3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Qbert

Wild West of belly flops

Qbert

Can we just remove this altogether? That's all your PvP is (free roam to) anymore just a bunch of people belly flopping around looks like a damn circus out there, a bad one at that. A dude belly flops right in front of you and for some reason it just confuses the hell out your character like they have no clue what just happened, I mean how can a belly flop break a lock? In wanted a dude came up behind me I saw his dot on the radar did this amazing 2ft belly flop that left his character just in shambles allowing me to kill him, happens to me all the time. 

Bakkerbaard

I really need the name of your dealer...

Poggy

The flop-spammers are funny to watch though :)  It's like they're having a seizure.

Next-Gen Vercettis
39 minutes ago, Poggy said:

The flop-spammers.. 

Great band. Just wait until you see them live.. 

Cratoz

Not sure if I observed it right but if someone does it, it will break your lock on and while the opponent still gets up he can already lock on and prepare his shot before you.  I could be wrong though. It is certainly easier to line up a headshot on a standing player than someone getting up.

The logical thing would to do it aswell right after your opponent like you combat roll second in GTAO but that would turn the whole game into gunslingers throwing themselves in the dirt in front of their enemy to have the advantage... yeah no, that's not how it should be.

Even if I'm wrong about the lock on, still don't like that feature, it's justt the equivalent to the combat roll..

Virus..

It just amuses me because i hear people get in arguments about having skill then i see them using this and i just laugh at them. I try to not use it much, i can tolerate if people do it once and see that they are accurate with killing me right after. The spammers, i wip out the shotty or use deadeye.

Edited by Virus..

Gallows

The whole deal with lock on is the problem. You wouldn’t see people belly flop in a freeaim lobby unless it was to get behind cover. The dive is fine, the aiming mechanics are not.

Qbert
16 hours ago, Bakkerbaard said:

I really need the name of your dealer...

God is my dealer. Yeah it's funny watching these people flop around like some kind of manfish, but it gets old after awhile

Jason

It's the counter to the lock-on system pretty much, so it's needed. It's basically an essential mechanic if you're in a 1v2 or something like that. The the people who spam it do always look a bit daft tho.

Ektope

The first time I did "belly flop". It was 1 vs 4 wolves with knife 😎

YouDied

remove auto lock aiming and put some kind of bounty no pker would solve most of the problem, like if anyone kill someone in free roam it should announce to the whole server. then that person get 3min or so to escape, anyone who wants to hunt that person down can. and if he dies he also lose some money as well something like that, i think this should reduce the random killing in free roam.

areyouchappin

All I have to say is if a player diving around is bothering you than you are depending on auto-aim too much.

Auto-aim the enemy, when the enemy dives, move your reticle to where they land on the ground and then shoot or fight fire with fire and as soon as they dive, you dive.

saintsrow
57 minutes ago, areyouchappin said:

All I have to say is if a player diving around is bothering you than you are depending on auto-aim too much.

Auto-aim the enemy, when the enemy dives, move your reticle to where they land on the ground and then shoot or fight fire with fire and as soon as they dive, you dive.

I'm gonna have a good laugh at the inevitable youtube video of the Battle of the Belly Floppers.  😕

Bakkerbaard
5 hours ago, Qbert said:

God is my dealer. Yeah it's funny watching these people flop around like some kind of manfish, but it gets old after awhile

It's just that I've never seen a belly flop.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

It's the counter to the lock-on system pretty much, so it's needed. It's basically an essential mechanic if you're in a 1v2 or something like that. The the people who spam it do always look a bit daft tho.

Oh, that belly flop.

I always forget to do that. And when I don't, they get me when I'm face down in the mud.

fejkb

I use it to jump back behind cover and it works good (until some lagging dude kills me through wall)

Bakkerbaard
19 hours ago, Next-Gen Vercettis said:

Great band. Just wait until you see them live.. 

Sounds like a CCR rip off band.

Qbert
3 hours ago, Bakkerbaard said:

Sounds like a CCR rip off band.

Most bands today have "seen and copied " the rain.

Bakkerbaard
6 hours ago, Qbert said:

Most bands today have "seen and copied " the rain.

You mean "Have You ever Seen The Rain"? It's a good one, so why not.

Either way, I'm not against copy/pasting, I liked Wolfmother, for instance. I fail to see why more "classic" rock would be a problem anyway.

Eh, every note's been played by now.

Hey look, it's the original topic way off in the distance. Let's wave at it. ;o)

Qbert

Ice ice baby

Fatsanchez
On 12/14/2018 at 7:25 PM, Qbert said:

Yeah thank god for weed. It just grows.

