1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Runnin_Gag

Xbox One X Performance horrible all of a sudden

O.Z
On 12/21/2018 at 1:39 PM, Smokewood said:

sux that you had to do that... hopes it works out.

I'm having far less lagginess recently, so I think it worked

SeniorDerp
On 12/21/2018 at 6:43 AM, O.Z said:

I did a full reset of my console, meaning if you go to the Reset your console option and choose: reset but keep apps and games. 

It it takes about 25 mins to set everything up again. However since then the performance seems better to me, it might be a placebo effect but I think it’s better than it was. 

:)

I’ve been buzzing around RDO the past couple days but I’ll check and see how mine is. I know that there are no lagging issues in RDO when dropping a body though. Also, I’ve felt like for a while that getting onto my horse has felt a bit slowed down, the whole leg throw just seems drawn out 

Cutter De Blanc

Ugh, just crashed into some guy on a horse in the middle of Valentine and when I got back up and turned around the game had already despawned them. 

Birdy22

I also play on the X and annoys me since the online patch so much.
1. Constantly fog or this blue haze that looks like in Beijing at Smok alarm.
2. Colors look paler. The brilliance is gone.
The same crap as with GTA5
Unfortunately, my box automatically loaded the update, otherwise I would never have installed it.

O.Z
12 hours ago, Birdy22 said:

I also play on the X and annoys me since the online patch so much.
1. Constantly fog or this blue haze that looks like in Beijing at Smok alarm.
2. Colors look paler. The brilliance is gone.
The same crap as with GTA5
Unfortunately, my box automatically loaded the update, otherwise I would never have installed it.

Agreed, I think the vanilla game(with day 1 patch) looked so good. The latest patch 1.05 has been quite bad, with slowdowns etc

ShadyCreeksKiller

If R* really sabotaged story mode as described in this thread, that is pitiful.

Runnin_Gag

Egh, I doubt they sabotaged anything. I reinstalled the game and just did a short test run, which felt a bit smoother. Still experienced some slowdowns though. I'll do a console reset as well. But since my 1X is getting quite loud while playing the game, I still think that the console is at fault. Will be sent in in the new year.

SeniorDerp

Over the last couple days I’ve no longer had lag issues. The only thing I’ve noticed was a for short time while on horseback if I manually holstered a rifle, it would not automatically appear on Arthur if I dismounted the horse even if it was showing in the weapon wheel like it had been doing since the patch. After a couple minutes of figuring out just what was happening it began to work normal again, automatically equipping me on dismount with whichever arm/back guns were holstered on the horse and shown selected in my weapon wheel. 

O.Z
2 hours ago, Runnin_Gag said:

Egh, I doubt they sabotaged anything. I reinstalled the game and just did a short test run, which felt a bit smoother. Still experienced some slowdowns though. I'll do a console reset as well. But since my 1X is getting quite loud while playing the game, I still think that the console is at fault. Will be sent in in the new year.

Mine is getting loud as well now and again, I think it happens to all of us with Xbox One X. I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with your console at all...

Runnin_Gag
1 minute ago, O.Z said:

Mine is getting loud as well now and again, I think it happens to all of us with Xbox One X. I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with your console at all...

The console is supposed to be barely audible while playing the game. That is not the case with mine.

SeniorDerp
6 minutes ago, Runnin_Gag said:

The console is supposed to be barely audible while playing the game. That is not the case with mine.

Mine is silent. Only 4 months old though 

O.Z
26 minutes ago, Runnin_Gag said:

Please record and upload 

O.Z

This is how loud my console gets when playing RDR2. It doesn't come across that loud on a video, but it is noticeable

Runnin_Gag

I'll record mine the next time I play. You have a newer model anyway, afaik only the oldest One X consoles are known for their heat issues.

SeniorDerp

Is that the Fallout76 Edition one? Maybe they revised something in them, bigger fan? Better ventilation?

Edit: All I can find is when playing “X enhanced” games the fan will tend to come on more. I’ve yet to hear mine though

Edited by SeniorDerp

asapas

Put me on the list too! I have the latest 1.05 patch. TERRIBLE FRAME DROPS

Especially in the stores (such as general store in Valentine), or the hotel. When you enter the game seems to take its time, by dropping the frames, becomes better
i think from time to time, but nowhere near 60 fps. 
Frame drops
Also, when you get to carry an animal corpse, frames drop all of a sudden when you look around. 
Also, when you have an event happening on the street in which many people are involved, frames drop.
And as many mentioned, i put down a deer in slow motion!!! It was like a replay! AWFUL!!!

And i am asking....is Rockstar aware of all these????

