1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Papa_Flow1

Great way to make money in online

Callahan44
3 hours ago, theGypsy said:

Yup, but while you're there bulk up.

Gators (3* on the back, the rest for meat/teeth)

Baby gators (can put 3* under the large one, worth the same $$)

Boars (bag em, the meat is worth a few)

Snakes... if u run into one, why not?

Birds (can carry 2 of the 3^ ones... rest for feathers etc)

You can travel the whole route for an in-game day (morning til night) and make a pretty good haul even with the post Dec update prices (some birds got nerfed)

And if you get lucky, you can get a camp set up right near there (good to go to is griefers come yer way)

Boars arent that great imo,take long to skin,you can lose the pelt and theyre not that worthy anyway. I prefer shooting a few gators for meat&teeth,its much easier. 

Also muskrats are worth mentioning,90% i skin are perfect and you get a nice price,fast skinning.

Snapping turtles are probably the worst animals in the game...takes long too skin,you only get(bad) meat,they take the big seat on the saddle and i dont really get how to get a perfect kill. Sonetimes it worked,often not...now theyre the only animal i always ignore.

clinical oppression
5 minutes ago, AmyStone said:

And you don't think shooting birds is a bit repetitive?

oh for sure it can be ...   alot repetitive even . But with gators and boars and mini alligators and different routes to take its not so bad . If it gets too repetative I'll go hunting for whatever elsewhere . Not a fan of replaying missions over n over first off ...  but mostly cuz they really don't pay well 

Jason

This is still a solid earner but I'm faaaairly sure they stealth nerfed the bird spawns to be honest, ravens are incredibly common now. Sitting in an empty lobby (so I'm getting consistent spawns) the spawn rate on the valuable birds is sh*t compared to what it was a week or so ago.

Also in terms of what you should stow on your horse when doing this method, in order and assuming perfect pelts:

Side storage: muskrats, spoonbills, heron/pelicans

Back storage: buck carcass, baby 'gator carcass/deer carcass, large 'gator pelt. For pelts, baby gators/deer/buck.

Ravens, ducks, boar, frogs, squirrels, coyotes, foxes aint worth yer time. Owls, vultures and hawks are.

Remember to look UP. The crown jewels of this method are flocks of valuable birds in the sky.

Here is the route I generally take for this:

EvNAnlM.png

I follow that from the butcher then loop back onto it and work my way back down till I'm just on the outskirts of St Denis (just before the farms) and then turn around and repeat the route till I'm stocked and need to return to the butcher.

Edited by Jason

DonnieVega
4 hours ago, theGypsy said:

Yup, but while you're there bulk up.

Gators (3* on the back, the rest for meat/teeth)

Baby gators (can put 3* under the large one, worth the same $$)

Boars (bag em, the meat is worth a few)

Snakes... if u run into one, why not?

Birds (can carry 2 of the 3^ ones... rest for feathers etc)

You can travel the whole route for an in-game day (morning til night) and make a pretty good haul even with the post Dec update prices (some birds got nerfed)

And if you get lucky, you can get a camp set up right near there (good to go to is griefers come yer way)

You should skin any bird before you stow it on your horse, the carcass will be worth the same but you gain feathers (spoonbill carcass is worth most, then pelican).

Also, unless you find a nice buck, pick up the perfect baby gator carcass in stead of the big gator skin as it's worth more than 6 dollhairs.

Edited by DonnieVega

delpoi

I found an ok one it's a bit tricky you go to Blackwater and not far from the town is the big lake I managed to get my camp there luckily enough, if you have the fishing rod and the lure for big fish you can catch sturgeon out of the lake they fetch $7.25 each just load up on some then sell them ✌️

Faceplant8
9 hours ago, AmyStone said:

If you aren't bored of them the best way to make money is missions. About $15 in 10 to 15 mins. That's quicker than shooting birds.

Just wandering through the forests with a varmint rifle at the ready will make you more than that. You'd be surprised how many critters run by as you're riding around. It's also much more relaxing if you like that.

The only drawbacks are that I don't think it gives much experience, if any, and you will likely max out your honor and look like a "goodie two shoes" unless you also take out all the NPCs/PCs you pass. 😉

Jason
46 minutes ago, delpoi said:

I found an ok one it's a bit tricky you go to Blackwater and not far from the town is the big lake I managed to get my camp there luckily enough, if you have the fishing rod and the lure for big fish you can catch sturgeon out of the lake they fetch $7.25 each just load up on some then sell them ✌️

It's better to fish those sturgeons from literally across the street from the butcher. It's one of the best money makers atm if the fish spawn reliably and you can fish in peace.

Faceplant8
55 minutes ago, delpoi said:

How do you "load up on some of them" when your horse can only carry one?

I find the sturgeons mostly annoying, since it can take quite a while to reel one in, and you can only sell one at a time. I really hate when you catch a second one and have to reel it in just to throw it back.

Does anyone know if you lose your lure if/when you cut your line? I've been afraid to try.

delpoi
49 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's better to fish those sturgeons from literally across the street from the butcher. It's one of the best money makers atm if the fish spawn reliably and you can fish in peace.

