4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

DiEgOw_CrAzY

Petition about that epilogue missing hair style

DiEgOw_CrAzY
12 minutes ago, jedijosh920 said:

Yeah they're not going to add it. Whatever answer you get from Rockstar Support is false hope and mostly automated, most of them don't even know what goes on in the development scenes. The same thing happened with people asking for stuff in GTA V. Like I've said in the past, the reason they don't use John's original hair/outfits is because it's used on other NPCs, they want the player to "feel" unique and feel closer to Arthur. The only way we'll get John's hair and outfits is through the PC version of the game, by modding. Good news from recent T2 conference call, it might come around July-September of this year.

unknown.png

This screenshot just made me Sad. Goddamn you, Rockstar. I really Hope you guys find this hair via save editor as I'm far from having a pc

ThatDamnScottishGuy
6 minutes ago, jedijosh920 said:

Yeah they're not going to add it. Whatever answer you get from Rockstar Support is false hope and mostly automated, most of them don't even know what goes on in the development scenes. The same thing happened with people asking for stuff in GTA V. Like I've said in the past, the reason they don't use John's original hair/outfits is because it's used on other NPCs, they want the player to "feel" unique and feel closer to Arthur. The only way we'll get John's hair and outfits is through the PC version of the game, by modding. Good news from recent T2 conference call, it might come around July-September of this year.

unknown.png

I don't get this reasoning man, how does it make the player feel more unique as John when all we have is Arthur's hairstyles and the actual unique clothing he wears is inaccessible. I really hope this isn't the reason behind it because it's such a dumb reason for cutting an otherwise perfectly working hairstyle. If it just didn't work with the player model for some reason and they cut it late in development then I could understand that at least. 

Honestly, unless someone can get in touch with a developer and talk to them, I don't see what else we can do. The petition surpassed 1000, people have filled out numerous requests and emails. Rockstar clearly knows about it and we've heard nothing other than some vague answers that tell us to 'wait for the next patch'.

jedijosh920
1 minute ago, ThatDamnScottishGuy said:

I don't get this reasoning man, how does it make the player feel more unique as John when all we have is Arthur's hairstyles and the actual unique clothing he wears is inaccessible. I really hope this isn't the reason behind it because it's such a dumb reason for cutting an otherwise perfectly working hairstyle. If it just didn't work with the player model for some reason and they cut it late in development then I could understand that at least. 

Honestly, unless someone can get in touch with a developer and talk to them, I don't see what else we can do. The petition surpassed 1000, people have filled out numerous requests and emails. Rockstar clearly knows about it and we've heard nothing other than some vague answers that tell us to 'wait for the next patch'.

Yeah it's stupid. The player model and ped model for John is the exact same, confirmed in the save files. That means the original hair and all outfits are compatible. Another reason is probably also the age progression in John, his tastes in hairstyles and outfits changed.

3 minutes ago, DiEgOw_CrAzY said:

This screenshot just made me Sad. Goddamn you, Rockstar. I really Hope you guys find this hair via save editor as I'm far from having a pc

I'm sure it will be possible via save editing as well, but only once the PC version is released because we don't know the hair model name/hash. For example I could change John's hair to original in the PC version via modding then save the game, get the model/hashes for the original hair then use it on another save game on your console.

ThatDamnScottishGuy
Just now, jedijosh920 said:

Yeah it's stupid. The player model and ped model for John is the exact same, confirmed in the save files. That means the original hair and all outfits are compatible. Another reason is probably also the age progression in John, his tastes in hairstyles and outfits changed.

I'm sure it will be possible via save editing as well, but only once the PC version is released because we don't know the hair model name/hash. For example I could change John's hair to original in the PC version via modding then save the game, get the model/hashes for the original hair then use it on another save game on your console.

It's so dumb. His hair in RDR1 is just a shorter version of his RDR2 hair. Really, I'd have been fine if they forced us to use his RDR2 hair/length variations in the epilogue instead of giving us full customization like with Arthur, just to preserve canon. I couldn't care less if John can't use any of the other options, I just want him to look like John. They really dropped the ball.

