1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

RC Bandito Appreciation Thread

Ice_cold2016
3 minutes ago, White Shark said:

Haha superb!!

I too teamed up with another random Bandito and we were circling a griefer who was hiding in a building complex like a pair of sharks lol.

I painted mine grey to be harder to spot on the roads and pavement but black is a good shout too. What lid do you have? I have the standard default one.

I tell ya everyone, this is one of the best additions to GTAO.

Lol Nice one. I went with the one that's meant to be the 80's monster truck Big Foot. (Big Brat in GTA) I even went for the same colour blue but decided to use black for stealth in the end.

I hear the next update is going to be Night Life Part 2. Anyone know if that's true or not? If so i look forward to seeing what new toys that will come with. Hopefully a better longer reaching drone and finally a new anti aicraft system that works.

White Shark
Just now, Ice_cold2016 said:

Lol Nice one. I went with the one that's meant to be the 80's monster truck Big Foot. (Big Brat in GTA) I even went for the same colour blue but decided to use black for stealth in the end.

I hear the next update is going to be Night Life Part 2. Anyone know if that's true or not? If so i look forward to seeing what new toys that will come with. Hopefully a better longer reaching drone and finally a new anti aicraft system that works.

Night life part 2 eh? Curious...

Hey maybe those other little drones you can see on the table in the Terrorbyte might become active!

Ice_cold2016
Just now, White Shark said:

Night life part 2 eh? Curious...

Hey maybe those other little drones you can see on the table in the Terrorbyte might become active!

Yeahhhh, that's what i've seen all the GTA youtubers predicting for quite a while anyway. They say because the Nightlife DLC Part 1 did so well Rockstar will be making part 2. And the reason the first part felt unfinished is because part 2 was always in the works. And they found unused code from the first Nightlife DLC. I hope its true. Like you say those other drones could become unlocked. And they could add the import export cars to the nightclub business and allow us to deliver them on a lorry and trailer like Franklin, Trevor and Lamar did in the campaign.

Scottiedog123

Bandito photo binge

6BNrwGE.jpg

A little tribute to the bad ass Bandito. 

Wet bandit

JWhlh34.jpg

Wf4GsXP.jpg

ehppmuU.jpg

ONJGMVE.jpg

EvsGt9s.jpg

Hitchin' a ride

alJhn9C.jpg

8G3tLQ2.jpg

g38rfqJ.jpg

Wheels come through the sides.

OxyHZOJ.jpg

OE6m6r4.jpg

9iuZelK.jpg

WfS3atD.jpg

VqN4QW0.jpg

1dg7xHY.jpg

Takin' mu-fkers out..

NTWDXzh.jpg

Run boy run!

bXU9Ry2.jpg

^This one had to have it!

uBLNSHc.jpg

rC1LzTi.jpg

AFcrfPN.jpg

I've been screenshotting some of my kills to varying degrees of success.. I like catching the explosion, you can sometimes make out the Bandito in the fireball.

TOIFbo8.jpg

QLJq1kc.jpg

p7xDwpJ.jpg

This guy standing here looking like that, all no ankles and sh*t..

tlqQV5q.jpg

Playing around small construction site

XONVosy.jpg

1fGJ6ud.jpg

KB9WmkE.jpg

vReHE7n.jpg

v60FdmV.jpg

Pushing these guys off the edge is quite funny

mKodOQk.jpg

6y98N8P.jpg

F0TbzGL.jpg

xCe6XEo.jpg

Random Bandito action

PICTURE HEAVY!

9LN55cV.jpg

K8C9fYf.jpg

KIz69Ch.jpg

ha5LEui.jpg

zD6lP1f.jpg

7CXMdjB.jpg

HT2nXjv.jpg

yF3Ih9W.jpg

5G7i7zr.jpg

GsXUA7S.jpg

pk2M5QM.jpg

WAIuHY9.jpg

x9VAvNY.jpg
^Total bankers.. actually quite a good place to lay in wait for them.
zl6VfTF.jpg

KOf2YjO.jpg

JnY8M5N.jpg

CvCqAVX.jpg

JvOf2Ad.jpg

xlnaZps.jpg

9ysFYTh.jpg

yjE8xkx.jpg

tppebJv.jpg

Got my wheels stuck in this wall, just kept taking damage until it exploded.

m1rTW7j.jpg

SLJq6iX.jpg

hG5iP35.jpg

wZCzeK2.jpg

There's some weird textures to drive on out there.. try these bricks.

vdutLCY.jpg

This is a good one.

nzJdKbx.jpg

Catching some big air here aswell.

eAU2PDg.jpg

RhVx44p.jpg

LdVxiHO.jpg

Edited by Scottiedog123

Happy Hunter

I'm glad this thing seems to have been a hit. It deserves it, really good fun. Might just get some more of this stuff too - if everyone likes it, got to be an easy decision right?

idonknowhow

Just hope they won't blacklist the pv bandito😛

Edited by idonknowhow

Scottiedog123
3 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

I'm glad this thing seems to have been a hit. It deserves it, really good fun. Might just get some more of this stuff too - if everyone likes it, got to be an easy decision right?

