3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

DiEgOw_CrAzY

Petition about that epilogue missing hair style

Hetraet

@streaz almost the same as the one John wears (texture) i know that in rdr 1 it looks more like a potato bag but this still is clearly a design of his poncho

streaz

is johns correct hair color in rdo? lmao

1 minute ago, Hetraet said:

@streaz almost the same as the one John wears (texture) i know that in rdr 1 it looks more like a potato bag but this still is clearly a design of his poncho

true kinda it doesn’t have much orange tho, i think johns looks more worn out, i agree now i didn’t notice that actually

Hetraet
2 minutes ago, streaz said:

is johns correct hair color in rdo? lmao

true kinda it doesn’t have much orange tho, i think johns looks more worn out, i agree now i didn’t notice that actually

Yeah me neither it's part of a new outfit... Costs abou 450 bucks... 450 bucks for clothing in Wild west...one mission makes about 10 bucks... Thats 40 missions of boredom just to get John's patterned poncho

streaz
Just now, Hetraet said:

Yeah me neither it's part of a new outfit... Costs abou 450 bucks... 450 bucks for clothing in Wild west...one mission makes about 10 bucks... Thats 40 missions of boredom just to get John's patterned poncho

holy sh*t that’s a f*cking joke lmao

Leannoir

Looks like stupid poncho for a big price

Dryspace
5 minutes ago, Leannoir said:

Looks like stupid poncho for a big price

Surely he meant pesos? 450 pesos.

Mas u Sees
8 hours ago, DiEgOw_CrAzY said:

You clearly doesn't know how game design work. Let's Just say copy and paste assets and templates Works Just fine. They didn't need to create a new hair lenght setting for each hairstyle, they Just need to copy and paste, change the models and hash name

What? No.

You have no clue how Game Design works, it IS NOT THAT SIMPLE, as just copy and paste wtf. 

I have programmed small games myself and you would be surprised how effing complicated the most simplest of things are.

You cannot just copy and paste assets with animations that were made for NPC Characters to a Playable Character.

There is a reason R*, chose to not do that

streaz
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Mas u Sees said:

What? No.

You have no clue how Game Design works, it IS NOT THAT SIMPLE, as just copy and paste wtf. 

I have programmed small games myself and you would be surprised how effing complicated the most simplest of things are.

You cannot just copy and paste assets with animations that were made for NPC Characters to a Playable Character.

they probably removed it because the long hair probably clipped through certain clothing or something stupid idk that’s what i’m thinking because they had the hair in screenshots and they were probably too lazy to make all the clothing work with the hair so they just gave him arthur’s it’s f*cking stupid tho you know they had enough time to do that

Edited by streaz

DiEgOw_CrAzY
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Mas u Sees said:

What? No.

I used to make games myself too, so yeah. I know what I'm talking. They didn't programmed every hairstyle separatelly. Also, there is a lot of pre release secreenshots showing playable John with his hair and even on the mission thumbnails

5 minutes ago, streaz said:

they probably removed it because the long hair probably clipped through certain clothing or something stupid like that and they were too lazy to make all the clothing work with the hair so they just gave him arthur’s it’s f*cking stupid tho you know they had enough time to do that

Arthur's longer hairstyles clips trought some clothing too. That's no excuse. Jeez, this talking bring me back to december, when we discussed all that

Edited by DiEgOw_CrAzY

Holphino
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Mas u Sees said:

It isn't that easy, just because those lengths exist on NPCs, it doesn't mean that they have the set available for the player character...

I understand your point, but the fact that they didn't include his standard long npc hair is BEYOND lazy. Seriously all they had to do was put his npc hair over length 7 and no one would've complained at all. As for "It not being a big deal" well that's subjective. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but a character not looking like how they've been known to look is a pretty big deal when you're a fan of said character(especially when the character is as iconic as John Marston). Also when that exact same character HAS their iconic look when they're NOT playable, but the moment when they become playable they are immediately stripped of their iconic look. That feels like a huge slap in the face to us RDR1 fans, especially when you consider Epilogue John in pre-release screenshots pretty much looked like he was straight out of a RDR1 remake.

