3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

fejkb

Treasure maps needs balancing?

fejkb

I want to ask you guys to check how many treasure maps you’ve found, what’s your lvl and how many gang hideouts did you clear (you can check it in awards. treasures found -> general, hideouts -> free roam)

I’m lvl 43, cleared 48 hideouts (+ ~20 ambushes) and I only had 11 treasures. 7 from lvling up. So that’s just 4 per ~70 activities. It’s either me being unlucky or R* should really look into that and balance it a little bit. I really enjoy doing it, but the reward is inaccurate.

TiberiusMcQueen

I think instead of more maps, hideout enemies should give generally better loot, and completing a hideout should reward some gold, if hideouts gave a few nuggets of gold and the enemies had more items for you to sell at the fence it would go a long way making them more worthwhile, I'd like actual maps to remain pretty rare.

Edited by TiberiusMcQueen

Jason

Yea hideouts need better rewards, the treasure map should be the bonus.

Poggy

I'll check tomorrow when I get chance.  Interesting query, and good method.

RayD70

I'm level 34. I'd have to check the exact number, but it has to be at least 20-24 gang hideouts cleared (not sure all of them counted with the bug).

I have yet to get a single map.

Hayes MP

Lvl 44, 103 Hideouts Cleared, 9 Treasure Maps found not counting the level bonuses. So I'm running around a 9% chance of finding one per hideout. Early on I was running at about a 5% find rate, but I had a little luck streak lately.

I've had countless ambushes and haven't found one from looting those. Is it confirmed that they have a chance as well?

TiberiusMcQueen

I've never gotten one from an ambush, but with how rare the drops are that could just be poor luck. 

Opzeker

I've only once gathered a treasure map from a gang hideout, don't remember if it was by looting an enemy or if it was straight given to me. 

Anybody knows? 

Jason

You loot them from enemies. I've heard you can get them from chests at gang hideouts too but I'm not 100% on that.

Bakkerbaard
15 minutes ago, Jason said:

You loot them from enemies. I've heard you can get them from chests at gang hideouts too but I'm not 100% on that.

Got one of mine from a chest.

I'm level 17 and I've found two, which in my case is one per character, but I don't do many hideouts because of lacking reward. Camps are often full of lockboxes which turn out empty, not to mention the infuriating chest in the back of the covered wagons which my limp ass guy won't climb into.

I just feel in in my bones that this is the chest that gets me the good loot, but I can't figure out how to get to it. I wake up in a puddle of sweat at night screaming for that tasty covered wagon treasure.

Shadowfennekin

I think the drop rate should be higher.

I've done 10 and haven't found a single one.

But really Hideouts need to be rewarding in general. I use my Repeater to get the ammo back, but I still usually come out with just $1-2

fejkb
5 hours ago, Jason said:

That's what I'm thinking. I've found countless boxes at hideouts near campfires and 90% were empty. There should be some ~10$ worth of items to sell at Fence. That would balance things out.

4 hours ago, RayD70 said:

I'm level 34. I'd have to check the exact number, but it has to be at least 20-24 gang hideouts cleared (not sure all of them counted with the bug).

I have yet to get a single map.

I've found 3 maps in a row. Right after finding treasure, first hideout/ambush and ka-ching. Too bad I got nothing for 30 in a row so far.

3 hours ago, Hayes MP said:

Lvl 44, 103 Hideouts Cleared, 9 Treasure Maps found not counting the level bonuses. So I'm running around a 9% chance of finding one per hideout. Early on I was running at about a 5% find rate, but I had a little luck streak lately.

I've had countless ambushes and haven't found one from looting those. Is it confirmed that they have a chance as well?

Yes, R* stated that in their note and I've gotten one from ambush near Valentine.

2 hours ago, Bakkerbaard said:

Got one of mine from a chest.

I'm level 17 and I've found two, which in my case is one per character, but I don't do many hideouts because of lacking reward. Camps are often full of lockboxes which turn out empty, not to mention the infuriating chest in the back of the covered wagons which my limp ass guy won't climb into.

I just feel in in my bones that this is the chest that gets me the good loot, but I can't figure out how to get to it. I wake up in a puddle of sweat at night screaming for that tasty covered wagon treasure.

All I found in chests so far were apples or carrots... #worthit

2 hours ago, Shadowfennekin said:

I think the drop rate should be higher.

I've done 10 and haven't found a single one.

But really Hideouts need to be rewarding in general. I use my Repeater to get the ammo back, but I still usually come out with just $1-2

Imo 10% for treasure map is fine, but we definately need more $ rewards for clearing it. It should be 100% chance for chests to contain ~10$ worth items + body loot. I'm 90% time clearing these alone, but let's not forget about posses.

Ektope
7 hours ago, fejkb said:

I want to ask you guys to check how many treasure maps you’ve found, what’s your lvl and how many gang hideouts did you clear (you can check it in awards. treasures found -> general, hideouts -> free roam)

31 treasures found. Level 156+. 31 gang hideouts cleared.

