3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Krieg

Lasso tackle op as hell.

Krieg

So small change to lassos need to be made. You are forced into a quick time event with every other tackle but the lasso which makes no sense. Why can i fight off a knife gun or a choke but not a dude with a rope?

Poggy

Lasso trolls are annoying.  Good job they usually seem to forget that it's easy to break out and shotgun them to the head.  It seems common that trolls have the perfect mix of nastiness and stupidity, it's like some sort of gift.

Krieg

Yeah they troll alot with it but i like having the lasso so they just need to make it where we can fight back against the tackle and we should be good.

Pocket Fox
17 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Yeah they troll alot with it but i like having the lasso so they just need to make it where we can fight back against the tackle and we should be good.

You need to update your personal space.

Anyone within 50 meters gets an express rifle bullet to the brain.

Trolls can't get close enough to tackle you if they're already dead.

Spoiler

ollesafeee.jpg

Ektope
12 minutes ago, Pocket Fox said:

Hide contents

ollesafeee.jpg

I don't think you'll see a friendly wave from 50 metres away. You'd probably be on a killing spree in towns at that rate. 😂

If that's the case, someone will need a sniper rifle or scope to take you out.

38 minutes ago, Krieg said:

So small change to lassos need to be made. You are forced into a quick time event with every other tackle but the lasso which makes no sense. Why can i fight off a knife gun or a choke but not a dude with a rope?

I'm forced into struggles a lot in Name Your Weapon, but can't use lasso...

Edited by Ektope

DonnieVega
13 minutes ago, Pocket Fox said:

Reveal hidden contents

ollesafeee.jpg

And here I was thinking you were a peaceful PvE player...

Ektope
1 minute ago, DonnieVega said:

And here I was thinking you were a peaceful PvE player...

PvP. Player vs peaceful player

Happy Hunter

The lasso is fine. Just shoot me before I'm close enough to tie you up. Shotguns are helpful here.

Gallows
8 hours ago, Krieg said:

Not really. It’s the lock on which is causing the issues of instant lasso grief. In a freeaim environment the lasso is not a big problem.

IceD34ler
4 minutes ago, Gallows said:

Not really. It’s the lock on which is causing the issues of instant lasso grief. In a freeaim environment the lasso is not a big problem.

Hopefully they add free aim soon...

Gallows
22 minutes ago, IceD34ler said:

Yeah, that alone would fix so many balance issues. The Varmint rifle will not be King in a freeaim environment. It is only great because of lock on.

Edited by Gallows

afriendlyreddot

Yup a lot of this nonsense will get naturally nerfed in game when they have to rely on actually aiming to do anything. I know it doesn't mean much for getting tackled but I'm thinking people will be less inclined to grief overall when they can't guarantee their own accuracy.

Edited by afriendlyreddot

Gallows
8 minutes ago, afriendlyreddot said:

Yup a lot of this nonsense will get naturally nerfed in game when they have to rely on actually aiming to do anything. I know it doesn't mean much for getting tackled but I'm thinking people will be less inclined to grief overall when they can't guarantee their own accuracy.

Precisely. It is much easier to hit with a gun than the lasso, so trying to lasso someone will be a risk. There are more uncertainty in a freeaim lobby. You can’t be sure to hit, you have no idea if your opponent is a great shot and the easy Cheasy kills against someone riding past you full speed will almost never happen and if you try, it will still be uncertain who comes out on top.

DentureDynamite

And without machine guns (ala GTA Online) to correct for missed shots, it should be even harder to hit targets--especially moving on a horse, etc.

That is, until the near future when Rockstar releases the Portable Maxim gun as the first of their early Abominable Updates(TM).

Edited by DentureDynamite

TiberiusMcQueen
9 hours ago, Poggy said:

Lasso trolls are annoying.  Good job they usually seem to forget that it's easy to break out and shotgun them to the head.  It seems common that trolls have the perfect mix of nastiness and stupidity, it's like some sort of gift.

