2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

So went AFK last night....

Up2NoGood45

I had right around 1M at the Nightclub last night but was tired so let it AFK till just now.  I did the "Blow Up" mission and then went AFK in my Apt.  Finished the mission and went back to the NC...now it's down to $554,000.  Any ideas of what could have happened?  I was not registered as CEO.  

Edited by Up2NoGood45

People have been saying their MCs have been raided while AFK since the update, maybe that?

11 hours ago, kcole4001 said:

People have been saying their MCs have been raided while AFK since the update, maybe that?

If he was in a mission it should be impossible for his place to be raided as its not in Free Roam. Unless they made it so the timer still happens and triggers in the background.

46 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

If he was in a mission it should be impossible for his place to be raided as its not in Free Roam. Unless they made it so the timer still happens and triggers in the background.

I'm thinking that's what others were saying, they were AFK in a job as well.

Can't remember where I saw the posts, though.

Edited by kcole4001

20 hours ago, Up2NoGood45 said:

I did the "Blow Up" mission and then went AFK in my Apt.  Any ideas of what could have happened?

You went AFK. Bad things happen when you go AFK, even in real life.

tumblr_ne9s2oBSLD1qhub34o7_500.gif

JustCallMeNiko

My guess is that there is some kind of new glitch with game modes and the idle timer...yesterday I was kicked for being idle right after actively completing an Arena game...

• Like 1

We need someone who has access to the coding to look into this, this could mean that my Nightclub is that much hands-off as it used to be.

I play lots of heists and missions and all I know is that my nightclub took 120 game days to fill up. That's four months in game time for 1.5mil... :/

• Like 2

A friend of mine had a similar problem, although he wasn't even AFK. We were f*cking around in FR for a while and he went to his nightclub to do something. Then he realised his products were worth 90 thousand. But the last time he had checked, it was worth more than 1 million.

I guess we got a new bug?

2 hours ago, Fatsanchez said:

A friend of mine had a similar problem, although he wasn't even AFK. We were f*cking around in FR for a while and he went to his nightclub to do something. Then he realised his products were worth 90 thousand. But the last time he had checked, it was worth more than 1 million.

I guess we got a new bug?

So you were in freeroam and did he get a notification on raiding?

11 hours ago, thepiebaker said:

So you were in freeroam and did he get a notification on raiding?

Nope, he just went inside the nightclub ans realized the value was different.

1 hour ago, Up2NoGood45 said:

There’s something up, tried afk again last night and booted.  Never had these issues before.

How are you going afk? Like running in circles or in a car with the wheel turned?

52 minutes ago, FlacidJack said:

How are you going afk? Like running in circles or in a car with the wheel turned?

I usually start a contact mission like “blow up” or I just go on the security cameras at the Nightclub 

On 12/16/2018 at 2:17 PM, Up2NoGood45 said:

I usually start a contact mission like “blow up” or I just go on the security cameras at the Nightclub 

I've overnight afk since arena whores launch. You're watching TV in an appt when you're in blow up right?

• Like 2

I've noticed something "not quite right" for a while with the AFK timer, particularly on PC - where sometimes Alt+Tabbing would cause GTA Online to kick you out within a little over two minutes (windowed borderless). Not really sure how the bug is triggered but it's a bit "wishy-washy". 

I tested the other day though being in the CEO Office and watching TV from the couch and that worked fine - wasn't kicked (didn't alt+tab, left GTA as the focused window). 

1 hour ago, Gaffa said:

I've noticed something "not quite right" for a while with the AFK timer, particularly on PC - where sometimes Alt+Tabbing would cause GTA Online to kick you out within a little over two minutes (windowed borderless). Not really sure how the bug is triggered but it's a bit "wishy-washy". 

I tested the other day though being in the CEO Office and watching TV from the couch and that worked fine - wasn't kicked (didn't alt+tab, left GTA as the focused window). 

It's on xbox. We have a min and half if we have the guide up. So we have a kind and a half to type a message or even ingame text. Its intentional

On 12/14/2018 at 2:50 PM, Up2NoGood45 said:

I had right around 1M at the Nightclub last night but was tired so let it AFK till just now.  I did the "Blow Up" mission and then went AFK in my Apt.  Finished the mission and went back to the NC...now it's down to $554,000.  Any ideas of what could have happened?  I was not registered as CEO.  

It seems R* may have patched the ability not to get hit with MC/CEO daily fees while AFK or not. Had same thing happen to me (playing PC) back when they were giving 2x on stunt races and bunker. all my business are maxed with security and other production upgrades. Setup the bunker and other business to make product. Then logged out from CEO. Even changed servers and respawned on my yacht. Then launched the 2X stunt race playlist.

did some 10 or so games solo (approx  1 game day ~48 mins) right at the end of that playlist, got hit with daily fees for all my properties i.e. apts, all garages including CEO/I&E ones, and including the Doomsday facility and Nightclub. Basically all fees except MC facilities. And this was when I was out of free roam doing the racing missions.

So yeah, it seems like they managed to fix yet another feature that wasn't broke. And the modders are still being allowed to freely wreck havoc and destroy the game for everyone else 😕

On 12/15/2018 at 3:00 PM, Mokuakae said:

AFK.. Stuff happens. Did your character end up with his trousers on the right way round.

lmao. given all the craziness going on with the modders lately, this song immediately came to mind when you said that 😅

Edited by PkUnzipper

iloveyouiloveus

One of my MC's got raided while I was CEO or off-CEO. There's a glitch in GTAO that triggers the raids. I purposely avoid MC biker just to not get raided. I haven't been able to identify anything that can cause the glitch, but it is out there. The funny thing about the raid is that I didn't know it happened. I received the notice from the nightclub when my organic produce was locked even though it has been unlocked previously.

