3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

DiEgOw_CrAzY

Petition about that epilogue missing hair style

RyuNova

John dresses like a f*cking tramp, I am glad I can clean him up.

Properly styled facial hair, tucked in pants and a fancy coat and he looks great.

DiEgOw_CrAzY
51 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

John dresses like a f*cking tramp, I am glad I can clean him up.

Properly styled facial hair, tucked in pants and a fancy coat and he looks great.

The problem is the lack of option. Not everyone wants to play with fancy hair John

Edited by DiEgOw_CrAzY

Darealbandicoot
7 hours ago, John's haircut said:

I was about to restart the prologue just for this, so thanks. Off hand holster + John's hair is what make me crazy (and the satchel but some outfits are disigned with it so I can understand). A simple on/off button to add and an haircut already there.. I have so many saves with Arthur or John where I have no satchel or no holsters, but I don't have the outfits I want or the "stolen/find hat" that I want. It really bother me.

So many way of rp like cop/sheriff/military/union soldier/pirate and more that I don't do bc I don't have the outfits on my glitched saves and I don't want to spent hours to find them again. My first save have everything but I can't sleep with Abigail its bugged and visually I just hate this big satchel/holster. I didnt do a second run of the game but I replayed the epilogue like 3x and the prologue 1x just for the glitches and John's gambler hat. 

Now that I know the outfit save is patched I really don't want to start my second run. Im pissed, if the next update do nothing for solo or break it more I will lose all my faith. Ok R* you want us to farm online for new content but damn its not new content we are asking for, fix the solo before !

And guess what? Rockstar lets Online players go ahead without an off hand holster if they saved an outfit before they got it

RyuNova
28 minutes ago, DiEgOw_CrAzY said:

The problem is the lack If option. Not everyone wants to play with fancy hair John

Then use of the parting ones and grow it long.

DiEgOw_CrAzY
3 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Then use of the parting ones and grow it long.

Still not the same. I wish I was like you, that details like this didn't make a difference, but I'm not. I'm an artist and every little details counts.

The hair I get / the hair I want

dXcKek.jpg

Cozzi

So wait?.. people are mad because he looks different from chapter 1-6 of the game? I just want him to look like he does at the start of RDR1. Which I was able to get close enough to. so I'm personally happy. But whats this about glitches? Someone link me to somewhere.

RyuNova
6 minutes ago, DiEgOw_CrAzY said:

Still not the same. I wish I was like you, that details like this didn't make a difference, but I'm not. I'm an artist and every little details counts.

The hair I get / the hair I want

giphy.gif

He literally combed his hair to one side a little more, thats the only difference, the hair line is the same, colour etc. Put a hat on him and its all good.

ThroatSlasher2
35 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

giphy.gif

He literally combed his hair to one side a little more, thats the only difference, the hair line is the same, colour etc. Put a hat on him and its all good.

No it's not the same, friend.

Arthur's hair is soft and shiny, it looks light and almost puffy.

John's is stringy and ropey, it looks dirty and broken.

Plus they changed his hair color. It was washed out brown (almost grey) in RDR1 and now it's jet black. I could name so many other things wrong about John but I'll stop here.

Given Rockstar's reknown attention to detail, this is sh*t.

Edited by ThroatSlasher2

happygrowls

John is a man who has been on the run with Abigail and Jack for about 8 years when the Epilogue starts, there is no reason his hair should be combed and that neat when it starts, when he builds Beachers Hope, sure it makes sense for it to be neater then seeing as he has a stable life.

Edited by happygrowls

Archiemac

This outfit is the most badass John looks in all of rdr 2.

y3AA7yt.jpg

God I wish we had that shirt

Edited by Archiemac

RyuNova
7 minutes ago, happygrowls said:

John is a man who has been on the run with Abigail and Jack for about 8 years when the Epilogue starts, there is no reason his hair should be combed and that neat when it starts, when he builds Beachers Hope, sure it makes sense for it to be neater then seeing as he has a stable life.

And yet Dutch and Hosea have been on the run for twenty plus years with Kings Ransom sized bounties on their heads and sleeping in the dirt and yet both have neat and trimmed hair and beard styles. the family "Matron" like the Grandmother or an Aunt (Or Mrs Grimshaw) would have know how to cut hair to a certain degree. Nothing is to say that Abigail did not cut Johns and Jacks.

@ThroatSlasher2

I will admit the hair colour thing got me last night, both Abigail and John have jet black hair in RDR2 and yet Jack has brown? But I will say that John has aged alot since RDR2, there is a good chance is is actually going grey, people these days go grey in their twenties.

Archiemac
1 minute ago, RyuNova said:

And yet Dutch and Hosea have been on the run for twenty plus years with Kings Ransom sized bounties on their heads and sleeping in the dirt and yet both have neat and trimmed hair and beard styles. the family "Matron" like the Grandmother or an Aunt (Or Mrs Grimshaw) would have know how to cut hair to a certain degree. Nothing is to say that Abigail did not cut Johns and Jacks.