It has kind of amazed me how consistent their stupidity is, I have yet to be killed by someone who has lasso'd me, and have yet to fail to kill someone who has lasso'd me shortly afterwords, every single one of them just goes straight back to the lasso once they see I've broken free and end up giving me all the time I need to pull my pump action or lancaster out.

ytowntuneup
1 hour ago, DentureDynamite said:

And without machine guns (ala GTA Online) to correct for missed shots, it should be even harder to hit targets--especially moving on a horse, etc.

That is, until the near future when Rockstar releases the Portable Maxim gun as the first of their early Abominable Updates(TM).

And horse-mounted to boot....

Krieg

We are not talking about throwing the lasso here being the problem as you can break free long before the hog tie happens. The issue is that it makes no sense i can't fight off a lasso tackle but a guy trying to cut out my throat or blow my brains out i can fight off. Tell me how this makes any sense?

Qbert

When someone lassos/hogeties you quickly open your weapon wheel select your knife....automatic break get up shoot them.

RedDeadNedKelly

Can’t see the issue here, it’s really hard to tackle someone when your head has been turned into red mist by a pump action.😜

Situational awareness is king.

Happy Hunter
6 hours ago, Krieg said:

We are not talking about throwing the lasso here being the problem as you can break free long before the hog tie happens. The issue is that it makes no sense i can't fight off a lasso tackle but a guy trying to cut out my throat or blow my brains out i can fight off. Tell me how this makes any sense?

Lots of things don't make sense. Still isn't a problem. If you haven't stopped someone getting to you, then you get tied up. Not a big deal, it even lets you kill yourself.

If you consistently let the guy get to you over and over again - what are you doing?

Poggy

I've let myself get tied up on occasion to see what they'd do.  I think it confused the hell out of one drooling muppet because he just stood there watching me hogtied on the floor for ages before just shooting me.  Booooorrrrrriiinnnnggg! 

The staggering lack of imagination only confirms my theory that trolls are actually, IRL, mentally sub-normal.

MagicNarcosis

To be honest it's about as OP as a headshot you don't see coming, from my side of things. 

I don't mind it the way it is, I kinda wish you were tied longer, say if you tackled them opposed to roping them then tying them. 

Make better for cliff/train track kills. 

anarquista_duval
18 hours ago, IceD34ler said:

^^ this is becoming a myth, as treasure maps in gang hideouts 😂

As for the lasso, these days nobody except my friends gets close enough to be able to use it on me.

Ektope
9 hours ago, RedDeadNedKelly said:

Can’t see the issue here, it’s really hard to tackle someone when your head has been turned into red mist by a pump action.😜

Situational awareness is king.

It's easy with slippery

Qbert

I have completed about 20 hideouts found 1 treasure map 

areyouchappin

I hate the 'Tackle' mechanic, it was kind of cool at first but now it has essentially made melee attacks useless in RD:Online. When an enemy player gets too close in Deathmatch or whatever, sometimes I just want to simply hit that player with my gun, knife or punch/kick them, instead you are automatically launched into a 'tackle quick time event' that requires both players to continuously mash a button to succeed while in the meantime some other random player can walk up and shoot you both on the ground...

As of right now, there is three ways to initiate a Tackle, all of them require the player to be moving towards the enemy and then pressing any of the following: B/Circle, Y/Triangle, or R Trigger/R2. Did R* really need to add 3 different ways to tackle? It should be Y/Triangle to Tackle, B/Circle to only melee attack... how hard is it to make that possible lol

ThaBirdCoot

No, it doesn't need changes, actually there are other things R* has to add or sort out before starting to remove or nerf stuff. They are already getting some of us annoyed with lowering the prices on our hunting stuff so don't give ém any more nasty ideas.

Qbert

I am one of those who wish the hunting prices were more rewarding especially now it's almost not worth it. I remember thinking once I get my small game arrows it's on....

Krieg

All i am saying is that you should be able to fight back just like any other tackle. 

On 12/14/2018 at 6:01 PM, Sauce béarnaise said:

No, it doesn't need changes, actually there are other things R* has to add or sort out before starting to remove or nerf stuff. They are already getting some of us annoyed with lowering the prices on our hunting stuff so don't give ém any more nasty ideas.

Yeah i know what you speak of. I used to hunt alot but now it doesn't even feel worth my time.

Lord-Sam

bump