3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

OG_GhostDog

Red Dead Online - Gold Bar store is open

Maddened_Ghost

Awesome, this game is now fun to play again.

/s

Kemasus

I will definitely pick up the $5 - 25 (done)

.....not sure what I will use it for

Currently Level 20 and $1200

I will pick up my favorite horses, the buckskin and black Standardbred  for $130 each at Level 21

Edited by Kemasus

Chrismads
1 hour ago, djb204 said:

Some people have jobs, kids, and other responsibilities aside from gaming. Not everyone can grind away 24/7. I’m level 36 but I have friends who played RDO since it launched and are only around level 10. Who you call massive losers are most likely people with actual lives.

I got a life and a job. I'm rank 32. And am still convinced that you must be a massive loser to PTW

Cutter De Blanc

If youre paying 20 dollars for a horse in a 60 dollar game you're spending money like a loser, at least

sudoinit6

I am not against paying for a product I enjoy but they need to actually finish the game if they are going to get any money from me. As it stands it is a cool concept but every night I get excited to play then after about 20 minutes I am bored and go back to Overwatch.

BUT THE BENZ
1 hour ago, screemingEagle said:

so are there items that can only be purchased with gold bars and not game cash?  If so, what are they?

a plain duster coat for example, 1 gold bar.

or rifleman gloves, 2 gold bars

you get the drift

everything cool is seemingly gold-only

Tampinha85

To be honest i bought the one time deal, which is really cheap in my country, to save in hope of the next update they bring in new guns (new revolvers at least) and im sure it will have some kind of paywall to get them :/

Callahan44

Prices dont matter to me,especially not at the moment. Theres nothing interesting to buy,its all stuff i get for free in the singleplayer. Imo its simply insane you have to grind 10-15 missions for one gold as well. Instead of a real money store a bit more ingame content would have been nice,now we probably get nothing till next year...time for a break,sadly. 

Qbert

Remember a few weeks ago all the hate and trash people were talking about these microtransactions? 

screemingEagle

well,  the 25 bars for $5 isn't bad.  Too bad its only a one time deal.  that's only .20 cents per gold bar.  

someone calculated a while ago that it takes 8 hours of playing to get one gold bar.  Not sure if that is still valid.  can't remember if that was story mode or online.  So to get 25 gold bars you would have to play  200 hours!

Edited by screemingEagle

djb204
1 hour ago, Chrismads said:

I got a life and a job. I'm rank 32. And am still convinced that you must be a massive loser to PTW

LOL What are you talking about? What is anybody who purchases gold bars actually winning? Seriously? 

fejkb

I can see myself buying that one time deal, but only if I reach 60lvl before earning 25 gold since now. Otherwise at this moment I wouldn’t spend it on some crucial thing. I could customize my guns, but I can do that in parts and for free.

Scuba 21

Pardon me if I already missed but did they do another free gold giveaway again?

Had 2 and change when logging off last night but just hopped on and over 17 now.

DLKnives

Yes you get 15 free bars again, plus they have 25 for $5.

afriendlyreddot

Can I use my free gold to buy a private free-aim lobby? No??

gfys R*

Chrismads
1 hour ago, djb204 said:

LOL What are you talking about? What is anybody who purchases gold bars actually winning? Seriously? 

Better horses = better odds in races and stranger missions.

RayD70
Just now, Chrismads said:

They're still level locked as are saddles.

Not that I'm a huge advocate for the current version of gold bars, mind.

Jason

Every horse breed can be bought with in-game cash, the gold only Black Arabian does have better health and stamina cores than the cash only White (this should be fixed) but the Fox Trotter and Turkoman's are objectively better in both race and combat scenarios and they can both be bought with in-game cash.

There's a whiff of pay to win in regards to buying guns (tho it'd be a huge waste of gold bars as they aint that expensive) and the Black Arabian but beyond that the game has zero pay to win. The biggest game changers are ability cards and they are cash only.

