Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Willy A. Jeep

MTL Cerberus Appreciation Thread

Recommended Posts

Willy A. Jeep

@asadog2, I'd personally prefer them to go all-out on making a new, original Peterbilt 281/351 analogue rather than reusing the Cerberus. I'm still relatively confused by all the elements that went into the Cerberus, as it comes out to a somewhat lost effort, and that mod goes to show it in how... strange it looks. I'll give them the benefit of the War Rig inspiration, since it was one of these before they apocalypsed it up, and that's a pretty dramatic change, but the Cerberus doesn't quite feel that modified. It just seems... sloppy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
asadog2
41 minutes ago, Willy A. Jeep said:

@asadog2, I'd personally prefer them to go all-out on making a new, original Peterbilt 281/351 analogue rather than reusing the Cerberus. I'm still relatively confused by all the elements that went into the Cerberus, as it comes out to a somewhat lost effort, and that mod goes to show it in how... strange it looks. I'll give them the benefit of the War Rig inspiration, since it was one of these before they apocalypsed it up, and that's a pretty dramatic change, but the Cerberus doesn't quite feel that modified. It just seems... sloppy.

I mean, my original idea was to basically create an entirely new vehicle, only carrying over very little from the Cerberus.

 

The only main thing carried over would be the general shape and look of the hood and grill, since it does resemble the classic needle nose hood shape on the 281/351.

 

Then the cab is narrowed, though keeping the same air cleaners and mirrors. 

Along with the fenders being round etc. 

 

And then obviously the default phantom fuel tanks,steps,rear fenders,battery box, etc are used.

 

Perhaps to further it from the Cerberus the Phantom headlight pods could be used or new single lamp pods. Both would be placed at the bottom like the Phantom and not in the top/middle like the Cerberus.

 

And something I didn’t add before is to keep the hood the same width from the grill back and not have it gradually widen or perhaps have it widen much less.

-

Id say the whole body of the Cerberus (tank etc.) came from the trailer of the War Rig and the rear of the car and the exhausts came from the War Rig. The hood is definitely from a 281/351, the cab of the phantom was reused, plus the general size of the truck and the fenders seems to of come from a Peterbilt 397.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Shark

The Chernobyl spreading nuclear fallout mayhem with it's radioactive flamethrower that melts flesh and metal, and it's toxic sludge mines (slick)!

 

dn6.jpg

 

dn1.jpg

Bit difficult to shoot your mouth off when your lips and the rest of your face has just melted off...

 

dn5.jpg

 

dn4.jpg

Radioactive flame melting cars and gang scum like candle wax.

 

dn8.jpg

The cops have difficulty driving when they hit my toxic sludge mines, muhahahaha.  I will make this filth-ridden city even more poisonous! 

 

dn9.jpg

 

dn10.jpg

It will be a silent Spring... (if you get the reference, comment below!)

 

Edited by White Shark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
—TheSquid—
On 2/2/2019 at 12:48 PM, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

I never realized I wanted an stock Cerberus until now...

 

b94cf9-20190127181811_1.jpg

Source

This is the exact reason why my finger is hovering over the button to make this purchase. I want to ditch the flamethrower, get rid of all the tacky garbage and make it into something barebones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Shark
5 minutes ago, —TheSquid— said:

This is the exact reason why my finger is hovering over the button to make this purchase. I want to ditch the flamethrower, get rid of all the tacky garbage and make it into something barebones. 

Except you can't.  No way to remove flamethrower or the big tanker on the back, so if you're after a bare-bones cab version, it's not possible.  Those images are from a PC Mod.  If you have a PC though, then I guess...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
—TheSquid—
32 minutes ago, White Shark said:

Except you can't.  No way to remove flamethrower or the big tanker on the back, so if you're after a bare-bones cab version, it's not possible.  Those images are from a PC Mod.  If you have a PC though, then I guess...

I figured. I wanted to at least hide some of it and not go with the spikes and tacky stuff but I just can’t find the will to buy it. I wish they’d package some more semis and industrial vehicles in with an update. 

 

I’d pay plenty to have real customization for the Phantom, Hauler, a stock Cerberus or anything else. Let me smack bullbars on it, change the lights and all those goodies. Maybe give us a bulldozer that we can turn into a murder-machine or even do something with the Dump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Shark
2 hours ago, —TheSquid— said:

I figured. I wanted to at least hide some of it and not go with the spikes and tacky stuff but I just can’t find the will to buy it. I wish they’d package some more semis and industrial vehicles in with an update. 

 

I’d pay plenty to have real customization for the Phantom, Hauler, a stock Cerberus or anything else. Let me smack bullbars on it, change the lights and all those goodies. Maybe give us a bulldozer that we can turn into a murder-machine or even do something with the Dump.

It's always crazy to me this restriction R* constantly places on players.  Just let everyone have a stock version of absolutely everything in game, and then allow us, the players to add what we want to it, as much or as little as we want.