Not everyone likes it.... * Tryhard, gimp mask wearing, fairies.

1 hour ago, idonknowhow said:

I don't have one... I want more Banditos

White Shark
3 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Yes, definitely!!

Foppezão

So does jumping makes you faster during racing?

J-Scott-D
2 hours ago, Foppezão said:

So does jumping makes you faster during racing?

Someone here on GTAF said it gives a speed boost.

I'm at work and miss my Bandito, lol. I have somewhere around 55 kills with it so far.

Edited by J-Scott-D

Scottiedog123
1 hour ago, J-Scott-D said:

Someone here on GTAF said it gives a speed boost.

I'm at work and miss my Bandito, lol. I have somewhere around 55 kills with it so far.

Yeah it was me.. I took it out during top speed challenge for accurate speed. posted it above somewhere.

I haven't raced it, but in freeroam it does just under 60mph on the flat ( I managed 59.8)

When jumping this rises to around 63 mph, and when I was jumping down hill I hit 67.Something I think, but it wasn't very steep so maybe more is possible but I'm not sure will try again next time.

But generally yeah it does help to jump on straighter sections to keep up with people, it might not sound like much but it does help a bit. 

Yeah it's weird this missing the Bandito while at work... But I don't care, I love it. 

Are the Bandito kills recorded somewhere? Or are you just counting?

Edited by Scottiedog123

Happy Hunter

I've used it way too much, will probably be dreaming of little toy cars exploding people tonight.

It's great for sneakily getting random editor footage of people too. I'll probably use that as generic footage for future videos when I need something in the background while I'm typing. Come across all sorts. Can record people fighting, recorded a low level robbing a store too, he never knew I was there.

Gaffa

Rockstar, can you fix 'anything but the stock lid causing the suspension not to work as well and thus not drive under as many vehicles' please? 

Thanks. :) 

Scottiedog123
49 minutes ago, Gaffa said:

Rockstar, can you fix 'anything but the stock lid causing the suspension not to work as well and thus not drive under as many vehicles' please? 

Thanks. :) 

Interesting.. 

When I was purchasing mine, the first thought I had was which is the tallest/shortest, so I lined it up with some horizontal in the background, and came to the conclusion that stock lid would be the lowest, then trophy with no roof lights/rear wing, so I chose that, specifically thinking about getting under vehicles, but didn't want stock.

I also thought they might all have a sort of bubble/invisible wall so they would all be the same size, but clearly the "lunchbox" is bigger.

I was also wondering if the wing would add downforce or not, you can never tell with R*, although I wouldn't expect it to.

Edited by Scottiedog123

FrancisBlack

Between the newness of our little warrior and people playing in first person it is hilarious that I have not run into more resistance. If players see it at all they tend to act like it's innocuous or some sort of whimsical toy until they get a high power detonation all up in their grill.  I'm in love....

3 minutes ago, Scottiedog123 said:

Interesting.. 

When I was purchasing mine, the first thought I had was which is the tallest/shortest, so I lined it up with some horizontal in the background, and came to the conclusion that stock lid would be the lowest, then trophy with no roof lights/rear wing, so I chose that, specifically thinking about getting under vehicles, but didn't want stock.

I also thought they might all have a sort of bubble/invisible wall so they would all be the same size, but clearly the "lunchbox" is bigger.

I was also wondering if the wing would add downforce or not, you can never tell with R*, although I wouldn't expect it to.

Great questions, inquiring minds want to know if any of the modifications change the driving dynamics. I have both the lunch box and the vintage pickup (40s-50's) and both slide under cars depending on the circumstances but not all. I drive under the cop cars and turn them into a hive of africanized bees eating each other which is always fun. 

Scottiedog123

I think I have stumbled on something... Maybe others have.

Need to test properly. Had a quick test against my son's Bandito..

It seems that holding gas and brake together to spin up the wheels then releasing gives a considerably faster start than just hitting the gas. Like a turbo start.

Obvs the handbrake on this doesn't completely hold the car, so you can't hold it still and rev up/realease, and most of the time you just hit the gas to go, but when we lined up I had him hit the gas the same time I release my spinning wheels and I smoke him every time. 

When you are spinning them the car moves a bit anyway the same as when you hold the handbrake and gas. But I need to compare the handbrake/gas, to BRAKE/gas now.

Edit. It's definitely quicker. It seems counter intuitive but if you need to move real quick, it's faster to squeeze both triggers and let go of the brake than to just hit the gas. You don't have to hold them spinning for any real amount of time if you don't want. Just a quick squeeze both, release brake. It jumps forward.

Another thing.. driving this around in cinematic view is amazing and surprisingly easy as you have so much space on the roads or better if you go where there is no traffic. You get some proper RC sensations. 

Edited by Scottiedog123

Spectre "2K"
18 minutes ago, Scottiedog123 said:

It seems that holding gas and brake together to spin up the wheels then releasing gives a considerably faster start than just hitting the gas. Like a turbo start.

i've noticed this too. I'm not sure if it's placebo or how major/minor it is, but it feels like one of those mini boosts you'd get from doing it in saints row 

J-Scott-D
3 hours ago, Scottiedog123 said:

Yeah it was me.. I took it out during top speed challenge for accurate speed. posted it above somewhere.