Chrismads
1 minute ago, Jason said:

Every horse breed can be bought with in-game cash, the gold only Black Arabian does have better health and stamina cores than the cash only White (this should be fixed) but the Fox Trotter and Turkoman's are objectively better in both race and combat scenarios and they can both be bought with in-game cash.

There's a whiff of pay to win in regards to buying guns (tho it'd be a huge waste of gold bars as they aint that expensive) and the Black Arabian but beyond that the game has zero pay to win. The biggest game changers are ability cards and they are cash only.

Isnt the gold turkoman gold bars? Either way everything can be bought with gold right? Problem for me is that some kid who cant even earn $1000 still has a possibility to get top tier stuff. For me that is pay to win.

gtmike

Just remember, even though the prices look decent, that the latest GTA DLC costs about 3k real money worth of shark cards to buy everything.

DLKnives

I haven't looked at weapons yet but horses are all level locked to me at level 18. Doesn't matter how much gold I have. The next ones I can buy are at level 21 - I don't have the UE.

Jason

Isnt the gold turkoman gold bars? Either way everything can be bought with gold right? Problem for me is that some kid who cant even earn $1000 still has a possibility to get top tier stuff. For me that is pay to win.

Yes but all the Turkomans health/stam stats are identical, out of the top tier horses only the Black Arabian has better stats than the other coats in its breed. Horses are also split between cash only and gold only, you can't buy the other Dark Bay or Silver Turkomans with gold for example. Horses are also level locked, you can't buy them early.

Like I said, there's a whiff of pay to win but it's not a balance issue. GTAO is pay to win, but RDO isn't.

Chrismads
Just now, DLKnives said:

I haven't looked at weapons yet but horses are all level locked to me at level 18. Doesn't matter how much gold I have. The next ones I can buy are at level 21 - I don't have the UE.

Weapons isn't. Can be bought with gold before the required level is reached. Pay to win

Pocket Fox
1 minute ago, DLKnives said:

And you only get semi-descent horses at 36. Then again at 58.

coach_wargo
4 hours ago, RedDagger said:

I know they won't say, but I'm really curious as to how much money they'll make off of microtransactions in the first 24 hours of them being live - the state of the game vs GTAO has lots of people saying that there isn't really much to use them on right now, so you have to wonder how alluring they are even with something that's comparatively barebones.

I don't think they care about the first 24 hours,  they wanted this live in time for Christmas. 

Jason
2 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

Weapons isn't. Can be bought with gold before the required level is reached. Pay to win

I don't entirely disagree with you but in the grand scheme of balancing it isn't really an issue right now. I mean, the best weapon in the game for PvP costs like 70 dollars. Buying ability cards with gold bars would be the pay to win thing but you can't do that so, it's not really pay to win.

Chrismads
4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yes but all the Turkomans health/stam stats are identical, out of the top tier horses only the Black Arabian has better stats than the other coats in its breed. Horses are also split between cash only and gold only, you can't buy the other Dark Bay or Silver Turkomans with gold for example. Horses are also level locked, you can't buy them early.

Like I said, there's a whiff of pay to win but it's not a balance issue. GTAO is pay to win, but RDO isn't.

Wait.. you can't buy $$$ horses with gold? Are you sure? Pretty sure you can. 

Jason

Wait.. you can't buy $$$ horses with gold? Are you sure? Pretty sure you can. 

Very sure. There's no option. Also again, they're level locked. Level 10's aint gonna be rocking Turkomans and Arabians.

Chrismads
1 minute ago, Jason said:

in the grand scheme of balancing it isn't really an issue right now. I mean, the best weapon in the game for PvP costs like 70 dollars.

True.

Thats another major problem with the game imo. Cheap toy gun making all the lever action obsolete

areyouchappin

I'm not giving R* another dollar for this game. I refuse to contribute to Pay2Win games.