Edited by Holphino

DiEgOw_CrAzY
18 minutes ago, Holphino said:

I understand your point, but the fact that they didn't include his standard long npc hair is BEYOND lazy. Seriously all they had to do was put his npc hair over length 7 and no one would've complained at all. As for "It not being a big deal" well that's subjective. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but a character not looking like how they've been known to look is a pretty big deal when you're a fan of said character(especially when the character is as iconic as John Marston). Also when that exact same character HAS their iconic look when they're NOT playable, but as soon as they are playable they are immediately stripped of their iconic look. It feels like a pretty big slap in the face, especially when you consider Epilogue John in pre-release screenshots pretty much looked like he was straight out of a RDR1 remake.

This

streaz
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DiEgOw_CrAzY said:

I used to make games myself too, so yeah. I know what I'm talking. They didn't programmed every hairstyle separatelly. Also, there is a lot of pre release secreenshots showing playable John with his hair and even on the mission thumbnails

Arthur's longer hairstyles clips trought some clothing too. That's no excuse. Jeez, this talking bring me back to december, when we discussed all that

i was just tryna think of a reason why lol... there is no other reason why or they were just too lazy to make sizes so they disabled it and gave him arthurs don’t hear me wrong i think john should have his og hair lol i’m just tryna see it from there point if they aren’t just playing with us and saying f*ck you to us by removing it it seems like they are tho

Edited by streaz

Hetraet

I give up, selling the game when the guy that wants to buy it from me hits me up and then I'm gonna drink my sorrows away... it'll take a while for me to not be passionate and vocal about this game but this really is the breaking point... I'd like to praise this game, not to bitch every day about it. It's time for me to move on. I don't even know why I even cared so much after all... appreciate all of u here and I hope that the few left will continue voicing their concerns but I'm done. 

This journey was actually pretty funny at some points, and rather depressing most of the time.

But hey...atleast I practiced my english. 

RIP R*. 

BallinBallas

I wish I hadn’t updated my game, RIP epilogue saves. been messing around with online, and lots of Mexican themed items had been added. I wonder how much of it is cut content from SP? either way, gonna go back to V1.00 tomorrow & play on my Arthur saves. glad RDO got some content but it’s not for me. 

Red Hardbro
1 hour ago, Hetraet said:

I give up, selling the game when the guy that wants to buy it from me hits me up and then I'm gonna drink my sorrows away... it'll take a while for me to not be passionate and vocal about this game but this really is the breaking point... I'd like to praise this game, not to bitch every day about it. It's time for me to move on. I don't even know why I even cared so much after all... appreciate all of u here and I hope that the few left will continue voicing their concerns but I'm done. 

This journey was actually pretty funny at some points, and rather depressing most of the time.

But hey...atleast I practiced my english. 

RIP R*. 

You’ll be missed it seems that’s what they want though. For the people asking for something in singleplayer to just go away. And like you I will be moving on in another month or two I still got a bit of hope for a Director Mode since I know dlc isn’t happening. Days Gone and MK 11 have been pretty fun though so I may just move on altogether without the updates to singleplayer Rockstar has truly changed and for the worst hope they start to do bad!!

hellsoldier06
Posted (edited)

Omg the guy who defend R* and talk about Game design --'

So if they can't add his hair why the f*ck the John in the screenshot of the chapter selection menu, the player picture (weight etc) and in the preview screenshot have it ? And why in some picture of this menu we can see John with Arthur's hairstyle and HIS hairstyle ?

AND why when we play pocker in 1.00, sometimes, the John's player picture wear his RDR 1 haircut ?

In RDRO we can chose some hairstyle of Arthur without the hair growth system, so why just not add the hair for one lenght for John ?

Damn...

The f*cking R* support told us many time that there are aware of the issue, they watch the video and working for fix his hair and give us the right hairstyle, and right now, this is the 2nd major update and still nothing for SP..

OH YYEAH there is, there remove the possibilitie to go in New Austin with Arthur, they f*cked up the gloves of John and sometime he has the Arthur's chin scar --'

And,  while the poncho, the Lemat, the Evans and the young John's clothes are in RDO , there is still nothing for SP while the item ARE in the game...

