3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

crsN

GTA ONLINE: ARENA WAR OUT NOW

Ryancoke66

Looks OK, nothing amazing that'll pull me back into gtao but if I ever do get pulled back in I'll probably buy a few things from this update, if I can even afford it with just 7 measly mill left in my bank that is. 

AndyC-M

ok, so im missing something here, Im really enjoying this dlc, I don't usually invest so much time into a dlc, only usually by an attached car and that's it, but come everyone is managing to kill me but I cant kill anyone, what am I doing wrong, ive armoured my car and added weapons, but its all pointless it seems.

Smokewood
2 hours ago, Ryancoke66 said:

Looks OK, nothing amazing that'll pull me back into gtao but if I ever do get pulled back in I'll probably buy a few things from this update, if I can even afford it with just 7 measly mill left in my bank that is. 

The cheapest workshop is less than $1 million.

I maxed mine out and it cost 3.8 million

hugh750

today i bought the maze bank arena, and i added what i could afford to it, i paid about $1.4 million.

i got tired of being attacked by one random more then once today (i ended up changing sessions).

i do enjoy the new arena war dlc (it's fun).

FnGonner

Whats the daily cost for owning a maxed out arena?

Buying one would almost wipe me out lol.

Taterman

I tried to join an Arena match via quick job menu 3 times and every time all the other players leave at once before the loading screen. I really wish I could try it out at least once.

555-We-Tip
5 hours ago, FnGonner said:

Whats the daily cost for owning a maxed out arena?

Buying one would almost wipe me out lol.

I’m not sure there is one. Might have missed it though. 

mrgstrings

Those matches are fun, but I am certainly not grinding for all that stuff. I'll buy some of the cars and what else I like, then go back to business as usual.

hecticsilencez

Surprise fact;

You can change headlight colour of any car in new arena garage. Just drive it in and modify. 

I have a purple headlight frankenstange that looks evil af

!!! 

MCMXCII

Just watched the trailer for the first time. This looks like a proper Battle Royale if I do say so myself. Looks like a lot of fun.

Officer Ronson

Curiosity is killing me, can anyone tell me if the public inside the arena is made up of 2d sprites or low poly models?

Big Molio

I'm usually a fan of anything post apocalyptic, but there is nothing interesting here for me in this update.

Rubbish

Pedinhuh

This change is disgusting:

lost-in-emotions

^ it seems the ramp is not down "ingame".

yes it look so, but not the clipping for the polygones.

i think its a bug, not a feature.

n1tr0t0m

Its almost as disgusting as the mk2 speedbuff to "compensate" for fixing the speedglitch

dairyworker

This game mode has already become trash. It was fun at first, i will admit that. After a few days of always being on the team that has at least of afk player and a couple people that dont understand not every match is simply a destruction derby, it is just frustrating, also in the solo matches it has become near impossible without an upgraded car and i am not wasting 4 million dollars on a car to compete, 17 tiers and not one trade price unlock  wtf!?!

At this point i am just forcing myself to keep playing it till the bonus is over to at least get my monet back for the arena....  it will still be fun with friends i guess

Edited by dairyworker

Taterman

I finally got to try a few Arena matches last night and liked them for the most part. I didn't do so good though.

Anyone have any general tips for getting better at these? There are so many new vehicles and it's hard to learn the advantages of each. I felt kind of lost most of the time and didn't know how to use any special weapons on them or how any of the arena boosts/dangerous areas work and the matches ended as I finally figured them out.

It also seems that AP doesn't add up until you get the Arena Workshop, is it worth getting?

Devils Breed MC

Love the update so far, Have had to sell most of my vehicles to buy 5 of those upgraded new ones but they're cool!

Haven't figured out how to activate the boost yet lol, Love the arena war series, hope the lobbies remain active after the double $ & RP goes ;)

Rafae

M0CkCeX.jpg

Fluffy Sock
On 12/14/2018 at 3:12 AM, Pedinhuh said:

This change is disgusting:

Fun police alive and striking.

KennyLoggins

I give up on arena wars, it's so imbalanced and buggy. The score board is always wrong, when I've finished a round it says I get paid 80k, but on the scoreboard it says I only got 20k. On carnage I came first and got paid 4k, yet second place got 20k, third place 18k etc. So frustrating.

Gridl0k

There's a new Alien mission, see the Kifflom thread if you want it.

You'll need to have done the first bunker Alien Egg mission.

mojito

I freaking love this update however I would really prefer if it came out a few years ago along with the sentinel classic coz now Im busy most of the time and got very little time for GTA.

My tempa can park next to my Impaler :)

rl9x20.jpg

Edited by mojito

Chang

Tried it. Bubblegum junk first impression.

Will get that Tampa looking car for full price, when I return....if I do.

:) I Chang

555-We-Tip

After a week of Arena War I've had fun but have gotten it through my system now. 

Back to racing and free roam businesses, and waiting on these new cars to fill my garages with.

Might be back to play more of this mode when it turns up as double cash and RP.

hogei

I love to use a drone but difficult for me 

Hellbendzor

I like the arenavehicules and customization of them...Ofcourse I wasn't going to wait until the trade price unlocks, but it was a hefty pricetag again. WEnt from 55M to now 1.5M.

Still need one more vehicule. I really like them and it's fun to have them in the garage. Ofcourse having we're pushed towards buying all variants, but I ended up picking the future variants all the time. It's more my style, rather than the rustbuckets and the over the top colorful variants...

Played around 4 Arena matches. Well, respect for those wanting to unlock the tractor, but nop, not over here...I'll do a match from time to time, when I feel like it, but I suspect this AM will be as dead as a doornail as soon as the double event is over... It's nothing spectacular

Dripfeed cars look nice, so we'll get those when they drop, but this AM will go the same way as all the other AM... The RP or AP as they call it is way too low and the matches are as much fun as they're balanced.

It needs a massive overhaul, but we know that ain't happening... 

Overall pleased with the new vehicules, but the paywall is a big throwoff again. I have no problem to fork out some money, but this is taking it to an extreme level. I hope for next GTA installment they'll lose the damn sharkcard microtransactions and go for  paid DLC-addons… It would make as much money for them as sharks now, but people would most definitely start enjoying the game more instead of grinding for cash, caving in eventually, go for sharkcards and then leaving the game as the pricetags grow completely out of control... What can you buy with a megadon these days… A garage and two of the new vehicules? LOL...

And on a final note.. This DLC still hasn't pulled me back in. Quite the contrary.. Waiting for the snow though...

Edited by Hellbendzor

AndyC-M

Can someone explain how I cant seem to kill anyone but everyone seems to be able to kill me easy enough.

cheers

Agent 14

I've wasted so much money on this dlc... About 30 40 mils to be exact.. I might sell everything and keep that annoying bike and the Nissan. I feel like this is only worth it because of the headlights. I'll save myself the headache from competing there any longer seriously randoms play this mode like they're mentally retarded.

AndyC-M

a few of the older folk amongst us might remember the fact that deathrace was actually based on deathrace 2000, which starred sly stallone;

Screen-Shot-2015-05-04-at-3.43.22-AM-630

740full.jpg