Daily fees aren't all that bad. Export one top end car and you're good. I don't see what the issue is.

52 minutes ago, PkUnzipper said:

It seems R* may have patched the ability not to get hit with MC/CEO daily fees while AFK or not. Had same thing happen to me (playing PC) back when they were giving 2x on stunt races and bunker. all my business are maxed with security and other production upgrades. Setup the bunker and other business to make product. Then logged out from CEO. Even changed servers and respawned on my yacht. Then launched the 2X stunt race playlist.

did some 10 or so games solo (approx  1 game day ~48 mins) right at the end of that playlist, got hit with daily fees for all my properties i.e. apts, all garages including CEO/I&E ones, and including the Doomsday facility and Nightclub. Basically all fees except MC facilities. And this was when I was out of free roam doing the racing missions.

So yeah, it seems like they managed to fix yet another feature that wasn't broke. And the modders are still being allowed to freely wreck havoc and destroy the game for everyone else 😕

lmao. given all the craziness going on with the modders lately, this song immediately came to mind when you said that 😅

On 12/14/2018 at 5:25 PM, kcole4001 said:

Friday (December 14th) I went AFK for about 12 hours. I stayed in CEO(I was testing if I would get rare special cargo during that time which I did not) my NC stock was not touched but when I got back on I did get a notification that my cargo warehouse is getting raided at which point I turned off my XBOX. Turned my system back on expecting my warehouse to be empty but it seems none of my business were touched.  

I've lost all my ammo and explosives for all my weapons except shotguns and pistols since the Arena War update.  Even my petrol can is empty, and I always kept my ammo topped up.  Anyone else experience this?

I'm not sure if I had the same ammo issue. I've been running a long time without refilling ammo but that auto refill after an aw match was a hefty 100k+ so probably yes.

the daily fees however feel unchanged for me. I'm still able to prevent the daily fees actually by quickly leaving ceo when I see the bills coming in. and sometimes when I log back into securoserv it will bill me the daily fee for the bunker, indicating that it hasn't been billed before.

• Like 1

iloveyouiloveus
49 minutes ago, White Shark said:

I've lost all my ammo and explosives for all my weapons except shotguns and pistols since the Arena War update.  Even my petrol can is empty, and I always kept my ammo topped up.  Anyone else experience this?

no, but i know others have....

i just experienced armor on night club vehicles not working during sells

• Like 1

went AFK yesterday from 8am to 7pm. everything was normal and NC was building stock as normal. no raids on any properties. currently AFK again while im at work and streaming on mixer to keep an eye on things. www.Mixer.com/G87

Edited by M0B5TA
  • Like 1

iloveyouiloveus
7 minutes ago, M0B5TA said:

went AFK yesterday from 8am to 7pm. everything was normal and NC was building stock as normal. no raids on any properties. currently AFK again while im at work and streaming on mixer to keep an eye on things. www.Mixer.com/G87

Keep us updated on this. I also use the AFK method every now and then.

touchedmysoul09

I've AFK'd several times since the update and not had any issues....YET.  However, I have had times where one of my MC businesses (I have all of them but Document Forgery) was randomly empty of both supplies and product even though I know it was supplied and producing....like it was raided but the game never told me.  Not real sure.  Either way, the MC raids have gotten completely out of hand especially after a few months ago when they accidentally disabled raids for a week or so then started them back up.  I feel like they made the raids more frequent after that and I have security for all my businesses.  I've literally gotten raided 4 times back to back before.  What's the point of the security upgrades?  Sigh.

20 hours ago, xDONALDxTRUMPx1 said:

Keep us updated on this. I also use the AFK method every now and then.

yesterdays AFK session was successful. doing it again today.

5 hours ago, gmintz09 said:

I've AFK'd several times since the update and not had any issues....YET.  However, I have had times where one of my MC businesses (I have all of them but Document Forgery) was randomly empty of both supplies and product even though I know it was supplied and producing....like it was raided but the game never told me.  Not real sure.  Either way, the MC raids have gotten completely out of hand especially after a few months ago when they accidentally disabled raids for a week or so then started them back up.  I feel like they made the raids more frequent after that and I have security for all my businesses.  I've literally gotten raided 4 times back to back before.  What's the point of the security upgrades?  Sigh.

I feel like MC has been broken for a long time. ive had time where I resupply fully and it only makes me little to no stock before having to resupply again. then there are time where I sign on to MC and I would get a raid instantly.

iloveyouiloveus
7 minutes ago, M0B5TA said:

yesterdays AFK session was successful. doing it again today.

I feel like MC has been broken for a long time. ive had time where I resupply fully and it only makes me little to no stock before having to resupply again. then there are time where I sign on to MC and I would get a raid instantly.

For the MCs, are all your MCs upgraded? Fully upgrading your MCs increases the value of your product and extends the life of your supplies. As far as the raids go, the MC raids are out of control. I don't use the MC business at all just to avoid raids. Only sign on to MC businesses inside the actual MC business or you risk a raid.

Immediately after an MC sell, find a way to return to the MC business immediately or sign out from MC immediately.