Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Willy A. Jeep

MTL Cerberus Appreciation Thread

Recommended Posts

Pedinhuh

The Arena War announcer calls out this truck by it's name if it gets blown up in any game mode, like it's meant to be special or something like that...

 

This thing is not even useful as a roadblock, seeing as a Impaler with the most basic ram can lift it off the ground, the flamethrower is beyond pathetic too.

 

This is 3.8 millions too expensive for what is worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Shark

Disregarding the huge price and the lack of effective use, I still wanna get one at some point cos you know, flamethrowers.

 

What is the best variant to use for this?  Future Shock or Apocalypse?  I know the variants aren't supposed to differ, but some of them have very slight benefits over the others.

 

What is the best scoop/ram?  Are they all the same or are there some I should avoid?  Does that claw type scoop on the Apocalypse version do anything special?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We Are Ninja

^ From the vids I watched online (All of which convinced me to not even think of this flaming pile until it gets a deep sale), none of the scoops are that effective, and the claw one, while cooler, is less effective than the others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
—TheSquid—

What a shame. The kid in me wants this because I like driving around in big old trucks and heavy machinery, but for four million undiscounted? Please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gaffa

Said it before but the flamethrower needs it's range extending by 500% or something, it's practically a useless weapon system at the moment with stuff needing to be too close for it to be properly effective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WFD1992

Only buy this if you want to drive Megatron.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova
On 1/5/2019 at 10:03 PM, White Shark said:

Disregarding the huge price and the lack of effective use, I still wanna get one at some point cos you know, flamethrowers.

 

What is the best variant to use for this?  Future Shock or Apocalypse?  I know the variants aren't supposed to differ, but some of them have very slight benefits over the others.

 

What is the best scoop/ram?  Are they all the same or are there some I should avoid?  Does that claw type scoop on the Apocalypse version do anything special?

 

Future Shock, you get green flames on the Flamethrower.

Also I allow this to go past unhindered because if this sells well we may see an actual Flamethrower in the next update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mazawattee
12 hours ago, WFD1992 said:

Only buy this if you want to drive Megatron.

That is one hell of a sales pitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bandersnatch
Posted (edited)

How did I not notice !!! Duel truck...... 

May have to get one when on sale

 

Truck-from-Movie-Duel.jpg

 

Edited by Bandersnatch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marciliojunior01

I feel like the cerberus is a mix between the mad max truck and the deathrace 1 semi. They could have done like the semi from death race and put a cannon on the back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crokey

Hidden a couple of posts in here; a little less sass and more positivity please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MarczXD

Nah. The War Rig is a eight wheeler. This looks more like the truck from Death Race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Willy A. Jeep
30 minutes ago, MarczXD said:

Nah. The War Rig is a eight wheeler. This looks more like the truck from Death Race.

It has certainly been simplified, but it resembles the Tatra-based War Rig more than the Peterbilt 359 in Death Race. I'd even vote that the non-Mad Max cues are more in-line with the Peterbilt 281 from Duel, seeing as the nose tapers and ends in a more vintage-style grille, though the influence of the Death Race example is evident in the fenders and bumper. All of them are, of course, trailer-pulling rather than the Cerberus' on-chassis tank design, but I'm sure that's a purposeful decision by Rockstar.

 

Compare:

 

ecIch2N.jpgsnapshot20131208144100.127.jpgSurviving_Duel_truck.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Foreverpast
Posted (edited)
On 1/4/2019 at 1:58 PM, We Are Ninja said:

Does it's ramming a ability and ground clearance issues improve if you install a ram instead of a scoop?

 

I'm actually seeing the best results with the light & reinforced ram.

I tried out the scoops for a bit, & they were to prone to popping up the front of the vehicle when I'd hit street light poles.

As for ground clearance with them, I haven't had issues with the two rams.

However the scoops, especially the large one, tend to get caught up on things.

Edited by Foreverpast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Shark
23 hours ago, Crokey said:

Hidden a couple of posts in here; a little less sass and more positivity please.

But the Cerberus CRAVES sass...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Numot15
On 1/7/2019 at 7:08 PM, Willy A. Jeep said:

It has certainly been simplified, but it resembles the Tatra-based War Rig more than the Peterbilt 359 in Death Race. I'd even vote that the non-Mad Max cues are more in-line with the Peterbilt 281 from Duel, seeing as the nose tapers and ends in a more vintage-style grille, though the influence of the Death Race example is evident in the fenders and bumper. All of them are, of course, trailer-pulling rather than the Cerberus' on-chassis tank design, but I'm sure that's a purposeful decision by Rockstar.

