4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
White Shark

Vehicles with scoops / rams

White Shark

Apparently some of the old vehicles that have scoops or rams on the font have been patched to have more ramming and scooping power for those extra big portions of ice-cream.

I heard the Ramp Buggy and the Phantom Wedge have been made invulnerable to scooping, but I want to know of any other vehicles have been given a boost when it comes to ramming.

For example, the RCV? Any others like the Karin Technical? 

Cheers in advance.

Aghakhi

The Speedo Custom continues to be absolute crap as far as I'm aware. But what you said about the Phantom is interesting, I'll test that myself later

viewbob

yeah it actually makes you wanna but the phantom or ramp buggy now

the J is for Julia

I took the freeway around half the map going against traffic in the Phantom Wedge. No noticeable damage. We must have hit 200 cars. We pulled into Ft Zancudo and plowed though parked Lazers and a variety of other vehicles and troops. Even tagged a taxiing Lazer. The Wedge only took damage from splash damage from exploding vehices and/or gun fire.

My friend bought the buggy. They plowed through an army of Los Santos’s finest and sent my Kanjali sailing several times. No noticeable damage.

Enjoy.

Voodoo-Hendrix

What about the Tehnical Custom?

White Shark

Right, so I did some testing with my RCV, and the ram on it has definitely been improved.  It was always kinda effective against police vehicles, but I've noticed a significant difference against all traffic now.  I was ramming away, and pushing cars out the way with relative ease without losing much speed.  It's much better than it was.  

Aghakhi

Rockstar went the extra mile and actually made the Phantom Wedge and Ramp Buggy immune to collision damage it seems, you can cross the entire map through the highway hitting every vehicle on the oncoming lane without a sign of damage!

They are quite a bit dumb now in my opinion but considering their price it's not a bad thing, and it was about time already. They could however have given us the mission version of the Ramp Buggy alongside this buff, that watered-down version they let us buy is a turn-off for me :p

7 hours ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

What about the Tehnical Custom?

I'm afraid it is the same as the Speedo Custom, where the supposed buff is insufficient, but that is just speculation based on the fact that they lack the sheer weight of vehicles like the Phantom Wedge or the RCV. What I'm sure about is that the Speedo Custom was quite a disappointment for me, still lacks ramming power with the wedge and can still be halted to a dead stop easily by hitting regular cars on the road.

Edited by Aghakhi

Fatsanchez

Yeah the Speedo Custom remains (almost?) the same in my experience. 

will definitely try the Phantom later tho. Finally a reason to take it for a spin. Thats great news!

White Shark
9 hours ago, Fatsanchez said:

Yeah the Speedo Custom remains (almost?) the same in my experience. 

will definitely try the Phantom later tho. Finally a reason to take it for a spin. Thats great news!

I was speeding around in the Ramp Buggy and holy hell was it fun! I was leaving a trail of utter chaos without taking any damage! Police cars couldn't touch me lol.

DrEeveell

On the arena cars with scoops, does the size make any difference? I don't want to spend 250K and find out the reinforced scoop doesn't do squat.

Foreverpast
3 hours ago, DrEeveell said:

On the arena cars with scoops, does the size make any difference? I don't want to spend 250K and find out the reinforced scoop doesn't do squat.

I honestly haven't noticed much of a difference when it just comes to the sizes.

However those "Mega"/automatic bladed rams on the front that are available for only certain vehicles, those are better used at slower speeds.

So unless it's a spinning system or electrified, at least to me all the normal ones regardless of size perform similar.

Gridl0k

FYI none of the Nightclub delivery vehicles seemed to be buffed in my brief testing.

RyuNova

Souped up MOC cab > Phantom Wedge.

Gridl0k

Oh and the bunker sale Phantom Wedge doesn't seem to smoke any more either, although I could have done with hitting a few more cars to be sure.

the J is for Julia

Nvm. Got that backwards. It’s been a long morning.

Edited by the J is for Julia

Gridl0k

The RCV seems no different tbh. So still looking for what they buffed..

White Shark
7 minutes ago, Gridl0k said:

I noticed a big difference.  I've used the RCV extensively before Arena Wars, so could instantly tell it was better.  Sure, no where near as powerful as it should be, but it was an improvement of what it used to be.

the J is for Julia

Do you remember the last time you used a Wedge for Headhunter?

hei3enberg
19 hours ago, Gridl0k said:

Only seen the Rump buggie buffed, anything else feels the same.

Numot15
On 12/18/2018 at 11:27 AM, hei3enberg said:

Only seen the Rump buggie buffed, anything else feels the same.

Not sure what game your playing if the Phantom wedge, the OG ram, feels the same to you. Did you not notice you don't die? Yes it rams the same as it always did but it no longer takes damage ramming, it used to be 20 rams and done, now it's an unstoppable juggernaut like it always should have been

Gridl0k

The RB and PW are the obvious ones, yeah. Curse you rockstar for not being specific. Who are you helping?

White Shark

Just confirmed the wedge on the Armoured Boxville have been improved significantly.  Was able to flip and shove vehicles out of the way with ease.  Vehicle seems quicker as well but I must admit I didn't use it much before.

Foreverpast

I've played Fortified over 800 times, & even used the AB often back when it first came out & you could use the glitch that allowed it to be used in contact missions (as a temp pv, not a spv).

The AB in at least those regards has always had extraordinary speed & ramming against average size vehicles, if there is an adjustment to it's ramming potential, I haven't really noticed.

Having used the RCV in 50 missions or so a week since it's release, I can tell a minor buff to it has been applied with the AW update.

However as others have said, it's not a good enough perk up to it's ramming power.

In reality it needs the same ramming power as an AW Bruiser that's equipped with a large ram.

Edited by Foreverpast

White Shark
11 hours ago, Foreverpast said:

Having used the RCV in 50 missions or so a week since it's release, I can tell a minor buff to it has been applied with the AW update.

However as others have said, it's not a good enough perk up to it's ramming power.

In reality it needs the same ramming power as an AW Bruiser that's equipped with a large ram.

Yeah, for the price of the RCV, it definitely needs some more pluses.  Windows on it should be completely bullet proof for one, and two, the little slots in the door should allow all occupants to fire out of them.  They're clearly gun hatches that for some inexplicable reason do not function.  It's just silly.

Is it a definite from those that use them that the Speedo, Mule and Pounder Custom's wedges / scoops still do nothing at all?  Not even a little improvement?  I remember using it on the Speedo before downgrading the armour to remove the wedge that all it did was constantly spin me out.  If it at least no longer spun me out I'd be happier to go back to it.

lost-in-emotions

could it be, that the SHOCKER RAM (on the sasquatch) makes less damage as the big ram (last one in mod list)?

i just played "here come the monsters" and shoveld a issi with that over the floor, it loss really slow some armor?!

White Shark
On 1/2/2019 at 10:01 PM, lost-in-emotions said:

could it be, that the SHOCKER RAM (on the sasquatch) makes less damage as the big ram (last one in mod list)?

i just played "here come the monsters" and shoveld a issi with that over the floor, it loss really slow some armor?!

When doing this mode, you do not want any scoop, ram or anything on the front of the vehicle. Just have it bare as it is the wheels which do the most damage and insta-destroy the Issis. 

And yeah, put the wedge back on the Speedo Custom and it does NOTHING. 

lost-in-emotions

ok, so the shocker ram is barely useless?! -_-

White Shark
11 minutes ago, lost-in-emotions said:

ok, so the shocker ram is barely useless?! -_-

It is for Arena Wars. However out in freemode it's hilarious and has a huge ram ability as standard. I like zapping NPC gangs.