There's really no excuse for not letting us have access to his 1899 clothing. His union suit at the very least should be available. It's really depressing I have the game for xbox, so I can't even use the save editor :(

Darealbandicoot

Take Two's recent earnings call said they expect Red Dead Online microtransactions to blow up in the summer..... I have a bad feeling about this. 

DEADWOODZ

Not touched the online portion of the game in weeks now, the PC version is all i need!

ThatDamnScottishGuy

Honestly the only reason i’m playing RDO at all is so I can play with my native american. If I was able to do that in SP I would totally abandon Online. As it stands RDO is just a stripped back version of Singleplayer with barely any of the immersion that makes RDR2 so great.

DiEgOw_CrAzY
11 minutes ago, jedijosh920 said:

'm sure it will be possible via save editing as well, but only once the PC version is released because we don't know the hair model name/hash. For example I could change John's hair to original in the PC version via modding then save the game, get the model/hashes for the original hair then use it on another save game on your console.

Omg, is It possible to do that? Come on, Pc version. Release already lol

jedijosh920
3 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Take Two's recent earnings call said they expect Red Dead Online microtransactions to blow up in the summer..... I have a bad feeling about this. 

Yeah blow up once the PC version is hopefully announced 😍, I can see it happening: they release a huge update adding lots of new features and getting RDO out of beta and announcing the PC version with it.  Then we get original John's hair and oufits, yay 

1 minute ago, DiEgOw_CrAzY said:

Omg, is It possible to do that? Come on, Pc version. Release already lol

Yeah because John's original hair is another player hairstyle that's just unused. It's seen in old screenshots and mission previews. All it takes is just finding out the name of that model/hash, then you can swap to it by editing your save game. It's waiting to be used, it's fully functional and literally just one or two slots away from the current hairstyles, it may even be just hidden in the barbershop.

Darealbandicoot
15 minutes ago, jedijosh920 said:

Yeah blow up once the PC version is hopefully announced 😍, I can see it happening: they release a huge update adding lots of new features and getting RDO out of beta and announcing the PC version with it.  Then we get original John's hair and oufits, yay 

Yeah because John's original hair is another player hairstyle that's just unused. It's seen in old screenshots and mission previews. All it takes is just finding out the name of that model/hash, then you can swap to it by editing your save game. It's waiting to be used, it's fully functional and literally just one or two slots away from the current hairstyles, it may even be just hidden in the barbershop.

Imagine, just inputting the Konami code in the barbershop unlocks the "classic right parted" hairstyle lol

JMarston
6 hours ago, Archiemac said:

Sí, el atuendo del capítulo 1 de John fue arrancado directamente del gran silencio de Sergio corbuci. Es una buena pelicula occidental

That costume seemed amazing to me since I saw it, it would be great to be able to use it in the epilogue.

They imagine that R * add the Rockstar Editor/Cinematic, just like GTA V, play with the characters of the band and with NPC John.

ThroatSlasher2
1 hour ago, Darealbandicoot said:

I despise Take Two so much. I haven't touched Online and never will. Choke on it you scummy f*cks.

Hetraet

Zelnick should really kill himself lol... I still hope Benzies magically comes back

happygrowls
16 minutes ago, Hetraet said:

Zelnick should really kill himself lol... I still hope Benzies magically comes back

Ok no that's too far, some dude shouldn't kill himself because he runs a business, scummy as he may be, suicide shouldn't be joked about.

Also this is a thread for John's hairstyle not a dunking on Take-Two megathread.

Edited by happygrowls

Hetraet
21 minutes ago, happygrowls said:

Ok no that's too far, some dude shouldn't kill himself because he runs a business, scummy as he may be, suicide shouldn't be joked about.

