1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

4nsmiley

Which locations would be interesting for mission?

4nsmiley

Which locations around San Andreas would be interesting for a mission? 

Edited by 4nsmiley

Beg_Ultra

What mission are you talking about?

Edited by Beg_Ultra

lil weasel

Getting to meet Kathy before the Island is Open, does that. Yes,

perennial
6 hours ago, 4nsmiley said:

Which location around San Andreas would be interesting for mission?

Bayside Marina north of the Gant Bridge. The location was supposed to be featured in the cut mission "The Truth Is Out There", but the final game just has a boat school there.

4nsmiley
7 hours ago, Beg_Ultra said:

What mission are you talking about?

I’m not talking about a actual mission. I’m asking what location in San Andreas would be good or interesting place for a mission in your opinion 

Edited by 4nsmiley

lil weasel

The whole of the map, as required for the type of action you want.

4nsmiley

It not all about action lmao it was just a example. Their so many locations that seem like a good spot for a story mission or a side mission. I thought it was interesting topic 

Lioshenka

I have to agree with lil weasel, all of them. SA map is done well, and depending on the type of mission any area would provide a suitable and enjoyable environment to play in.

I would personally prefer the desert, Verdant Bluffs, B'o'B - but can't really say I'd dislike any.

Wolff

Avispa Country Club and the V-Rock Hotel, cool locations which sadly play no role during any mission!

Edited by Wolff

TheSantader25

Bayside since it wasn't used. But yeah. The whole map is phenomenal. 

FlexiveFowl

Download the DYOM mod, and see for yourself the area's that can make good missions. 

Although some suggestions

- The film studio in Vinewood. It is well detailed but never used in the game. 

- The ship in Ocean Docks.

- The big skydiving building in Downtown Los Santos.

Edited by FlexiveFowl

Beg_Ultra

Bayside Marina is used for Boat school. There is also an unique vibrator, and a helicopter, + it's somehow exempted from 4 stars restriction. So there are many reasons to visit it even without Boat School.

The desert, Verdant Bluffs, both are featured in many missions already. Apart from that, both contain safe houses, both contain an airport, many hidden weapons, armors, collectibles such as oysters or tags, that's plenty of reasons to visit these places, it's actually impossible to progress in the game without visiting them. Back O' Beyond, the same thing: Chasing Smoke's courier ("Sanchez job") happens to be out there many times, and there are several countryside races that take place at BoB. Also 3 oysters are located in that area. Quadbike is located out there as well. So, again, lots of reasons to visit that place. Avispa Country club contains 2 snapshots, a chainsaw, and the satchel charges. Also, one of the races, the one that uses small race kart, takes place there. V-Rock hotel has a horseshoe and an oyster. The film studio I think is kinda used in Cut throat business. The Ocean Docks ship is used for Export Import, 30 cars. And there is an oyster under it. And the tallest Los Santos building has a parachute. So basically all the places contain some mission, or something mission related, or there are other reasons to visit it. Basically, the game gives the player a reason to visit 95% of the map. But anyways, it's impossible to make a mission for literally every single building, every single street, valley, village, hill or rock in the game. It's literally an entire federal state, I guess you're aware of it.

21 hours ago, 4nsmiley said:

I’m not talking about a actual mission. I’m asking what location in San Andreas would be good or interesting place for a mission in your opinion 

Any place, an entire map.

4nsmiley
19 hours ago, FlexiveFowl said:

Download the DYOM mod, and see for yourself the area's that can make good missions. 

Although some suggestions

- The film studio in Vinewood. It is well detailed but never used in the game. 

- The ship in Ocean Docks.

- The big skydiving building in Downtown Los Santos.

I wish but I don’t have a pc lol only can played it on my PS2/PS4 and mobile 

Edited by 4nsmiley

4nsmiley
On 12/17/2018 at 6:17 AM, Beg_Ultra said:

Bayside Marina is used for Boat school. There is also an unique vibrator, and a helicopter, + it's somehow exempted from 4 stars restriction. So there are many reasons to visit it even without Boat School.