1 minute ago, asapas said:

Especially in the stores (such as general store in Valentine), or the hotel. When you enter the game seems to take its time, by dropping the frames, becomes better
Frame drops
Also, when you get to carry an animal corpse, frames drop all of a sudden when you look around. 
Also, when you have an event happening on the street in which many people are involved, frames drop.
And as many mentioned, i put down a deer in slow motion!!! It was like a replay! AWFUL!!!

I have Xbox one X the 'golden' one which came with Battlefield V, and i bought it the last month! 
They SHOULD patch it ASAP

O.Z
2 hours ago, asapas said:

Frame drops

I have Xbox one X the 'golden' one which came with Battlefield V, and i bought it the last month! 
They SHOULD patch it ASAP

It's never been 60fps, you mean 30fps, as it's capped at 30fps, meaning it won't go over 30fps in any circumstance. 

But yes, it's should be improved in the next patch, whenever that comes.

4 hours ago, SeniorDerp said:

Is that the Fallout76 Edition one? Maybe they revised something in them, bigger fan? Better ventilation?

Edit: All I can find is when playing “X enhanced” games the fan will tend to come on more. I’ve yet to hear mine though

Nah, it's just a special edition.

Runnin_Gag
5 hours ago, SeniorDerp said:

There were issues during the manufacturing process of the first Xbox One X consoles, something about the thermal paste I think. Apparently that is why many of them overheat. They fixed the manufacturing with the newer ones. So basically they didnt improve the console itself, they just dont make as many mistakes anymore while building them.

asapas

If anyone learns anything about a new upcoming patch, or an announcement from Rockstar stating this frame drop matter, please post it so we know
Thank you in advance

DEALUX

Frame rate drops are rare but they do happen. Fire particles seem to trigger them as well as water effects for some reason. Most of the time it's pretty much rock solid.

asapas
6 hours ago, Dealux said:

Frame rate drops are rare but they do happen. Fire particles seem to trigger them as well as water effects for some reason. Most of the time it's pretty much rock solid.

Wouldn't say that. There are terrible drops in many cases, as I stated above, and as the other people say. Unfortunately, to be able to have fun in single player they have to patch it somehow

O.Z
3 hours ago, asapas said:

Wouldn't say that. There are terrible drops in many cases, as I stated above, and as the other people say. Unfortunately, to be able to have fun in single player they have to patch it somehow

The game is still easily playable, yes there are way more frame drops than the vanilla version(with day 1 patch), but there's nothing we can do about it, and it doesn't ruin the fun or make you not want to play the game, not in my case anyways

asapas
1 hour ago, O.Z said:

The game is still easily playable, yes there are way more frame drops than the vanilla version(with day 1 patch), but there's nothing we can do about it, and it doesn't ruin the fun or make you not want to play the game, not in my case anyways

Yes but it's irritating when you enter a store, or when you have a corpse and walk or all out of a sudden that the game drops frames here and there. It's not unplayable of course, but in games of such magnitude and value, one expects the best (if not the perfect). Let's hope that they will improve this frame issue in the upcoming patches

O.Z
48 minutes ago, asapas said:

Yes but it's irritating when you enter a store, or when you have a corpse and walk or all out of a sudden that the game drops frames here and there. It's not unplayable of course, but in games of such magnitude and value, one expects the best (if not the perfect). Let's hope that they will improve this frame issue in the upcoming patches

Yes it is annoying... I spent £410 just to play RDR2 on Xbox One X and at first I was amazed by the quality and the smoothness of the game, coming from the base PS4 version, I was blown away. Unfortunately, it all started to go downhill from the patch 1.04 regarding the performance... 1.05 made it even worse.

asapas
36 minutes ago, O.Z said:

Yes it is annoying... I spent £410 just to play RDR2 on Xbox One X and at first I was amazed by the quality and the smoothness of the game, coming from the base PS4 version, I was blown away. Unfortunately, it all started to go downhill from the patch 1.04 regarding the performance... 1.05 made it even worse.

Exactly this!! It HAS to reach Rockstar somehow, even if they already know this. They should fix the single player with patches, not mess with it as in GTA V....Hope we won't see the same thing again

Runnin_Gag
1 hour ago, O.Z said:

Yes it is annoying... I spent £410 just to play RDR2 on Xbox One X and at first I was amazed by the quality and the smoothness of the game,

Same here, and for me the game IS unplayable now. So consider yourselves lucky guys. It sounds annoying for sure, but you can still have fun with the game! What about a couple of weeks in the wilderness? No stores there. And once Rockstar fixes your issues-> Back to "ugh..civilization..."