Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTAForums Annual Awards 2018

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
muvdafucupouttahere

How exactly DID Tommy mistreat Lance?

Recommended Posts

muvdafucupouttahere

I hear so many people on here talking about how much Tommy treated Lance like sh*t, and I've played the story of the whole game and I honestly don't see it. Tommy seemed fairly neutral towards Lance since he first met him and actually began warming up to him as the story progressed. The worse thing he's done to Lance was, what? Yell at him in 'Bar Brawl'? And that was because Lance was sitting on his ass drinking instead of doing any work. So when exactly did Tommy mistreat Lance? Vic (understandably, of course) treated Lance in VCS way worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello

I think Lance was just batsh*t crazy and paranoid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wfank

People forget Tommy risked is own life to save Lance when they say Tommy mistreated him and personally death row was the hardest mission for me to beat fare and square in my early days (later I could do it easy parking a fast car/bike before entering the Malibu, and going along the unused junkyard bridge after saving Lance and avoiding to hit anything as Diaz's men follow.  People says he constantly scolded Lance. Only time Tommy shows anger at him is because of a stupid mistake prior to Bar Brawl. Other than that there isnt the slightest instant of anything to suggest Tommy ever mistreats Lance. Without his involvement , every time I had to make sure he stayed in good health, I could have finished the missions involving him even easier. Tommy never told Lance to not build his own empire while Tommy builds his, Tommy never held Lance back, rather it was Lance who blew up all the time and held Tommy back. Survival of the fittest, and without Victor and Tommy's shadows Lace never did anything by himself (he wouldnt even be alive as Death Row suggested), not because of others but because of his own inability and insecurity. Just compare Lance Vance the whiner to Phil Cassidy who knows how to take care of himself and helped Tommy rob the bank, deal arms, Phil never complained and earned his fare share, which was suggestively equal to Tommy after the heist, and  judging Phil and Lance, Phil deserved everything he got, lance not so much. Sure I had to save Phil too after he  blew up his arm  (well he was drunk .... and did not blow up big plans like Lance consistently did) but after all the help he did, he deserved it and got paid his worth for every hardcore high priced weapons Tommy would buy from his place. Back to Lance's case. While Tommy started taking care of his own businesses, purchasing those assets and establishing them, helping the Vercittee gang grow, he never told Lance to not stand on his own feet, solidify his own position, but all Lance ever  did was be lazy, whine and complain thinking everything should be just handed to him than earning them. IMHO Lance is by far the most flawed and insecure character in Vice City .!

Edited by wfank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

We had so many threads like this. lmao.

 

Yeah, I don't know why people say Tommy treat Lance like sh*t. It's actually one the main reasons why some people hated Tommy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tao Cheng

Due to Lance's incompetency (Especially f*cking Cop Land in the PS2 version where he takes his sweet ass time getting inside a car) Lance thinks people are babying him all his life when he's been a complete f*ckup in both Vice City and Vice City Stories. His AI pisses me off sometimes too, not to blame him but he would likely cause mission fails in both games.

 

tl;dr Lance is prone to making mistakes, takes it the wrong way thinking people are mistreating him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters

Because Tommy smacks Lance's ass without his permission when the game is off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
just do it bob1

Lance is a pain. Kinda glad he died, his missions were annoying. I don't really remember Tommy treating Lance like sh*t, but when he did, it was for a good reason. Lance was always foiling the plans. IE: making the jump on Ricardo Diaz 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evil empire

There are already plenty topics about it. I suppose the scenario makes Lance betrays Tommy at the end to make the final mission more difficult and closer to Scarface's end where Tony Montana is on his own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
just do it bob1
3 hours ago, Evil empire said:

There are already plenty topics about it. I suppose the scenario makes Lance betrays Tommy at the end to make the final mission more difficult and closer to Scarface's end where Tony Montana is on his own.

well, that is probably true since the whole game pretty much pays tribute and is a homage to Scarface

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DR:BUSTA

There are a lot of phone calls between Lance and Tommy shows that Tommy treated Lance so bad didn't give Him a fair slice 

Just now, DR:BUSTA said:

There are a lot of phone calls between Lance and Tommy shows that Tommy treated Lance so bad and didn't give Him a fair slice 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wfank
2 hours ago, DR:BUSTA said:

There are a lot of phone calls between Lance and Tommy shows that Tommy treated Lance so bad didn't give Him a fair slice 

 

The phone calls also notes "Lance had been making mistakes" , messing up plans, now and then. Give fair slice? Fair slice is something to be earned, not given, and there is no denying Tommy did most of the hard works....

