimme one

ThaBirdCoot
48 minutes ago, Rafae S said:

gimme one

I would if I could. But R* don't want us to be nice and share cash, damn bastards lol

Red Lynx 23

Clearing out the Quaker's Cove hideout, got me a treasure map for East Watkins. .9 Gold and a hundred dollars & change.

Foxwolfe

Yeah I'm on a dry spell myself, sitting on 3 atm and about to get a 4th from a rank up but haven't had much luck with gang hideouts/ambushes recently. My last two maps being from stranger missions and the one before that my last rank up map lol.

Rafae S

finally one for rank 100 😁

ThaBirdCoot
Posted (edited)
On 4/16/2019 at 10:43 AM, BUT THE BENZ said:

been pretty diligent, clearing hideouts left and right....nothing since friday though. and still I didn't manage to trigger TWIN ROCKS....bummer

btw, that "mysterious" hideout I only encountered just once in the south...maybe it wasn't at macomb's end but at the kamassa river?! ran into that hideout yesterday. the bridge going right over it didn't seem familiar, the rest looked just like the hideout I ran into months ago. back then, it was during daytime that I recall clearly, yesterday it spawned during daytime aswell

Twins Rocks appears from 12 p.m to 3 p.m (12 bis 15 uhr) then it won't be available no more (to my knowledge that is). I never ever had it spawn at night. Never. Stand around in Cholla Springs between the Rattlesnake Hollow hideout and Twin Rocks, perhaps just idle around a bit, maybe shoot a few birds or pronghorns while waiting. Just don't get too close, keep outta line of sight, chances are it will spawn. I would say my success rate for spawning hideouts is very high currently. Another advice, and I believe I said that sometime ago, start not your session in New Austin someone might have been there before. Ride or fast travel. Even if it was just for a stranger mission started by any player the hideout will be gone for the entirety of the session you are in.

Edit: I was lucky and still got Twin Rocks spawn as late as 3:45 p.m, all alone not a soul around, the scum was chilling upstate Lemoyne xD (added pic)

6CZ9fsd.jpg

Edited by ThaBirdCoot

wehweh01

Balancing my ass. I just hit the jackpot and got a back to back treasure map lol. Gonna upload it soon to my Youtube and feature it here in the online videos.

ThaBirdCoot
6 minutes ago, wehweh01 said:

Balancing my ass. I just hit the jackpot and got a back to back treasure map lol. Gonna upload it soon to my Youtube and feature it here in the online videos.

Yeah. There's lucky days like that.

Rafae S

$95 and 67 nuggets lol welp better than nothing i guess 🤷‍♂️

picked myself up a nice leather duster and the Ortega Vest.

ThaBirdCoot
Posted (edited)

Another map. First corpse looted at Fort Mercer. Location Hanging Rock. Gonna get this asap I'm a poor bastard after last days spending spree.

Edited by ThaBirdCoot

BUT THE BENZ

...darkness is over soon, about to rank up today/tomorrow (85)

wondering if the next map will lead me to HANGING ROCK again!? please not....

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay
Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2019 at 7:38 PM, YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay said:

I can easily get 3 hideouts and an ambush in an hour, but it's been over 20 hideouts since getting a map.

I finally got a map today after probably 45 hideout plus ambushes dry spell. Only thing different  from my normal routine was to let the leader go..................then I killed his ass! I looted him and then looted the guy that was closest to the leader. I always leave one unlooted close to the leader. He had a map.

I wish we had some solid info on treasure map spawning.

Edited by YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay

Cratoz

I wonder if you can get higher chances to find a map if you are already full of everything else you can loot from corpes, tonics, jewelry etc.

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay
1 hour ago, Cratoz said:

I wonder if you can get higher chances to find a map if you are already full of everything else you can loot from corpes, tonics, jewelry etc.

I'd say no. The only thing I'm not maxed out is jewelry and I had a huge dry spell.

BUT THE BENZ
On 4/17/2019 at 7:16 PM, BUT THE BENZ said:

...darkness is over soon, about to rank up today/tomorrow (85)

wondering if the next map will lead me to HANGING ROCK again!? please not....

it HAPPENED...rank 85. treasure at civil war battlefield, got me 0.75 in gold and 101 in cash. aaaaight!

other than that though, I found NADA....a full week of nothing. I actively looked for hideouts, will no longer do that I think. unsatisfying.

if R* deactivates the map-drop, what can we even do about it?!

On 4/17/2019 at 8:51 AM, ThaBirdCoot said:

Twins Rocks appears from 12 p.m to 3 p.m (12 bis 15 uhr) then it won't be available no more (to my knowledge that is).

