1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

RC Bandito Appreciation Thread

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

RC Bandito

Grand Theft Auto V

The remote control car finally returns to GTA, available for purchase on Southern San Andreas Super Autos, featuring an array of customisable options: Remote Bomb, Proximity Mine (Kinetic, EMP), Vertical Jump, Lids, Livery, Respray (Primary, Secondary, Driver Helmet Color, Driver Suit Color), Wheels and Windows.

Grand Theft Auto V

Price: $1,590,000

"All the danger, none of the risk: this little devil is fully weaponized, and what's more, when you inevitably drive over the proximity mine you just laid the only thing that'll be reduced to ashes is your pride. If you want the indescribable pleasure of seeing your enemies flee in hysterical panic from a whiny toy car, this is the only game in town."

Please note: The RC Bandito must be stored in an Arena Workshop. It can also be modified there at the RC Bandito Workshop.

Edited by xXxKAMIKAZExXx

TheLordMarvel

Can't wait to spend $1.5 mill on a plastic toy. 😂

Voodoo-Hendrix

Can someone try to replicate this bad boi?

ltamc0357.jpg

Snoopbr

Where does the character stay while using it?

TheLordMarvel
12 minutes ago, Snoopbr said:

Where does the character stay while using it?

Dunno where its stored, but I'd imagine the character will remain in the Arena workshop.

Gaffa
1 minute ago, TheLordMarvel said:

Dunno where its stored, but I'd imagine the character will remain in the Arena workshop.

Nah, it's called via the Interaction Menu when not inside a building. 

I'll have some tests done and more information on this soon. 

TheLordMarvel
Just now, Gaffa said:

Nah, it's called via the Interaction Menu when not inside a building. 

I'll have some tests done and more information on this soon. 

That's kinda dangerous in public sessions lol. I imagine you'd be open to attacks?

Gaffa
19 minutes ago, TheLordMarvel said:

That's kinda dangerous in public sessions lol. I imagine you'd be open to attacks?

Actually I'm not even sure where the player goes when you activate the RC Bandito. I'll try and have that information established when i post next. 

Mach1bud

I imagine the player disappears as if he has entered a property. That's my guess.

Also would like to say this this is badass and a lot of fun imo. Gonna a get one even with the steep price. I hope they make some RC races as well. 

Snoopbr

/\

RC Races would be fun, they could use interiors as well. It reminds me Re-Volt from 1999.

Resultado de imagem para revolt game

crsN

Re-Volt was such a nice game....

Bravado Buffalo

tfw u visit your friend who has a tons of coolest toys cuz he has rich parents

44527941820_db30632db8_o_d.png

Hector Tavares

This might sound really stupid, but I really hope that not only can we remove the weapons from this thing, but I also hope that we can buy multiples of it. I'm just itching to take this thing on the Redwood lights track.

Cornphlake

Where did Buffalo's pic come from, the girls sitting down with the RC cars?  Hope they add those skateboards one day too!!

⁣V⁣

Love it!.

Rafae
1 hour ago, V said:

Love it!.

loooool

Bravado Buffalo

45458218215_5218263285_o_d.png

45647848934_e9e399e477_o_d.png

46370789641_f9396df838_o_d.png

Snoopbr

I cant wait to see a RC car meet or players climbing Chiliad with it. 😀

lennymuhboi

Is this already for sale or is it dripfeed?

Socially Ruined
4 hours ago, lennymuhboi said:

Is this already for sale or is it dripfeed?

Dripfeed

Bandersnatch

This RC is way to much fun in the snow !  and needs to be released Friday.

Edited by Remapped

LeakyLine

What a f*cking surprise that one of the bodykits is the Rancher, but yet they don't actually give us the Rancher...

Piro

Another thing straight out of my wishlist. I'm happy that they finally added them.

But Im also kinda disappointed that you just despawn... It should work just like in older GTAs (Topfun vans with rc toys inside). They could turn that into another mode, something like executive search.

On 12/18/2018 at 7:57 PM, Snoopbr said:

I cant wait to see a RC car meet or players climbing Chiliad with it. 😀

they should add RC racing as well

Edited by Piro

Mangled Crow

It may be one hell of an expensive toy car, but it's something definitely looking forward to own just for the fun of it...

Also, can't believe we gotta wait until the 29th of January for this.

Gaffa

Apologies about the delay, wanted to be sure of stuff. Quite an interesting little vehicle I must say! 

Left info in the spoiler - don't read if you don't want to be spoiled! Okay, not exactly overwhelming information but hopefully useful to some...

Updated 29 / Jan, pre-release info:

Controls:

Same as driving normally (duh), except:

• D-Pad Right = Drop Mine
  • Left Stick In = Jump (comes with 20% as standard)
  • LB / L1 HOLD = Detonation (requires Remote Bomb upgrade)
  • B / Circle = Cinematic camera
  • Y / Triangle = Exit

General:

• 1 minute cooldown between requests, called through the Interaction Menu > Inventory > Request RC Bandito. Upon doing so, the player's online character model is de-spawned from the world until the RC Bandito's connection is ended. 
  • If a player that request's their RC Bandito is on foot but has their Personal Vehicle out, their PV will not be de-spawned whilst using the RC Bandito, and other players can still use or destroy the PV. Doing the latter will notify the player using the RC Bandito in the normal manner. 
  • Getting destroyed, driving into a shop or store, pressing the vehicle enter / exit button whilst using it ends the connection, where the player using the RC Bandito will spawn back on the map at the original location (or near) to where it was requested. 
  • Off The Radar permanently during usage. 
  • Can be used in someone else's Organisation or MC Club - aka, as an Associate or Member. 
  • If you're in someone else's Organisation or MC Club, the RC Bandito won't show on the radar to the leader or perhaps even all members. 
  • If you're a VIP or CEO, the RC Bandito will only show via the coloured proximity blip to other Associates. It won't ever show to other Members of your MC Club if you're using it as an MC President. 
  • Map becomes less cluttered when using, with only these blips showing:
    - Other players, Personal, Pegasus or other vehicles (like CEO), Apartments, CEO Office, CEO Garage, Motorcycle Clubhouse, Yacht, Martin Madrazo, Lamar Davis and a blip of your own RC Bandito.
  • Only the yacht, other players, and vehicles as mentioned above show on the map or radar when using the RC Bandito whilst as an Associate or Member of an Organisation or MC Club respectively.
  • No range limitation - drive from anywhere to anywhere.
  • Other NPCs acknowledge the RC Bandito and cops will shoot at it, if the player has a wanted level.
  • Driving it into a shop like a clothing store ends the connection to the RC Bandito, so no you can't troll casual shoppers with it...
  • Cannot be requested during Resupply / Source / Sale missions.
  • Game files and mods suggest there should be other options like Engine Upgrades, but these are omitted from the Arena Workshop's RC Bandito Workbench.

Vehicle:

• Top speed seems around 60mph so don't expect anything spectacular. A slightly higher speed can be achieved if using the jump. 
  • Handles quite well, be careful of bumps though. Quite like a real RC car there. 
  • 11.76 gravity value (more than the 9.80 standard). Like the Deathbike, all this really means is you won't be in the air as long as other vehicles jumping in the same scenario.
  • Window tint affects all the windows on the vehicle - including front windshield.
  • Handbrake doesn't seem too strong, so once you're moving, holding it almost 'activates a slow driving mode' where top speed becomes around 17mph. Could be intentional and if you're already over that speed, you'll have to wait a little for it to come down. 

Combat:

• Generally quite resistant.
  • The Remote Bomb option must be purchased via the RC Bandito Workshop in the Arena in order to 'detonate' the vehicle, although it does have Proximity Mine options. 
  • Detonation sequence takes 3 seconds and is quite powerful - dealing what appears to be the same as the APC Cannon, Khanjali Cannons and Rhino Tank cannon - roughly double RPG damage. 
    For example, it takes 2 RC Bandito detonations to destroy a Rhino Tank, 3 for an unoccupied Halftrack / Insurgent Pick-Up / Pick-Up Custom / Nightshark, and 6 for unoccupied MOC Cabs (Hauler & Phantom Custom).
  • Only carries 3 mines, whether you choose Kinetic or EMP. 
  • Mines can stay active if they haven't been triggered yet, even if the RC Bandito has been destroyed. 
  • Can be locked onto by aircraft's missiles or the Homing Launcher, etc. 
  • To destroy:

2 from Homing Missiles / RPG / Grenade & Grenade Launchers / Sticky Bomb and no more than 50 seconds later = RC Bandito Bonfire;
    3 from Homing Missiles / RPG / Grenade & Grenade Launchers / Sticky Bomb and it's an instant barbecue (no delay, immediately destroyed);
    4 Explosive Rounds (Pump Shotgun Mk.2 or Heavy Sniper Rifle Mk.2) = 50 second later and destroyed;
    15 Explosive Rounds (no reloading) = destroyed instantly, but it'll probably be 14 for most people. 

If your results differ, consider that once the RC Bandito is smoking badly and has less than 0 engine health (a negative value), it's only a matter of time before it destroys itself as mentioned - so if you take a few seconds break between each shot, you may only need 8 explosive rounds.
  • The player that destroys the RC Bandito will be awarded with a kill against that player, and will show in the kill feed. 
  • Likewise, the player using the RC Bandito that kills another player, via Remote Bomb detonation or whatever other means, will also be awarded a kill for that, and shows in the kill feed. 
  • Don't use normal guns. If you do, consider them more as a deterrent. Up-N-Atomizer works well. 
    To ensure you're doing damage, aim at the back of the RC Bandito - that's where it's engine seemingly lies and takes the most damage. 

Any updates will be added to this post. 
Anything else you'd like me to check or test let me know and if it's possible I'll get right on it. 

Edited by Gaffa

Mach1bud

@Gaffa idk if you are able to check this or not, but is it available in the Creator in any way?

Willy A. Jeep

This thing is a lot of fun, and has some great customization to boot. It definitely feels like an RC car, just waaay faster, and a great continuation of the drone gameplay mechanic with some retro flair. When testing it out in SP, I noticed the police try to ram it just the same as a full-size vehicle, with some entertaining results. It's also very sensitive to water, as I drowned it out more than once on the shallow flow in the sewer. The "first person" perspective for it is the hood-mounted camera style of view, lending a pretty intense driving experience, especially with cars rushing by on the highway. I only tested it with base stats, but it seems to have a hard time with stairs, though hills were no issue.

Definitely worth the investment if you really want something small and fun, but I don't know if it's going to be all so useful beyond being a novelty. And it just makes me wish the drones weren't so limited in their range!

Edited by Willy A. Jeep

TheBricktop

soo, you can choose it from interaction menu, basically transfer your characters body into an off radar RC car with a remote bomb

lol

Scottiedog123

So does it still require storage at the arena? I thought I saw that somewhere, and can we have more than one, as they are customisable?

Bluecthomas

Currently in game masters I've noticed ppl with rc bandito dropping explosive proximity mines. How do I get that NOW like they have already done? Can't beat a team where 1 person quickly kills 3 of your team, without the same tools.

If this is proof of hackers, how about a notice during loading : " in aw, if you see an RC car dropping EXPLOSIVE mines, invite, view joined, report".