2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Sign in to follow this  
Kiwi_91

Which arena war cars should I buy?

Kiwi_91

so which arena war cars are absolutely necessary and which ones are not? i only want to buy a few and need to know which ones are the best for the game modes. im sure a few other people are also wanting this information 

alkaline_

i can't tell yet, i've only used the stock versions. in capture the flag i found the bike quite useful, fast, nimble and crispy. in wreck it i found the nissa350 useful. in the gamemode where you have to collect the checkpoints, also the crunchy bike. 

but when everybody has upgraded vehicles it may all change.

Rafae

Imperator, Impaler, ZR380 & Dominator.

MARINA

I have the Impaler and Gargoyle but I haven't actually used the Impaler because the Gargoyle is pretty good across the board.

lost-in-emotions

^ i heard the Gargoyle isnt so good at all?!

o0eVe0o

bikes ruined this mode for me kills everything in like 5 seconds just  get a bike like the rest of the player base wasted money on maxing out a ratrod monster truck an it just gets annihilated by a bike in less then 5 seconds even when i run into it head on nothing happens an i take all the damage sh*ts retarded.

EkaSwede
45 minutes ago, o0eVe0o said:

bikes ruined this mode for me kills everything in like 5 seconds just  get a bike like the rest of the player base wasted money on maxing out a ratrod monster truck an it just gets annihilated by a bike in less then 5 seconds even when i run into it head on nothing happens an i take all the damage sh*ts retarded.

So it's Sanchez in Offroad all over again, then? But I suposse it makes sense since the deathbike is much mor eagile and harder to hit than the large bulky cars.

Edited by EkaSwede

Talisman_83

I found that the bicycle I hopped on to pedal as fast away from this DLC as possible to be quite handy

Lonely-Martin

Yeah, the Gargoyle is a good contender for sure.

2 hours ago, Rafae said:

Imperator, Impaler, ZR380 & Dominator.

But with muscle cars aplenty, hard to not wanna too, lol. 

RIT Tyger
4 hours ago, alkaline_ said:

i can't tell yet, i've only used the stock versions. in capture the flag i found the bike quite useful, fast, nimble and crispy. in wreck it i found the nissa350 useful. in the gamemode where you have to collect the checkpoints, also the crunchy bike. 

but when everybody has upgraded vehicles it may all change.

Agreed. If you're focused on gaining AP faster, I recommend using the Gargoyle in either Flag War (Capture the Flag) and Game Masters (Collect Check Points). The stock one works well if you have a good team. I just upgraded to a Deathbike to try it out today in those same missions.

I also used the Gargoyle in Wreck It, but I was only racing one other person. The ZR380 may be a better option as someone else mentioned...I just haven't tried it for racing. I can't stand its traction on dirt, personally.

Voodoo-Hendrix
1 hour ago, o0eVe0o said:

R* should have taken a note from the Twisted Metal games.

In those games, Mr. Grimm (the literal grim reaper in a bike) is quite nimble and has powerful weaponry, yet it has basically no armor at all.

lordbancs

I bought the Scarab. I don't really recommend it. It's a cool war machine, but it's slow and grossly impractical for free roam, which is the majority of the reason I bought it (other than cool factor of course)

Edited by lordbancs

lost-in-emotions

ok, more and more i read inhere, that the gargoyle is worth for usage and upgrade.

but plz tell me, can i play with the gargyole in a arena, instead of the deathbike, if its opened for?

Aghakhi
2 hours ago, lost-in-emotions said:

ok, more and more i read inhere, that the gargoyle is worth for usage and upgrade.

but plz tell me, can i play with the gargyole in a arena, instead of the deathbike, if its opened for?

I believe that they say "Gargoyle" because the Deathbike is simply one of these on steroids. I don't think that you can use a regular Gargoyle but I'm now almost 100% sure to get a Deathbike first. If it's really armored as they say, all you have to do is avoid direct contact which is way easier when in such a small and agile vehicle.

lost-in-emotions

uhmm, now im irritaded.
iikc you CANT buy deathbike in browser. only gargoyle.
but i think you can upgrade it, that you can drive with it in the arena?!

whats the difference bewtween gargoyle and deathbike?!