I haven't raced it, but in freeroam it does just under 60mph on the flat ( I managed 59.8)

When jumping this rises to around 63 mph, and when I was jumping down hill I hit 67.Something I think, but it wasn't very steep so maybe more is possible but I'm not sure will try again next time.

But generally yeah it does help to jump on straighter sections to keep up with people, it might not sound like much but it does help a bit. 

Yeah it's weird this missing the Bandito while at work... But I don't care, I love it. 

Are the Bandito kills recorded somewhere? Or are you just counting?

I'm just counting, using my stats. Last Friday, I think I had 127 deaths and maybe 60? kills. I now have 134 kills, no additional deaths. I know kills on the Bandito don't count against K/D, but no one has gotten me yet. :) I'm only using the Bandito.

For the past two years, my K/D was 0.60. I almost never stepped in public sessions until last Friday. As of today, it's 1.06, lol. I know K/D doesn't matter and I'm not bragging because I don't have any PVP skills, I'm just trying to explain how easy it is to ambush other players with the RC Bandito.

Not all of my kills have been honorable. :( I blew up a guy this morning before going to work. He had just stepped out of a Ammunition.

He hit me with a $9,000 bounty before I could log out, lol. I'm assuming you still won't show up on the map with the skull icon if you're in your RC Bandito?

Scottiedog123
3 minutes ago, Spectre "2K" said:

i've noticed this too. I'm not sure if it's placebo or how major/minor it is, but it feels like one of those mini boosts you'd get from doing it in saints row 

As far as I can tell it's CONSIDERABLY quicker. 

2 minutes ago, J-Scott-D said:

Not all of my kills have been honorable.

It takes a huuuuuge amount of will power to not kill people. It's just so tempting. That's why I'm TRYING to just go after the session bullies. Not be the session bully😉

FrancisBlack

I try to at least pick people who are actively fighting and not improving their vehicles or selling. But I couldn't resist dropping a kinetic mine to wait for someone driving out of the auto shop. It was a newby fixing up a sultan. Sorry kiddo, better get some money quick!

Furry_Monkey

This thing isn't just about the hilarious kill sprees and salty rage that follows them (but that is VERY funny).

DyrJJlJXQAAP_4v.jpg

DyrJRo8W0AEl98A.jpg

Looking forward to more rooftop exploration.

FrancisBlack
3 minutes ago, Furry_Monkey said:

This thing isn't just about the hilarious kill sprees and salty rage that follows them (but that is VERY funny).

DyrJJlJXQAAP_4v.jpg

DyrJRo8W0AEl98A.jpg

As I drove around sandy shores in first person I couldn't help but think of the Mars rover and that the view at times looked similar. That's a great movie.....

Scottiedog123
14 minutes ago, Furry_Monkey said:

DyrJJlJXQAAP_4v.jpg

DyrJRo8W0AEl98A.jpg

Yeah also great for reverse driving challenge

J-Scott-D
1 hour ago, Scottiedog123 said:

As far as I can tell it's CONSIDERABLY quicker. 

It takes a huuuuuge amount of will power to not kill people. It's just so tempting. That's why I'm TRYING to just go after the session bullies. Not be the session bully😉

Agreed. I think I've worked it out of system. I had three chances to make kills a moment ago and just bounced up in the air to say "Hi!," instead. I then spawned a Dubsta 2 for one of them. Gonna TRY to use the RC Bandito for good from here on out. :)

Forgot to mention. I was in a public session last night, completing against another Bandito to get a kill and it turned out it was a friend that happened to be in the same lobby. A fellow GTAF member, too. :) (ACecil)

Scottiedog123

BEPXHAi.jpg

There's a business battle where you have to go in a police station, you can just drive in there.. not like shops etc..

I very nearly had this guy in there but he got out the door 1st.

More kills

OVGIx4F.jpg

ltWdpnw.jpg

K3gpSyd.jpg

IupfQyc.jpg

XEJ0Or8.jpg

rs3jIEc.jpg

Mach1bud

Where is the RC stunts videos? I feel like this is perfect for the stunters.

idonknowhow
19 hours ago, idonknowhow said:

Of course they do, no fun allowed😥

EmVhIAD.jpg

Stromburger
2 hours ago, Mach1bud said:

Where is the RC stunts videos? I feel like this is perfect for the stunters.

It's fun doing tricks at the skating parks around the city.

ACecil
5 hours ago, J-Scott-D said:

Agreed. I think I've worked it out of system. I had three chances to make kills a moment ago and just bounced up in the air to say "Hi!," instead. I then spawned a Dubsta 2 for one of them. Gonna TRY to use the RC Bandito for good from here on out. :)

Forgot to mention. I was in a public session last night, completing against another Bandito to get a kill and it turned out it was a friend that happened to be in the same lobby. A fellow GTAF member, too. :) (ACecil)

That was funny! 😂