Top tip I'm gonna do that from now on they are a bugger to land but they are massive I want a boat to go into the lake and catch a load😁

Kemasus

Its fairly easy to make money north of St Denis.

A few days ago I had around $450 ...now sitting at just over $1000

$100 over an hour is possible

Sometimes you get lucky and immediately run into a flock of Herons....nice way to start the hunt

Edited by Kemasus

Jason

IF they didn't nerf the bird spawns like I suspect then the only way you won't make $100 an hour is if you're doing something wrong pretty much. $150/hr is about average with $200-$300 possible if you get lucky with flocks. I do suspect they might have lowered the chance for the heron/spoonbill/pelican flocks though which brings down those spikey runs where you can earn $60+ a run and $200+ an hour and probably makes this method earn about $100-$150/hr on average.

Also, time of day and weather influences bird spawns. Flocks don't really spawn at night and while the birds can spawn on the ground at night the chance is lower in my experience. Heavy rain also stops flocks from spawning but if it's during the day it shouldn't effect the ground spawns.

Also, there's a pelican flock spawn just north from the butcher above the tracks, so if you hear some birds squawking overhead while leaving St Denis look up, at least one will probably end up on a roof but with the carcasses you can earn a quick $20 without leaving the city.

Callahan44

I dont think they nerfed the birdspawns,i hunted earlier and it was like always,no difference. Also ravens etc arent bad,40 (45?not sure)cent for a feather+meat...its no spoonbill but worth shooting. In fact all birds are kinda good imo. 

Edited by Callahan44

Jason

I had a private lobby earlier and made runs across multiple in-game days and the flock spawns for the valuable birds was awful. I might be misremebering but a week or so ago, pre-patch, flocks of herons and pelicans in particular were much more common. The flocks in the sky were the secret to making $200+ an hour with this method so not getting them reliably has a big impact on how much you can make per hour. Ground spawns seem fine though.

You can get ravens and ducks but their feathers are 30c each I believe but I don't think it's time efficient if you're trying to min/max. Plucking 3-4 birds takes a while what with the animations and you could miss flocks while plucking too, plus you're wasting daytime hours which is the best time to hunt for birds, so personally I ignore ducks/ravens and keep on the move checking the valuable bird spawns. Ground game is worth it over ravens and ducks pretty much every time.

Bakkerbaard

While we're on the topic of birds. Are we still thinking the Egret Plumes issue is a bug? 

I realised I had one in my pocket for ages only yesterday, but I never got an option to sell it.

Jason
1 minute ago, Bakkerbaard said:

While we're on the topic of birds. Are we still thinking the Egret Plumes issue is a bug? 

I realised I had one in my pocket for ages only yesterday, but I never got an option to sell it.

Left over bug from the SP I assume, cause you can't sell them there if I remember right? You hold onto them till you get the stranger quest who wants them.

Chrismads
7 hours ago, Callahan44 said:

Boars arent that great imo,take long to skin,you can lose the pelt and theyre not that worthy anyway. I prefer shooting a few gators for meat&teeth,its much easier. 

Also muskrats are worth mentioning,90% i skin are perfect and you get a nice price,fast skinning.

Snapping turtles are probably the worst animals in the game...takes long too skin,you only get(bad) meat,they take the big seat on the saddle and i dont really get how to get a perfect kill. Sonetimes it worked,often not...now theyre the only animal i always ignore.

Pork gives $0.75 a piece and stacks 20. Thats decent. Might as well bring the pelt and hope you make it to the butcher. Park your horse on the boar and it'll take around 3 seconds to skin.

Revoemag

How much money are you making?

I just go from one butcher to another,  killing everything that moves,  and i make 20-30$ in that run. 

RAND0M GRAFFITI
11 hours ago, Callahan44 said:

If you park your horse on the animal carcass and then skin it there is almost no skinning animation and saves tons of time, old RDR1 trick.

I kill every thing that crosses my path, it all adds up.

theGypsy
11 hours ago, Faceplant8 said:

How do you "load up on some of them" when your horse can only carry one?

I find the sturgeons mostly annoying, since it can take quite a while to reel one in, and you can only sell one at a time. I really hate when you catch a second one and have to reel it in just to throw it back.

Does anyone know if you lose your lure if/when you cut your line? I've been afraid to try.

Yea, that's why the spot just by the butcher (in Blackwater) tends to be better. As for the question; the only way to get that better really is to grab a random horse, have yours follow you... then you can get 2 per trip. That's about it as far as I know

theGypsy

OK I came across a spreadsheet that someone started (and abandoned?) with all the animals, missions, herbs,horse stats etc... listed by types, payouts etc.

I spent some time last night and today working on the animals (first tab). I finished the list (still doing the fish actually) and then sorted them by size, type etc...

So, here ya go... bookmark it and I will keep working on it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11mW_LJv_WyLYL1QRBppRfCcC6FI56uvB9HlwJlovOZQ/edit?usp=sharing

DentureDynamite

Dang(!) that's a ton of work between you two! 8-O

Thanks for sharing it! You two ought to get some kind of extra treasure or award for that thing.

Qbert

I hate YouTube's, they ruin everything. Sad part is most of these people only make videos about games for profit then move on to next game they can ruin