@ThroatSlasher2

I will admit the hair colour thing got me last night, both Abigail and John have jet black hair in RDR2 and yet Jack has brown? But I will say that John has aged alot since RDR2, there is a good chance is is actually going grey, people these days go grey in their twenties.

It's just not in John's personality to clean himself everyday and wear a suit everywhere And John just has naturally greasy hair but in the epilogue he doesn't and John has bangs in rdr 2 and 1 but not in the epilogue. There are many issues

RyuNova
3 minutes ago, Archiemac said:

It's just not in John's personality to clean himself everyday and wear a suit everywhere And John just has naturally greasy hair but in the epilogue he doesn't and John has bangs in rdr 2 and 1 but not in the epilogue. There are many issues

I know everyone is going to jump down my throat and I accept that but if I am given control of a character then their personality does not matter. My head canon is that my John looked upto Arthur more than he let on and decides to honour him by basing his dress style on my Arthurs but by RDR1 hes not a star struck kid anymore.

Archiemac
Just now, RyuNova said:

I know everyone is going to jump down my throat and I accept that but if I am given control of a character then their personality does not matter. My head canon is that my John looked upto Arthur more than he let on and decides to honour him by basing his dress style on my Arthurs but by RDR1 hes not a star struck kid anymore.

So for 8 years John tries to look like arthur and then in 1911 decides he'd rather not. I'm not buying it.

DoctorMike

Plus, John never even mentioned Arthur, nor dressed like him in RDR1

The thing is, they were just too lazy to add his actual hair, it's just that. He just isn't the type to try and look like someone else, he has his own set of clothes in RDR1 so....

Archiemac
5 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Also are you trying to say that playable characters can't have personalities Because you can make them do whatever you like.

*Face Palm* 

Darealbandicoot
4 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

But the problem there is, John's hair is naturally right parted in RDR1 and RDR2 BUT in the epilogue it is naturally left parted and grows in a COMPLETELY different style. Plus his hair is browney black in RDR2 and RDR1 but in the Epilogue its shiney jet black. Plus he has Arthur's TB scalp super glued onto his head which makes it look all pale and veiney. 

DiEgOw_CrAzY

He said It all, as player, we should have the option to make him the way we want. AND THAT'S THE FREAKING PROBLEM, THEY REMOVED THE ONLY HAIR I WANTED. I have no option to do that, the only way to make John look the way I want, is If they add his hair back and even better, his clothes

JMarston
3 minutes ago, DiEgOw_CrAzY said:

Lo dijo Todo, como jugador, deberíamos tener la opción de hacerlo como queremos. Y ESE ES EL PROBLEMA LIBRE, ELIMINARON EL ÚNICO CABELLO QUE QUERÍA. No tengo ninguna opción para hacer eso, la única manera de hacer que John se vea como quiero, es si le devuelven el pelo y, mejor aún, su ropa.

Amen🙏

RyuNova
26 minutes ago, Archiemac said:

So for 8 years John tries to look like arthur and then in 1911 decides he'd rather not. I'm not buying it.

People seem to be taking my stating my personal opinion/how I look at/about something personally so I am done. I don't want an argument. Enjoy moaning about a hairstyle.

DoctorMike
Just now, RyuNova said:

People seem to be taking my stating my personal opinion/how I look at/about something personally so I am done. I don't want an argument. Enjoy moaning about a hairstyle.

Why do you even care about what we're "moaning" about? That hairstyle alone makes him looks like a completely different person, he doesn't have his 1899 outfits either

3 minutes ago, Archiemac said:

"Bug" lol

"Rockstar Expert"
"Bug"
lmfao

RyuNova
1 minute ago, DoctorMike said:

Why do you even care about what we're "moaning" about? That hairstyle alone makes him looks like a completely different person, he doesn't have his 1899 outfits either

Because I tried to join in and got blasted by a wall of moaning for trying.

Darealbandicoot
3 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

It's just that everyone in this section is a bit on edge due to Rockstars silence. Especially since the next patch is coming in a couple of months. Your opinion is your own. You have every right to have it. 

RyuNova
1 minute ago, Darealbandicoot said:

It's just that everyone in this section is a bit on edge due to Rockstars silence. Especially since the next patch is coming in a couple of months. Your opinion is your own. You have every right to have it. 

Thank you and fair point.

I agree that its sh*t but hey ho.

Darealbandicoot
2 hours ago, Archiemac said:

"Bug" lol

Yep. Like I said, Rockstar support just want you to shut up so give the same cookie cutter response. So by her logic, John's 1899 outfits not being accessible by playable John is a bug when not that long ago they said it was a design choice. Bullsh*t 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

Boozey St John
2 hours ago, RyuNova said:

Thank you and fair point.

I agree that its sh*t but hey ho.

"Never go against a circle jerk, Dear Boyyy."

(*In Trelawny's voice*)

ripvanwinkle
4 hours ago, Archiemac said:

This outfit is the most badass John looks in all of rdr 2.

y3AA7yt.jpg

God I wish we had that shirt

That shirt is just John's Cassimere shirt but in black, with a union suit underneath. It's really not that hard to add as an option. F***ing Rockstar.