3. Site Suggestions

OG_GhostDog

Red Dead Online - Gold Bar store is open

Shadowfennekin
5 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Yeah.

Newswire post from earlier.

Specifically this part:

Gold Gift: As a thank you for your ongoing support, we are awarding everyone who has played from the Red Dead Online Beta launch through this Thursday, December 20th with a gift of 15 additional gold bars.

The awards will begin rolling out today and if you haven’t experienced the Red Dead Online Beta yet, play by Thursday, December 20th for eligibility. All gold bar gifts should be delivered by Monday, December 24th.

Keep an eye out for an alert screen when entering the Red Dead Online Beta to confirm the gift. 

Cash Gift: As an added thank you to players who pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption 2, and those who purchased either the Special or Ultimate Edition, we are awarding additional RDO$ gifts.

These will be active starting Friday, December 21st and are automatically added to your character’s balance the next time you play Red Dead Online during the Beta and permanently afterwards:

Special Edition Owners: RDO$100
Ultimate Edition Owners: RDO$1,000
Everyone who pre-ordered: RDO$100 (in addition to Ultimate and Special Edition gifts)

!!!!!!!!!!

Finally a proper thank you for us Ultimate edition users

Really hate how expensive the gold bars are though, really makes me fearful that Businesses and sh*t will solely be purchaseable with gold.....

Rithrius

I imagine there are already people going through the game like:

Tha-Jamz
5 hours ago, Chrismads said:

I got a life and a job. I'm rank 32. And am still convinced that you must be a massive loser to PTW

If it was PTW maybe, but is it ?

Tell me, what gives you a real advantage over someone else in this game that can only be bought with gold ?

gtmike
6 minutes ago, Tha-Jamz said:

Tell me, what gives you a real advantage over someone else in this game that can only be bought with gold ?

Rifleman gloves. I never lose while wearing them.

Tha-Jamz
4 minutes ago, gtmike said:

Rifleman gloves. I never lose while wearing them.

Whut ! yes its definetly pay to win then ! didnt think of that... ;)

Quinn_flower

And now the game is sh*t. Your not getting a cent out of me r*. 

Shadowfennekin

Thing is people might actually buy some gold considering how f*cking difficult it is to actually level up post level 20. :/

Edited by Shadowfennekin

Callahan44
Just now, Shadowfennekin said:

Thing is people might actually buy some gold considering how f*cking difficult it is to actually level up post level 20. :/

Do to what with the gold? I dont get how anyone that played singleplayer can be that happy with the beta that he thinks its a good idea to spend money on it. Perhaps im getting too old...

SaturdayNight

The real question is, what kind of scheme are they going to plot to keep players coming back? Gta online had many more missions at launch than rdo has currently and by missions i mean coop missions not stranger missions, those can be interrupted by other players. So far ive only seen 7 maybe 8 coop story missions. And then there are races, and then showdown series. Are they going to let banks be able to get robbed? Will it be a story mission or stranger mission? In gta online the entire premise was money and what new toys to buy with that money. Whats the premise now? 

Edited by SaturdayNight

Shadowfennekin
31 minutes ago, Callahan44 said:

Do to what with the gold? I dont get how anyone that played singleplayer can be that happy with the beta that he thinks its a good idea to spend money on it. Perhaps im getting too old...

You get around the level lock with gold

And a lot of good stuff is locked to 30 and on up.

Few ways to actually get XP right now, so I'm starting to believe that is intentional in the hopes people buy gold to get ahead.

EvilBunny
55 minutes ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Not even just that but I’m seeing there’s players buying gold just to spite people who dislike MTX...weird times we’re in lol

Callahan44
36 minutes ago, Shadowfennekin said:

You get around the level lock with gold

And a lot of good stuff is locked to 30 and on up.

Few ways to actually get XP right now, so I'm starting to believe that is intentional in the hopes people buy gold to get ahead.

What is this good stuff? Theres nothing worth grinding for...and its also not worth any cash. At least imo. Its all basic stuff we know from singleplayer.

Chrismads
4 hours ago, Tha-Jamz said:

The advantage is that you don't have to rank up to buy the guns. You don't have to earn the gold to buy the horses. You pay real life money so you don't have to work for it. Its not even about what you can buy for gold that others can't buy for $. Its about how you can skip a part of the game (earning) and just buy what you want. 

Its basically cheating. And i'm pretty sure it ruins some the fun for the ones paying to win, as they haven't earned to win the DM they bought their gun, for real life $, to win. Same with their horse when they win a race. Not that I care about that, just think its stupid. Like using an infinite dollar cheat in SP to complete it.

CaliMeatWagon
15 hours ago, coach_wargo said:

It seems to me that they've already priced these out to account for in game inflation. When GTAO launched a $20 shark card ($1.2M GTA) could get you most of what you wanted. Today that wouldn't even buy you a a single vehicle from this week's update. 

Impaler says "Hello".

6 hours ago, Chrismads said:

Isnt the gold turkoman gold bars? Either way everything can be bought with gold right? Problem for me is that some kid who cant even earn $1000 still has a possibility to get top tier stuff. For me that is pay to win.

If said kid can't earn $1000 in this game, how effective are they really going to be with "top tier stuff"? Are you also upset about old women wearing running shoes?

5 hours ago, Quinn_flower said:

And now the game is sh*t. Your not getting a cent out of me r*. 

