4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

RC Bandito Appreciation Thread

Hazzardtohimself
9 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Sounds like great fun though. Taking you off the map - should be an easy way to get safe from jets and orbital cannons too. Well, entire groups of enemy players actually.

Cue lobbies full of people doing nothing but driving Banditos around... apart from the obligatory Broomsticker raging over the mic because he's not getting a K/D buff for destroying RC cars. 

But this (and drones / other RC vehicles) would be a fun way to introduce new missions / heists. Smuggling drugs / weapons into the prison, spying on an undercover meetup in the subway, dropping an RC Bandito through the FIB skylight via RC Cargobob to hack systems ala Watchdogs 2, etc. 

However, I'm looking forward to the races in any case, even if nothing else comes from them. 

Mach1bud

Super hyped for this thing. 

Slamvan body? 

Sounds like we got ourselves a tiny muscle class off road truck. 

MrARCO

Tomorrow could be the day!

TCM_Doot
1 hour ago, MrARCO said:

Tomorrow could be the day!

Knowing R*, I'm guessing the Deviant's gonna be up next in the dripfeed. I'm still hoping for the RC Bandito to come along tomorrow, though.

Pedinhuh

Frankly, we are setting ourselves up for disappointment if we think tryhards/greifers won't be using the Banditos to greif as well.

Happy Hunter

I think this car's gonna be really heroic.

Fatsanchez
13 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

I think this car's gonna be really heroic.

Cant wait to see what you’ll manage to pull off this little car. But I have to agree with @Pedinhuh here, given the immutable hostile nature of gta public free roam, lol.

MrARCO
1 hour ago, Pedinhuh said:

Frankly, we are setting ourselves up for disappointment if we think tryhards/greifers won't be using the Banditos to greif as well.

Fight fire with fire. Also i'm not only going to use this for Tryhards, but rather to explore the city in a 1:8 RC car.

2 hours ago, TCM_Doot said:

Knowing R*, I'm guessing the Deviant's gonna be up next in the dripfeed. I'm still hoping for the RC Bandito to come along tomorrow, though.

They released the Schlagen last week on the Legendary Motorsport site, and R* always switches up the platform. ( Warstock, SSSA, Elitas, LM etc. ) The new vehicle that will be released will be next vehicle on the SSSA site ( RC bandito )

Spoiler

ᶦᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᵛᵒᶦᶜᵉˢ ᶦⁿ ᵐʸ ʰᵉᵃᵈ ᵃʳᵉ ᶜᵒʳʳᵉᶜᵗ

Edited by MrARCO

DrTcr

MrARCO

Oh boy oh boy

Breadpit

Nice RC races :) i like!

Gaffa
On 12/21/2018 at 12:50 AM, Mach1bud said:

@Gaffa idk if you are able to check this or not, but is it available in the Creator in any way?

Yes it was available in the dev creator, not in the normal one though but that's of course likely to change (or be released today (29th)). 

On 12/22/2018 at 10:41 AM, Scottiedog123 said:

So does it still require storage at the arena? I thought I saw that somewhere, and can we have more than one, as they are customisable?

On 1/18/2019 at 11:36 PM, EkaSwede said:

Can you own multiple RC Banditos with the same character?

Yeah it requires the Arena Workshop to be stored and upgraded. 
No, you can't own more than one per character. 

On 1/11/2019 at 12:19 PM, MrARCO said:

Can someone sauce me a link showing the detonation of the RC Bandito in freemode? I wonder if it has a delay like in the arena. Thanks.

No link, but I can tell you it works the same way as the Drone's detonation. 

On 1/11/2019 at 1:33 PM, Hazzardtohimself said:

It better not f**king explode when it lands on anything but its wheels (like every other wheeled vehicle in game). Could this be checked please, before I get my hopes up? 

I hope so too. And not just Tiny Tiny Racers 2.0 - RC boogaloo. 

Unfortunately, it does take 'engine damage' when landing it on it's rear upside down (where the 'engine' seems to be located from weapons tests), however, it won't blow up from doing that. You may get really unlucky but I tried several times from Maze Bank sort of heights and it'd take about 10 or more of those sort of drops to cause major damage. 