Edited by Ektope

Poggy

31 treasures, 31 hideouts???

fejkb
Just now, Poggy said:

31 treasures, 31 hideouts???

156lvl, so 30 treasures from lvling up, lul

Poggy

Ah, so going from Mega lucky to mega unlucky.  Basically, 1 treasure in 31 hideouts.  Ouch.

Ektope
Just now, Poggy said:

Ah, so going from Mega lucky to mega unlucky.  Basically, 1 treasure in 31 hideouts.  Ouch.

Yeah, I've cleared some gang hideouts but mostly in a posse of four people. So my luck to getting a treasure hunt map was much lower, cos someone else may have looted it.

fejkb
Just now, Ektope said:

Yeah, I've cleared some gang hideouts but mostly in a posse of four people. So my luck to getting a treasure hunt map was much lower, cos someone else may have looted it.

That's why we need some buff to hideout loot. So posses can still profit beside xp. Even going solo is less profitable than collecting herbs, lol.

I would recommend you guys to suggest your thoughts via feedback page

Argahawk

I cleared 34 hideouts and only found 1 treasure map.

Rshot

I'm lvl 20, I cleared 5 hideouts, 3 of them got me a map, geuss I got lucky there.

DrKrankenstein

i cleared 4 hideouts, found 2 maps so far

DonnieVega

Level 39, cleared 41 hideouts, 3 treasures from hideouts, 1 from ambush.

One thing that really bothers me in this is how easily the bodies (also animals) despawn when you're not even that far away.

However, when I'm in a solo session I never have issues with despawning corpses. Hope Rockstar can do something about that...

Edited by DonnieVega

We Are Ninja

The only treasure map that I've got from a gang hideout was the scripted one early in the game. All subsequent treasure maps have come steadily every five levels.

Fatsanchez

I am currently lvl 22 and besides the maps I got from leveling up, I believe I got 2 or 3 maps in gang hideouts. I know I got nothing to complain, but I also think people may be bugged, I know a friend of mine still haven’t got any maps from leveling up until his current lvl, 14 I believe.

Are there stats for treasure maps and hideouts cleared? I checked my game but havent found them.

One time I had just gotten a treasure from leveling up, and after finding it I was walking around when I found a gang hideout, where I found yet another map. It was my most lucky moment so far. Like 2 treasures in 30 minutes.

Neeloc

Level 45 here, never been "farming" these things. I mean, if I see one near when im riding somewhere, I clear it.... and I've only got 2 maps from hideouts and ambushes.

Ryan5252

Is there any correlation in maps being found when the leader has been spared vs shot in the face? 

I've cleared 13 hideouts and no maps. Level 41. Sometimes I spare the leader sometimes I kill him. 

fejkb
5 minutes ago, Ryan5252 said:

Is there any correlation in maps being found when the leader has been spared vs shot in the face? 

I've cleared 13 hideouts and no maps. Level 41. Sometimes I spare the leader sometimes I kill him. 

So far I didn’t get map from leader, but there are rumors you can get it if you spare him. I guess killing him wouldn’t change having treasure map in his loot, but who knows...

3 hours ago, Fatsanchez said:

Are there stats for treasure maps and hideouts cleared? I checked my game but havent found them.

I’ve pointed out where to find these stats in my first post ;)

Ektope
12 minutes ago, fejkb said:

So far I didn’t get map from leader, but there are rumors you can get it if you spare him. I guess killing him wouldn’t change having treasure map in his loot, but who knows...

3 hours ago, Fatsanchez said:

I would hogtie the leader. Loot him. Then spare him at the end of gang fight.

DentureDynamite
19 hours ago, Jason said:

Last night I did a hideout, and there was (IIRC) ONE bottle of Gin; otherwise, zero loot (only bodies) both outside and inside the house, and I tore that place apart looking for stuff.

Getting 8 cents here and 12 cents there (and oh! look! 44 cents!) for killing thieves who've supposedly robbed and killed who-knows-how-many people is like a slap in the face.

Anymore, I don't bother with hideouts and I just speed ride through ambushes--especially when I can be making substantially more; they're just a waste of time and ammo.

I don't have time for buggy NPCs that take multiple shots to kill, when I get insta-headshot by lawmen that R* uses to quickly end their NPC losses.

Edited by DentureDynamite

Jason
13 hours ago, fejkb said:

Imo 10% for treasure map is fine, but we definately need more $ rewards for clearing it. It should be 100% chance for chests to contain ~10$ worth items + body loot. I'm 90% time clearing these alone, but let's not forget about posses.

Nah, that'd make doing them with groups awful. Just give a cash + nugget payout to everyone that participated. Then that way looting the bodies is the bonus and treasure maps are the jackpot.