Also this is a thread for John's hairstyle not a dunking on Take-Two megathread.

dude i commited suicide two times now, i am even that stupid i cant kill ms so atleast i can joke about it...but hey, im sorry for letting myself go too far if thats uncomfortable for some...still I think Zelnick is a piece of sh*t and should be replaced by Benzies, if Benzies was there, we wouldn't even care about John's hair, it would already be in the game. Also if you ever heard something Zelnick said, he even thinks that the microtransactions are underpriced...he's just an ultimate greedlord and I have no respect for the likes of him

streaz

a few days ago i think i saw someone say u can wear masks with a hat via glitch? anyone know how to, and how to remove second holster?

Archiemac

I made a YouTube video about our petition (haven't uploaded it yet) but it uses some of you guys screenshots from the forums. Do you mind if I upload it?

DiEgOw_CrAzY
24 minutes ago, Archiemac said:

I made a YouTube video about our petition (haven't uploaded it yet) but it uses some of you guys screenshots from the forums. Do you mind if I upload it?

You have my permission. Did you mention the petition on the video, pre release screenshots and mission screenshots? I love you guys so much for really care about this like me

streaz
29 minutes ago, Archiemac said:

yes man

once we all get johns original hair eventually were all gonna be so happy even if it takes till july 😂

Edited by streaz

Archiemac
11 minutes ago, DiEgOw_CrAzY said:

You have my permission. Did you mention the petition on the video, pre release screenshots and mission screenshots? I love you guys so much for really care about this like me

Yeah I did. I'll post it on YouTube then link it here

a z

This is all speculation...
The model used for John in all the screenshots were made by devs using the non-player version of John.  The playable John is based off a complex Arthur character system. 

So you won't be able to "turn on" non-player John hair.  You might be able to find a universal attachment node in the head, make playable John bald, and find the non-player John hair to force attach to bald John.  That's probably the only way you'll get that. 

This also means any costumes you like on non-player John will only work as a complete override to playable John with all his layered clothing options.  This might not work though since non-player John is a different body shape than playable John which is of course based off of Arthur who has a bigger barrel chest than John.  You might find non-player John shirt clipping into player John's chest for example.  This also means there's no clothing layering system for non-player John outfits.  You get all or nothing.  There is a variety of outfits though!  

I tried to get the shirt and straps Arthur has in Guarma as a shirt option in the rest of the game.  It appears to be a complete costume override and not part of the layers outfits.  Same situation as non-player John outfits ... it's one whole "skin"

kqbCGYy.png

To get John's hair on the playable character, Rockstar would have to reshape all the dynamic hair growth systems, which I don't see them doing unless they schedule it into a remastered version of Red Dead Redemption.  You could still try the above it though... sticking a John hair piece on top of a bald John.  I wonder what would happen if you let his dynamic hair grow out!

Archiemac

Here it is.

It's not the best but it will do

John's haircut
13 minutes ago, Archiemac said:

Here it is.

It's not the best but it will do

I don't have time to read sometimes but its good !

WeebleTron

8 hours ago, jedijosh920 said:

Hey Jedi, when the pc version releases, i’m wondering if you’ll add this hairstyle to the already existing barber menu in game as another hair option if possible so we can still use other haircuts. 

I’m all about immersion, and R* really dropped the ball in the epilogue hair dept. Sorry if i’m asking a question you can’t yet answer, I’m not entirely familiar with how modding this would work. 

Also this speaks waves for R* customer support. I have to ask talented modders like jedijosh920 my support questions and QOL suggestions. It shows who really cares about the average player. 

DoctorMike

I'm losing my faith now, Rockstar doesn't seem to care

But, when the PC version comes out, I'll be making a mod, solely for the purpose of fixing John's appearance. 

And anyone with a PC, and RDR2 (obviously) will get to play as OG John! Trust me, Rockstar doesn't care, modders like me, jedijosh920 and the others will come to the rescue again, same as GTA 5

Edited by DoctorMike

DEADWOODZ

I'm sure when the PC version get's a release there will be a trainer out with different variants of John and clothing...this is why i can't wait!

jedijosh920
1 hour ago, WeebleTron said:

Hey Jedi, when the pc version releases, i’m wondering if you’ll add this hairstyle to the already existing barber menu in game as another hair option if possible so we can still use other haircuts. 