On 1/25/2019 at 4:31 AM, Happy Hunter said:

So this can take a missile and not be on a timer before it's destroyed? Meanwhile an Apache or Hind takes a hit, then it's smoking and will fall down. Rockstar makes no sense at all.

Sounds like great fun though. Taking you off the map - should be an easy way to get safe from jets and orbital cannons too. Well, entire groups of enemy players actually.

Haha yep, my original testing may have been premature though or Rockstar did a quick fix. That 'destruction timer' thing doesn't seem to be a thing anymore, it seems to be destroyed properly - from explosive type weaponry at least. I wouldn't advise standard guns on this one. 4 explosive rounds from the Shotgun or Heavy Sniper Rifle will destroy it completely (ending the remote connection) or 3 from other things like the Homing Launcher or RPG. Haven't had the chance to test much else. 

(Updated my original post with more accurate info). 

I've re-written most of my notes from the first page and added some new ones. That and the stuff I added was a mess, so it should be better now.

Edited by Gaffa

Gaffa

Okay so I realized that the post on the first page was a mess and wasn't quite accurate, so I've re-written most of it and copied it here just in case: 

Spoiler

Controls:

Same as driving normally (duh), except:

• D-Pad Right = Drop Mine
  • Left Stick In = Jump (comes with 20% as standard)
  • LB / L1 HOLD = Detonation (requires Remote Bomb upgrade)
  • B / Circle = Cinematic camera
  • Y / Triangle = Exit

General:

• 1 minute cooldown between requests, called through the Interaction Menu > Inventory > Request RC Bandito. Upon doing so, the player's online character model is de-spawned from the world until the RC Bandito's connection is ended. 
  • If a player that request's their RC Bandito is on foot but has their Personal Vehicle out, their PV will not be de-spawned whilst using the RC Bandito, and other players can still use or destroy the PV. Doing the latter will notify the player using the RC Bandito in the normal manner. 
  • Getting destroyed, driving into a shop or store, pressing the vehicle enter / exit button whilst using it ends the connection, where the player using the RC Bandito will spawn back on the map at the original location (or near) to where it was requested. 
  • Off The Radar permanently during usage. 
  • Can be used in someone else's Organisation or MC Club - aka, as an Associate or Member. 
  • If you're in someone else's Organisation or MC Club, the RC Bandito won't show on the radar to the leader or perhaps even all members. 
  • If you're a VIP or CEO, the RC Bandito will only show via the coloured proximity blip to other Associates. It won't ever show to other Members of your MC Club if you're using it as an MC President. 
  • Map becomes less cluttered when using, with only these blips showing:
    - Other players, Personal, Pegasus or other vehicles (like CEO), Apartments, CEO Office, CEO Garage, Motorcycle Clubhouse, Yacht, Martin Madrazo, Lamar Davis and a blip of your own RC Bandito.
  • Only the yacht, other players, and vehicles as mentioned above show on the map or radar when using the RC Bandito whilst as an Associate or Member of an Organisation or MC Club respectively.
  • No range limitation - drive from anywhere to anywhere.
  • Other NPCs acknowledge the RC Bandito and cops will shoot at it, if the player has a wanted level.
  • Driving it into a shop like a clothing store ends the connection to the RC Bandito, so no you can't troll casual shoppers with it...
  • Cannot be requested during Resupply / Source / Sale missions.
  • No access to the phone or Interaction Menu when using the RC Bandito. Not sure if this means you'll avoid phone calls too. 
  • Game files and mods suggest there should be other options like Engine Upgrades, but these are omitted from the Arena Workshop's RC Bandito Workbench.

Vehicle:

• Top speed seems around 60mph so don't expect anything spectacular. A slightly higher speed can be achieved if using the jump. 
  • Handles quite well, be careful of bumps though. Quite like a real RC car there. 
  • 11.76 gravity value (more than the 9.80 standard). Like the Deathbike, all this really means is you won't be in the air as long as other vehicles jumping in the same scenario.
  • Window tint affects all the windows on the vehicle - including front windshield.
  • Handbrake doesn't seem too strong, so once you're moving, holding it almost 'activates a slow driving mode' where top speed becomes around 17mph. Could be intentional and if you're already over that speed, you'll have to wait a little for it to come down. 

