3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Willy A. Jeep

MTL Cerberus Appreciation Thread

Willy A. Jeep

@asadog2, I'd personally prefer them to go all-out on making a new, original Peterbilt 281/351 analogue rather than reusing the Cerberus. I'm still relatively confused by all the elements that went into the Cerberus, as it comes out to a somewhat lost effort, and that mod goes to show it in how... strange it looks. I'll give them the benefit of the War Rig inspiration, since it was one of these before they apocalypsed it up, and that's a pretty dramatic change, but the Cerberus doesn't quite feel that modified. It just seems... sloppy.

asadog2
41 minutes ago, Willy A. Jeep said:

@asadog2, I'd personally prefer them to go all-out on making a new, original Peterbilt 281/351 analogue rather than reusing the Cerberus. I'm still relatively confused by all the elements that went into the Cerberus, as it comes out to a somewhat lost effort, and that mod goes to show it in how... strange it looks. I'll give them the benefit of the War Rig inspiration, since it was one of these before they apocalypsed it up, and that's a pretty dramatic change, but the Cerberus doesn't quite feel that modified. It just seems... sloppy.

I mean, my original idea was to basically create an entirely new vehicle, only carrying over very little from the Cerberus.

The only main thing carried over would be the general shape and look of the hood and grill, since it does resemble the classic needle nose hood shape on the 281/351.

Then the cab is narrowed, though keeping the same air cleaners and mirrors. 

Along with the fenders being round etc. 

And then obviously the default phantom fuel tanks,steps,rear fenders,battery box, etc are used.

Perhaps to further it from the Cerberus the Phantom headlight pods could be used or new single lamp pods. Both would be placed at the bottom like the Phantom and not in the top/middle like the Cerberus.

And something I didn’t add before is to keep the hood the same width from the grill back and not have it gradually widen or perhaps have it widen much less.

-

Id say the whole body of the Cerberus (tank etc.) came from the trailer of the War Rig and the rear of the car and the exhausts came from the War Rig. The hood is definitely from a 281/351, the cab of the phantom was reused, plus the general size of the truck and the fenders seems to of come from a Peterbilt 397.

White Shark

The Chernobyl spreading nuclear fallout mayhem with it's radioactive flamethrower that melts flesh and metal, and it's toxic sludge mines (slick)!

dn6.jpg

dn1.jpg

Bit difficult to shoot your mouth off when your lips and the rest of your face has just melted off...

dn5.jpg

dn4.jpg

Radioactive flame melting cars and gang scum like candle wax.

dn8.jpg

The cops have difficulty driving when they hit my toxic sludge mines, muhahahaha.  I will make this filth-ridden city even more poisonous! 

dn9.jpg

dn10.jpg

It will be a silent Spring... (if you get the reference, comment below!)

Edited by White Shark

—TheSquid—
On 2/2/2019 at 12:48 PM, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

I never realized I wanted an stock Cerberus until now...

b94cf9-20190127181811_1.jpg

Source

This is the exact reason why my finger is hovering over the button to make this purchase. I want to ditch the flamethrower, get rid of all the tacky garbage and make it into something barebones. 

White Shark
5 minutes ago, —TheSquid— said:

This is the exact reason why my finger is hovering over the button to make this purchase. I want to ditch the flamethrower, get rid of all the tacky garbage and make it into something barebones. 

Except you can't.  No way to remove flamethrower or the big tanker on the back, so if you're after a bare-bones cab version, it's not possible.  Those images are from a PC Mod.  If you have a PC though, then I guess...

—TheSquid—
32 minutes ago, White Shark said:

Except you can't.  No way to remove flamethrower or the big tanker on the back, so if you're after a bare-bones cab version, it's not possible.  Those images are from a PC Mod.  If you have a PC though, then I guess...

I figured. I wanted to at least hide some of it and not go with the spikes and tacky stuff but I just can’t find the will to buy it. I wish they’d package some more semis and industrial vehicles in with an update. 

I’d pay plenty to have real customization for the Phantom, Hauler, a stock Cerberus or anything else. Let me smack bullbars on it, change the lights and all those goodies. Maybe give us a bulldozer that we can turn into a murder-machine or even do something with the Dump.

White Shark
2 hours ago, —TheSquid— said:

I figured. I wanted to at least hide some of it and not go with the spikes and tacky stuff but I just can’t find the will to buy it. I wish they’d package some more semis and industrial vehicles in with an update. 

I’d pay plenty to have real customization for the Phantom, Hauler, a stock Cerberus or anything else. Let me smack bullbars on it, change the lights and all those goodies. Maybe give us a bulldozer that we can turn into a murder-machine or even do something with the Dump.

It's always crazy to me this restriction R* constantly places on players.  Just let everyone have a stock version of absolutely everything in game, and then allow us, the players to add what we want to it, as much or as little as we want.

It's not hard really. Well, apparently it is...

NegativeVector

1FWU4Sr.jpg

lLzCYWu.jpg

My "What the hell, it's on sale......"

JSMRACECAR03

49e7b24f-f9cf-4d32-86e6-378f52b4d563.PNG ik it's a big waste but hey it's on discount and i wanted it! so i have my War Rig now!

We Are Ninja

I've wanted one forever, but I wasn't willing to pay regular price, or grind to the trade price. Now that it's on sale, I had to indulge...

With a battering ram (as opposed to a completely ineffectual scoop), it's actually pretty damned fun. Pretty much on par with the Bruiser.

Willy A. Jeep

Tagging along from @Voodoo-Hendrix's previous mentioning of @Dani02's Cerberus semi truck mod, I'll feature the further modification by Monkeypolice188. The MTL Cerberus 200 & 300 are looking pretty good. Be sure to grab the mod if you're on PC!

f96057-Cerberus%20200%20and%20300.jpg

f96057-Screenshot%20(3817).jpgf96057-Screenshot%20(4082).jpg

f96057-Screenshot%20(3824).jpgf96057-Screenshot%20(4086).jpg

All images in this post are credited to the mod authors and contributors, though I'll certainly be looking to post a few of my own in the future...

79'Blazer4x4
1 hour ago, Willy A. Jeep said:

Tagging along from @Voodoo-Hendrix's previous mentioning of @Dani02's Cerberus semi truck mod, I'll feature the further modification by Monkeypolice188. The MTL Cerberus 200 & 300 are looking pretty good. Be sure to grab the mod if you're on PC!

Pictures snipped

All images in this post are credited to the mod authors and contributors, though I'll certainly be looking to post a few of my own in the future...

I need these immediately! Why oh why must I play on console instead of PC? 😢 

ScottDelgado88

say hello to carnage

l0xKkoi.jpg

Edited by ScottDelgado88