I’m all about immersion, and R* really dropped the ball in the epilogue hair dept. Sorry if i’m asking a question you can’t yet answer, I’m not entirely familiar with how modding this would work. 

Also this speaks waves for R* customer support. I have to ask talented modders like jedijosh920 my support questions and QOL suggestions. It shows who really cares about the average player. 

Yeah that's the plan, if not, replacing the 6th or 7th length of the current right parted hairstyle to the original hair also works. Each hair style and length is it's own model, so replacing one of those to the original hair model will work. 

16 minutes ago, DEADWOODZ said:

I'm sure when the PC version get's a release there will be a trainer out with different variants of John and clothing...this is why i can't wait!

Hell yeah, I've heard from people who've seen the game internally or worked on it, that the structure is very similar to GTA 5's and it should be easy to create mods, trainers, etc when it comes out on PC. I plan on being one of the first to do that, I actually was the first to create a mod menu on the first game, Red Dead Redemption 1, so I have experience and determination. Just a matter of waiting for an announcement and release, I'm itching to create mods for it already 😜

zikpE6x.jpg

Here's an image of a script I made where I removed John's hat in RDR1. It reveals his glorious original hair 😍

4 hours ago, alz said:

This is all speculation...
The model used for John in all the screenshots were made by devs using the non-player version of John.  The playable John is based off a complex Arthur character system. 

So you won't be able to "turn on" non-player John hair.  You might be able to find a universal attachment node in the head, make playable John bald, and find the non-player John hair to force attach to bald John.  That's probably the only way you'll get that. 

This also means any costumes you like on non-player John will only work as a complete override to playable John with all his layered clothing options.  This might not work though since non-player John is a different body shape than playable John which is of course based off of Arthur who has a bigger barrel chest than John.  You might find non-player John shirt clipping into player John's chest for example.  This also means there's no clothing layering system for non-player John outfits.  You get all or nothing.  There is a variety of outfits though!  

I tried to get the shirt and straps Arthur has in Guarma as a shirt option in the rest of the game.  It appears to be a complete costume override and not part of the layers outfits.  Same situation as non-player John outfits ... it's one whole "skin"

kqbCGYy.png

To get John's hair on the playable character, Rockstar would have to reshape all the dynamic hair growth systems, which I don't see them doing unless they schedule it into a remastered version of Red Dead Redemption.  You could still try the above it though... sticking a John hair piece on top of a bald John.  I wonder what would happen if you let his dynamic hair grow out!

Nope, all the John's you see in-game are the same model for both player and NPC. Confirmed in the save files. He just has a lot of components that mix and match is all.

DEADWOODZ
3 minutes ago, jedijosh920 said:

Hell yeah, I've heard from people who've seen the game internally or worked on it, that the structure is very similar to GTA 5's and it should be easy to create mods, trainers, etc when it comes out on PC. I plan on being one of the first to do that, I actually was the first to create a mod menu on the first game, Red Dead Redemption 1, so I have experience and determination. Just a matter of waiting for an announcement and release, I'm itching to create mods for it already 😜

OpenIV here we come! (last time i used openiv for installing mods was for GTA V) But yeah if it's the same structure as V then i'm excited to see the mods people will make!

@jedijosh920 I'm all for immersion mods and sh*t, you & Zippo have some of the dopest mods going for V!

Edited by DEADWOODZ

Darealbandicoot
10 hours ago, ThroatSlasher2 said:

I despise Take Two so much. I haven't touched Online and never will. Choke on it you scummy f*cks.

Take Two aren't all to blame. Dan and Sam Houser, Zelnick, and the higher ups in their respective companies are EQUAL PARTNERS unlike the other T2 subsidiaries. Take Two and Rockstar BOTH have to decide on what kind of microtransactions they want to put in the game. As a matter of fact, Take Two going after modders wouldn't happen unless Rockstar were 100% A- OK with it. Rockstar are the ones using Take Two's hired goons to confiscate beta builds and silence the community like Yan. Hell, Dan Houser was jumping for joy in a Red Dead Online interview. 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

John's haircut

I wish I had a pc just for this.