3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GoofProofMocha

Thoughts on Death Bikes?

GenericGTAO

Definitely agree, my first inclination was the bike is probably the best, but everyone owns one, so it deathbike wars.

Touge Spirit Leader

f*ck the Deathbikes, I take massive pride in whooping them in Wreck-It in my MFP spec V8 Interceptor. Deathbikes are bullsh*t plain and simple. The rider can't be knocked off, damage is done to the bike. It should be faster and more nimble but it should also be an exposed death machine. If I come flying into your ass in real life at 100+ when your in a Harley and I'm in a Falcon XB my bumper would be screwed but your ass would be grass.

^This is what it should look like when a Deathbike, Cerburus and Imperator are all in the same lobby

Edited by Touge Spirit Leader
Adding demonstration

georgewillie

Sasquatch grenades guys.  

Bandersnatch

At first was thinking poxy Deathbikes untill they became highly entertaining when making them ride into kinetic mines. 

Agent 14

Buy a bike problem solved. 

Agent 14

My thoughts on the deathbikes is that they're annoying.

People use them to cheese the f*ck out the game by just running away from everyone then coming in later like the cowards they are to kill you.

Spectre "2K"

R* just has a knack for making notorious motorcycles that don't look that good and annoy everyone but the user, don't they?

EkaSwede

It's funny when 7 out of 8 in the opponent team picked Deathbikes in Games Masters. They didn't last long.

crybaby17h16

throw mines in different tight places that you think they will pass through, keep an eye for that satisfying message where it notify you that you just annihilated someone lol..

i don't think they are annoying its just.. it is what it is, you gonna deal with them, thats how they should be in my opinion, sneaky, fast, tiny, annoying, vulnerable to traps but not to the other vehicules so they won't be useless.

in carnage is where they have their full potential, cuz they are like cockroaches, hard to catch but so satisfying to kill.. lol and i use deathbike a lot myself so 😛 

in wreck it, pretty much so riscky to take them to that deatch race, traps everywhere, mines, soon you find yourself thrown in the air cuz of some kinectic mine. altough i use death bike on wreck it cuz vehicules are so slidy. so i take the risk.

pretty much all modes have kind of specific vehicules that will suit or not suit them so..

like in flag wars i stay next to my flag and i hit the bikes with that ram of that ZR3266 blah blah to like give them a hard push, or thorw mines in the entrance of my flag territory. 

and yeah... ❤️

JustCallMeNiko

These bikes should have modified stats, depending on which modes they are being used in...you should be able to knock the rider off much more easily in some modes than others...

Aghakhi

Deathbike is evil, the f*ckers managed to do the Opressor Mk. II for Arena Wars I'd say.

It makes no sense that the rider is impossible to knock out by crashing into them, I mean that alone is pretty much 70% of what makes them so overpowered. It doesn't matter your speed, when you crash into one it just bounces off and then laughs at your attempt :/ And why the hell it takes so long to blow one up? Can a Rockstar designer explain me why the f*cking heck a barely armored bike can soak up seemingly as much damage as my maxed out ZR-380? Of course not, because it DOESN'T MAKES ANY SENSE to begin with! You get stuck to fighting fire with fire or spamming kinetic mines to survive!

It spoils an awesome addition to the game that you have a vehicle that's hard to catch up, hard to hit, easy to miss and even with all these advantages is just as much resilient as any of the cars. In my opinion it should be more agile and have the same firepower as of now but on the flip side if a car comes in fast and just as much as TOUCH your bike you become instant roadkill, and the rider would also be vulnerable to being shot dead from the bike. Any explosion would be just as dangerous as a kinetic mine too

D9fred95

Only way I've managed to kill any Deathbikes is with the Sasquatch in Flag War. Everyone groups up at the base and sit there like morons when I run them over. Managed to kill three at once due to them using such a tactic.

Aghakhi
2 hours ago, D9fred95 said:

Only way I've managed to kill any Deathbikes is with the Sasquatch in Flag War. Everyone groups up at the base and sit there like morons when I run them over. Managed to kill three at once due to them using such a tactic.

That's one of the reasons why I bought one haha :D

CoachDub25

The death bikes are getting too much credit here. Wreck It modes are where the bikes have a clear advantage and this is due to the speed boost and the fact that the bikes can squeeze in between obstacles and are agile enough to avoid  them and other vehicles. However, mines and explosive barrels will stop a deathbike in one blow to where other vehicles can at least handle hitting a couple of these. This is also true with drones and rc cars. Not to mention the traps can send a bike hurling through the air into the middle of the arena to where they are essentially out of the race until they can find a way back on to the track.

I think an option in wreck it, to only allow one vehicle type, would have been good. The mode that is exclusive to bikes, buzzer beater, is the worst arena war event in my opinion.

Across the other modes, bikes do take more damage on the electric and flame traps. If a bike is anywhere near another exploding vehicle it's done. I don't mean right up next to it either, it's more like a 10 yard radius, especially if the vehicle is exploding from the hot bomb. Another disadvantage is that they can fit in and get stuck in places where the other vehicles can't, along with the fact that if you accidentally run up a wall or get perpendicular to the ground by driving over a small obstacle, then it automatically kills you for "falling off" or whatever the logic is there. So, the advantages they have as far as speed and size, also equate to disadvantages due the same reasons.

Deathbikes aren't OP, they're just versatile. This is why I purchased one and modded it out after the first couple of arena events that I played.

Perturbator

Pretty cool.