I DID run into the hideout after all, and I took my sweet time with them bastards. *peng peng*

and yeah it was at daytime, didn't check specifically...within your timespan though for sure.

ThaBirdCoot

Found 3 maps yet again. All different locations. Hideouts were spawning like crazy. Did like 12 I believe,  some with a friend of mine he also at least got one map from Cueva Seca when he killed the reinforcements some dude had the map. sh*t rewards though so far.

Foxwolfe

Yeah one time I opened a chest and got 25 dollars! I was kinda shocked it could go that low lol.

I finally got another map from a hideout, funny enough it was kinda bugged out too. Basically I was in lower Roanoke fishing by the train bridge NE of that small old fort. I called my camp so I could refill my cores after I finished fishing and to my surprised it spawned almost directly on top of the location for the other small hideout south of the fort one along the bend in the river. I honestly never would have though a camp would have a placement location that intersected with a gang hideout like that but figured maybe it wouldn't spawn with the camp there. 

So I hung out for a bit, cooked and messed with an outfit, used my binocs to spy on a dude that kept showing up nearby while he was hunting in the area. Then I noticed an NPC rowing a boat up the river! I love seeing the npcs doing random slice of life things like that and I was curious how far he'd get since the rapids were not too far ahead. I didn't get but maybe 500 yards when the hideout at my camp spawned! I quickly peaced out on boat dude and ran back to camp, I had to see how this worked. 

Not very well is the answer lol. I couldn't tell if any of the items from my camp despawned but almost none of the gang hideout items spawned in. The leaders campfire and little tree branch lean to were there, but nothing else save for the large open tent, with nothing inside of it, and it wedged between my tent, my table and the campfire. All the dudes were just standing around so I figured I'd see how it goes and started picking them off. The best part was cripps immediately jumped in so about halfway through I just started looting and let cripps handle the rest. I may have missed out on the kill xp but I still got the 180 for the clear and I ended up with a map so I can't complain.

Still incredibly odd they would put those two locations intersecting like that, seems obvious it would cause issues. 

BUT THE BENZ
Posted (edited)

no map looted but I got that CLEAR OUT buckle last session. (by accident, hideouts really spawned a lot last session)

funny/sad moment....I was at manteca falls. almost through with it, 10 corpses lying around, leader down, just ONE maggot left....as I run towards him, I quickly rushed through the camp, moved a tad to the left side and toally unexpected I managed to fall off the cliffs :/ got back up, all corpses gone, only that one asshole was left...and he had 20 cents on him

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

LooseCanon

I’ve done 107 hideouts plus 1000s of corpses looted and got 3 maps...

•—•

It's all RNG, Treasure maps don't need balancing from level progression. Other activities could give you more $ cash or gold in time spent. Especially when you reach higher up in levels because more XP needed for every 5 levels = more $ cash and gold you've earned through levelling each 5 levels. I'm surprised this thread is still alive and active, It's like a personal diary where people share how much $ and gold they get every 5 levels. And there's so many levels...

BUT THE BENZ

if R* kept the current gold-payout for missions, treasure maps n sh*t would be forgotten quickly

Foxwolfe
6 hours ago, •—• said:

It's all RNG, Treasure maps don't need balancing from level progression. Other activities could give you more $ cash or gold in time spent. Especially when you reach higher up in levels because more XP needed for every 5 levels = more $ cash and gold you've earned through levelling each 5 levels. I'm surprised this thread is still alive and active, It's like a personal diary where people share how much $ and gold they get every 5 levels. And there's so many levels...

Regardless, given that so many people don't know how this stuff works and assume things based on a very small sample size it's nice to have this shared database of experiences for people to reference.

LooseCanon

Well what do you know, 1 hideout today and 1 map, $99 and 76 gold not bad.

Ronin Ogami

Not a one single map in days. I'm heartbroken, because I get more maps from ranking up, than hideouts. I think the drop rate needs to be increased, & potential map drops should be added to both stranger and story missions. Incentive to loot more bodies, ya'know ?

Foxwolfe

I don't mind the current drop rates but yeah, you can definitely go through some long dry spells.

LooseCanon

I don’t recall getting one but I’m sure I read somewhere that stranger and story missions give out maps?

Foxwolfe

You can definitely get them from corpses in stranger missions, I have yet to get one from a story mission or hear of someone else getting one. Just keep in mind all the maps outside of the rank ones are from looting corpses, none of the actual rewards from these missions are ever maps.