 

It's not hard really. Well, apparently it is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NegativeVector

1FWU4Sr.jpg

lLzCYWu.jpg

 

My "What the hell, it's on sale......"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JSMRACECAR03

49e7b24f-f9cf-4d32-86e6-378f52b4d563.PNG ik it's a big waste but hey it's on discount and i wanted it! so i have my War Rig now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We Are Ninja

I've wanted one forever, but I wasn't willing to pay regular price, or grind to the trade price. Now that it's on sale, I had to indulge...

 

With a battering ram (as opposed to a completely ineffectual scoop), it's actually pretty damned fun. Pretty much on par with the Bruiser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Willy A. Jeep

Tagging along from @Voodoo-Hendrix's previous mentioning of @Dani02's Cerberus semi truck mod, I'll feature the further modification by Monkeypolice188. The MTL Cerberus 200 & 300 are looking pretty good. Be sure to grab the mod if you're on PC!

 

f96057-Cerberus%20200%20and%20300.jpg

f96057-Screenshot%20(3817).jpgf96057-Screenshot%20(4082).jpg

f96057-Screenshot%20(3824).jpgf96057-Screenshot%20(4086).jpg

 

All images in this post are credited to the mod authors and contributors, though I'll certainly be looking to post a few of my own in the future...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
79'Blazer4x4
1 hour ago, Willy A. Jeep said:

Tagging along from @Voodoo-Hendrix's previous mentioning of @Dani02's Cerberus semi truck mod, I'll feature the further modification by Monkeypolice188. The MTL Cerberus 200 & 300 are looking pretty good. Be sure to grab the mod if you're on PC!

 

Pictures snipped

 

 

 

All images in this post are credited to the mod authors and contributors, though I'll certainly be looking to post a few of my own in the future...

I need these immediately! Why oh why must I play on console instead of PC? 😢 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ScottDelgado88

say hello to carnage

 

l0xKkoi.jpg

Edited by ScottDelgado88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JRebbert512

Which is better, rams or scoops? And which one of them is the best?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
—TheSquid—
On 2/19/2019 at 12:47 PM, Willy A. Jeep said:

Tagging along from @Voodoo-Hendrix's previous mentioning of @Dani02's Cerberus semi truck mod, I'll feature the further modification by Monkeypolice188. The MTL Cerberus 200 & 300 are looking pretty good. Be sure to grab the mod if you're on PC!

 

f96057-Cerberus%20200%20and%20300.jpg

f96057-Screenshot%20(3817).jpgf96057-Screenshot%20(4082).jpg

f96057-Screenshot%20(3824).jpgf96057-Screenshot%20(4086).jpg

 

All images in this post are credited to the mod authors and contributors, though I'll certainly be looking to post a few of my own in the future...

I am angry with you. I am very, very angry. Now someone get me a rag to wipe away thw drool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Willy A. Jeep

Redwood Forests

 

L8Lncnr.jpg

FLnwLAr.jpg1y3EpOr.jpg

1dPNagL.jpgnpBngMm.jpg

 

Ethel

 

5w5HIl8.jpg

mQ8L331.jpgi4DnVP1.jpg

foeEEHr.jpg5XjrXKh.jpg

 

 

More images in the spoiler below, as well as the mod link. I'm aware there's an updated Duel version of the mod, but these shots are from before it was released. I'm also not sure why the logging truck in these shots has scratches, they weren't there in-game when I was getting the footage. At the end of the day, if you're a classic American truck fan and you're on PC, be sure to pick this mod up. It's a fun hunk of steel!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We Are Ninja
On 2/26/2019 at 12:01 PM, JRebbert512 said:

Which is better, rams or scoops? And which one of them is the best?

Ram. 1000 times over. The scoops are trash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JRebbert512
6 hours ago, We Are Ninja said:

Ram. 1000 times over. The scoops are trash.

In the meantime since I asked, I tried both the best ram and the best scoop. Been trying this with several AW vehicles. I’ve seen that the scoops seem to work better for me. At least on public streets, they seem much better at getting a cars out of my way, sending them flying off to the sides.

 

I don’t actually play much of the AW modes, so maybe it’s different in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kushology

Only gripe is no turning the Flamethrower into a Sewage Cannon..

 

Saints Row 2 anyone? No?.. Oh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We Are Ninja
7 hours ago, JRebbert512 said:

In the meantime since I asked, I tried both the best ram and the best scoop. Been trying this with several AW vehicles. I’ve seen that the scoops seem to work better for me. At least on public streets, they seem much better at getting a cars out of my way, sending them flying off to the sides.

 

I don’t actually play much of the AW modes, so maybe it’s different in there.

Really?? I find the scoops to be terrible. They actually slow the car down. The ram is a f*cking battering ram. You can actually one-hit 'splode cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
—TheSquid—

You know a vehicle sucks when even a discount doesn’t get enough people to buy it for even one of them to post here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FuturePastNow
On 4/26/2019 at 11:29 AM, —TheSquid— said:

You know a vehicle sucks when even a discount doesn’t get enough people to buy it for even one of them to post here. 

I want the Apocolypse one but I don't have the trade price. It's not even about the money, the $700k difference is pocket change. It's just the principle of the matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piro

So anyone know if all those rams/scoops actually change something or is it only cosmetic?  Whitch one is the best? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.