The desert, Verdant Bluffs, both are featured in many missions already. Apart from that, both contain safe houses, both contain an airport, many hidden weapons, armors, collectibles such as oysters or tags, that's plenty of reasons to visit these places, it's actually impossible to progress in the game without visiting them. Back O' Beyond, the same thing: Chasing Smoke's courier ("Sanchez job") happens to be out there many times, and there are several countryside races that take place at BoB. Also 3 oysters are located in that area. Quadbike is located out there as well. So, again, lots of reasons to visit that place. Avispa Country club contains 2 snapshots, a chainsaw, and the satchel charges. Also, one of the races, the one that uses small race kart, takes place there. V-Rock hotel has a horseshoe and an oyster. The film studio I think is kinda used in Cut throat business. The Ocean Docks ship is used for Export Import, 30 cars. And there is an oyster under it. And the tallest Los Santos building has a parachute. So basically all the places contain some mission, or something mission related, or there are other reasons to visit it. Basically, the game gives the player a reason to visit 95% of the map. But anyways, it's impossible to make a mission for literally every single building, every single street, valley, village, hill or rock in the game. It's literally an entire federal state, I guess you're aware of it.

Any place, an entire map.

Yes I’m aware of that it a whole state. Yes I know you can’t have mission for every rock and hill lmao. I just thought it would be a good topic to discuss. 

Edited by 4nsmiley

Evil empire

-The Whetstone farm with a mission to destroy a Loco Syndicate drug lab. The location overlooks a big area and is remote enough to make a good stronghold.

-Bayside with a mission to eliminate important remnants of the Loco Syndicate and escape by boat or helicopter with Ballas and Rifa chasing CJ.

-The big jump place in the desert, north of the Sherman Dam: having a mission to destroy enemies underneath then escape making the huge jump with a ultrapowerful nitro mode while the enemies all crash in the water would be very funny.

Jack Lupino

I think the desert area and its surrounding had a lot of unexplored places like the big ear,the town with giant chicken model,the ufo themed cafe,the snake farms etc.

Official General

I would also say anywhere on the map, every part of the map just looks so good and interesting to explore. But since you ask for specific examples, here are some

1. Bayside. It is a very beautiful-looking and scenic small seaside town with a very quiet feel and laidback atmosphere. I wish there had been missions taking place there, it'd have been interesting to see what they would have come up with. 

2. East Beach. This part of Los Santos was barely used in missions, but it looks really nice with the highway running alongside a long sandy beach and high rise apartments. 

3. All the small countryside towns. There is a wide variety of great story ideas that could easily be utilized in these locations. 

4. Ocean Flats. I don't know why, but I just love this part of San Fierro and I'd just love to see some street gang stuff happen there. It looks like an SF version of a ghetto, but much nicer looking than LS ghettos. 

5. Rockshore West, Redsands West and Whitewood Estates. All these look like the very rough and dangerous side of Las Venturas, it looks like anything goes in those parts. 

Edited by Official General

4nsmiley
11 hours ago, Evil empire said:

-The Whetstone farm with a mission to destroy a Loco Syndicate drug lab. The location overlooks a big area and is remote enough to make a good stronghold.

-Bayside with a mission to eliminate important remnants of the Loco Syndicate and escape by boat or helicopter with Ballas and Rifa chasing CJ.

-The big jump place in the desert, north of the Sherman Dam: having a mission to destroy enemies underneath then escape making the huge jump with a ultrapowerful nitro mode while the enemies all crash in the water would be very funny.

The bayside one sound fun and kinda remind me of that gta v mission. Where you rob the small-town bank in those juggernaut suits. Also every mission need a good boat chase. lmao 

j7n

If you added gang activity to Bayside and Ocean Flats, they would no longer be quiet, laid back and nice, and instead become more similar to other parts of the map. I like those areas in multiplayer especially because they don't have gang connections. It would be nice to own a safe house in Bayside in the standard game as a remote hideout, and as a save point for starting the boat challanges. The unused big interior (armory from the chain game) would roughly fit the big house with the flowers and garage.

Seth

It's would be good if there a mission based on Mount Chilliad, like racing mission of Cesar, or skydiving from unknown character(any character), Rockstar Games basically removed a side mission of skydiving in Mount Chilliad and replace it with cycling race, it's would be intersting if some mission advanced to be on Mount Chillad or LV Deserts highlands than the mission "Badlands".

GTA_CAT

It would have been interesting to do a mission on Angel Pine junkyard, beside the truck mission. It's a creepy and spooky place where somebody is taken to after being kidnapped, VCS style. 

Missionary hill radio tower: idk it's a big tall tower it could have been used for something. Also in the nearby area of the tower there's the Foster Valley which is a pretty big district although being poorly used.