Edited by hellsoldier06

Darealbandicoot
13 hours ago, Mas u Sees said:

What? No.

Then why do the Red Dead Online characters have outfits and hairstyles made for NPCs available to them? 

hellsoldier06
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Then why do the Red Dead Online characters have outfits and hairstyles made for NPCs available to them? 

THIS !

And especially that the RDO character has different size, weight and face shape

Edited by hellsoldier06

hellsoldier06

When a red dead online character with many possibilities of head or face size can wear the Sean mc Guire hairs but John Marston "seem" can't wear his own f*cking hair..

Darealbandicoot
2 minutes ago, hellsoldier06 said:

When a red dead online character with many possibilities of head or face size can wear the Sean mc Guire hairs but John Marston "seem" can't wear his own f*cking hair..

Same goes with a female character able to wear the Susan Grimshaw/Marybeth/Tilly hairstyles. 

Also the male Online character has some of Arthur's hairstyles available. How can this be? 

BallinBallas

to be honest, we’re not going to see John’s hair on console. It’ll most likely be on the PC version through a next-gen touch up or mods.the current RDR2 SP is going to get the same treatment as V on the X360/PS3. It’s all about them getting RDO in order, in preparation for the “enhanced” PC rendition. 

EpsilonProgram
On 6/12/2008 at 3:24 PM, SBG said:

[email protected]

[email protected]

rahkstar2.gif

you'll get an auto reply but continue to blow up their inbox

post if you get a reply!

peace

SB

I stumbled upon this old thread of people complaining about lack of cheats in GTA IV back in 2008, and somebody posted info of the Houser's email for whatever reason, might wanna blow their inbox with this petition and the downgrades. 

hellsoldier06
1 hour ago, BallinBallas said:

to be honest, we’re not going to see John’s hair on console. It’ll most likely be on the PC version through a next-gen touch up or mods.the current RDR2 SP is going to get the same treatment as V on the X360/PS3. It’s all about them getting RDO in order, in preparation for the “enhanced” PC rendition. 

And this is so sad...

R* are god damn liars and king of wrong advertising !

God damn it, John HAS his f*cking hair in the player menu but not in the game !

How is that possible ?

BallinBallas
7 minutes ago, hellsoldier06 said:

And this is so sad...

R* are god damn liars and king of wrong advertising !

God damn it, John HAS his f*cking hair in the player menu but not in the game !

How is that possible ?

they’re very sneaky, especially in the past few years. I mean, that huge poker update for RDO? It’s region locked and they didn’t say a single word about it. R* have a huge trail of doing this kinda thing, Johns hair being one of the more painfully obvious issues.

DiEgOw_CrAzY

Hey guys, vote there. He's gonna call rockstar over John's hair

https://t.co/RPgZZF0qFX

Cutter De Blanc

GET THAT BALD BASTARD DAN ON THE PHONE

JUST CUZ YOU DONT GOT NO HAIR YOU CANT BE GOING MESSING UP OTHER PEOPLE'S HAIR BRO

streaz

lmao this rockstar caller talked like a real life bot

DiEgOw_CrAzY
22 minutes ago, streaz said:

lmao this rockstar caller talked like a real life bot

"Thanks you for the feedback, we know about the issue and all but we ain't fixing"

Mas u Sees
1 minute ago, DiEgOw_CrAzY said:

"Thanks you for the feedback, we know about the issue and all but we ain't fixing"

Yes, you do realize you are talking to Support Employees right?
Those people can do absolutely nothing for you, they don't develop the game, they don't have any influence on the development whatsoever.

The only thing you and this really not so smart YouTuber are doing, is wasting the time of hard working Support Employees, who have enough sh*tty customers to handle anyway.

EpsilonProgram

Actually I gave more thought to my previous post and found Aaron Garbut contact info on this LinkedIN searcher https://rocketreach.co/aaron-garbut-email_8010707 he is the co-head of Rockstar North, in charge of development. Makes more sense contacting him than the Houser's , email is [email protected]