3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GoofProofMocha

Thoughts on Death Bikes?

GoofProofMocha

This update is called Arena War, and you have this gladitorial arena that you fight eachother to the death. Typically the bikers just run around until they are one of the last standing and take out the last person who actually did some fighting so has low health. If you think that is how this gamemode should be played then you should go be a pussy somewhere else...  seriously. I get that it is a strategy and yes... players are allowed to strategize, but they should not have such a bland, boring, cookiecutter strategy that actually works. Something the announcers talk about often is view counts. The views for arena war would go DOWN if the winners were always a biker that just ran around hoping they wouldn't get hit the whole time and then pick off the last person who actually did some work and fought many people. I get there are some counters to the bikes but many people do not have custom vehicles since they are so expensive therefore they just get absolutely destroyed by bikes. You can't flip bikers over with rams as you can with cars, you can't turn as quickly as bikes, and you can't even hit a bike with your guns most of the time. I believe that either bikes should have their damage reduced so they can't do such extreme amounts of damage without having to worry about taking much in return. Or keep them as they are, kind of like assassins that sit in the shadows waiting to strike and reduce their survivability. Possibly make it so if they get smashed by someones ram they actually blow up instead of bouncing off. I don't think reducing their health would be a perfect solution, there isn't a perfect solution at all to this, but I suggest that deathbikes take increased damage from being hit by other vehicles since they can't actually fly off their bikes. This would make bikers more cautious of their surroundings as they should be as a motorcyclist. What are your guys thoughts on how deathbikes could be changed? 

duskpanthers

Realistically, If the game can be played fair with default vehicles, then the company can't earn from shark card. 

Anyway, if you can't win them, join them. Use the bike until you have enough money to customise one. 

Lonely-Martin

Such fire in that OP, lol. Someone had another run circles around them!

Hard to blame players and call them names for using what's legitimately on offer though. It's all on R* dude.

Get one, but I've swatted enough in a standard car/truck too. sh*t happens, and we can't win 'em all.

Voodoo-Hendrix

I think the biggest issue with the Deathbike is that the rider soaks up all the damage, while the bike itself remains intact. If the rider was actually vulnerable to bullets by transfering all damage from its user to the bike itself, then the Deathbike would be still annoying to fight against, but not as OP as it currently is.

I said it once and I'll say ut again, R* should have based the Deathbike on Mr. Grimm from the Twisted Metal series, basically being a high risk/high reward vehicle with powerful weapons, great handling and speed but next to no armor.

About counters against the Deathbike, I have found the following:

- Crushing it with a Sasquatch (notr that if you have a Ram installed, it will be harder to crush it because you'll push the bike instead).

- Having Spikes installed on a car seems to damage them when ramming them.

- Kinetic Mines one shot them.

- EMP + Detonate combo with the Drone.

- Get a Deathbike yourself and bike melee to death (it only works in Carnage and Wreck It AFAIK):

BTW, it's my imagination or the Deathbike's Miniguns/Plasma Guns have a greater ROF than the other cars weapons?

viewbob

should just be a separate game mode for the bike and the rest are only the trucks/cars

Voodoo-Hendrix
1 hour ago, viewbob said:

should just be a separate game mode for the bike and the rest are only the trucks/cars

That would defeat the purpose of a vehicle that's already limited on what modes can be used already.

I propose to rebalance it instead.

Touge Spirit Leader

They should just make it so that if you ram a biker, they'll fall off

Lonely-Martin
16 minutes ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

That would defeat the purpose of a vehicle that's already limited on what modes can be used already.

I propose to rebalance it instead.

Definitely more ideal. I hope for more vehicles and modes so it's be nice for it all to be more and more competitive out there for sure with a good mixture of strategies that can work.

Of course, if go-karts come, I'd prefer it to just be those battling it out, same if they add NASCAR style races (less likely thanks to the ones we already have unfortunately). Definitely room for modes with just cars or trucks/bikes etc though. But while there's lesser modes, a good variety is ideal too or it'll get repetitive too quick, IMO.

FuturePastNow

A+ pedestrian mulcher

Fluffy Sock

Too op when upgraded, and still useful in some modes when stock. That can't be said about the rest of the arena vehicles, aside from the stock Sasquatch in Here Comes the Monsters.

Needs rebalance, tbh.

Edited by Fluffy Sock

staar

I hate it. Too small to hit with guns, they have guns closer to each other so they have better accuracy, can't knock them off, rams like a god damn dumptruck, more agile and faster than everybody else....

It's truly OP at the moment. Call me a pessimist but It will either:

A. Never get fixed or B. Get fixed when majority of players already stopped playing this mode. 

MisFit-138

Didn't realise it was so op, I thought I was just really good.

I gotta say though, I love mine. I have guns and light armor, that's all. I dont like the way the other armor looks so I probably won't buy. Might have to buy two, one for arena wars and one clean. I love that twin .50 look though.