You should show Rockstar how you really feel and stop playing and stop talking about their games. Because even if you don't plan on buying SharkGold, by playing their games, and discussing them, you are supporting their product.

Chrismads
6 minutes ago, CaliMeatWagon said:

If said kid can't earn $1000 in this game, how effective are they really going to be with "top tier stuff"? Are you also upset about old women wearing running shoes?

Can't/don't want to do the grind, whatever. I don't get the old women part 😄

CaliMeatWagon
3 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

Can't/don't want to do the grind, whatever. I don't get the old women part 😄

Worried about people having equipment that they are not fully capable of utilizing. 

Qbert

I bought 50 gold bars son yeah😎

rusbeckia

Maybe anyone bitching around here should actually start playing the game, then they‘d realize it‘s damn easy to make money in this game. I spent 1500-2000$ only in the last two days and was back at 480$ yesterday evening. 

Just don‘t play the game if multiplayer is such a disappointment to you, st least there are less douches around on the map then.

Edited by rusbeckia

Van_Hellsing

Earning money is not so difficult. Just three hunting runs and you got $100. It is the level caps. 

I wasted a day sitting on the roof shooting cops to level up 3 levels. Not to mention the persistent griefing and disconnections. 

Pocket Fox
7 hours ago, SaturdayNight said:

The real question is, what kind of scheme are they going to plot to keep players coming back? Gta online had many more missions at launch than rdo has currently and by missions i mean coop missions not stranger missions, those can be interrupted by other players. So far ive only seen 7 maybe 8 coop story missions. And then there are races, and then showdown series. Are they going to let banks be able to get robbed? Will it be a story mission or stranger mission? In gta online the entire premise was money and what new toys to buy with that money. Whats the premise now? 

In GTAO launch, you and your friends could do many things and engage in lots of gameplay loops.

RDRO is bare bones and all of the gameplay loops (short of missions or showdown series) can be interrupted at any time by anyone.

A beta is all about testing systems and while it seems clear R* wanted to test their gold bar system, I think an even better move would be for them to test invite/private lobbies. The thing people are clamouring for, and what would solve oh so many issues.

RayD70

I went ahead and threw $5.00 R*s way. It was the best (and to my mind, appropriate) deal. Yeah, there's no real content yet, yada yada yada. But a fiver isn't going to hurt anyone and I was only going for some clothing items for various outfits anyway. Finally got my main outfit detailed and finished. Look of my character, clothing, and (in my head) type of character he is is a long way away from what I had originally planned, but I like it.

Also I got my cold weather outfit sorted! The missing piece of the puzzle was a wool shirt. Vest didn't even seem to matter.

Edited by RayD70

elfoam
21 hours ago, Jason said:

Considering the prices on things like clothing, belts etc the 55 bar bundle will buy you quite a bit, which is good. Horses won't come cheap, though. The question is are those expensive bundles aimed at people who wanna buy stuff before they've unlocked the level for them (so the gold bar prices are inflated) or is it a sign that we'll get things that cost 50+ gold bars in the future.

It will buy you a lot NOW. It will buy you almost nothing in 12 months time :)

Rithrius
5 hours ago, Qbert said:

I bought 50 gold bars son yeah😎

Congratulations for being part of the problem. 🤣

éX-Driver

Funfact: the little US flag on the gold bar box is anachronistic. It is depicted as having 48 stars, which the US flag didn’t gain until 1912 with the admission of Arizona into the union. The correct flag would have 45 stars, which would work both in 1899 and 1907. The 45th state [Utah] was admitted in 1896, and the 46th [Oklahoma] was in November of 1907.

rusbeckia

44 minutes ago, éX-Driver said:

Funfact: the little US flag on the gold bar box is anachronistic. It is depicted as having 48 stars, which the US flag didn’t gain until 1912 with the admission of Arizona into the union. The correct flag would have 45 stars, which would work both in 1899 and 1907. The 45th state [Utah] was admitted in 1896, and the 46th [Oklahoma] was in November of 1907.

Wouldn‘t this imply that Online takes place around 1912?

éX-Driver
56 minutes ago, rusbeckia said:

It’s more the person that drew that image just screwed up. They outright state online takes place in 1899, before the main story takes place. 

Callahan44
7 hours ago, rusbeckia said:

Maybe anyone bitching around here should actually start playing the game, then they‘d realize it‘s damn easy to make money in this game. I spent 1500-2000$ only in the last two days and was back at 480$ yesterday evening. 

Just don‘t play the game if multiplayer is such a disappointment to you, st least there are less douches around on the map then.

Money,sure. Gold however is a different story. I dont got time to grind a month for a single golden gun.

Thats what i do now sadly...first game in years i bought on releaseday,i wanna play it but im just bored. Lvl 32 or so and im 110% bored.

CaliMeatWagon
1 hour ago, rusbeckia said:

Saddie'w house is still standing, completely intact. Online is before story. They created the Online map first, then "aged" it for single player. 

Pocket Fox
18 minutes ago, CaliMeatWagon said:

Saddie'w house is still standing, completely intact. Online is before story. They created the Online map first, then "aged" it for single player. 

Like scotch?

Qbert
4 hours ago, Rithrius said:

Congratulations for being part of the problem. 🤣

Forgot to mention I spent 0.00 dollars. PlayStation gave out 15$ awhile back ago, so thanks psn.