4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Runnin_Gag

Xbox One X Performance horrible all of a sudden

SeniorDerp

I notice one massive frame rate drop the other day during when you go in the rob the guy inside Valentine Hotel. I picked the guy up and tried to throw him into the bed and whenever I hit “drop” it was like watching it in slow motion. It felt like 15fps at best, aside from the only thing I noticed from the updates were crazy arm animations when putting things in my satchel or pulling a gun from my horse inventory  

Runnin_Gag
9 hours ago, O.Z said:

Finished the story a long time ago, I have played longer [...] now. Sometimes when my son wants to replay a mission, it feels weird[...].

Come on man, can you use Spoiler Tags or something? Im only in Chapter 4.

Apart from that: Did you check the audio settings like I did?

Edited by Runnin_Gag

Cutter De Blanc
4 hours ago, SeniorDerp said:

I notice one massive frame rate drop the other day during when you go in the rob the guy inside Valentine Hotel. I picked the guy up and tried to throw him into the bed and whenever I hit “drop” it was like watching it in slow motion. It felt like 15fps at best, aside from the only thing I noticed from the updates were crazy arm animations when putting things in my satchel or pulling a gun from my horse inventory  

Yeah, lots of slowdown when I try to drop a body as well

O.Z
20 minutes ago, Runnin_Gag said:

Come on man, can you use Spoiler Tags or something? Im only in Chapter 4.

Apart from that: Did you check the audio settings like I did?

Sorry, yeah I did, but that audio settings surely has got nothing to do with frame rate, because I don’t even use the headsets, that’s what Windows audio sonic is for

7 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Yes, same here. 

Edited by O.Z

Darealbandicoot
6 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Same except on base PS4. Out of synch audio during cutscenes and missions. For example I could fire a gun and the sound plays a second later. 

Cutter De Blanc
Just now, Darealbandicoot said:

Same except on base PS4. Out of synch audio during cutscenes and missions. For example I could fire a gun and the sound plays a second later. 

Forgot to mention I'm also on PS4, so it's not console specific,  it's their patch

O.Z
10 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Forgot to mention I'm also on PS4, so it's not console specific,  it's their patch

Definitely, many people on reddit have the same issue, the patch 1.05 has ruined the game pretty much...

YoungMarston

I've been playing again and it seems to be working fine now. Not sure what made it change tho.

Runnin_Gag
27 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Are you using SPDIF to get audio? If so: Are you using the Game Mode settings on your TV?

Darealbandicoot
22 minutes ago, Runnin_Gag said:

Are you using SPDIF to get audio? If so: Are you using the Game Mode settings on your TV?

I have no idea what that is lol. All I know is that the game never did this before the patch. 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

3Prcntr
On 12/15/2018 at 12:49 AM, Halal Cyborg said:

@3Prcntr I am assuming you’re a bitter PC player or someone that can’t afford an Xbox One x or PS4 Pro?

Can't afford? C'mon man... you have to budget parts to build a PC and the PS4 Pro/Xbox One X are a single parts worth of that.

I just never RE-invested in the SAME console.

Edited by 3Prcntr

Runnin_Gag

Well im going to send my X1X in for a replacement or repairs. Game has become completely unplayable and since there is no way of knowing whether its the game or my console, Im going to try it this way. pretty f%cking annoying tbh.

Cutter De Blanc

You ask if other people are having the problem too, they say yes, and then you come to the conclusion that there's no way of knowing if the problem is with your console. I don't know how you drew that conclusion, it's obvious that the patch is causing problems round the board.

~INDIO~

Are these problems seriously coming after the last 2 patches? This has stopped me from getting a years worth of online play, would rather have a great single player experience that lasts.. probably won't bother with online at all after this. Thankfully I don't have the last 2 patches downloaded.

They really need to look at the weather changes and time. It's ridiculous. Rain stops instantly and then start again.. Wtf. If they cba letting us lose the 2nd holster, at least change this.

Edited by ~INDIO~
Herbert mooon

Runnin_Gag
2 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

You ask if other people are having the problem too, they say yes, and then you come to the conclusion that there's no way of knowing if the problem is with your console. I don't know how you drew that conclusion, it's obvious that the patch is causing problems round the board.

There were two others who are experiencing performance issues in this topic thus, with at least as many saying that their performance is still fine. It doesn't seem to be a thing that affects many people, hence the chances of a fix for this are slim. More likely than a faulty patch is that we three, who are experiencing problems, all have an issue with our console (i assume overheating due to dust collection).

1 hour ago, ~INDIO~ said:

Are these problems seriously coming after the last 2 patches? This has stopped me from getting a years worth of online play, would rather have a great single player experience that lasts.. probably won't bother with online at all after this. Thankfully I don't have the last 2 patches downloaded.

They really need to look at the weather changes and time. It's ridiculous. Rain stops instantly and then start again.. Wtf. If they cba letting us lose the 2nd holster, at least change this.