KCxMM2qp_400x400.jpg

OT tho, I also think the problem isnt the belly flop, but the auto lock. This is so much obvious to me that I really can’t fully understand this complaint. Maybe you should try the free-aim lobbies in GTA to get an idea.

Qbert

I don't smoke weed dims the mind, also the lock ain't the problem.  If you can't understand that you ain't looking hard enough 

Fatsanchez

If you don't smoke how can you know it "dims" the mind?

If anything it's exactly the opposite. Thats just a really common misconception by those guided by a false set of morals. But I digress.

Yeah probably I am the problem, yes. It's not you whining, no, of course. It's always the other dudes that are wrong.

In time, have you even played in free-aim?

Edited by Fatsanchez

Qbert
2 minutes ago, Fatsanchez said:

If you don't smoke how can you know it "dims" the mind?

If anything it's exactly the opposite. Thats just a totally common mistake by those guided by a false set of morals. But I digress.

Yeah probably I am the problem, yes. It's not you whining, no, of course. It's always the other dudes that are wrong.

In time, have you even played in free-aim?

What kind of morals do you have to have to understand the long term effects of a mild hallucinogenic substance in the brain? That's not morals that's called education, but try to stay on topic please. I believe free aim is what like gtas equivalent of elitism or something? Roll plus cronus bad Google you must 

Fatsanchez
6 minutes ago, Qbert said:

What kind of morals do you have to have to understand the long term effects of a mild hallucinogenic substance in the brain? That's not morals that's called education, but try to stay on topic please. I believe free aim is what like gtas equivalent of elitism or something? Roll plus cronus bad Google you must 

Do we fully understand the effects of all the drugs we take on daily basis for all kinds of effects? It's much the same. Mentioning weed without mentioning other very much harmful drugs that people are taking all around you (like alcohol) just makes you a hypocrate IMO (no offense intended). Plus no one ever died from smoking weed. The morals I talk about is demonizing some thing without even fully comprehending it's effects on our body, much like you have done. You were the one that said it "dims" the mind, I merely did a joke.

About free aim, there is just nothing about elitism dude. I have to assume you have never played in free aim so you are the one who aren't "trying hard enough" to comprehend a opinion thats different than yours.

I believe it is pretty obvious: with auto-aim it just takes the touch of a button to get a semi-headshot. How can you think that's OK but not a deterrent to that?

Thats why I mentioned free-aim. It just has nothing to do with "elitism", but with gameplay. In free-aim there is simply no need to belly-flop all the time because people aren't automatically getting headshots all the time. How you could see "elitism" in this is beyond me.

Edited by Fatsanchez

fejkb

Hey, how did this thread turn into "Weed vs other drugs"? I was thinking about these belly flops and maybe adding a slight delay to autolock after doing belly flop would help? So people abusing it couldn't lock, before aiming person relocks?

Chrismads
3 hours ago, fejkb said:

Hey, how did this thread turn into "Weed vs other drugs"? I was thinking about these belly flops and maybe adding a slight delay to autolock after doing belly flop would help? So people abusing it couldn't lock, before aiming person relocks?

Belly flops ain't all that. You can already lock onto the worm before he stands up and ready to shoot. Unfortunately I got the gtao reflex still, even though i havn't played since ps4 came out.  In gta, if someone rolled, you rolled. Otherwise you'd die when he got up. Its opposite in rdr2, its just most ppl dont know that

Magick
4 hours ago, Chrismads said:

Belly flops ain't all that. You can already lock onto the worm before he stands up and ready to shoot.

Exactly. If you're using AA, you can lock onto them before they're back on their feet. I wish more people would belly flop in gunfights. Even if you're free aiming. they're basically in the fetal position begging to get shot. f*ck 'em

Qbert

Yeah I never really played gta online but maybe briefly. My main problem with this flop thing I was having was something I mentioned like 1 day after beta where I would see people do a roll/flop and like somehow cancel the animation halfway through pop up and shoot. I still see people doing it but its whatever I come to realize it's p2p so what do I expect. Like mentioned above that roll when they roll works for the most part until they do what I mentioned 

dognuts

The dive fits the time era and ruggedness of the gunfights better than combat rolls from previous Rockstar Games. I much prefer it. It should probably drain more stamina, though.

Fugitive21

I can live with the belly floppers. I cant stand the bunny hopping shooters. The moment those are in game I quit.

Just thank god they cant shoot while belly flopping AKA Call of duty crap.