Aghakhi
3 hours ago, lost-in-emotions said:

uhmm, now im irritaded.

The Deathbike is the "Arena legal" version of the Gargoyle, and one of the vehicles that's only available through conversion at the Arena workshop. The Gargoyle is the bike that needs to be modified in order to become a Deathbike, so the reason for having only the Gargoyle in the browser is because you need to buy it first, take to the mechanic at the Arena workshop, and then you buy the conversion. Only then you'll have the Deathbike, which you'll need to further modify to get an edge over players with a stock Deathbike.

Overlord Jr.

DeathBike excels in pretty much all gamemodes, only in Wreck It it would randomly explode, I would guess its the kinetic mines.

With the pathetic payout even with 2x on I would guess the only mode with popularity later on would be Wreck It and Carnage where you have plenty of time to spin wheels for AP which is the only meaningful way to level up, ZR380 and Imperator would be also a good choice for Wreck It if you plan on winning once everyone has kinetic mines equipped to deal with bikes. Imperator has rear launched kinetic mortar im guessing ZR380 would be faster

nido997

well I have the Future Shock Deathbike (you buy a stock gargoyle and you turn it into a deathbike) , Imperator(tuned it into a stock looking one though) and the Apoc Dominator , and I can say that the Deathbike is the best in most scenarios ...

be careful though , as it has no armor against explosives , plus you can fall off the bike and die in the arena ...

PS : the Dominator is not that bad at all though ..

Edited by nido997

MARINA
6 hours ago, lost-in-emotions said:

uhmm, now im irritaded.

Besides the obvious visuals, these are the performance differences according to coding:

wvFe9He.png

Giantsgiants

I'd say go for Deathbike first and then Sasquatch.

I've heard good things about ZR380 but the first two seem more useful.

n1tr0t0m

Deathbike Sasquatch and issi if you only care about offensive

ZR380 for wreck it, tag team and games masters if you are very scared of drones

Cerberus for flag war defense

Went more into detail here: 

FuturePastNow

The Sasquatch is one of the most ridiculously fun vehicles I've ever owned in this game and I highly recommend it.

lost-in-emotions

- Are the Mines not infite? Or how high is the Cooldown of the Mines?

- Is there a trick to give the Z a better performance? its really slippery on dirt.

or is it caused by motor 4, drivetrain 4 and turbtuning?!

SpatchCock
On 12/12/2018 at 10:33 AM, MARINA said:

I have the Impaler and Gargoyle but I haven't actually used the Impaler because the Gargoyle is pretty good across the board.

On 12/12/2018 at 10:42 AM, lost-in-emotions said:

^ i heard the Gargoyle isnt so good at all?!

You're both kinda right.

The Gargoyle is awesome, but you can be destroyed really quickly if you get caught in a pile up. Also, don't fire your weapons if caught in said pile up.

Touge Spirit Leader

Can't recommend the Imperator enough. With the full upgraded boost it is super fast.

MisFit-138

I recomend the deathbike 

Edited by MisFit-138

Lonely-Martin
20 hours ago, FuturePastNow said:

The Sasquatch is one of the most ridiculously fun vehicles I've ever owned in this game and I highly recommend it.

I love that truck so much. I really cannot wait until it snows as throwing it up the mountains will be good fun indeed. :)

xXManATeeXx

I have the ZR380 and Deathbike so far and love both and win quite a bit with those. ZR380 dominates racing and the Deathbike is great for Flag War. 

For Here Come the Monsters should I invest in a custom Issi Classic and Sasquatch? It would be nice to troll the Sasquatch team with an Apocolyptic Mr. Bean Mini. 

georgewillie
5 hours ago, xXManATeeXx said:

I have the ZR380 and Deathbike so far and love both and win quite a bit with those. ZR380 dominates racing and the Deathbike is great for Flag War. 

For Here Come the Monsters should I invest in a custom Issi Classic and Sasquatch? It would be nice to troll the Sasquatch team with an Apocolyptic Mr. Bean Mini. 

I’m thinking about upgrading an issi just for this mode.   You’re a sitting duck without it.   I’m fairly certain 60% of my deaths in arena wars are from being a competitor in this mode.