Another places are the beach near Angel Pine, LS to SF highway boundaries, el Valle Ocultado, the golf course and stadium in northern suburbs of LV.........

Official General
On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:53 AM, j7n said:

If you added gang activity to Bayside and Ocean Flats, they would no longer be quiet, laid back and nice, and instead become more similar to other parts of the map. I like those areas in multiplayer especially because they don't have gang connections. It would be nice to own a safe house in Bayside in the standard game as a remote hideout, and as a save point for starting the boat challanges. The unused big interior (armory from the chain game) would roughly fit the big house with the flowers and garage.

San Fierro needed a ghetto, because in real life the Bay Area has it's own big ghetto and gang culture, well in Oakland mostly. I wanted something like that in SF, so Ocean Flats would be great for that kind of setting. In my game I've placed gangs in Ocean Flats anyway, the Ballas and Families, they turned it into an occasional war zone !

Beg_Ultra
On 12/19/2018 at 11:51 AM, Evil empire said:

That or some the Truth type of missions would be cool on that farm, or the area itself. Or a Hilltop farm. The countryside, Red County/Flint County/etc are definately suitable for some very cool missions, different from what CJ usually does. I just love that Whetstone Safe house, something about it is very cool. Not the place itself, but an entire area: it's well placed in such a cool area, ideal for hiding (King in exile), and the view from that cliff is very nice.

The desert could also use some more cool missions of various types. 

Not direclty related to missions, but I wish some parts of SF had more gang activity, that would be similar to LS. Doherty's area arround the gym and Burger Shot, the RIfas should be more hostile over there. And, there should be some touching areas between SF gangs (there are none), where gang members from 2 rival gangs happen to meet at times, and conflict, like it happens in LS. I like SF the way it is, quiet and peaceful, but little more gang activities and some fights between the gangs (both of these in some areas only, not all over SF like it's the case in LS) would really be nice. 

Basically, most of the places mentioned here would be cool for some particular missions, definately... but... then, these places wouldn't be that interesing anymore like they are now, if they were all used for some missions...

Edited by Beg_Ultra

Official General
25 minutes ago, Beg_Ultra said:

That or some the Truth type of missions would be cool on that farm, or the area itself. Or a Hilltop farm. The countryside, Red County/Flint County/etc are definately suitable for some very cool missions, different from what CJ usually does. I just love that Whetstone Safe house, something about it is very cool. Not the place itself, but an entire area: it's well places in such a cool area, ideal for hiding (King in exile), and the view from that cliff is very nice.

The desert could also use some more cool missions of various types. 

Not direclty related to missions, but I wish some parts of SF had more gang activity, that would be similar to LS. Doherty's area arround the gym and Burger Shot, the RIfas should be more hostile over there. And, there should be some touching areas between SF gangs (there are none), where gang members from 2 rival gangs happen to meet at times, and conflict, like it happens in LS. I like SF the way it is, quiet and peaceful, but little more gang activities and some fights between the gangs (both of these in some areas only, not all over SF like it's the case in LS) would really be nice. 

Basically, most of the places mentioned here would be cool for some particular missions, definately... but... then, these places wouldn't be that interesing anymore like they are now, if they were all used for some missions...

Same here. SF could have done with a bit more gang activity in the rougher areas, not as much as LS, just a bit to make it feel alive. However in the rough districts random shootings and gunfights still popped off, so it was not all missing. 

Beg_Ultra
4 minutes ago, Official General said:

Same here. SF could have done with a bit more gang activity in the rougher areas, not as much as LS, just a bit to make it feel alive. However in the rough districts random shootings and gunfights still popped off, so it was not all missing. 

Exactly, to make it feel alive. This way, it seems like the gangs are there only to be there. Yes, there are some shootings, but it's very less. The Triads will shoot at you if fire in their areas when they're present (although I think it doesn't make much sense, they shouldn't do that, since you're like brothers with Woozie, and working very closely with that gang, so they should be instructed by Woozie to tolerate you). Da Nang Boys will shoot at you if you fire in their areas, and sometimes attack you after conversation when you're standing close to them, but they control mostly parts of the city you rarely visit. I mostly meet them at Ocean Docks, and that's all... and the Rifas are almost not a gang. When you intentionally walk arround them, they'll rarely attack you after you say where you're from, and even when they attack you, just one punch is enough to make all 4 of them run away. You can also shoot in their areas as much as you want, they won't attack you with gunfire. And, actually, in SF I'm mostly interested to see their own conflicts and fights, CJ is not from SF so he's not such a rival to these gangs hence it's OK if they're not so hostile towards him, but I wanna see them fighting each other, like LS gangs do. I wanna see the Triads pulling Da Nang guy out of the car on traffic light and beating him up or shooting him, I wanna see Rifas coming out of car and shooting at Triads whenever they would use gunfire, that's the sh*t... Especially two Asian gangs, I wanna see them fighting to prove who's No1 Asian gang in SF, and I wanna se Rifas proving they're not pussies and they can compete other hispanic gangs (Vagos, Aztecas)

