3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

fejkb

Treasure maps needs balancing?

Mad-Monkey_1st

R* switch these maps on and off at their will, Its the same with animal spawns, trains npcs wagons etc they just switch em up or down just to f*ck with us 

Foxwolfe

Lol ok dude, gonna start calling you the king of speculation.

Red Lynx 23
26 minutes ago, GTP_Monkey said:

R* switch these maps on and off at their will, Its the same with animal spawns, trains npcs wagons etc they just switch em up or down just to f*ck with us 

It's actually affected by the number of players. I was using the new solo lobby glitch to be able to play in peace, minus avoiding free roam events that popped up in the lobby every so often. And trains were everywhere around West Elizabeth and Lemoyne.

BUT THE BENZ
1 hour ago, Red Lynx 23 said:

It's actually affected by the number of players. I was using the new solo lobby glitch to be able to play in peace, minus avoiding free roam events that popped up in the lobby every so often. And trains were everywhere around West Elizabeth and Lemoyne.

been solo during a stranger mission, it felt unusual. trains were indeed arriving ever 3 minutes or so, at wallace station. so that was a glitch eh!? was cool though...

BUT THE BENZ
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Red Lynx 23 said:

I'm just trying to stack them until I hit rank 110.

I wonder how many you can carry, max....10?

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

Red Lynx 23

Not sure. But I'll probably use my three soon, rather than risk so much as a maximum of five, and the sixth one just disappearing.

Foxwolfe

I've had up to 14 on me at once, got bored of hoarding them at that point and cashed them in for like 1500 bucks in the end.

Red Lynx 23
14 hours ago, Foxwolfe said:

I've had up to 14 on me at once, got bored of hoarding them at that point and cashed them in for like 1500 bucks in the end.

I used those three from hideouts and my rank 110 treasure map right away. after someone warned me that a duplicate map won't be saved in your satchel.

SuperJude™

I've gotten 3 Pamphlets from Gang Hideouts and...5 maps. That's it. My other 15 maps were from leveling. Almost as likely to get a pamphlet than a Treasure Map. And let's be honest the treasures aren't all that great in the first place.

The Deadite

Its decent ammount of money for no effort, hows it not great?

Red Lynx 23

Treasure maps sure beat buying gold with real money imo.

Foxwolfe
9 hours ago, Red Lynx 23 said:

I used those three from hideouts and my rank 110 treasure map right away. after someone warned me that a duplicate map won't be saved in your satchel.

Interesting, I wouldn't worry about it though to be honest, I've never seen a duplicate yet and there are a ton of treasure "locations" so I like to assume it would be hard to get a dupe anyway.

But definitely don't take my word for it, I'm just as uneducated on how the internal game systems work as the rest of us here.

Red Lynx 23

I chose not to risk getting a duplicate map and missing out on the loot. All four maps helped put enough money in my pocket to tempt me to upgrade one of my ability cards to level three.

ThaBirdCoot

For my return to RDO after getting a new console I was granted quite a cash gift. Highest amount I ever gotten. 😮

Keep 'em like that please 🤩

SuperJude™
6 hours ago, The Deadite said:

Its decent ammount of money for no effort, hows it not great?

Decent is a whole other definition than "great". I never said it wasn't a decent amount of money. I said it wasn't great. 

You know what else isn't great? 

You following me around. Please stop. 

Foxwolfe
6 hours ago, Red Lynx 23 said:

I chose not to risk getting a duplicate map and missing out on the loot. All four maps helped put enough money in my pocket to tempt me to upgrade one of my ability cards to level three.

Honestly the more I think about it the less that claim makes sense to me, each map location has multiple chest spawn points so I don't see why dupe maps would cause an issue.

Ok I'm gonna start saving mine again to see if I can get a dupe map and update the thread with my findings.

BUT THE BENZ
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

For my return to RDO after getting a new console I was granted quite a cash gift. Highest amount I ever gotten. 😮

aw yisss, good for you dude! being back online, and right away rewarded with a REALLY good take!

/deserved

found me a map aswell last session, treasure @ benedict point. got me 0.61 in gold and 120 in cash.right on!

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

BUT THE BENZ

rank up reward treasure @ gaptooth breach ---> got me 0.8 in gold and 112 dollars. very okay!

I'm rank 75 now, looking at a total of 26 treasure maps found, cleared 100+ hideouts...108 or something

first reward treasure is at lvl 10 right? so, 14 maps by reward, and 12 by loot?!  damn I swear I found/looted more maps in total...

Foxwolfe

Yeah tell me about it, still blows me away knowing I've cleared 360+ hideouts now and only found like 35 maps (not counting the 21 or whatever I've gotten from rank ups).

BUT THE BENZ
Posted (edited)

it certainly makes finding a map the more surprising/satisfying! got me one last night, treasure sitting somewhere nearhanging rock. trying to stash though...maybe until I got me a fistful of maps eh!?

btw, did you recognize that some corpses flash in a different light when eagle eye is activated? most are blue...but one of them is red (last kill?) and I think I saw one in yellow/golden last night, but it wasn't me who looted that corpse so I don't know if it had a "special" item on it. know what I mean, seen it yourself?

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

Daleificent

Found a Treasure Map from a Hideout in that mining place in Ambarino (the one from the snow level in SP.) Lake Isabella was the location of the treasure. Got 80~ Nuggets and 129 dollars.