Combat:

• Generally quite resistant.
  • The Remote Bomb option must be purchased via the RC Bandito Workshop in the Arena in order to 'detonate' the vehicle, although it does have Proximity Mine options. 
  • Detonation sequence takes 3 seconds and is quite powerful - dealing what appears to be the same as the APC Cannon, Khanjali Cannons and Rhino Tank cannon - roughly double RPG damage. 
    For example, it takes 2 RC Bandito detonations to destroy a Rhino Tank, 3 for an unoccupied Halftrack / Insurgent Pick-Up / Pick-Up Custom / Nightshark, and 6 for unoccupied MOC Cabs (Hauler & Phantom Custom).
  • Only carries 3 mines, whether you choose Kinetic or EMP. 
  • Mines can stay active if they haven't been triggered yet, even if the RC Bandito has been destroyed. 
  • Can be locked onto by aircraft's missiles or the Homing Launcher, etc. 
  • To destroy:

2 from Homing Missiles / RPG / Grenade & Grenade Launchers / Sticky Bomb and no more than 50 seconds later = RC Bandito Bonfire;
    3 from Homing Missiles / RPG / Grenade & Grenade Launchers / Sticky Bomb and it's an instant barbecue (no delay, immediately destroyed);
    4 Explosive Rounds (Pump Shotgun Mk.2 or Heavy Sniper Rifle Mk.2) = 50 second later and destroyed;
    15 Explosive Rounds (no reloading) = destroyed instantly, but it'll probably be 14 for most people. 

If your results differ, consider that once the RC Bandito is smoking badly and has less than 0 engine health (a negative value), it's only a matter of time before it destroys itself as mentioned - so if you take a few seconds break between each shot, you may only need 8 explosive rounds.
  • The player that destroys the RC Bandito will be awarded with a kill against that player, and will show in the kill feed. 
  • Likewise, the player using the RC Bandito that kills another player, via Remote Bomb detonation or whatever other means, will also be awarded a kill for that, and shows in the kill feed. 
  • Don't use normal guns. If you do, consider them more as a deterrent. Up-N-Atomizer works well. 
    To ensure you're doing damage, aim at the back of the RC Bandito - that's where it's engine seemingly lies and takes the most damage. 

I had also been wrong about the RC Bandito's detonation power - and Rockstar surprises me again with another weapon being added to the list to test. 

Detonation sequence takes 3 seconds and is quite powerful - dealing what appears to be double the damage of RPG rockets. As a comparison, the Drone's detonation sequence is 5 seconds, and does RPG damage. 
It takes 2 RC Bandito detonations to destroy a Rhino Tank, 3 for an unoccupied Halftrack / Insurgent Pick-Up / Pick-Up Custom / Nightshark, and 6 for unoccupied MOC Cabs (Hauler & Phantom Custom). 
The explosion is essentially on the level of tank cannons then (thanks @Mattoropael). 

Edited by Gaffa

Mattoropael
1 hour ago, Gaffa said:

Okay so I realized that the post on the first page was a mess and wasn't quite accurate, so I've re-written most of it and copied it here just in case: 

Reveal hidden contents

Controls:

Same as driving normally (duh), except:

• D-Pad Right = Drop Mine
  • Left Stick In = Jump (comes with 20% as standard)
  • LB / L1 HOLD = Detonation (requires Remote Bomb upgrade)
  • B / Circle = Cinematic camera
  • Y / Triangle = Exit

General:

• 1 minute cooldown between requests, called through the Interaction Menu > Inventory > Request RC Bandito. Upon doing so, the player's online character model is de-spawned from the world until the RC Bandito's connection is ended. 
  • If a player that request's their RC Bandito is on foot but has their Personal Vehicle out, their PV will not be de-spawned whilst using the RC Bandito, and other players can still use or destroy the PV. Doing the latter will notify the player using the RC Bandito in the normal manner. 
  • Getting destroyed, driving into a shop or store, pressing the vehicle enter / exit button whilst using it ends the connection, where the player using the RC Bandito will spawn back on the map at the original location (or near) to where it was requested. 
  • Off The Radar permanently during usage. 
  • Can be used in someone else's Organisation or MC Club - aka, as an Associate or Member. 
  • If you're in someone else's Organisation or MC Club, the RC Bandito won't show on the radar to the leader or perhaps even all members. 
  • If you're a VIP or CEO, the RC Bandito will only show via the coloured proximity blip to other Associates. It won't ever show to other Members of your MC Club if you're using it as an MC President. 
  • Map becomes less cluttered when using, with only these blips showing:
    - Other players, Personal, Pegasus or other vehicles (like CEO), Apartments, CEO Office, CEO Garage, Motorcycle Clubhouse, Yacht, Martin Madrazo, Lamar Davis and a blip of your own RC Bandito.
  • Only the yacht, other players, and vehicles as mentioned above show on the map or radar when using the RC Bandito whilst as an Associate or Member of an Organisation or MC Club respectively.
  • No range limitation - drive from anywhere to anywhere.
  • Other NPCs acknowledge the RC Bandito and cops will shoot at it, if the player has a wanted level.
  • Driving it into a shop like a clothing store ends the connection to the RC Bandito, so no you can't troll casual shoppers with it...
  • Cannot be requested during Resupply / Source / Sale missions.
  • No access to the phone or Interaction Menu when using the RC Bandito. Not sure if this means you'll avoid phone calls too. 
  • Game files and mods suggest there should be other options like Engine Upgrades, but these are omitted from the Arena Workshop's RC Bandito Workbench.

Vehicle:

• Top speed seems around 60mph so don't expect anything spectacular. A slightly higher speed can be achieved if using the jump. 
  • Handles quite well, be careful of bumps though. Quite like a real RC car there. 
  • 11.76 gravity value (more than the 9.80 standard). Like the Deathbike, all this really means is you won't be in the air as long as other vehicles jumping in the same scenario.
  • Window tint affects all the windows on the vehicle - including front windshield.
  • Handbrake doesn't seem too strong, so once you're moving, holding it almost 'activates a slow driving mode' where top speed becomes around 17mph. Could be intentional and if you're already over that speed, you'll have to wait a little for it to come down. 

Combat:

• Generally quite resistant.
  • The Remote Bomb option must be purchased via the RC Bandito Workshop in the Arena in order to 'detonate' the vehicle, although it does have Proximity Mine options. 
  • Detonation sequence takes 3 seconds and is quite powerful - dealing what appears to be double the damage of RPG rockets.
    For example, it takes 2 RC Bandito detonations to destroy a Rhino Tank, 3 for an unoccupied Halftrack / Insurgent Pick-Up / Pick-Up Custom / Nightshark, and 6 for unoccupied MOC Cabs (Hauler & Phantom Custom).
  • Only carries 3 mines, whether you choose Kinetic or EMP. 
  • Mines can stay active if they haven't been triggered yet, even if the RC Bandito has been destroyed. 
  • Can be locked onto by aircraft's missiles or the Homing Launcher, etc. 
  • To destroy:

2 from Homing Missiles / RPG / Grenade & Grenade Launchers / Sticky Bomb and no more than 50 seconds later = RC Bandito Bonfire;
    3 from Homing Missiles / RPG / Grenade & Grenade Launchers / Sticky Bomb and it's an instant barbecue (no delay, immediately destroyed);
    4 Explosive Rounds (Pump Shotgun Mk.2 or Heavy Sniper Rifle Mk.2) = 50 second later and destroyed;
    15 Explosive Rounds (no reloading) = destroyed instantly, but it'll probably be 14 for most people. 

If your results differ, consider that once the RC Bandito is smoking badly and has less than 0 engine health (a negative value), it's only a matter of time before it destroys itself as mentioned - so if you take a few seconds break between each shot, you may only need 8 explosive rounds.
  • The player that destroys the RC Bandito will be awarded with a kill against that player, and will show in the kill feed. 
  • Likewise, the player using the RC Bandito that kills another player, via Remote Bomb detonation or whatever other means, will also be awarded a kill for that, and shows in the kill feed. 
  • Don't use normal guns. If you do, consider them more as a deterrent. Up-N-Atomizer works well. 
    To ensure you're doing damage, aim at the back of the RC Bandito - that's where it's engine seemingly lies and takes the most damage. 

I had also been wrong about the RC Bandito's detonation power - and Rockstar surprises me again with another weapon being added to the list to test. 