Afaik they fixed the weather changes in one of the patches. At least I didnt notice the fast changing weather anymore and it annoyed me a lot when i played the release version.

O.Z
7 hours ago, Runnin_Gag said:

There were two others who are experiencing performance issues in this topic thus, with at least as many saying that their performance is still fine. It doesn't seem to be a thing that affects many people, hence the chances of a fix for this are slim. More likely than a faulty patch is that we three, who are experiencing problems, all have an issue with our console (i assume overheating due to dust collection).

Afaik they fixed the weather changes in one of the patches. At least I didnt notice the fast changing weather anymore and it annoyed me a lot when i played the release version.

Well my One X is less than 2 months old(bought it on the 4th November), so I don't think it has any problems with dust collection etc...  the latest patch is the reason, I'm sure of it

Halal Cyborg

Who else except for me and Smokewood are having no issues with the game on the one x?

Edited by Halal Cyborg

Runnin_Gag
5 hours ago, O.Z said:

Well my One X is less than 2 months old(bought it on the 4th November), so I don't think it has any problems with dust collection etc...  the latest patch is the reason, I'm sure of it

Hm all right. Any other reason to suspect heat issues with your console?

28 minutes ago, Halal Cyborg said:

Who else except for me and Smokewood are having no issues with the game on the one x?

That will be the vast majority of players. Thus far only very few people mentioned performance issues with the game.

O.Z
4 hours ago, Runnin_Gag said:

Hm all right. Any other reason to suspect heat issues with your console?

Hm... I wouldn't think so, how would I even know if there is a problem with the heat? I haven't had any errors or sudden shutdown etc or anything like it. So what you are saying is, if the console is overheating then the CPU will throttle, therefor the performance will suffer. The performance is laggy from the moment I start up the game, when the console is as cold as a turkey. 

I don't know to be honest... I still think the latest patch is the issue

Runnin_Gag
4 hours ago, O.Z said:

Hm... I wouldn't think so, how would I even know if there is a problem with the heat? I haven't had any errors or sudden shutdown etc or anything like it. So what you are saying is, if the console is overheating then the CPU will throttle, therefor the performance will suffer. The performance is laggy from the moment I start up the game, when the console is as cold as a turkey. 

I don't know to be honest... I still think the latest patch is the issue

We might be experiencing different issues then, Im not entirely sure. It seems to me that my game gets worse the longer I play. That observation might be the result of coincidences however. Have you tried the game without any patches? If that is even possible on the Xbox.

O.Z
7 hours ago, Runnin_Gag said:

We might be experiencing different issues then, Im not entirely sure. It seems to me that my game gets worse the longer I play. That observation might be the result of coincidences however. Have you tried the game without any patches? If that is even possible on the Xbox.

It’s not possible, I tried it, the game won’t load offline without the day 1 patch. And of course you can’t choose which update to install, therefor your only option is to patch it with the latest one, so you are back to square one. 

Darealbandicoot
5 hours ago, O.Z said:

It’s not possible, I tried it, the game won’t load offline without the day 1 patch. And of course you can’t choose which update to install, therefor your only option is to patch it with the latest one, so you are back to square one. 

You can't play with just the disc and no patches on Xbox? That sucks 

Runnin_Gag
5 hours ago, O.Z said:

Damn, it seems that it is out of our hands then.

O.Z
28 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

You can't play with just the disc and no patches on Xbox? That sucks 

No, it requires a patch, the game won’t load without it... :(

Unfortunately you are forced to update it with the latest 1.05 patch. What a load of sh*te!

PS: If anyone knows a trick around it, I am all ears. 

Edited by O.Z

O.Z
On 12/15/2018 at 11:00 PM, Runnin_Gag said:

Well im going to send my X1X in for a replacement or repairs. Game has become completely unplayable and since there is no way of knowing whether its the game or my console, Im going to try it this way. pretty f%cking annoying tbh.

The game has been pretty much unplayable tonight, now even the sound is going out of sync... I'm starting to think if my console is f***ed up? Tried other games, and all are running fine, apart from the RDR2 :(

I'm currently reinstalling it again

Darealbandicoot
24 minutes ago, O.Z said:

The game has been pretty much unplayable tonight, now even the sound is going out of sync... I'm starting to think if my console is f***ed up? Tried other games, and all are running fine, apart from the RDR2 :(

I'm currently reinstalling it again

Same here except on PS4. I have it recorded on my PS4 where the audio is clearly out of synch with gameplay. It's not your console, it's the patch 

O.Z
42 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Same here except on PS4. I have it recorded on my PS4 where the audio is clearly out of synch with gameplay. It's not your console, it's the patch 

Have you uploaded the video? Is there anyway to see it?

Darealbandicoot
35 minutes ago, O.Z said:

Have you uploaded the video? Is there anyway to see it?

I'll upload and post a link 

Darealbandicoot

PS4 gameplay 

O.Z
11 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

PS4 gameplay 

Wow, that is pretty bad, way worse than mine, it's totally unacceptable... have you reported it?