Edited by wfank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DR:BUSTA
30 minutes ago, wfank said:

The phone calls also notes "Lance had been making mistakes" , messing up plans, now and then. Give fair slice? Fair slice is something to be earned, not given, and there is no denying Tommy did most of the hard works....

Lance said that everybody treated him like a little kid (Vic for an example) so he became really angry because no body treat him well, but it doesn't negate that Tommy trusted him when he told him that they are going to give sonny fake cash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wolff
On 12/15/2018 at 7:24 PM, DR:BUSTA said:

Lance said that everybody treated him like a little kid (Vic for an example) so he became really angry because no body treat him well, but it doesn't negate that Tommy trusted him when he told him that they are going to give sonny fake cash

Lance probably has some sort of personality disorder where he feels under-appreciated or useless easily. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Copcaller

He didn't mistreat him he risked his life to save him during the death row mission when honestly I'd have left him to die to save my cover. Tommy even told him if he himself does something dumb then Lance is free to lay into him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
watersgta3
On 12/12/2018 at 11:22 PM, wfank said:

People forget Tommy risked is own life to save Lance when they say Tommy mistreated him and personally death row was the hardest mission for me to beat fare and square in my early days (later I could do it easy parking a fast car/bike before entering the Malibu, and going along the unused junkyard bridge after saving Lance and avoiding to hit anything as Diaz's men follow.  People says he constantly scolded Lance. Only time Tommy shows anger at him is because of a stupid mistake prior to Bar Brawl. Other than that there isnt the slightest instant of anything to suggest Tommy ever mistreats Lance. Without his involvement , every time I had to make sure he stayed in good health, I could have finished the missions involving him even easier. Tommy never told Lance to not build his own empire while Tommy builds his, Tommy never held Lance back, rather it was Lance who blew up all the time and held Tommy back. Survival of the fittest, and without Victor and Tommy's shadows Lace never did anything by himself (he wouldnt even be alive as Death Row suggested), not because of others but because of his own inability and insecurity. Just compare Lance Vance the whiner to Phil Cassidy who knows how to take care of himself and helped Tommy rob the bank, deal arms, Phil never complained and earned his fare share, which was suggestively equal to Tommy after the heist, and  judging Phil and Lance, Phil deserved everything he got, lance not so much. Sure I had to save Phil too after he  blew up his arm  (well he was drunk .... and did not blow up big plans like Lance consistently did) but after all the help he did, he deserved it and got paid his worth for every hardcore high priced weapons Tommy would buy from his place. Back to Lance's case. While Tommy started taking care of his own businesses, purchasing those assets and establishing them, helping the Vercittee gang grow, he never told Lance to not stand on his own feet, solidify his own position, but all Lance ever  did was be lazy, whine and complain thinking everything should be just handed to him than earning them. IMHO Lance is by far the most flawed and insecure character in Vice City .!

I agree. If anything, Lance brought everything on himself. He had the choice to build his own empire and work just as hard to earn life-savings as well. But he decided to laze around and have his partner do all the work. He and Tommy may be partners, but that's what partners are supposed to do - actually work alongside with each other, not expect the other guy to do everything on his own. He did the exact same thing to Vic in VCS when the brothers were at war against the Mendez brothers. It's clear that Lance knows nothing about partnership and expects someone to accept him in open arms, and had Lance survived, I guarantee you he would've done the exact same thing to Sonny once he allied with the Forellis. That's why I can't feel sorry for Lance when he meets his deserved end. He thought he didn't have to do any work himself and his laziness cost him his fate.

Edited by watersgta3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.