fejkb

Treasure maps needs balancing?

BUT THE BENZ

okay then I guess I'm just not lucky these days

BUT THE BENZ
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

okay then I guess I'm just not lucky these days

WTF quoted for truth! double weird: check this out!

I was rank 79 (still am?) but just a minute ago when I used a 2nd horse tonic to grab a bit of gold and xp (daily challenge) I rank'd up to 80 even though I was just like 500 xp into rank 79?!

huh? now it shows rank 80 - 4900xp/5000xp.... something like that. what is this sh*t?!

okay; so I rank'd up, apparently, I go see the next post office for the reward map. I told y'all on march 2nd I found my last loot map and stashed that. well, I got the exact same map now sitting in the mail. it is greyed out as I got the exact same one in my inventory, I gUESS!?

wtf is going on!? the most weird thing about it, is the rank up itself, not even the dublicate of the map...HANGING ROCK. I know for hennigan's treasure for example, there are locations (north, central, east?) but hanging rock is there only one location? I would have just looked inbetween the rocks, a la RDR.

some screenshots to follow up

9UNVECd.jpg

9ajkq1o.jpg

nXYnKGc.jpg

in the progress menu it says I am NOT rank 80 yet (unlocks)

btw: I am "on the hunt" right now...ironically at the hanging rock, looking for the cougar (probably frozen right next to the rock)

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

Red Lynx 23
8 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

WTF quoted for truth! double weird: check this out!

I was rank 79 (still am?) but just a minute ago when I used a 2nd horse tonic to grab a bit of gold and xp (daily challenge) I rank'd up to 80 even though I was just like 500 xp into rank 79?!

huh? now it shows rank 80 - 4900xp/5000xp.... something like that. what is this sh*t?!

okay; so I rank'd up, apparently, I go see the next post office for the reward map. I told y'all on march 2nd I found my last loot map and stashed that. well, I got the exact same map now sitting in the mail. it is greyed out as I got the exact same one in my inventory, I gUESS!?

wtf is going on!? the most weird thing about it, is the rank up itself, not even the dublicate of the map...HANGING ROCK. I know for hennigan's treasure for example, there are locations (north, central, east?) but hanging rock is there only one location? I would have just looked inbetween the rocks, a la RDR.

some screenshots to follow up

That's exactly what I was warned about a few weeks ago, when I was hoarding treasure maps. I took the advice to use all of them. But maybe the dupe will become active when you search for the first treasure.

BUT THE BENZ
Posted (edited)

I guess I shouldn't even HAVE that map, since I am not actually rank 80 yet. has anyone seen that -1200/1400 xp stats thing?! -minus...counting down? is that new?! is that  f*cking BUG?!?

IMRAN...what is this sh*t?!

--------------

OK I see others got that XP/rank-up issue aswell....anyways...gonna open my inventory map and get me some gold....f*ck stashing them I suppose. and then I'll see what's what with that dublicate map in the mail!

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

BUT THE BENZ
Posted (edited)

hanging rock the 1st, 0.44 in gold....103 in cash....good cash, not so good gold!

on my way to get the 2nd map from the post office, curious to see the location for it. this one was right behind the big rock.

EDIT:

hanging rock the 2nd, 0.66 in gold....67 in cash....good gold, not so good cash! btw it was in a different location pretty far away from the actual hanging rock

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

Foxwolfe

Definitely don't worry about holding too many on you, I had 14 on me before I got bored of collecting them and cashed them all out.

But yeah, you'll definitely go through dry spells.

SuperJude™

The constantly despawning NPC's certainly aren't helping matters very much here. I'm still stuck at 22 Maps at level 81

BUT THE BENZ

yeah tell me about it, I was in the middle of clearing the old baccus station when I was killed, very unexpected with just 2 enemies left and at least 10 corpses lying around, and then the hideout was just abandoned?!

WTF.....

ThaBirdCoot

Got a special health cure pamphlet from a chest, that's okay I guess

ThaBirdCoot

Second hideout of the day, and another treasure map from Bear Claw hideout. I'm extremely lucky in this location. Must have looted 4 or 5 maps there in total.

BUT THE BENZ
Posted (edited)

I've just found a map @ solomon's folly! cool, after a week of nothing....BUT: the treasure's located at HANGING ROCK....again?! 3x in a row I got this map, 2 by loot, one by "premature" rank-up (to 80) inbetween

I have a bad feeling about this....

forgot to mention: I looted the map of the LEADER...that never happened before, to me at least.

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

BUT THE BENZ

^ well, the take was okay in terms of cash, 121 dollars....but it was less than half a bar in gold, 0.34, which I consider NOT enough for a treasure chest! I usually get 0.32 in gold for a stranger mission, just sayin

Jason

Weekly free treasure map when, Rockstar? That'd be more incentive to log in than some bad PvP mode for me.

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay

I can easily get 3 hideouts and an ambush in an hour, but it's been over 20 hideouts since getting a map.

BUT THE BENZ

last session I did 4 or 5 hideouts...and ONLY at rattlesnake hollow I was alone, all the other gang hideouts I had people interfering, starting to loot while I was at it clearing enemies. spineless scum! 1 dude helped with the killing and took half of the loot...OKAY I guess, but really....THIS WAS MY HIDEOUT TOMMY!...

when I see someone cleaering a hideout I stick around for half a minute to see how they're doing...maybe they need help..but I don't backstab them and take their loot, unless they call for it by shooting at me.