 

Compare:

 

ecIch2N.jpgsnapshot20131208144100.127.jpgSurviving_Duel_truck.JPG

I think you guys are all getting this wrong, and with exception of the Duel truck you're all thinking to new. The Cerberus may be closer to the Mad Max: Road Warrior truck. That's also were all our boost systems on the arena war cars orginally came from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Willy A. Jeep
25 minutes ago, Numot15 said:

The Cerberus may be closer to the Mad Max: Road Warrior truck

I considered that, as well as the rail truck from Thunderdome. The Mad Max 2 Mack R-Series is further from the Cerberus than even the Peterbilt 359, and despite the grille being more similar to Thunderdome's Mack B-77, the overall appearance still suggests Fury Road War Rig+ Duel 281+Death Race 359 to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Shark
Posted (edited)

Question for those who own this.

 

How easy is it to get shot out by NPCs? Say if the windows have already been broken, does the height of the vehicle provide any protection?

 

Also, I want to put the horn on this, as the horn sounds fricken awesome, War of the Worlds style!  What would I need to sacrifice in order to be able to use the horn?  Is it the jump, or mines?  Does this thing even use mines??

Edited by White Shark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aghakhi
9 hours ago, White Shark said:

What would I need to sacrifice in order to be able to use the horn?

Well I have my ZR-380 with both mines and jump now and according to that fact you would sacrifice the jump since the mines are deployed using the D-pad and the jump overwrites the horn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Shark
16 minutes ago, Aghakhi said:

Well I have my ZR-380 with both mines and jump now and according to that fact you would sacrifice the jump since the mines are deployed using the D-pad and the jump overwrites the horn

Worthy sacrifice!  Thank you :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
unfknblvble

Here's mine:

nRUbJiF.png

 

CvmfPel.png

 

p0QRbQh.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Shark
1 hour ago, unfknblvble said:

Here's mine:

nRUbJiF.png

 

CvmfPel.png

 

p0QRbQh.png

Haha nice use of the red tyre smoke. Looks like it's grinding up humans and spraying out their blood. 

 

May I ask how you find the protection from bullets when you're driving this? Does the height of it make it difficult for NPCs to hit you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whywontyoulisten
16 hours ago, Aghakhi said:

Well I have my ZR-380 with both mines and jump now and according to that fact you would sacrifice the jump since the mines are deployed using the D-pad and the jump overwrites the horn

You could probably still use the horn whilst in the air, as that's how it works with proxy-equipped vehicles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aghakhi
3 minutes ago, whywontyoulisten said:

You could probably still use the horn whilst in the air, as that's how it works with proxy-equipped vehicles.

Matter of fact, it's very likely to be the case, since cars that can jump like the Ruiner 2000 can use the horn whilst in the air too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Shark
34 minutes ago, whywontyoulisten said:

You could probably still use the horn whilst in the air, as that's how it works with proxy-equipped vehicles.

Yeah I did contemplate this, as I can do it with the Sasquatch, but I'd prefer to keep the Cerberus grounded, and just be able to menacingly sound its horn as it trundled down the streets lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Shark

So I bit the bullet and bought one at full price.

 

I do like it.  It's a cool and fun thing to have, but there is a major design flaw with it.  If you use the flamethrower whilst driving, it can very quickly blow you up as the fire blows back against the truck.  It happens pretty fast too.  They should have made the thing flame proof.  Very sad indeed.  Oh well.  I'm still just over 40 million in the bank so easy come, easy go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Shark

Ok, this is strange.  Even when I use my flamethrower when my truck is still, it causes damage to my truck and eventually blows up.  What the hell?  Is this normal?  I'm constantly suiciding because of this and having to pay out 10k each time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geisterfaust

If you're not playing Arena, don't buy it. I was stupid enough to do it and eventually sold the thing since Arena is as interesting for me as watching the paint dry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Shark
17 hours ago, hei3enberg said:

If you're not playing Arena, don't buy it. I was stupid enough to do it and eventually sold the thing since Arena is as interesting for me as watching the paint dry.

Yeah, I knew the thing wasn't going to be OP, not by a long shot. But to take damage from its own flamethrower is ridiculous. I've submitted a ticket in the hopes it's an error. Not hopeful, but always worth a try. Also cheekily asked for the flamethrower range to be increased hehe...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geisterfaust
2 minutes ago, White Shark said:

Yeah, I knew the thing wasn't going to be OP, not by a long shot. But to take damage from its own flamethrower is ridiculous. I've submitted a ticket in the hopes it's an error. Not hopeful, but always worth a try. Also cheekily asked for the flamethrower range to be increased hehe...

I can't recall that kind of behavior with mine, looked normal, but I've only tried it during 3-4 mins. 

Spoiler

Единственные нормальные машины из этого дополнения не имеют отношения к теме дополнения. Грустно.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.