Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Soulrise

"If The Hat Fits" Mission: Honorable vs. Dishonorable

Recommended Posts

Soulrise

I tried searching but I can't find official payout info for this mission. Most people I play with choose "Dishonorable", then kill the outlaw after he pays us off. Does anyone know if doing it this way actually gets you paid more (once by the outlaw, once by the sheriff)? If the payout is the same as doing it honorably I'd rather just do it honorably to save time from detouring to where the Outlaw pays you off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wehweh01

Tough one to answer since there's little info regarding payouts. However, I've done some experimenting. 

All missions are time based. I tend to take the offer than take a slow trot with horse in autopilot. This will get you an easy $25 to $30. I've had times where taking the offer also gets you .16 gold as well.

 

Edited by wehweh01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadowfennekin

Take the offer, it extends the mission a bit. More time = more pay

Then kill the guy.

 

Honestly I don't pay much attention to my money so I'm not the one to ask

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pocket Fox
3 minutes ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Take the offer, it extends the mission a bit. More time = more pay

Then kill the guy.

 

Honestly I don't pay much attention to my money so I'm not the one to ask

I've seen this done a lot, if it increases the pay it's only a few extra dollars. But hey, it's something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaliMeatWagon
5 hours ago, Soulrise said:

I tried searching but I can't find official payout info for this mission. Most people I play with choose "Dishonorable", then kill the outlaw after he pays us off. Does anyone know if doing it this way actually gets you paid more (once by the outlaw, once by the sheriff)? If the payout is the same as doing it honorably I'd rather just do it honorably to save time from detouring to where the Outlaw pays you off.

Some of us have been working on trying to answer that question:

 

From what I've been tracking (I unfortunately haven't been tracking time)
$0.12    $19.45    244    Bad
$0.24    $19.45    244    Bad
$0.16    $21.06    265    Bad
$0.12    $19.45    244    Bad
$0.12    $17.85    225    Bad
$0.12    $17.85    225    Good
$0.12    $17.85    225    Good

 

 

42 minutes ago, wehweh01 said:

Tough one to answer since there's little info regarding payouts. However, I've done some experimenting. 

All missions are time based. I tend to take the offer than take a slow trot with horse in autopilot. This will get you an easy $25 to $30. I've had times where taking the offer also gets you .16 gold as well.

 

Does it increase, or decrease the pay per minute? I know people do this in GTA:O because they see a higher dollar amount at the end, but they are actually making less money in the long run:
 

Spoiler

17795763_672397639613982_497025662457235

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soulrise
9 hours ago, CaliMeatWagon said:

Some of us have been working on trying to answer that question:

 

From what I've been tracking (I unfortunately haven't been tracking time)
$0.12    $19.45    244    Bad
$0.24    $19.45    244    Bad
$0.16    $21.06    265    Bad
$0.12    $19.45    244    Bad
$0.12    $17.85    225    Bad
$0.12    $17.85    225    Good
$0.12    $17.85    225    Good

Thanks for sharing! So it seems like Dishonorable does pay a bit more. In these payouts that you recorded did your group kill the outlaw after getting his money each time or were their times you took his money and let him live?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red Lynx 23

I was just hoping that you could steal his hat and keep it in your wardrobe and on your horse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slam_Jones

I'm disappointed that I can't hogtie the dude again after he shows us where the money is.  I was hoping for some good dialog from him at the point...

 

Also, I find it funny that if you blow the guys head off with a shotgun, the sheriff still says "yep, I recognize him."

Edited by Slam_Jones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.