White Shark

Can the rider perform melee's whilst using this bike like kicking?

Voodoo-Hendrix
35 minutes ago, White Shark said:

Can the rider perform melee's whilst using this bike like kicking?

Yes, but only in Carnage, Wreck It and Time Bomb for some reason.

White Shark
23 minutes ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

Yes, but only in Carnage, Wreck It and Time Bomb for some reason.

Thanks pal.

CaliMeatWagon
On 12/15/2018 at 11:13 AM, MisFit-138 said:

Didn't realise it was so op, I thought I was just really good.

I gotta say though, I love mine. I have guns and light armor, that's all. I dont like the way the other armor looks so I probably won't buy. Might have to buy two, one for arena wars and one clean. I love that twin .50 look though.

I'm been knocked off mine multiple times, as well as falling off of it because too extreme of an angle. Any type of explosions happen even close to it and it's game over as well. Kinetic mines are deadly to the bike. 

Pankypops

It's all part of their Shark Card scheme.

White Shark

The Deathbike does need some rebalancing. I got run over by a Sasquatch and took hardly any damage. If one of those wheels so much as touch me on my bike I should be roadkill. Should be easier for the rider to be killed from vehicle machine gun fire too.

In one match, it was just down to me and another Deathbiker, and he was just riding away from me without fighting, so it was impossible to kill him. In the end I got killed by a drone and he won, without doing a single thing all match (got no kills), whilst I had killed 4 enemies. 

The game should also award players bonus AP for every kill they get or objective they secure, and not just the winner who in this case just hid and ran away the whole match. 

lost-in-emotions

ikwum and sad about this, but running away is also a strategy ;-(

CaliMeatWagon

Tomtomsengermany

the only mode where these bikes are op is hot bomb.

in flag war you can easily get kill streaks by laying kinetic mines in the near of your flag ( when you respawn with triangle your mines are filled up again). same for wreck it and carnage. some good placed mines will send these bastards to the spectator box.

Edited by Tomtomsengermany

whywontyoulisten

Thoughts on paragraphs?

Snoopbr

Deathbikes deserve a hate/ridicule topic.

Chris_Cof
On 12/15/2018 at 1:57 PM, duskpanthers said:

Anyway, if you can't win them, join them. Use the bike until you have enough money to customise one.  

Ha! I'm exactly done same thing. I bought deathbike and very satisfied: Smooth, fast, turnable and have good weapons.

This situation makes me laugh a bit because lot of payers who disagree and moaning on deathbikers, flying on sh***y Opressors and Opressors II, destroy everything and killing everyone.
Touché! :D

Edited by Chris_Cof

GTA-Biker

I haven't tried them out (my PS Plus membership expired back in the summer,and I still haven't renewed it,maybe I will start playing again during snow days),but to be honest I don't plan to get one.I've seen a few pictures and videos of them,and I prefer my regular Gargoyle over a heavily customized Mad Max-inspired version of it.

n1tr0t0m

Not like you can have a gargoyle and a deathbike :P

EkaSwede

It's OP in terms of being hard to hit and rather nimble. Although I enjoy picking it in Wreck It and going after other deathbikes to kick them off. Very satisfying. Who needs guns when you got kicks? Sadly kicking doesn't work well on cars for some reason.

Voodoo-Hendrix
12 hours ago, White Shark said:

Should be easier for the rider to be killed from vehicle machine gun fire too.

I agree, the rider shouldn't be inmune to bullets.

Weirdly enough, if you get hit by a Cerberus's Flamethrower, your character will be set on fire and his health (not the bike's) will start to decrease.

Gaffa

Even the guns are 'better than the rest' although I've not done much testing. 

For example, going against a stock arena war vehicle, non customised.... the bike will almost destroy the opposing vehicle when its ammo runs out before reloading, whereas the Scarab will deplete it's ammo 2 or more times just for the same result. 

Now I'm wondering whether I should make it my favourite bike... the Oppressor was my favourite due to being used all the time to get from A to B (didn't make the Mk.2 the favourite over concerns that the Mk.1 would be faster when the Mk.2 was patched) but one thing about the favourite bike bonus is that your weapons deal extra damage - the Oppressor and Mk.2 variants can only use their primary weapon(s), whereas on the Deathbike, you get use of the miniguns (which aren't too shabby) and all the other weapons including guns and melee. 

Maybe driving at full speed with the nitrous and then jumping into the air could allow the bike to glide across the map but I dunno yet. 
Lol, fun fact... apparently Google Chrome didn't know the word 'nitrous'. That little bugger's been added to the dictionary now though. :/ 

White Shark
12 hours ago, lost-in-emotions said:

ikwum and sad about this, but running away is also a strategy ;-(

In the hot bomb mode yes.  Not in a mode where you're meant to fight to the death.