3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Is Deadeye Broken, or is it me?

Wil Liam

Is Deadeye broken? Before the patches this week, Deadeye was putting 2, or 3,or 4 markers (x) on targets that I only wanted to shoot once, and ruining a lot of three star skins and pelts.. Today I cannot get Deadeye to put even one marker on anything.

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2018 at 12:40 AM, Will Liam said:

Is Deadeye broken? Before the patches this week, Deadeye was putting 2, or 3,or 4 markers (x) on targets that I only wanted to shoot once, and ruining a lot of three star skins and pelts.. Today I cannot get Deadeye to put even one marker on anything.

Did you figure this out? In the beginning you will have auto mark targets, but after the mission Pouring Forth Oil you learn to choose your own targets, so the auto mark targets will be gone, so it's not broken.

Edited by Ingrobny

1 hour ago, Ingrobny said:

Did you figure this out? In the beginning you will have auto mark targets, but after the mission Pouring Forth Oil you learn to choose your own targets, so the auto mark targets will be gone, so it's not broken.

No sir, I have not figured this out. I did not know exactly when Auto Mark had stopped working; I only knew that it had stopped ruining what should have been perfect hides/pelts/skins. I still do not know how to place marks on targets while Deadeye is active, if, or when I want them, and Google is of no help. Advice or assistance would be appreciated.

1 minute ago, Will Liam said:

No sir, I have not figured this out. I did not know exactly when Auto Mark had stopped working; I only knew that it had stopped ruining what should have been perfect hides/pelts/skins. I still do not know how to place marks on targets while Deadeye is active, if, or when I want them, and Google is of no help. Advice or assistance would be appreciated.

On PS4 (not sure what the buttons is called on Xbox One controller though), R3 first to enable dead eye, use R1 to lock on aimed target/targets, you can use R1 to lock on targets when aimed on as many times you want, until the gun or guns are empty

22 minutes ago, Ingrobny said:

On PS4 (not sure what the buttons is called on Xbox One controller though), R3 first to enable dead eye, use R1 to lock on aimed target/targets, you can use R1 to lock on targets when aimed on as many times you want, until the gun or guns are empty

Thank you very much! The R3 and L3 buttons on PS4 are called RS and LS (right stick and left stick) respectively on the Xbox One, and function in the same manor as on the PS4. Thank you for your reply and assistance.

5 hours ago, Ingrobny said:

Thank you, gunfights should now be much easier, and I will be able to complete Sharpshooter Challenge 2. I had stopped trying to find the answer to my question but your reply to my post spurred me to try again, and with the help of your suggestion, here is what I discovered.

Press and hold LT (left trigger).

While holding LT, press RS (right stick) to activate Deadeye.

Still holding LT, and with Deadeye active, use RS to move the aim point to the first target, and press RB (right bumper) to mark the target.

Continue to hold LT, and mark additional targets as needed, and then press RT to shoot all marked targets and deactivate Deadeye.

Releasing LT at any time before pressing RT will unmark all targets and deactivate Deadeye. In addition, if the Deadeye timer runs out before RT is pressed, all targets will be unmarked.

On 1/18/2019 at 3:36 AM, Will Liam said:

Thank you, gunfights should now be much easier, and I will be able to complete Sharpshooter Challenge 2. I had stopped trying to find the answer to my question but your reply to my post spurred me to try again, and with the help of your suggestion, here is what I discovered.

Press and hold LT (left trigger).

While holding LT, press RS (right stick) to activate Deadeye.

Still holding LT, and with Deadeye active, use RS to move the aim point to the first target, and press RB (right bumper) to mark the target.

Continue to hold LT, and mark additional targets as needed, and then press RT to shoot all marked targets and deactivate Deadeye.

Releasing LT at any time before pressing RT will unmark all targets and deactivate Deadeye. In addition, if the Deadeye timer runs out before RT is pressed, all targets will be unmarked.

That's spot on 😃. Just a heads-up, for sharpshooter challenge 9, you need to complete mission Urban Pleasure in chapter 4, because in the end of that mission you learn the ability to continue free fire while in dead eye:

liOHstk.png

with this you can start dead eye and free shot as long as you want, untill dead eye is empty and this is what we need for sharpshooter challenge 9 😃.

Edited by Ingrobny