1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

isaacster50

Why has their never been a biggie song in GTA?

isaacster50

Pretty self explanatory title, I’m not sure if theres been one in midnight club or table tennis or any rockstar game I haven’t played, but if there is I’d like to know. Otherwise, I don’t think there has been. They’ve had Tupac, Dre, Kendrick Lamar, everything from old to new, unknown to mainstream, so I’m wondering why no biggie. The closest thing they’ve done to biggie is put the song big poppa sampled, “beneath the sheets” in vice city. Maybe it’s licensing or something? But think about it, they love classic hip hop and are based in New York, they gotta know how cool biggie would be in a game

Big_Smiley

The closest chance for a biggie song in a gta was back with IV. R* likes to add realism to their games in one way or another. The only reason why you heard artist like Dre, Pac, Too $hort , Kendric etc... was because their all west coast rappers and obviously LS a representation of LA is on the West Coast while rappers like The Notorious B.I.G are east coast. LC portrays New York so IV would have probably been the closest to feature BIG. A furture gta mabye set in Detroit during the 90's or so would make a perfect setting to feature many east coast rappers like Naz, Jay Z, and some more of Public Enemy mixed with plenty of Mobb Deep mixed with a little of underground rappers. That would a make killer soundtrack. They did it with SA's 90's gangsta rap, a Detroit setting with 90's east coast rap would be grate.  Old school rival sh*t between the East and the West. That's why that radio host on SA's playback FM is always dissing the West Coast in game while Radio Los Santos host Juilo G calls the playback FM DJ wack, lol.

TheSantader25

One of the reasons IV's soundtrack wasn't as good as the other games in the series for me. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Zello

Money maybe. Whoever's in charge of Biggie's music probably charges an arm and a leg to licence it

Femme Fatale
10 hours ago, isaacster50 said:

Between the Sheets in San Andreas.

FTFY

1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

One of the reasons IV's soundtrack wasn't as good as the other games in the series for me. 

lol

1 hour ago, KY Jello said:

Money maybe. Whoever's in charge of Biggie's music probably charges an arm and a leg to licence it

Most likely this, the same reason why The Beatles and The Rolling Stones haven't appeared on a classic rock station.

TheSantader25

I doubt R* give a f*ck about money regarding licensing music since they go all out on this matter based on the songs they licensed before. Didn't they spend 70 million just for V's music? 

isaacster50
10 hours ago, KY Jello said:

Biggies mom runs his estate maybe she doesn't like the idea of his music being in a game about shooting up people and sh*t.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/magazine-feature/7533440/notorious-big-estate-life-after-death

Lol but his music IS about shooting people up and sh*t 😂

19 hours ago, Big_Smiley said:

The closest chance for a biggie song in a gta was back with IV. R* likes to add realism to their games in one way or another. The only reason why you heard artist like Dre, Pac, Too $hort , Kendric etc... was because their all west coast rappers and obviously LS a representation of LA is on the West Coast while rappers like The Notorious B.I.G are east coast. LC portrays New York so IV would have probably been the closest to feature BIG. A furture gta mabye set in Detroit during the 90's or so would make a perfect setting to feature many east coast rappers like Naz, Jay Z, and some more of Public Enemy mixed with plenty of Mobb Deep mixed with a little of underground rappers. That would a make killer soundtrack. They did it with SA's 90's gangsta rap, a Detroit setting with 90's east coast rap would be grate.  Old school rival sh*t between the East and the West. That's why that radio host on SA's playback FM is always dissing the West Coast in game while Radio Los Santos host Juilo G calls the playback FM DJ wack, lol.

Makes sense. But look, they have east coast sh*t in San Andreas. Although I meant the whole serious. Also, a Detroit or Chicago GTA would be cool

12 hours ago, KY Jello said:

At first I agreed

11 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

I doubt R* give a f*ck about money regarding licensing music since they go all out on this matter based on the songs they licensed before. Didn't they spend 70 million just for V's music? 

But then I agreed with this guy. Probably strict licensing stuff

11 hours ago, Femme Fatale said:

FTFY

lol

Most likely this, the same reason why The Beatles and The Rolling Stones haven't appeared on a classic rock station.

Thanks for the fix, I could’ve sworn it was in vice city when I heard it. And Rockstar can afford it, they probably just are overprotective of the mueic