Detonation sequence takes 3 seconds and is quite powerful - dealing what appears to be double the damage of RPG rockets. As a comparison, the Drone's detonation sequence is 5 seconds, and does RPG damage. 
It takes 2 RC Bandito detonations to destroy a Rhino Tank, 3 for an unoccupied Halftrack / Insurgent Pick-Up / Pick-Up Custom / Nightshark, and 6 for unoccupied MOC Cabs (Hauler & Phantom Custom). 

So basically, tank cannon damage?

Gaffa
1 minute ago, Mattoropael said:

So basically, tank cannon damage?

Lol yep thanks. And yep, just checked the sheet and it'd seem those numbers tally up for all the tanks and all the cannons (obviously excluding the APC's SAM Battery). Could be some unique entries or differences with the AW vehicles in FR but so far I've not had a chance to test that. 

Happy Hunter

@Gaffa How large/visible is this to other players? The drones are borderline impossible to spot. I'm sure this is a lot bigger, but is it small enough to just rush up to people? Or will you have to sneak up behind them?

Thanks for all the info by the way.

Gaffa
7 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

@Gaffa How large/visible is this to other players? The drones are borderline impossible to spot. I'm sure this is a lot bigger, but is it small enough to just rush up to people? Or will you have to sneak up behind them?

Thanks for all the info by the way.

Nah you should hopefully see this one - it's probably almost the size of a normal vehicle's wheel across or about a third the size of a Blazer or something. 
Missiles should lock on just fine ;). I mean, any of this info is subject to change once it's officially released (apart from size) but most of it should be good. 

Edited by Gaffa

Agent 14

I heard the rc bandito will be released today.

I thought rockstar don't launch two cars of the same class back to back since all we have left is the vamos deviant and deveste eight which is the last car according to some. 

So will the drip feed look like 

RC Bandito

Deviant/Vamos

Deveste eight 

Vamos/Deviant 

RC bandito

Vamos/Deviant

Deviant/Vamos 

Deveste eight?

Mattoropael
34 minutes ago, Agent 14 said:

I heard the rc bandito will be released today.

I thought rockstar don't launch two cars of the same class back to back since all we have left is the vamos deviant and deveste eight which is the last car according to some. 

So will the drip feed look like 

RC Bandito

Deviant/Vamos

Deveste eight 

Vamos/Deviant 

RC bandito

Vamos/Deviant

Deviant/Vamos 

Deveste eight?

Deveste Eight is set to release after Deviant on Legendary Motorsports, so no.

Assuming what you said about back-to-back class releases is true, and that we get the Bandito today, this would be the release order:

1. RC Bandito
  2. Deviant
  3. Deveste Eight
  4. Vamos
Edited by Mattoropael

MrARCO

Thanks for the info as always Gaffa

Mangled Crow

I'm awaiting for the time to come, bring on the expensive toy car!

MrARCO
59 minutes ago, Mangled Crow said:

I'm awaiting for the time to come, bring on the expensive toy car!

Same. They are late with the tunables this time

Edit, it's out and amazing

Edited by MrARCO

Mangled Crow

Finally, along with the RC Bandito Races too!

Commche

This thing is deadly lol. I've ambushed 5 different people with it already just with the remote bomb and nailed several more with kinetic mines (even though they don't do much damage). It does suck that it doesn't seem like it can spawn at your feet, so can't use it to get to people pretty much anywhere a normal car can't. 

Still totally worth the 2m with upgrades. 

Piro

Too bad you can use the radio only in races...

other then that:
- offradar
- 1min cooldown
- can't use it in freeroam events like Business Battles 
- can't spawn it in weird places (like the yacht for example)
- jump upgrade is very useful in races
- too bid to hide under under other cars
- npcs threat it like a normal car. If they angry they will run to you but since they can't pull you out of the car they will just stand next to it

Edited by Piro

crsN

Stock wheels can't be painted. :(

_zeJ6rUKtUGCYBPxB51NOQ_0_0.jpg

Collibosher

I've got a business idea for R*...

9BV2DdD.png

wKSqJOS.png

Piro
13 minutes ago, Collibosher said:

wKSqJOS.png

800px-Sup_dawg.jpg

RyuNova

@Collibosher

You need to get someone to land their Drone in the bed of the RC Bandito.

Voodoo-Hendrix
35 minutes ago, Collibosher said:

9BV2DdD.png

wKSqJOS.png

Don't talk to me or my son ever again.