ThaBirdCoot

^ when I see someone else doing a hideout nearby I will do a few kills, eventually get the bandits cleared xp, but if I were late to the party I'll never touch their lootable corpses. That's not fair, imagine dude waited ages for a hideout to spawn just so someone that appears next by because of R* wonderful proximity spawn system can get all the loot, or worse shoot said player.

Chrismads

If someone's anywhere near a hideout I started, it is war.

I would never interfere with anyone doing a hideout myself.

Red Lynx 23
2 hours ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

last session I did 4 or 5 hideouts...and ONLY at rattlesnake hollow I was alone, all the other gang hideouts I had people interfering, starting to loot while I was at it clearing enemies. spineless scum! 1 dude helped with the killing and took half of the loot...OKAY I guess, but really....THIS WAS MY HIDEOUT TOMMY!...

when I see someone cleaering a hideout I stick around for half a minute to see how they're doing...maybe they need help..but I don't backstab them and take their loot, unless they call for it by shooting at me.

One of the daily challenges is to find a treasure. So some players are trying more than usual to find a treasure map. 

BUT THE BENZ

but that was yesterday with the "old" set of challenges ;)

Foxwolfe
5 hours ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

but that was yesterday with the "old" set of challenges ;)

It's one of my current challenges for today.

BUT THE BENZ
11 hours ago, Foxwolfe said:

It's one of my current challenges for today.

sorry, I mean I was doing hideouts the day BEFORE it was a challenge to find a treasure.

Foxwolfe

Ah ok gotchya, wasn't sure if I was getting what you were saying mixed up so I thought I'd just toss that out there, thanks for the clarification.

ThaBirdCoot

Got a map from a rescue mission by A. Foreman in St.Denis. first time I ever played this btw. Southern Roanoke.

Foxwolfe

Yeah I actually got my second map from a corpse loot during a mission today, kinda funny go like 115 ranks without getting one from a mission then get two from them within a few days.

Gonna try hoarding them again for a bit, might go for 20 before I cash them in this time.

ThaBirdCoot

^ more surprising to me was the fact I never did this stranger mission, ever since online started. Usually Foreman provides me with the odd bushwack, paid killing or player assasination. Didn't even know this guy does give out rescue jobs. Maybe he has a heart after all. 

BUT THE BENZ

I noticed they "erased" the corpse from the recovery mission for Angus @ wallace station. back then I found 2 maps up there on the corpse at mount hagen

Dr.Rosenthal
On 4/13/2019 at 3:38 PM, Chrismads said:

If someone's anywhere near a hideout I started, it is war.

I would never interfere with anyone doing a hideout myself.

A few days ago some dude stepped in and "helped" me during a gang hideout. He just killed a couple enemies until we'd cleared the hideout, then got on his horse and rode off. Didn't loot or anything. Cool fella.

On 4/10/2019 at 6:19 AM, SuperJude™ said:

The constantly despawning NPC's certainly aren't helping matters very much here. I'm still stuck at 22 Maps at level 81

What you should do is kill one or two, loot them, go on to kill a few more, loot, etc etc. Never kill everyone and do the looting after because then a few will be guaranteed to despawn. And yes, I agree R* should fix the despawns, but until then...

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

Chrismads
2 hours ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

A few days ago some dude stepped in and "helped" me during a gang hideout. He just killed a couple enemies until we'd cleared the hideout, then got on his horse and rode off. Didn't loot or anything. Cool fella.

He still "stole" the xp imo.

I often try to stealth hideouts, and there's nothing more annoying than some gunslinger joining with guns blazing flying all over the place.

It's not like I get "I'm-gonna-track-him-down-and-beat-him-up-irl" angry but I will kill him (in game) and scare him off.

Dr.Rosenthal

@Chrismads Ok, fair enough :) It didn’t bother me too much. But if I see someone else doing a Gang Hideout I usually just ignore ’em altogether.

Foxwolfe

Yeah I adopted a "kill few then loot when safe enough, rinse and repeat till cleared" strategy early on to combat the rampant (at times) despawning. Nothing more frustrating than corpses disappearing while I'm still killing dudes in that exact same area.

@Chrismads: I would agree except after rank 100 the exp means little to me outside of leveling up ability cards, and I'm not even equipped with cards that I can still level up half the time. But still I agree that it's kinda poor manners (for lack of a better word) to butt in on someones gang hideout, unless they're struggling with it in which case I'll lend a hand before I continue on my way.

Actually reminds me of a funny encounter, was doing the gang hideout just SW of Armadillo and some dude rode up with his friend before popping me in the head (I had literally just started the gang hideout, maybe 2 kills in) before they both rode off towards tumbleweed. The weird thing was they didn't do the gang hideout and they didn't stick around to pvp, my assumption was they didn't notice me till after they killed me, and prolly just aimed at the first thing they could which happened to be me and when they saw the kill feed realized I was already there so they rode off to let me get back to it.

At least that's what I want to believe, since it annoys me to think dude just wanted to pop me for no reason when I didn't even know he was there just to ride off and deny me the chance to retaliate lol. Plus I ended up looting a map from that hideout, so I couldn't be too salty.