Official General
4 minutes ago, Beg_Ultra said:

Exactly, to make it feel alive. This way, it seems like the gangs are there only to be there. Yes, there are some shootings, but it's very less. The Triads will shoot at you if fire in their areas when they're present (although I think it doesn't make much sense, they shouldn't do that, since you're like brothers with Woozie, and working very closely with that gang, so they should be instructed by Woozie to tolerate you). Da Nang Boys will shoot at you if you fire in their areas, and sometimes attack you after conversation when you're standing close to them, but they control mostly parts of the city you rarely visit. I mostly meet them at Ocean Docks, and that's all... and the Rifas are almost not a gang. When you intentionally walk arround them, they'll rarely attack you after you say where you're from, and even when they attack you, just one punch is enough to make all 4 of them run away. You can also shoot in their areas as much as you want, they won't attack you with gunfire. And, actually, in SF I'm mostly interested to see their own conflicts and fights, CJ is not from SF so he's not such a rival to these gangs hence it's OK if they're not so hostile towards him, but I wanna see them fighting each other, like LS gangs do. I wanna see the Triads pulling Da Nang guy out of the car on traffic light and beating him up or shooting him, I wanna see Rifas coming out of car and shooting at Triads whenever they would use gunfire, that's the sh*t... Especially two Asian gangs, I wanna see them fighting to prove who's No1 Asian gang in SF, and I wanna se Rifas proving they're not pussies and they can compete other hispanic gangs (Vagos, Aztecas)

Well I've fixed it on game with the Save Editor 😎

Beg_Ultra

Haha, gotcha :D Well, I don't like messing with the game and mods, I like to play it the way it is (at least for now), but would really like to see how your SF looks. If you can, record some ordinary gameplay from SF to show us the atmoshphere, you could post in on Youtube and share the link, I'm sure other people would like to see it as well :D

Official General
1 hour ago, Beg_Ultra said:

Haha, gotcha :D Well, I don't like messing with the game and mods, I like to play it the way it is (at least for now), but would really like to see how your SF looks. If you can, record some ordinary gameplay from SF to show us the atmoshphere, you could post in on Youtube and share the link, I'm sure other people would like to see it as well :D

I will try and post some pics, I'm planning on releasing a concept thread soon, just out pure fun. 

My SF looks 10x better than the original, that I CAN ASSURE YOU. It has SkyGfx and Project 2DFx which enhances the game's effects and visuals naturally in default graphic fashion. SF looks amazing using these two mods. I have a mod called More Details to San Fierro that adds more ambient objects like phone booths, fountains, newspaper stands etc. I've improved Cranberry Station to look like a proper major rail terminal. Southern SF is inhabited by street gangs like Families, Ballas and Vagos. 

santosvagos
9 hours ago, Beg_Ultra said:

I did it by using cleo to adjust the gang turf if you want i can give my cleo gang turf file.

Big_Smiley
13 hours ago, Beg_Ultra said:

You know what reading this I almost forgot how peaceful and calm SF was. Unfortunately I f*cked up the gangs files with many glitches caused by the fly out territory glitch mixed with the stachel method mixed with gameshark codes ("old school PS2 cheat device") I got many years back from an old friend.

It's just a mess and the more I play this save file the more it kinds annoys me, lol. Seeing as the SF Rifa and Traids have actual turf wars with the Vagos and low-key GSF owns the entire SF map it just in now way safe:turn: Not to mention crack dealers spawing all over the f*cking place while LSPD helicopters keep flying in every damn direction. I don't even remember how I got dealers to spawn let alone seeing Hispanic dealers. The rarest of them all. Never finished up LV. Only have a few Vago and Balla turf there mixed with little of Grove Street influence. 

It's always good to have an extra few back-up save files :happy:

Edited by Big_Smiley