I've been waiting after opening the box to picking up the reward a lot lately, just kind of to see I guess. I've no idea if it's like a RNG thing or if the reward is decided when you open the map. I haven't noticed any changes from the 8 or so I've been doing it with in terms of rewards. (I felt like someone mentioned it on here, but I don't remember.) I've yet to find a pamphlet at all though. 

rusbeckia
On 3/30/2019 at 1:25 AM, Foxwolfe said:

Interesting, I wouldn't worry about it though to be honest, I've never seen a duplicate yet and there are a ton of treasure "locations" so I like to assume it would be hard to get a dupe anyway.

But definitely don't take my word for it, I'm just as uneducated on how the internal game systems work as the rest of us here.

I actually had one treasure map twice a few weeks ago! Funnily enough I recieved both for level-ups. The 2nd one was greyed out atthe post office, which led to being unable to pick it up until I did the other one first.

BUT THE BENZ
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Daleificent said:

I've been waiting after opening the box to picking up the reward a lot lately, just kind of to see I guess. I've no idea if it's like a RNG thing or if the reward is decided when you open the map. I haven't noticed any changes from the 8 or so I've been doing it with in terms of rewards. (I felt like someone mentioned it on here, but I don't remember.) I've yet to find a pamphlet at all though.

that was me, and I think it works for me tbh. at least on my end, the rewards have been higher than before, when I was NOT waiting and rushing to grab the take. maybe it has something to do with a stats triangle a la rank-money-gold. or it is lvl locked etc...

I really think it's like a wheel you start and stop spinning. as in you open the chest, and grab the take

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

Daleificent
4 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

that was me, and I think it works for me tbh. at least on my end, the rewards have been higher than before, when I was NOT waiting and ruhsing to grab the take. maybe it has something to do with a stats triangle a la rank-money-gold. or it is lvl locked etc...

I really think it's like a wheel you start and stop spinning. as in you open the chest, and grab the take

Total possibility. 8 isn't a big enough sample group from just one player to be fair. If you seem to be getting better rewards, I'll keep at it and see what happens as I get more wealth/higher rank. Only R31 with a few hundred bucks and a handful of gold to my name.

I'll check back in, in another 8 - 10 maps and see how it pans out.

Foxwolfe
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, rusbeckia said:

I actually had one treasure map twice a few weeks ago! Funnily enough I recieved both for level-ups. The 2nd one was greyed out atthe post office, which led to being unable to pick it up until I did the other one first.

Interesting! I'm assuming then that it's coded that you can't find a duplicate map off of looting then, would make sense as I've yet to see a body that I could still loot but don't pick anything up from and your example of the dupe map in the mailbox not being able to be picked up until the first one was "cleared" so to speak.

Well I might as well cash in the 3 maps I've found so far since you've answered that question, I'll prolly save up 10 again at some point for a kinda rainy day fund I guess.

Edit: Fwiw I usually grab the reward immediately after opening the chest and in my experience (56 treasures) it's just random.

Edited by Foxwolfe

Groff

Just a moment ago I was clearing the fort up near Van Horn, half way through the bodies despawned and from than on each gang member I killed disappeared into thin air, I'm talking almost simultaneous to when the bullet hits them. Anyone else experienced this? 

The funny thing is over the last week or so I haven't been losing any bodies after spairing the leader. 

Red Lynx 23
9 hours ago, Groff said:

Just a moment ago I was clearing the fort up near Van Horn, half way through the bodies despawned and from than on each gang member I killed disappeared into thin air, I'm talking almost simultaneous to when the bullet hits them. Anyone else experienced this? 

The funny thing is over the last week or so I haven't been losing any bodies after spairing the leader. 

During an ambush I had an O'Driscoll just vanish off his horse, after blasting him with a semi-auto shotgun.

BUT THE BENZ

R* can you please re-activate my treasure map drops?

on a dry-spell here, constantly cleared hideouts for the last 5 days, 2 or 3 every session, nothing though. still have 1 map in my inventory (from march 2nd), as I wanted to stack some - but paranoid me thinks I get no new maps because 1 is sitting in my inventory, rotting away! or because R* is being a bitch, again! about to hit rank 80 today/tomorrow - so there will be the rank-up map and then I have 2 in the inventory but that I had before. 1 loot map, 1 rank-up map. didn't collect more maps after the 2 though at that point. could try now, but it feels bad going through these hideouts not finding a map, for days

I have a feeling the first hideout I'd clear after I were to open the map I stashed, there wouldbe a treasure map drop.

/le sigh

rusbeckia
32 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

R* can you please re-activate my treasure map drops?

on a dry-spell here, constantly cleared hideouts for the last 5 days, 2 or 3 every session, nothing though. still have 1 map in my inventory (from march 2nd), as I wanted to stack some - but paranoid me thinks I get no new maps because 1 is sitting in my inventory, rotting away! or because R* is being a bitch, again! about to hit rank 80 today/tomorrow - so there will be the rank-up map and then I have 2 in the inventory but that I had before. 1 loot map, 1 rank-up map. didn't collect more maps after the 2 though at that point. could try now, but it feels bad going through these hideouts not finding a map, for days

I have a feeling the first hideout I'd clear after I were to open the map I stashed, there wouldbe a treasure map drop.

/le sigh

I haven‘t had a loot-map in the last 40 levels or so, but I‘m also not doing hide-outs so regularly as you do. 

However I have 6 for level ups stacked in my bag. Would be interesting to know if this affects the drop rate...

4eyedcoupe

I got two from gang hideouts yesterday in solo public lobby.  It was NICE!